XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing interesting to me as of late since I already own both Mark of the Ninja and Dust. But lately I have spend full price on three season passes equaling 4800 MS pts! :hot: Better hold off on alot of sales since I bought 2x Gears Passes and 1 Bioshock Infinite pass since that game was fucking amazing!

[quote name='Obiwan456']So, I got 2 punches for buying a 400 point game, but I only bought one, Mark of the Ninja. Unless TWD episodes counted, or Dragonborn. Really not sure what happened.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've got two punches for buying 2 games worth 400msp each. The only thing is that I've only bought 3 games so far this month. Retro City Rampage for 600msp and then Quarrel and Swarm for 200msp each. I should technically only have one punch but perhaps the combo of Quarrel and Swarm equals 400msp in their system which is clearly as confused about this promo just as about 1/3 of the people on this forum are). Weird but I'm not gonna complain as now I just need 2 more punches to grab a free month of live (though probably will wind up buying a few more games to get the 800 pts back now that I only have another 2200 pts to spend to get it).

[quote name='gordojones88']Deadlight is the single biggest XBLA disappointment I've had.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you've never played Hydrophobia, Amy, Daggerdale, Comic Jumper, Deadliest Warrior, The Baconing, The Warriors: Street Brawl, Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, Ugly Americans: Apolcalypsegeddon, NBA Unrivaled, Nexuiz, Real Steel, Battle: LA, Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot, The Expendables 2:the video game, or TMNT Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled, have you?

[quote name='sicsonic']I'm guessing you've never played Hydrophobia, Amy, Daggerdale, Comic Jumper, Deadliest Warrior, The Baconing, The Warriors: Street Brawl, Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, Ugly Americans: Apolcalypsegeddon, NBA Unrivaled, Nexuiz, Real Steel, Battle: LA, Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot, The Expendables 2:the video game, or TMNT Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled, have you?[/QUOTE]

Oh God. Reading Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime made me throw up a little in my mouth. What a horrid game! I still remember that I had to walk up to my 40" TV and still squint at the text boxes during the cut scenes they were that small. Everything about that game is horrible horrible horrible. Like most people I got it for free and now I desperately want to get rid of it like some horrid sexually transmitted disease. Such a terrible game.

[quote name='sicsonic']I'm guessing you've never played Hydrophobia, Amy, Daggerdale, Comic Jumper, Deadliest Warrior, The Baconing, The Warriors: Street Brawl, Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, Ugly Americans: Apolcalypsegeddon, NBA Unrivaled, Nexuiz, Real Steel, Battle: LA, Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot, The Expendables 2:the video game, or TMNT Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled, have you?[/QUOTE]

Actually Hydrophobia wasn't that bad. And comic Jumper I loved. So your list is very opinion based. The others I had no interest in at all even after what people said. im am interested in plaing AMY one day regardless of what people say since a patch has since been released.

Tbh these games looked awful on every video and most of us expected the mediocrity. :p

Well, I enjoyed playing Comic Jumper, and a friend of mine had a very good time with Real Steel.

On a side note, do not comment this I'm going to say outside this forum, but I know someone who loved Deadlight :shock:.

Well, that guy who loved Deadlight also had TMNT Re-Shelled, and the one who likes Real Steel and me went to his house to play in local (we don't own it). Man, what a boring game :twoguns:.

Hey guys i'm new to Xbox stuff somewhat has

Radiant Silvergun
Ikaruga
Guardian Heroes
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Dead Rising 2: Case West

ever go on sale? How often and how much? Thank you! :)

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Hey guys i'm new to Xbox stuff somewhat has

Radiant Silvergun
Ikaruga
Guardian Heroes

ever go on sale? How often and how much? Thank you! :)[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Xbox and the forums!

Let me introduce you to: http://www.xbldb.com - run by our very own CAG Spylon

Here you can find every piece of content, when it went on sale, how much it went on sale for, etc. That'll give you a good idea on if you can expect it again.

That said, Guardian Heroes is on sale right now, so grab it!

