XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GamerDude316']Too bad thats not New Vegas DLC, Id buy that in a heartbeat![/QUOTE]

This. I don't know why they're being stingy on FNV DLC sales. I'll pick up the Dishonored DLC even though I'm hoping for a GOTY version to come out in a year or two.

I'm contemplating on the ACIII season pass. I don't plan on getting the game for another year or so but know I'll want the pass. I'm wondering if I should hold out for a repeat Ubi/AC sale and hope it goes lower.

I have question about the current sale on DR: CW and CR: CZ.

It says in the OP that:
"the following list of Xbox LIVE Content will be on sale starting Tuesday, 3/26 to Monday, 4/1."

Does this mean including Monday the first, or is it including March the 31st and that's the last of it?

I ask this because "date to date" is different in different languages. For example in my native language (Dutch) this would mean that it ends on Sunday March the 31st. While in Belgium it does including Monday the 1st (at least, to my knowledge it does).

I would like to wait on the April one day sale before I get these games, just in case I need the points, but if this is my last chance I'll just grab them now.

Thanks in advance :)

[quote name='msnk']I have question about the current sale on DR: CW and CR: CZ.

It says in the OP that:

Does this mean including Monday the first, or is it including March the 31st and that's the last of it?

I ask this because "date to date" is different in different languages. For example in my native language (Dutch) this would mean that it ends on Sunday March the 31st. While in Belgium it does including Monday the 1st (at least, to my knowledge it does).

I would like to wait on the April one day sale before I get these games, just in case I need the points, but if this is my last chance I'll just grab them now.

Thanks in advance :)[/QUOTE]

Though I'm not making any promises, the DotW is almost always up for at least a few hours on mondays before the new deal hits. It's a small risk, but if you want it to count toward the punchcards then it's probably worth it.

EDIT: seems I was confused and it actually updates on Tuesdays. Definitely wait then, no reason not to;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Though I'm not making any promises, the DotW is almost always up for at least a few hours on mondays before the new deal hits. It's a small risk, but if you want it to count toward the punchcards then it's probably worth it[/QUOTE]

This is true, except change "mondays" to "tuesdays". It will be live all Monday, and always changes out on Tuesday when the next weekly deal starts. Having a one-day April Fool's Day bonus deal will not end the weekly deal early.

You'll have at least until early Tuesday morning to buy this week's deal, probably until 9-10am or so. Next week's full weekly deal usually goes live around 2am Tuesday morning (Monday late night).

Those April's day sales were what I was waiting for and I'm really disappointed. I've been on the fence for the Skyrim Dragonborn and Hearthfire DLC. Are they worth it?

[quote name='deszaras']Those April's day sales were what I was waiting for and I'm really disappointed. I've been on the fence for the Skyrim Dragonborn and Hearthfire DLC. Are they worth it?[/QUOTE]

hearthfire is just house dlc and dragonborn offers more quests. I picked up both but I have yet to play them. If you like Skyrim I would say that dragonborn is worth it but as for hearthfire it depends on how you feel.

Certainly thinking that I'll get the season pass for AC3, since I got the game for free. Still holding off on WFC until I know the rest of the sales if I can, I'll probably drop the ball on that. Also, the Dishonored DLC seems nice.

And my backlog just keeps growing.

[quote name='Lemstar']With The Walking Dead down to $20 new at Best Buy this week, I'm considering buying that and selling it once I'm done, instead of paying 800 MSP for the GoD version. How bad are the bugs with the physical version?[/QUOTE]
Physical version is the worst if I remember correctly.

[quote name='deszaras']Those April's day sales were what I was waiting for and I'm really disappointed. I've been on the fence for the Skyrim Dragonborn and Hearthfire DLC. Are they worth it?[/QUOTE]
Dragonborn is well worth it, especially for 50% off and you can even argue that for full price. Hearthfire is more of a preference thing, some think it's cool and others not so much. I for one love anything Skyrim so it's a no-brainer for me.

Those April 1 one-day-deals are what I was expecting. I didn't get my hopes up high because well........Microsoft.

