XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='super marioPS2']Looks like I'll be trying out some trials for games since I can't figure out which of these to get

Hydro thunder hurricane
Mark of the Ninja
Deadlight[/QUOTE]

Don't bother with the Mark of the Ninja demo.. just buy it!

Sigh. No Forza DLC in this sale. I've been looking forward to this sale hoping for it. I'm pretty surprised it wasn't included. Same goes for Gears 3 and Halo DLC.

[quote name='super marioPS2']Looks like I'll be trying out some trials for games since I can't figure out which of these to get

Hydro thunder hurricane
Mark of the Ninja
Deadlight[/QUOTE]

I am having the same problem, so I came up with an idea. With the XBL Rewards promos for this month being spend 3200 get 800 points back along with buy 4 Arcade titles (at least 400 points each) get a free month of Gold, I am trying to come up with a list the satisfies both goals. I am having a tough time choosing, so let's see some of your list. :)

My idea so far:

Mark of The Ninja - 600 points
Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 points
Trials Evolution - 800 points
Battle Block Theater - 1200 points

Or maybe:

Deadlight - 600 points
Trials HD - 400 points
Magic 2013 - 400 points
Terraria - 1200 points

Either grouping would do the trick coming in right at 3200 points, but man I can't help but want to dig for a better deal though. I could swap Trials Evolution for HD and pick up another 400 point game like Magic 2013, I could pick up Terraria instead of BBT, there are tons of options for 3200 points. What are some of you people thinking about getting to get those sweet rewards?

Hydro thunder hurricane
Mark of the Ninja
Deadlight[/QUOTE]
MotN is on quite a few critics' "top 10" lists for 2012, so that's a definite buy. The other 2 depend if you like arcade'y racers or brain-dead :)lol:) platformers.

Hydro thunder hurricane
Mark of the Ninja
Deadlight[/QUOTE]
MotN is on quite a few critics' "top 10" lists for 2012, so that's a definite buy. The other 2 depend if you like arcade'y racers or brain-dead :)lol:) platformers.

[quote name='Kegley']I am having the same problem, so I came up with an idea. With the XBL Rewards promos for this month being spend 3200 get 800 points back along with buy 4 Arcade titles (at least 400 points each) get a free month of Gold, I am trying to come up with a list the satisfies both goals. I am having a tough time choosing, so let's see some of your list.[/QUOTE]
Why would a CAG buy so many titles at regular prices? BBT is published by "Microsoft Studios", so it will go on sale eventually once the "next big thing" comes out ... and "Terraria" is 505 Games, so it will drop like a brick to stimulate short-term profit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cornelius']It's never fun to go massively chopping the OP, but at least it's current now. Thanks to Bort (over @ "xbldb") for logging each & every S&S+ app deal, so 3 cheers for our community's OCD tendencies! :applause:[/QUOTE]
Didn't realize someone was keeping track in the forums over there. I had seen some stuff had S&S entries underneath the main graph, but the ones I mentioned didn't appear to have the S&S price logged.

[quote name='ooga']What the hell?????[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GUNNM']Tshirt technology is amazing. She's pulling the shirt but the image on the shirt isn't bent.[/QUOTE]
Guess I missed a post.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Sigh. No Forza DLC in this sale. I've been looking forward to this sale hoping for it. I'm pretty surprised it wasn't included. Same goes for Gears 3 and Halo DLC.[/QUOTE]
Gears won't happen while there's a new "Gears" game ... you'd never want to stimulate interest in old titles when there's something new out. And 343 Industries has lagged behind on map packs, so there's not enough reason to go discounting "yet". As for Forza (Horizon) ... wait until after April, when the Season Pass will have finished all 6 updates, and EA also stops pushing "Most Wanted" promos.

[quote name='Cornelius']Why would a CAG buy so many titles at regular prices? BBT is published by "Microsoft Studios", so it will go on sale eventually once the "next big thing" comes out ... and "Terraria" is 505 Games, so it will drop like a brick to stimulate short-term profit.[/QUOTE]

I am new to CAG but I appreciate the advice, BBT and Terraria are the only two I was considering at full price, but that was mainly to achieve to Rewards requirement with a newer game I can play online. The free month of Gold and 800 points back is almost as good as getting either on sale in 6 months. :)

[quote name='dvgamer']Anyone play Dust An Elysian Tail? I watched a gameplay video, looks pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

It is very fun. I haven't played much of it, but I suggest you try it out and then buy it.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']RIVER City Rampage? :lol: Somehow this reminded me of "The Legend of the River King" haha[/QUOTE]

Oops! LOL...Yes, I did mean "Retro City Rampage". :)

Somewhat ironically I just played River City Ransom for the first time ever the other day. Amazing what an homage to that game Scott Pilgrim is.

Pretty excited to pick up the PvZ table. I know it's been discussed, but the general consensus on the classic Pinball FX2 tables was to pass, right?

