XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sath666']I call it - this year's AMY, hell even that game is more playable than DD II.
It runs with sub 20fps all the time, controls are unresponsive and on top of that every enemy attacks at the same time. Plain, plain bad.

Did anyone saw desctiption of this game on XBL:

''This is a remake “Double Dragon II” a 80’s game. The story line takes same as original game story. However, the graphic, character, action, system etc. are change. Also we are including new stage and enemy in the game. The player will be addicted to new version of Double Dragon II. Also, characters are undressed from 80’s style, and recreated with modern sexy and beautiful style that amaze you and feel never been experienced world before.''

:lol:[/QUOTE]

that should be a PS Mini:rofl:it's a rare game when the description is more entertaining:booty:

I didn't think Deadlight was as bad as people are making it out to be, but I only paid $2 for the Steam copy and had fairly low expectations going in. I would say the game's length was just right at 4.5 hours. My biggest gripe was the inconsistent controls. At times it seemed a bit random whether you would make a jump or fail. Also, it was often difficult to distinguish between platforms you could land on and background elements. This made some of the sections more difficult than they needed to be. The story was forgettable, but I enjoyed my time with it all in all. Would only recommend it at 400 points or less though.

Dust was a decent enough game, but I can't agree with all the praise it's getting on here. My initial impression was positive until I realized the metroidvania elements were half baked. The game plays more like a beatem up, and there's nothing wrong with that as I love beat em ups. The problem is the game is fairly lengthy (8-10 hours) and there's just not enough new gameplay mechanics introduced over its course to keep things interesting. It became very repetitive for me about half way in. Didn't really help that the art style/voice acting/story did absolutely nothing for me.

Mark of the Ninja is fantastic and easily one of the best games on the XBLA platform.

A little heads up: for those who didn't catch it during the Russian/Chinese marketplace craze, seems that Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale has gone FREE again, this time for Indian Marketplace.

The game is a pretty boring dungeon romp, slightly more fun in co-op, but hey... FREE is FREE, right? :cool:

[quote name='Junpei']A little heads up: for those who didn't catch it during the Russian/Chinese marketplace craze, seems that Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale has gone FREE again, this time for Indian Marketplace.

The game is a pretty boring dungeon romp, slightly more fun in co-op, but hey... FREE is FREE, right? :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up. Strangely enough, it's displaying as Free on the Buy button when I'm logged in with my U.S. account, but after I click the Buy button and get the option to Confirm the purchase, it tries to charge me 800 MSP. Just a warning.

[quote name='Sath666']I call it - this year's AMY, hell even that game is more playable than DD II.
It runs with sub 20fps all the time, controls are unresponsive and on top of that every enemy attacks at the same time. Plain, plain bad.

Did anyone saw desctiption of this game on XBL:

''This is a remake “Double Dragon II” a 80’s game. The story line takes same as original game story. However, the graphic, character, action, system etc. are change. Also we are including new stage and enemy in the game. The player will be addicted to new version of Double Dragon II. Also, characters are undressed from 80’s style, and recreated with modern sexy and beautiful style that amaze you and feel never been experienced world before.''

:lol:[/QUOTE]

I have to be honest. I did not believe you and went to check out the description myself. ;)

It all makes sense to me now though. The publisher (and possibly developer) are Korean, so they were probably playing Starcraft 2 while programming the game and typing the description. I am really more shocked that they didn't accidentally type the words "Zerg" or "Protoss" in there.

[quote name='Junpei']A little heads up: for those who didn't catch it during the Russian/Chinese marketplace craze, seems that Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale has gone FREE again, this time for Indian Marketplace.

The game is a pretty boring dungeon romp, slightly more fun in co-op, but hey... FREE is FREE, right? :cool:[/QUOTE]

time to make another xbl account...

I actually really liked Deadlight. The art direction and theme in that game was great. I played it primarily for the story, but the combat (finishing zombies off in particular could be really satisfying at times) and gameplay were pretty solid too. Probably my favorite Summer of Arcade game from the bunch.