Definitely getting the Dunwalls Trials dlc for Dishonored. Gonna skip the Ass Creed III season pass since it's only 33% off. I think it'll go lower sometime in the future. Besides, with ACII, Revelations and Brotherhood in the backlog.....I can afford to wait :)

[quote name='Dustinator']Those April 1 one-day-deals are what I was expecting. I didn't get my hopes up high because well........Microsoft.

Definitely getting the Dunwalls Trials dlc for Dishonored. Gonna skip the Ass Creed III season pass since it's only 33% off. I think it'll go lower sometime in the future. Besides, with ACII, Revelations and Brotherhood in the backlog.....I can afford to wait :)[/QUOTE]
You know what, you have talked some sense to me. I have a growing backlog as well, so I can afford to wait. :)

[quote name='davisdj']You know what, you have talked some sense to me. I have a growing backlog as well, so I can afford to wait. :)[/QUOTE]

Besides I've been playing it since i got it free and thus far its not a good game at all, be it glitches or just the gameplay. Not a fan of the series but I thought this being the 5th one (?) it would at least be way better than 1. Nope...:cry:

dat rage inducing moment when I'm going to come up 150 points short of getting the last FO3 DLC, and two days short on two of my bing accounts from getting the 100. Require 1000, have 850. fuckity fuck

[quote name='Elite49']Besides I've been playing it since i got it free and thus far its not a good game at all, be it glitches or just the gameplay. Not a fan of the series but I thought this being the 5th one (?) it would at least be way better than 1. Nope...:cry:[/QUOTE]

Have you ever played AC2?

Too bad you don't like it. For me I've been waiting for AC to mix it up. Revelations was very long in the tooth for me. Wasn't bad at all but was the same old same old. At least AC3 has a new protagonist, new stuff, new era/setting. Perhaps it's my vague Kanien'gehaga heritage speaking out. Meaning, much like Conner I am also from European and Mohawk decent.

[quote name='MisterLemon']dat rage inducing moment when I'm going to come up 150 points short of getting the last FO3 DLC, and two days short on two of my bing accounts from getting the 100. Require 1000, have 850. fuckity fuck[/QUOTE]

I feel you, I stupidly redeemed mine for other stuff this month.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Physical version is the worst if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'd just like to know exactly how bad it is. The compensation that Telltale offered for the game being unplayable only indicated that it applies to 4GB slims, but I'm assuming that there's other problems with it too.

Just a note, for all of you holding off on the Season Pass, keep in mind that the Pass at this price is cheaper than all the DLC in the pass 50% off, as is DotW standard even for old AC content.

Pass includes:

Hidden Secrets Pack (400 MSP) - (Includes all pre-order & special edition single player DLC)

Battle Hardened Pack (800 MSP) - (Multiplayer stuff, but the multiplayer in this game is actually pretty good)

3 single player DLC episodes (800 MSP each, 2400 MSP total), last episode to be out late April.

Which is a total of 3600 MSP (the pass itself was originally saving you 33%), which divided by 2 is 1800, 200 MSP more than the Season Pass deal tomorrow. The only way I see it getting cheaper is if they put the entire pass for half off @ 1200 ($5 difference) and I think that's rather unlikely. That's my personal justification for getting it. Might be the best deal of the 1-day sale considering all the content isn't even out yet.

Also, all packs aside from Hidden Secrets come with achievements.

Seems like this & Dunwall Trials are the only gems tomorrow, I'm personally more excited for the Microsoft Studios sale, haven't seen one of those in agesssssssss.

Edit: Also the single player episodes come with cool game-breaking animal powers (but only for use inside the single player DLC)

[quote name='MisterLemon']dat rage inducing moment when I'm going to come up 150 points short of getting the last FO3 DLC, and two days short on two of my bing accounts from getting the 100. Require 1000, have 850. fuckity fuck[/QUOTE]

you can buy 400 mps on amazon
or theres a deal in bestbuy for 2000 mps for 19.99

season pass or hitman(360) or season pass and hitman for 9.99 on steam

[quote name='Lemstar']Yeah, I'd just like to know exactly how bad it is. The compensation that Telltale offered for the game being unplayable only indicated that it applies to 4GB slims, but I'm assuming that there's other problems with it too.[/QUOTE]

I have the disc version and I haven't run into any problems aside from the end of Episode 2 being kind of twitchy (you know what part I'm talking about). BUT this may be because I bought Episode 1 for free and had it on my hard drive at the time, which is where I had started my game save.