[quote name='Kegley']I am having the same problem, so I came up with an idea. With the XBL Rewards promos for this month being spend 3200 get 800 points back along with buy 4 Arcade titles (at least 400 points each) get a free month of Gold, I am trying to come up with a list the satisfies both goals. I am having a tough time choosing, so let's see some of your list. :)

My idea so far:

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 points
Trials Evolution - 800 points
Battle Block Theater - 1200 points

Or maybe:

Deadlight - 600 points
Trials HD - 400 points
Magic 2013 - 400 points
Terraria - 1200 points[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind we have four unannounced DotW sales this month. April 9, 16, 23, and 30. Unless you absolutely want to play them right now I would hold off on any full priced games. On April 23 we'll learn the DotW for April 23 - 29, and the DotW for April 30 - May 6; which will qualify for the first day of that sale. You might want to factor in full priced games after seeing how close games on sale will get you to the 3200.

[quote name='Tsel']Pretty excited to pick up the PvZ table. I know it's been discussed, but the general consensus on the classic Pinball FX2 tables was to pass, right?[/QUOTE]I'd say so, yes. For the most part, they haven't aged that well (Xtreme is TERRIBLY cramped), especially compared to some of the tables in FX2. You also can't get as high of a score as well.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']doesn't mark of the ninja have a new game coming out? Or is that only dlc for this one?[/quote]

dlc.

[quote name='deadofnight']Keep in mind we have four unannounced DotW sales this month. April 9, 16, 23, and 30. Unless you absolutely want to play them right now I would hold off on any full priced games. On April 23 we'll learn the DotW for April 23 - 29, and the DotW for April 30 - May 6; which will qualify for the first day of that sale. You might want to factor in full priced games after seeing how close games on sale will get you to the 3200.[/QUOTE]

Very true, I'm holding out for now on a couple things, but I couldn't wait for Trials Evolution and Mark of The Ninja. I have been waiting to play those two for a while.

[quote name='Masters_93']Is A World of Keflings worth it? I have the trial loaded to download but I was hoping for some opinions on it as well.[/QUOTE]

Both Keflings games are great and extremely addictive. I mention it a lot but A World of Keflings and ilomilo (both of which are on sale) also feature a small but fun cross-promotion feature if you own both of them.

[quote name='Bloomy']Guess I missed a post.[/QUOTE]

I must have missed something too...

[quote name='Tsel']Pretty excited to pick up the PvZ table. I know it's been discussed, but the general consensus on the classic Pinball FX2 tables was to pass, right?[/QUOTE]

Classic is definitely my least favorite set of tables, but 4 tables for $5 is still a pretty good deal.

Apparently, you can unlock new heads in BattleBlock Theater by playing Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid HD (which was one of my first 100%'d games... yeah, I'm proud of that :cool:), and Hatty Hattington in Caste Crashers by playing his aforementioned game...

Can't Stop Crying Pack Trailer

Dunno about you, but I like when developers take their time to inject those little touches in their games, like some sort of prize for your fidelity, and I love The Behemot's works in particular 'cause they have a penchant for packing their games with bells and whistles. Tomorrow will reveal if this BattleBlock Theater is worthy of its beloved forefathers... :D

Anyone that does not have Trials Evolution should definitely put that on their buy list. It is an incredibly well made game and lots of fun (with depth and variety even).

[quote name='tylerh1701'] I mention it a lot but A World of Keflings and ilomilo (both of which are on sale) also feature a small but fun cross-promotion feature if you own both of them.

[/QUOTE]

Raskulls is the third game in that trio where you unlock in-game stuff if you have the other two titles.

so just a quick question: I noticed they are promoting the punch card deal on the marketplace, and it has a new gamer picture to download. Do I have to sign up to get the promotion? I'm already a XBR member, but I want to be sure my purchases count towards the 800 points

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so just a quick question: I noticed they are promoting the punch card deal on the marketplace, and it has a new gamer picture to download. Do I have to sign up to get the promotion? I'm already a XBR member, but I want to be sure my purchases count towards the 800 points[/QUOTE]

You don't have to, the ad is just for people who haven't joined yet and who other wise wouldn't hear about XBR, so they can join by downloading the pic, wouldn't hurt to download it anyways.

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']You don't have to, the ad is just for people who haven't joined yet and who other wise wouldn't hear about XBR, so they can join by downloading the pic, wouldn't hurt to download it anyways.[/QUOTE]

oh I did, I just wondered if I'd have to wait the 96 or so hours to be safe. Is this sale today only, or week long?

EDIT: checked the OP, is a week

[quote name='im_dany']I already own Magic 2012, should I get 2013? What's new, just cards?[/QUOTE]

Unless you only buy these on sale, the new one (Magic DotP 2014) will be coming out in late June/early July.

[quote name='illennium']Mark of the Ninja is one of the best XBLA games yet. Go for that one. I did not enjoy the developer's Shank games at all, but Mark of the Ninja is fantastic.[/QUOTE]
Agreed - Mark of the Ninja is excellent. I bought it when it was on sale back in December and just started playing it recently (and finished it last night). That game wasn't on my radar at all initially but ended up being one of my favorites on XBLA.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Unless you only buy these on sale, the new one (Magic DotP 2014) will be coming out in late June/early July.[/QUOTE]

Gotta love the Madden model. Sheesh!
I only have 2012 and haven't played 1 minute of it.