Radiant Silvergun
Ikaruga
Guardian Heroes

ever go on sale? How often and how much? Thank you! :)[/QUOTE]
Dead Rising 2 CZ and CW were on sale for a week until 1st april... they were 160 MSP and 320 MSP.
Guardian Heroes should be on sale right now for 400 MSP, and I've never heard about the other two games going on sale.

Check this website (search bar is on the right) to see all the actual deals and if a game has been on sale before: http://xbldb.com/games

You thought Ghostbusters, Real Steel, and expendables 2 were going to live to expectations?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Radiant Silvergun
Ikaruga
Guardian Heroes

ever go on sale? How often and how much? Thank you! :)[/QUOTE]As stated, the DR2 games have been on sale quite a few times, Guardian Heroes is on sale at the moment (this is the 2nd time I recall), and Ikaruga has been on sale about twice or so now. Radiant Silvergun was on sale once at the end of 2011, but that was it.

Best part about being new to Xbox stuff is the fact most of the stuff you might want will probably be on sale at some point. I remember when I got my 360, the concept of Deal of the Week was great and how I saved so much money was awesome.

Finally bought some games on this sale: Dust, Mercury HG, Retro City Rampage, and Quarrel, and Winterbottom.

This further adds to my Xbla backlog, but I will get around to them!

Man, I will never understand all the hate for Deadlight. I enjoyed it all the way through. I also enjoyed TMNT: Re-Shelled, for what it's worth. Comic Jumper was amazing as well.

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']Man, I will never understand all the hate for Deadlight. I enjoyed it all the way through. I also enjoyed TMNT: Re-Shelled, for what it's worth. Comic Jumper was amazing as well.[/QUOTE]

Most of Deadlight's hate comes from the length, and the fact that there is zero replay value. (I still liked it a lot)

I also loved TMNT =P

Well this is weird. I checked my punchcard & it's been updated, but for some reason, I have 2 punched for the "Buy 4 XBLA games, get 1 free month of Live" section. I only bought Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds & its DLC, plus got a code for Toy Soldiers, so either DLC DOES count for the offer, or in some strange way, the Toy Soldiers code counted (which I doubt). Still says I only spent 800 MSP so far. 1/2 tempted to get a 400 MSP game that I want to see if it updates to 2 punches, showing I spent 1,600 MSP, to see if my theory about the DLC for XBLA games counts or not.

[quote name='keit2208']Deadlight was fine, TMNT Reshelled was also fine. Not amazing but definitely not horrible.[/QUOTE]

Deadlight is not "fine"

The first 25-33% of the game is good, the rest of he game falls down the stairs, then off a bridge, and finally off the planet.

I did a review when the game came out.

I'd wait until the game is 66-75% off and even then you have to add in that if you plan on playing the game you're going to have to deal with a game that's not all that fun after the first half hour.

The game's not that long though, you should be able to complete it in about 3 hours with everything done.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Deadlight is not "fine"[/QUOTE]

In his opinion it is, so get the hell over yourself. I think it is a perfectly fine game and I enjoyed the entire thing. Am I going to look back on it and say "Oooh, Deadlight, what a wonderful, magical, positively astounding achievement in video game history!" No, I'm not, but just because someone else enjoyed it and you didn't doesn't make them wrong.

I got the game for free, but I would not been upset having paid 15 dollars for it on release. Do I think it is worth 15 dollars? Not really, but if it on sale for 600 or 400 MSP I would have no problems recommending it to people.

[quote name='SunDevil77']Most of Deadlight's hate comes from the length, and the fact that there is zero replay value. (I still liked it a lot)[/QUOTE]

I think you've been reading different comments than what I've seen.

Sicsonic, was The Baconing really that bad? Uh oh. It's in my backlog. (Though probably in the part of my backlog I'll have to write off. I loved the music and dialogue in Deathspank. Gameplay? Eh... and ToV isn't improving the gameplay.)

Double Dragon 2 isn't irredeemably bad. It's the bare minimum of what I expect in a beat-em-up (Except with no throw and the entire game is just "four mooks take turns running up and punching you in the back" and bosses are just total assholes.) and, awful frame rate aside, I could convince myself to like it. The whole thing is amateurish and I would never recommend it to anyone over, say, SoRR, DD Iphone, DD Advance... even Neon, really, or just throwing a dart at the list of beat-em-ups on MAME or emulating Dynamite Deka.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Deadlight is not "fine"

The first 25-33% of the game is good, the rest of he game falls down the stairs, then off a bridge, and finally off the planet.