[quote name='disilluzion']The UPS guy just gave me a 1600 MSP card from buy.com

I have never done business with buy.com

I'm not complaining, just confused...[/QUOTE]

Nice! Although, have you bought anything from Rakuten.com? Same company and they've had some deals on points recently I thought.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Thanks for the heads-up. Strangely enough, it's displaying as Free on the Buy button when I'm logged in with my U.S. account, but after I click the Buy button and get the option to Confirm the purchase, it tries to charge me 800 MSP. Just a warning.[/QUOTE]

also noticed this, glad I didn't tempt myself and actually purchase it. Redeemed fine on my new account, will go turn on my 360 in a few minutes and see if it downloads;)

[quote name='ooga']I have to be honest. I did not believe you and went to check out the description myself. ;)

It all makes sense to me now though. The publisher (and possibly developer) are Korean, so they were probably playing Starcraft 2 while programming the game and typing the description. I am really more shocked that they didn't accidentally type the words "Zerg" or "Protoss" in there.[/QUOTE]I checked to see who the developer was (Gravity) & it turns out they did that MMO Ragnarok.

The developer, Cyber Front, seems to have some different divisions (they published some random games in Japan, the latest being Skullgirls. They published Zombie Driver HD in the US), though the one that did this game was Korean.

I can't believe people actually liked Deadlight. To steal from a great who died yesterday, I hated this game. Hated hated hated hated hated this game. Hated it. I have over 100 XBLA games, and I've only ever deleted one off my harddrive. That game is Deadlight.

Awful controls, awful combat, awful platforming, awful story, but just enough promise and potential to make you mad that the game wasn't better.

[quote name='simmias']I can't believe people actually liked Deadlight. To steal from a great who died yesterday, I hated this game. Hated hated hated hated hated this game. Hated it. I have over 100 XBLA games, and I've only ever deleted one off my harddrive. That game is Deadlight.

Awful controls, awful combat, awful platforming, awful story, but just enough promise and potential to make you mad that the game wasn't better.[/QUOTE]

As someone who lives around Seattle too, besides the Space Needle... nothing about the city really represented Seattle.

[quote name='Zonic505']I checked to see who the developer was (Gravity) & it turns out they did that MMO Ragnarok.

The developer, Cyber Front, seems to have some different divisions (they published some random games in Japan, the latest being Skullgirls. They published Zombie Driver HD in the US), though the one that did this game was Korean.[/QUOTE]

So there you go, a South Korean developer. Since the Starcraft 2 expansion came out recently, they are probably not even aware that the North Koreans are about to invade. ;)

So I have to say I completed Deadlight myself and I had no problem at all with the controls, the combat or anyhting like that...story wasn't that bad either but very predictable...

So in a nutshell I liked this (kinda short) game and had fun while playing it, it also has some minigames inside the game which were fun too....I agree that MotN is the better game but if you have 600 MSP burning in your pocket after you got MotN then I can recommend it for this price...

Possible Spoiler

P.S. I remember some people had serious problems with the chopper level because they said it was difficult...I for myself had no problem to finish it on the first try and really can't relate to those people

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I have to wonder how Microsoft keeps releasing these $15 games for $10 at launch to screw over the publisher/developer.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to Double Dragon II? I think it was supposed to be 800 MSP but Major Nelson had the price listed incorrectly.

Unless you know more about it than I do, which is very probable...

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']So I have to say I completed Deadlight myself and I had no problem at all with the controls, the combat or anyhting like that...story wasn't that bad either but very predictable...

So in a nutshell I liked this (kinda short) game and had fun while playing it, it also has some minigames inside the game which were fun too....I agree that MotN is the better game but if you have 400 MSP burning in your pocket after you got MotN then I can recommend it for this price...

Possible Spoiler

P.S. I remember some people had serious problems with the chopper level because they said it was difficult...I for myself had no problem to finish it on the first try and really can't relate to those people
[/QUOTE]

it's actually 600, if you're still referring to deadlight

[quote name='wEEman33']Double Dragon II may be the new worst game on Xbox live.

Do not even waste your time downloading the trial for this disgrace.[/QUOTE]

you know saying not to do something only makes people want to do it more:lol:

I Got to admit all the questions of "how's this game compared to this game?" on nearly every page and usually the SAME game brought up over and over again is kind of making me for the third post being about CAG reviews.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Are you referring to Double Dragon II? I think it was supposed to be 800 MSP but Major Nelson had the price listed incorrectly.