Edit: Forgot, another person used my copy and started their save on there, also with no issues.

[quote name='SunDevil77']So...Dragonborn is still gonna be on sale tomorrow, right?[/QUOTE]
Yes till the new DotW starts again with a Microsoft Studio sale

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Just a note, for all of you holding off on the Season Pass, keep in mind that the Pass at this price is cheaper than all the DLC in the pass 50% off, as is DotW standard even for old AC content.

Pass includes:

Hidden Secrets Pack (400 MSP) - (Includes all pre-order & special edition single player DLC)

Battle Hardened Pack (800 MSP) - (Multiplayer stuff, but the multiplayer in this game is actually pretty good)

3 single player DLC episodes (800 MSP each, 2400 MSP total), last episode to be out late April.

Which is a total of 3600 MSP (the pass itself was originally saving you 33%), which divided by 2 is 1800, 200 MSP more than the Season Pass deal tomorrow. The only way I see it getting cheaper is if they put the entire pass for half off @ 1200 ($5 difference) and I think that's rather unlikely. That's my personal justification for getting it. Might be the best deal of the 1-day sale considering all the content isn't even out yet.

Seems like this & Dunwall Trials are the only gems tomorrow, I'm personally more excited for the Microsoft Studios sale, haven't seen one of those in agesssssssss.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Now you changed my mind, thanks. :)

[quote name='BobbyTastic']

Also, all packs aside from Hidden Secrets come with achievements.[/QUOTE]

Do not play mp.

All 360 games come with achievements. So what? They have no play value.

[quote name='davisdj']:lol:

Now you changed my mind, thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

No problem. Just realized the math right before I posted it, forgot so much DLC was included with the pass.

[quote name='aeonus']Do not play mp.

All 360 games come with achievements. So what? They have no play value.[/QUOTE]

A) I said in my opinion I thought the MP in this AC was pretty good compared to the previous games (specifically Wolf Pack). But yes, some people don't like MP, which is why I mentioned it was MP-only.

B) Not all 360 DLC comes with achievements.

C) As prior posts in this thread have indicated, they DO add play value to some people, myself included.

D) Even without purchasing the multiplayer DLC at half-off, the entire package 50% off individually would be 1400 MSP (difference of $2.50/200 MSP), so 1600 is still a bargain.

E) What was the point of your post if none of that appealed to you personally? I was just pointing out that the pass discount was more of a discount than one might think.

Edit: On a brighter note, Happy Easter/Passover/Whatever Everybody.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']
D) Even without purchasing the multiplayer DLC at half-off, the entire package 50% off individually would be 1400 MSP (difference of $2.50/200 MSP), so 1600 is still a bargain.
[/QUOTE]

But the mission pack DLC alone at 50% off would be 1200 msp.

[quote name='aeonus']But the mission pack DLC alone at 50% off would be 1200 msp.[/QUOTE]

That's only if you don't get the Hidden Secrets pack (for 200 MSP/$2.50) which does add mostly SP content (namely 3 missions in different locations, 3 different exclusive weapons and 2 single player skins: the original uniform of the Captain of the Aquila and the traditional Colonial Assassin). It also adds 2 multiplayer characters.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Just a note, for all of you holding off on the Season Pass, keep in mind that the Pass at this price is cheaper than all the DLC in the pass 50% off, as is DotW standard even for old AC content.

Pass includes:

Seems like this & Dunwall Trials are the only gems tomorrow, I'm personally more excited for the Microsoft Studios sale, haven't seen one of those in agesssssssss.

Edit: Also the single player episodes come with cool game-breaking animal powers (but only for use inside the single player DLC)[/QUOTE]

Well done, I did the math earlier but you did way better than me. This will sway people towards it now.