I did a review when the game came out.

I'd wait until the game is 66-75% off and even then you have to add in that if you plan on playing the game you're going to have to deal with a game that's not all that fun after the first half hour.

The game's not that long though, you should be able to complete it in about 3 hours with everything done.[/QUOTE]

Not even going to bother reading any of your reviews if you can't even handle the concept that some people actually enjoyed Deadlight.

[quote name='GUNNM']3 out 5 not bad I'm buying now[/QUOTE]

Is that a joke? Some people may not bother to check Game Informer's scale to see that it is a 10 point scale. of course, if they are basing a purchase based on that shallow of research, they probably deserve what they get. Did anyone see how poorly the XBLA description was written? It looked like it was written by the same people that send me phishing or spam emails. Pretty unbelievable that XBLA allowed that to get that description in their system.

Sorry if someone already commented on this before.

[quote name='GUNNM']3 out 5 not bad I'm buying now[/QUOTE]

Um. I think you need to look closer. It's actually 3 out of 10. And I have a feeling some of those are nostalgia points. Please read the last paragraph of the review for a summary of how horrible this game is:

"There are absolutely no redeeming qualities to Double Dragon II. The only people I can recommend this to are gamers that enjoy hate-playing the worst stuff just to make fun of it or Double Dragon fans who can't help but play every release no matter how terrible."

I hope you didn't buy it.

You new school gamers and your COD games cant appreciate old school games. Who wrote that article, Jim Sterling? He hates everything.

[quote name='skonson']Um. I think you need to look closer. It's actually 3 out of 10. And I have a feeling some of those are nostalgia points. Please read the last paragraph of the review for a summary of how horrible this game is:

"There are absolutely no redeeming qualities to Double Dragon II. The only people I can recommend this to are gamers that enjoy hate-playing the worst stuff just to make fun of it or Double Dragon fans who can't help but play every release no matter how terrible."

I hope you didn't buy it.[/QUOTE]

That last part is me.

disappointment is often based on expectations

most expected deadlight to be good, i don't think most expected any of these games to be anything special

Not sure why everyone is asking for opinions on here anyways. No offense, but gamerankings/metacritic is where you can get all your "professional reviews" with the scored weighed out. Gamerankings is my favorite because it averages out ALL reviews.
EastX and others are great reviewers, but everyone should look at the big picture.

... and with that I offer my opinion (lol).

93+% Must own
87% 90%ish GOTY contenders just shy of having to be in EVERYONES game collection. Spend your money on quality development.
80-86% Very good games worth your money but with some flaws that may put you off. Needs to drop a bit in price.
74-80% Good buys on the cheap IE $15 or less. Unless you love the genre of course.
65-73% Mixed, read deeper into reviews and don't pay a lot.
below 65% GUTTER TRASH!

I am away of PS1/PS2 titles that didn't factor many reviews like Suikoden 2. But going from recent gen the reviews speak themselves.

Also forgot to mention every XBLA game has a trial. So if you don't want to read the reviews: Just try the damn game.

Going by my logic only these games worth buying so far this year: Bioshock (only game worth buying near full retail price), Tomb Raider, Battle Block Theater, DMC, Metal Gear and Skulls of the Shogun. Sounds about right for the first few months.

I know this is late, but how is castle crashers? It looks like a really fun game, and at 800 microsoft points it doesn't seem like a bad deal. I don't think it has gotten any cheaper.

Castle Crashers is one of my favorite games every released on xbla. It's a blast to play, especially with 3 other people, but can be played solo as well.

[quote name='asianmentality']I know this is late, but how is castle crashers? It looks like a really fun game, and at 800 microsoft points it doesn't seem like a bad deal. I don't think it has gotten any cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Excellent fun, purchase.

Its been 600 at least once before but that was during a countdown to Christmas sale.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Sicsonic, was The Baconing really that bad? Uh oh. It's in my backlog. (Though probably in the part of my backlog I'll have to write off. I loved the music and dialogue in Deathspank. Gameplay? Eh... and ToV isn't improving the gameplay.)