Unless you know more about it than I do, which is very probable...[/QUOTE]
I'm going by the price that everybody here was freaking out about when it was announced to be a $15 game. I can't find any official confirmation anywhere because both the developer and publisher have no mention of this game on their respective sites. This seems like the ultimate cash-in project.

Microsoft did that to Retro City Rampage at launch without the developer's permission, which he already wasn't a huge fan of the launch date he was given.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']also noticed this, glad I didn't tempt myself and actually purchase it. Redeemed fine on my new account, will go turn on my 360 in a few minutes and see if it downloads;)[/QUOTE]
Too much work for a game that's not very good :lol:

It wouldn't matter if Double Dragon II had launched at 1 Microsoft point, the game still wouldn't be worth downloading.

Total disgrace to the franchise.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm going by the price that everybody here was freaking out about when it was announced to be a $15 game. I can't find any official confirmation anywhere because both the developer and publisher have no mention of this game on their respective sites. This seems like the ultimate cash-in project.

Microsoft did that to Retro City Rampage at launch without the developer's permission, which he already wasn't a huge fan of the launch date he was given.[/QUOTE]

It was stated earlier in the thread that the developer was saying the price would be 800 MSP

[quote name='wEEman33']It wouldn't matter if Double Dragon II had launched at 1 Microsoft point, the game still wouldn't be worth downloading.

Total disgrace to the franchise.[/QUOTE]
Double Dragon V The Shadow Falls still has to be the lowest point.

got ninja, deadlight, dust, and trials hd cuz i love trials evo so much
need to spend 12.50 more hopefully bloodforge goes on sale again and south park tenormans revenge or trials hd dlc. Otherwise i'll probably buy that avatar motocross game that comes out wednesday and use the $10 free I get for south park or trials hd dlc

Ugh, was planning on getting DD2 as part of the rewards offer, but trying the demo, it just felt so terrible. & this is especially after the fact Double Dragon Neon was a rather decent remake/tribute of the first game. DD2's "remake" just felt like a poor PS1 game overall.

Well, guess I gotta find a different game now. Perhaps I'll get a fighting game like Garou, NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, or Gulity Gear. Or maybe I'll get 2 400 MSP games (Xevious, Time Pilot, Super Contra, Tetris Splash &/or Sega Bass Fishing) to equal 800. Rocket Knight seems tempting, & I've been waiting forever for it to go on sale.

[quote name='Gosha']As someone who lives around Seattle too, besides the Space Needle... nothing about the city really represented Seattle.[/QUOTE] Yeah I was expecting more myself in that area.

[quote name='wEEman33']Guardian Heroes is 400 points. Buy that instead of Double Dragon II if you want a good beat em up.[/QUOTE]Already have that & even recommended it to other people in here. Phantom Breaker Battleground has also provided some fun over the last few days as well.

Think I'm gonna wait for the remaining sales to be announced for the month before I buy anything else. Doubt something I want will be discounted (Guilty Gear for 800 would be sweet, but I doubt it), but ya never know.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm going by the price that everybody here was freaking out about when it was announced to be a $15 game. I can't find any official confirmation anywhere because both the developer and publisher have no mention of this game on their respective sites. This seems like the ultimate cash-in project.[/QUOTE]

Like I said a few days ago, the price was always supposed to be 800. But there was a lot of sale discussion so my post probably got lost in the shuffle. Major Nelson just misreported it. And you know, given the general consensus about Double Dragon II's quality (or at least its antiquated graphics engine which everyone then extrapolates into overall quality), 800 is much smarter than 1200.

I'm working on getting the game's South Korean devs Gravity Co to change its store description, BTW.

[quote name='VidPower']Wow. How did they let that through?[/QUOTE]

If you have seen the quality of the port, then you would have your answer.

If anything that description is its saving grace as I at least got a laugh out of it

[quote name='eastx']I'm working on getting the game's South Korean devs Gravity Co to change its store description, BTW.[/QUOTE]
Snitch. Leave that great description alone.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Snitch. Leave that great description alone.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Why rob the game of it's lone redeeming value?