Yeah Dunwall Trials are mine tomorrow, 160msp to add more Dishonored, sign me up.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']April 1st deals:

Code:
Spring Sale    Original     Sale Price    Savings
Assassin’s Creed 3 Season Pass     2400    1600    33%
Battlefield 3 Aftermath            1200    600    50%
Fallout 3 : Point Lookout        800    200    75%
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta     800    200    75%
Fallout 3: Broken Steel          800    200    75%
Fallout 3: The Pitt             800    200    75%
Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage     800    200    75%
Dishonored – Dunwall City Trials 400    160    60%
The Amazing Spider-Man GonD    $49.99    $19.99    60%
[/QUOTE]

Updating OP now ... hang tight. ... all done. I decided to merge them into the text, since some folks may find buying AC3 as both GoD + DLC may be appealing ... and besides, Easter is the perfect pink holiday. :lol:

And I've added a note to the Fallout 3 DLC, reminding folks that the GOTY edition is a better deal. ;)

And I don't know why I caved in, but I added achievement points to all the April Fools DLC. :cry:

Don't sweat it, skip Mothership Zeta. Point Lookout and Broken Steel are easily the most important two. Operation Anchorage and The Pitt are both decent, Zeta honestly kind of stinks.

Thanks for that bobby you probably swayed me even though AC3 is probably my least favorite AC still a damn good deal on the season pass

I really hope dlc and GOD count towards those punchcards, because I might get quite a few things here, that will cover the $40.

Well that sucks. I'll probably buy the walking dead and dead risings, but that doesn't do a ton of good towards the $40, or buying 4 games at least $5 each.

[quote name='GUNNM']Thanks for that bobby you probably swayed me even though AC3 is probably my least favorite AC still a damn good deal on the season pass[/QUOTE]
AC3 takes a while to get going. I enjoyed it (especially the naval battles), but it can be argued that the single player DLC is better than the game itself. They really put some time into it, and as Shifty said, the new animal powers are pretty damn awesome.

I would think those of you who got the game for free would purchase it without hesitation.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Don't sweat it, skip Mothership Zeta. Point Lookout and Broken Steel are easily the most important two. Operation Anchorage and The Pitt are both decent, Zeta honestly kind of stinks.[/QUOTE]

MZ was my lowest priority but it's still kind of disappointing to know that now I'll have to shell out as much as I did for all 4 of the others to finish my DLC for FO3.

I've read Point Lookout and Broken Steel are good and that Anchorage and Zeta suck (being FPS combat scenarios and not RPG), ut how about the Pitt? Buy or don't buy?

All I remember about The Pitt was fighting in arenas for a few seconds at a time, but still it wasn't anything too interesting or worth noting. I Mean there's a good moral/karma dilemma choice it gives you in the end, but outside of that it still wasn't great.

Am I the only one still seeing GTA IV as the deal of the week? When I go into the sales and specials app I don't see anything about transformers being on sale but when I click the link via CAG it shows it as the weekly deal.

[quote name='zombieking779']Am I the only one still seeing GTA IV as the deal of the week? When I go into the sales and specials app I don't see anything about transformers being on sale but when I click the link via CAG it shows it as the weekly deal.[/QUOTE]
Because the sales and special app has been deal for literally weeks now and no signs of them revisiting or updating that thing.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']I have an chinese account with ac3 on it but i cant access the download and i cant access the game marketplace. What gives?[/QUOTE]
Because they took that game off the Chinese marketplace once Kotaku and Reddit posted the deal. So alot of people didn't get it to finish downloading, but majority of CAG's here were able to just migrate that account to America and download it from the US servers. It was talked about a few pages ago.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']I have an chinese account with ac3 on it but i cant access the download and i cant access the game marketplace. What gives?[/QUOTE]

it's already been repeated to death, but you need to first migrate your account to wherever you live (so long as the game isn't blocked there). Then you should be able to download it just fine

[quote name='bardockkun']Because the sales and special app has been deal for literally weeks now and no signs of them revisiting or updating that thing.[/QUOTE]

Wow.... Thanks I didn't even realize that since I was doing the daily scratch and match thing. Thanks for the quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back