[quote name='johnnymavrik']Now that I started it, hoping the Far Cry 3 DLC goes on sale...sometime.[/QUOTE]

It was 400 points some weeks ago, that's when I got it.

[quote name='ooga']Gotta love the Madden model. Sheesh!
I only have 2012 and haven't played 1 minute of it.[/QUOTE]

Blame Wizards of the Coast. After the success of the Magic 2010 core physical set in summer 2009, they have released a new core set every summer, when they used to only release core sets every 2 years. They missed 2010 for a digital release of DotP as they were still doing DLC for the first one, but now they've got a model down to get DotP out in the summer with DLC through the rest of the year, then some sales in the spring to get some more purchases before the new game releases (Magic DotP 2014 will be the 4th DotP in 5 years.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']It was 400 points some weeks ago, that's when I got it.[/QUOTE]

Figures.

Well, since this stuff boomerangs a lot, hoping it comes back soon.

:)

Quick question. I finally hooked up my older Elite to the internet with a powerline adapter so I can buy games and DLC. Has the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC ever been on sale on Xbox Live? Should I hold out or pick it up now? thanks

On the Dashboard, in the games tab there is a play to earn ad. I clicked on it, then I went to "Check out the new games." They have Deal of the Week there but it shows a picture of Wolverine from "Marvel Vs Capcom Origins". Last night I remember it showing pool balls for Pool Nation. Could it be a tease for what's to come next week?

[quote name='electricsleep']Quick question. I finally hooked up my older Elite to the internet with a powerline adapter so I can buy games and DLC. Has the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC ever been on sale on Xbox Live? Should I hold out or pick it up now? thanks[/QUOTE]
Both Amalur DLC packs have been on sale twice now if I remember right.

[quote name='electricsleep']Quick question. I finally hooked up my older Elite to the internet with a powerline adapter so I can buy games and DLC. Has the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC ever been on sale on Xbox Live? Should I hold out or pick it up now? thanks[/QUOTE]
I believe they've been 50% off on two occasions in the past.

I don't recommend the Far Cry 3 DLC Pack (that had all the pre-order bonuses) - the only one that I thought was decent was 'Monkey Business.' I never found the extra animals (I had already beat the game), the two single player 'Lost Expedition' missions were lame, and there's an extra knife...but no loss there.

[quote name='knight19']I don't recommend the Far Cry 3 DLC Pack (that had all the pre-order bonuses) - the only one that I thought was decent was 'Monkey Business.' I never found the extra animals (I had already beat the game), the two single player 'Lost Expedition' missions were lame, and there's an extra knife...but no loss there.[/QUOTE]

Well, that settles it. Unless it drops to 400 (or lower) any time soon, I will probably avoid it. Not that I don't have a backlog (like the rest of y'all) that will occupy my time after this game does.

[quote name='mclovin_it']Is WWE 12' worth it for $15? I would totally get it if it was $10, but at $15 I am a bit hesitant.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played WWE 13 but due to having a brother who is a huge wrestling fan I sometimes play wrestling games with him. I've been playing them since the first Smackdown! game on psx.

None of them are good.
At all.

[quote name='johnnymavrik']Well, that settles it. Unless it drops to 400 (or lower) any time soon, I will probably avoid it. Not that I don't have a backlog (like the rest of y'all) that will occupy my time after this game does.[/QUOTE]

Monkey Business is decent - four single player missions, all inter-related, and introduces a new character that gives you the missions. If you can hunt down the DLC code cheap on eBay or something, might be worth a pick-up. I think I beat all four missions in 30 minutes or thereabouts. But the rest of the DLC was vastly underwhelming.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I haven't played WWE 13 but due to having a brother who is a huge wrestling fan I sometimes play wrestling games with him. I've been playing them since the first Smackdown! game on psx.

None of them are good.
At all.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I can relate.

I used to play them with a friends for years, but never actually enjoyed them. The most enjoyable aspect of the games to me was customizing my own wrestler to look like Billy Mays, Deadpool, Edgar Allan Poe, etc.

I would never actually spend my own money on a wrestling game.

I bought many of these MS published games during the holiday sale, but I had passed on Trials Evolution. With the current Rewards promo though, I think I'll forego waiting for a deeper discount and just buy it now. I'm also going to start playing a lot of these games this month and cash in on that stupid avatar item reward.

i searched but didnt see any posts about the hungary prices for these. Overlord 2 is 600, but thats all ive checked, anyone have full list

went absolutely nuts again with this sale lol

Trials Evolution + Origin of Pain
Mark Of The Ninja
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Mercury HG
Castle Crashers

im down to 860 points after having 4000 this morning lol

[quote name='bajingo']i searched but didnt see any posts about the hungary prices for these. Overlord 2 is 600, but thats all ive checked, anyone have full list[/QUOTE]

So far its just the wwe '12 is the only region free GonD game in this sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back