XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sath666']Yep, they count as dlc's.[/QUOTE]

Then I hope Microsoft have much more games for sale (people demand the Banjo games and they knows it).

I didn't know of that Sega sale but came wonder to me.

[quote name='plus1zero']So are the wwe games on sale or no?[/QUOTE]

WWE '12 is as well as the season pass for it. '13 was *just* added to the marketplace today and isn't on sale (didn't expect it to be), no sale on the '13 season pass or any avatar stuff or even WWE All Stars. some "WWE sale", all I wanted was All Stars anyway.

Hmmm, may have to pick up Guardian Heroes at that price. Have the original, but will check out the HD graphics. May have to pick up Quarrel too.

Oh, Pinball FX 2 tables discounted! I'm in!!
- Marvel: Avenger Chronicles 400
- Plants vs Zombies 120
- Classics 400

Once again not even a slight discount on Banjo Kazooie/Tooie and no discount on Hydro Thunder's DLC...
At least origin of pain is down to half...
Cheers Sath

[quote name='E.Nich']Oh, Pinball FX 2 tables discounted! I'm in!!
- Marvel: Avenger Chronicles 400
- Plants vs Zombies 120
- Classics 400[/QUOTE]Oh sweet, think I'll get the PvZ table. Pretty much gotten all the tables on sale.

Hmm, Sega Bass Fishing could be the 400 MSP game I needed if I get $35 worth of 3 other games (was thinking of getting Time Pilot or Xevious instead). Is it worth it? I recall they used some fishing game as the basis for Big in Sonic Adventure. I just know there's 2 avatar awards (shirt for 5 hours of play & a fishing rod for 10).

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']So I picked up the AC3 Season Pass and got at least a Connor Outfit from raptr aya wish they still would have the eagle pet but well didn't want to buy the season pass when it was 2400 and they were still available lol[/QUOTE]
Eagle's pretty sweet. I still prefer my FFXIII chocobo, though.

Back to the sale: I see Full House Poker is on sale. I've said it before and I'll say it again: do not buy this POS game. Loads of unobtainable achievements, awful bots, a counterintuitive grading scale that rewards bad play, and connection issues galore. However, it can be quite fun if you and some friends play at a private table. Public matches are nothing more than all-in fests and people trying to draw out, though, since there are no stakes whatsoever and no real penalty for busting out.

[quote name='E.Nich']
- Plants vs Zombies 120
[/QUOTE]

This saves the Microsoft sale from being a waste for me. I have everything else. :)

Damn, I'm never gonna reach the 3200 msp mark, all I'm gonna buy are arcade games DLC :( It's a pity DLC's doesn't count, but then again, perhaps they change their mind later (it happened before).

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Really wish they put the DLC from the first Magic Game on sale as well and the DLC for Hydro Thunder

[quote name='plus1zero']Ugh been wanting a deal on all stars for forever. That freaking game holds its value![/QUOTE]

I remember I picked it up on Black Friday of 2011 for $15. I remember helping a guy out at Walmart before the sales started that was looking for the games and showed him where to stand, walked away to scope out other deals, then coming back and seeing the asshole took off the shrink wrap and took all the Batman: AC which was the main reason I was there. But he left me a copy of WWE All-Stars which wasnt even part of the sale flyers and the game just came out, so it cheered me up a little.

Definitely going to jump on P Vs Z pinball table and Retro City Rampage. Waiting to see what else is on sale to see if I need to pick up more points. I need a LOT of DLC for a bunch of games, so hopefully its not just arcade games.

[quote name='ExtremeGamer']WWE 12 is $14.99

And now WWE 13 is $39.99 LOL[/QUOTE]

I might be more "hungry" for WWE12 if it were only 600 points.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but I didn't see Magic 2013 on the list that is linked on this page.

Might just pick it up at 400 points to go along with Trials. :D

[quote name='ooga']This saves the Microsoft sale from being a waste for me. I have everything else. :)[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I'm pretty sure it's the only thing that hasn't been on sale before. The rest is repeat-city.

[quote name='MXRider']damn it. I want forza rally to go on sale :([/QUOTE]
Same here. I've been waiting for a Forza sale since November as that is when i started 4 as well...

So what do you have to purchase to play the extra tables for pinball fx2? I see a free full game and a core full game thats 800 space dollars?

I'm mostly just wanting to play the avengers tables...

Pretty shitty sales. I actually needed Halo Reach dlc to go on sale since I picked up the game last year. GH might be part of the monthly discounts, so if it is, it becomes a automatic buy for everyone.

[quote name='blucadet3']So what do you have to purchase to play the extra tables for pinball fx2? I see a free full game and a core full game thats 800 space dollars?

I'm mostly just wanting to play the avengers tables...[/QUOTE]If you want just the Avengers tables, that's fine. The actual game is just a hub for all the different tables that you can buy/try out. Just download the trial for the full game, then buy the tables that you want.

& PvZ table was easy and fun. 1 achievement, 50G, got it fairly quickly. Plus I manage to get a high score of 33,700,000+ on my first attempt. So close to getting that 2nd avatar award (Wizard Score is 81,150, Superscore is 442).

BS for the morning:

Thank you to the Squirrel of Ninjas for reminding me I need to update my sig and fire off a few PMs.

Guardian Heroes for 400 :D I'm gonna wait and see if that's a monthly discount, but it's hard not to jump on that immediately since I missed it last time it was on sale. RCR is a must-nab, and I'm glad I held off on buying it when it was 800 - I didn't expect it to be marked down this soon, really. And I could almost swear I already owned Mercury HG, but xbox.com doesn't seem to agree. Maybe I nabbed it through S&S+? Or maybe I just passed last time for who knows what reason. PvZ table on the cheap and that wraps it up for me.