[quote name='simmias']I can't believe people actually liked Deadlight. To steal from a great who died yesterday, I hated this game. Hated hated hated hated hated this game. Hated it. I have over 100 XBLA games, and I've only ever deleted one off my harddrive. That game is Deadlight.

Awful controls, awful combat, awful platforming, awful story, but just enough promise and potential to make you mad that the game wasn't better.[/QUOTE]

The problem I think with Deadlight is that it's a game that strangely gets progressively worse as you play it. The first 20-30 minutes of it are great and then as they try to add new mechanics (or in some ways remove mechanics as they leave you with just a slingshot) it just gets worse. I admit that I can't really think of another game that gets more frustrating and boring as it unfolds. That closes off the world instead of opening it as you move through the game. Most games start off with you in a room and open up a world as you learn the mechanics, I felt the latter happening in this game. It's sort of unique that way. Though I don't think I hated hated it like you did. I'm glad it's just about 3 hours though as after an hour into it I couldn't wait for it to end, but the completionist in me needed to see it through.

The one thing I did appreciate it that it's easy to get 400/400 gamerscore and so once it's finished it can be deleted and forgotten about. Yes the controls are at times muddy. But it does have a decent checkpoint system that doesn't punish you too hard for some of the sillier deaths. I got it for free off playxbla and wouldn't have paid more than 200-400 msp for it.

RIP Mr Ebert btw, your two thumbs will be sorely missed

Deadlight's ending was so dumb. "We need to live! To survive!"

"Now jump in this boat while I let these slow moving zombies devour me!"

What..?!

And that Rat section...awful. Just awful.

So, I got 2 punches for buying a 400 point game, but I only bought one, Mark of the Ninja. Unless TWD episodes counted, or Dragonborn. Really not sure what happened.

[quote name='skonson']The problem I think with Deadlight is that it's a game that strangely gets progressively worse as you play it. The first 20-30 minutes of it are great and then as they try to add new mechanics (or in some ways remove mechanics as they leave you with just a slingshot) it just gets worse. I admit that I can't really think of another game that gets more frustrating and boring as it unfolds. That closes off the world instead of opening it as you move through the game. Most games start off with you in a room and open up a world as you learn the mechanics, I felt the latter happening in this game. It's sort of unique that way. Though I don't think I hated hated it like you did. I'm glad it's just about 3 hours though as after an hour into it I couldn't wait for it to end, but the completionist in me needed to see it through.

The one thing I did appreciate it that it's easy to get 400/400 gamerscore and so once it's finished it can be deleted and forgotten about. Yes the controls are at times muddy. But it does have a decent checkpoint system that doesn't punish you too hard for some of the sillier deaths. I got it for free off playxbla and wouldn't have paid more than 200-400 msp for it.

RIP Mr Ebert btw, your two thumbs will be sorely missed[/QUOTE]
Yup, your review encapsulates the issues with this game very well. It would be especially frustrating when you'd find yourself "trapped" in an area, but your companion was just able to just walk away using that elusive third dimension that you couldn't access. Why'd I have to fire my slingshot at these elaborate pulley systems when dude just walked away upscreen?

[quote name='Obiwan456']So, I got 2 punches for buying a 400 point game, but I only bought one, Mark of the Ninja. Unless TWD episodes counted, or Dragonborn. Really not sure what happened.[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing. I've only bought 3 games so far (Minecraft, World of Keflings, Sonic 3) but all my punches are completed.

so nothings been revealed as to next weeks deals?

im trying to convince myself that I dont need Hydro Thunder, Ilomilo or Hydrophobia but man its
tough

oh and ive accomplished 2 of the 3 punchcards, just gotta get 4 more 5 hours on arcade games and im set for all 3

I have only bought one arcade game so far and I have 3/4 arcade games on my second punch card. Did the trial versions of two games I downloaded count for that? lol

Deadlight is the single biggest XBLA disappointment I've had. However, the production quality of the graphics and atmosphere is outstanding. It's a great looking video game with absolutely no compelling gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back