I really wanna nab the RE6 and ORC DLC while it's still marked down, but I can't fight the feeling it'll see a discount again in the not-way-too-distant future. Certainly before I actually start those games.

hmm, been waiting to pick up Castle Crashers. I might not be able to find anyone to play with, so any thoughts on it as a single player game? I loved Alien Hominid:bouncy:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']hmm, been waiting to pick up Castle Crashers. I might not be able to find anyone to play with, so any thoughts on it as a single player game? I loved Alien Hominid:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

It's definitely meant to be enjoyed in multiplayer. I found single player pretty boring.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']And I could almost swear I already owned Mercury HG, but xbox.com doesn't seem to agree. Maybe I nabbed it through S&S+? Or maybe I just passed last time for who knows what reason.[/QUOTE]
Check your purchase history. I mentioned it last night, and will probably put it in the OP later, that Mercury Hg, Quarrel and Swarm were in the S&S app, and those purchases don't show on xbox.com. xbox_man said Pool Nation may have also been on sale in the app.

[quote name='Zonic505']If you want just the Avengers tables, that's fine. The actual game is just a hub for all the different tables that you can buy/try out. Just download the trial for the full game, then buy the tables that you want.

& PvZ table was easy and fun. 1 achievement, 50G, got it fairly quickly. Plus I manage to get a high score of 33,700,000+ on my first attempt. So close to getting that 2nd avatar award (Wizard Score is 81,150, Superscore is 442).[/QUOTE]

Thanks I was reading up on it and it was not entirely clear if you needed the full game to play the add on tables or not. Glad I dont have to pay for tables I'm not interested in.

:applause:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']hmm, been waiting to pick up Castle Crashers. I might not be able to find anyone to play with, so any thoughts on it as a single player game? I loved Alien Hominid:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Last time I played CC the community was still very active (6 months or so). I don't think you'll have any trouble finding people to play with.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Last time I played CC the community was still very active (6 months or so). I don't think you'll have any trouble finding people to play with.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really a huge fan of playing randoms, always seem to attract the foul mouthed 12 year olds:drool:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'm not really a huge fan of playing randoms, always seem to attract the foul mouthed 12 year olds:drool:[/QUOTE]
lol not going to argue with you there.

I literally fell asleep with the controller in my hand when I tried to play it by myself. A few months later I tried co-op with my girlfriend (she doesn't play games but liked the art style) and it was really fun.

Single player is great. Mostly it depends on your experience with brawlers like this. I grew up playing games like Double Dragon and Golden Axe mostly alone because we didn't have busy arcades, was an only child and didn't have friends over who were gamers a lot.

Castle Crashers throws enough things at you to encourage you to play, whether it's unlocks or just getting levels. So if you enjoy it then you certainly will have reasons to keep picking it up.

As usual, I disagree with tylerh. The brawler is an age old gaming standby and most of them were always designed with "play with your friends or challenge it alone" in mind. The games can be more difficult for the single player but never designed to not be enjoyed. Because the only thing they didn't want is for you NOT want to put your quarter in, whether you were alone or not.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']never heard of Guardian Heroes, but as it also looks like a Beat-Em-Up I guess I'd be in the same boat as with castle crashers:cry: I need some friends lol[/QUOTE]

Guardian Heroes is actually better by yourself than with a friend IMO because continues are limited and it's pretty hard unless you exploit a few specific techniques. It also has a fairly robust branching story told entirely in text. It's definitely a good buy if you enjoy the genre. And here's my Guardian Heroes HD review.

I fully support getting Guardian Heroes. Though this is about the 2nd time I recall it's been on sale (It's Sega, so it'll be on sale again soon enough), so if you miss out, I'm sure it'll be discounted again later this year.

& Doritos Crash Course 2 "coming soon". Hopefully this means within the new few months.

[quote name='eastx']Guardian Heroes is actually better by yourself than with a friend IMO because continues are limited and it's pretty hard unless you exploit a few specific techniques. It also has a fairly robust branching story told entirely in text. It's definitely a good buy if you enjoy the genre. And here's my Guardian Heroes HD review.[/QUOTE]

I'm with eastx here. At the very least most people should play Guardian Heroes through alone before trying with others. It's really deep and you can benefit a lot from learning a bit.

Also, if you play it, enjoy it and have a 3DS I'd suggest trying Code of Princess as well.

so which would be the better buy? I love the art and humor of Castle Crashers, but it sounds like Guardian Heroes is the better game for single player. Decision, decisions:whistle2:k

Are any of the following games published by MS? If someone could look them up real quick or know off the top of their head, I'd appreciate it:

Guardian Heroes
Renegade Ops
Sega Bass Fishing
Wreckateer

Thanks.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so which would be the better buy? I love the art and humor of Castle Crashers, but it sounds like Guardian Heroes is the better game for single player. Decision, decisions:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed Guardian Heroes a good amount. I'd personally recommend it over Castle Crashers.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Are any of the following games published by MS? If someone could look them up real quick or know off the top of their head, I'd appreciate it:

Guardian Heroes
Renegade Ops
Sega Bass Fishing
Wreckateer

Thanks.[/QUOTE]GH = Sega
Renegade Ops = Sega
Sega Bass Fishing = Sega (SHOCKER, RIGHT?!)
Wreckateer = Microsoft

To all of the people considering Castle Crashers, might want to keep in mind that the developer Behemoth is getting ready to launch their semi-sequel to this game next week. A lot of people might be jumping ship soon to their new title Battle Block Theater, but I'm sure with this sale there will still be a few newcomers.

I considered it, but I don't have any one to play it with, like most people here! lol let's start a newbie CC club. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back