Double Dragon 2 isn't irredeemably bad. It's the bare minimum of what I expect in a beat-em-up (Except with no throw and the entire game is just "four mooks take turns running up and punching you in the back" and bosses are just total assholes.) and, awful frame rate aside, I could convince myself to like it. The whole thing is amateurish and I would never recommend it to anyone over, say, SoRR, DD Iphone, DD Advance... even Neon, really, or just throwing a dart at the list of beat-em-ups on MAME or emulating Dynamite Deka.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed The Baconing enough, but it's the worst of the 3 Deathspanks. It's just more Deathspank, if you don't enjoy the gameplay of the first 2, I don't think there's anything in The Baconing that will change your mind.

Meanwhile I need 40 points to get Battleblock Theater. And of course I have 40 points sitting in my xbox rewards account, which I can't use. What a slap in the face. lol

Anyone who hasn't tried Castle Crashers needs to give it a shot, fyi. It's a really fun game. The online minigame achievements are stupid, though.

[quote name='Sanges99']This... can't be right. I'm positive I played Quarrel with my gf, from the couch no-less.

I'll fire it up when I have time again tomorrow, but like I said, I'm nearly 100% posiitve that we played it together.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't remember exactly where I looked, but I definitely couldn't find it. If you do fire up the game again, please let me know your findings.[/QUOTE]

I'll be damned, I tried it today and I was wrong about Quarrel having local mp. I guess I just watched my gf play from the couch? Now if you'll excuse me, I have some crow waiting to be eaten. :whistle2:&

[quote name='Sanges99']I'll be damned, I tried it today and I was wrong about Quarrel having local mp. I guess I just watched my gf play from the couch? Now if you'll excuse me, I have some crow waiting to be eaten. :whistle2:&[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting. Enjoy your meal. :D

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Not sure why everyone is asking for opinions on here anyways. No offense, but gamerankings/metacritic is where you can get all your "professional reviews" with the scored weighed out. Gamerankings is my favorite because it averages out ALL reviews.
EastX and others are great reviewers, but everyone should look at the big picture.

... and with that I offer my opinion (lol).

93+% Must own
87% 90%ish GOTY contenders just shy of having to be in EVERYONES game collection. Spend your money on quality development.
80-86% Very good games worth your money but with some flaws that may put you off. Needs to drop a bit in price.
74-80% Good buys on the cheap IE $15 or less. Unless you love the genre of course.
65-73% Mixed, read deeper into reviews and don't pay a lot.
below 65% GUTTER TRASH!

I am away of PS1/PS2 titles that didn't factor many reviews like Suikoden 2. But going from recent gen the reviews speak themselves.

Also forgot to mention every XBLA game has a trial. So if you don't want to read the reviews: Just try the damn game.

Going by my logic only these games worth buying so far this year: Bioshock (only game worth buying near full retail price), Tomb Raider, Battle Block Theater, DMC, Metal Gear and Skulls of the Shogun. Sounds about right for the first few months.[/QUOTE]

I think video games are a funny medium when it comes to reviews vs. entertainment value. Whereas I'll happily sit through a 90 minute snorefest every now and then cause I'm either too lazy to change the channel or I just want to watch something that might even have a 40% ranking on metacritic or IMDb etc. I think it's different with videogames. Like yourself I find it almost impossible to play anything that doesn't at least get a 75% rating. I think it's the issue of having to spend time and to engage with the medium where with other things we can lean back and disengage, video games require us to actively make choices, actively participate. And so when it stinks (and not in a good way like Deadly Premonition, I mean in a bad way like Duke Nukem Forever or Rogue Warrior) it's almost impossible to actively participate in something that is broken. Watching a broken film is enjoyable at times and in the right setting it can be sometimes more enjoyable than watching some boring Oscar-nominated drama but playing a broken video game is like encasing your limbs in cement and then trying to do your daily menial tasks.

That and I often find that with anything these days people are hesitant at times (though not always) to properly review a game. Mediocre games are often scored around 7 out of 10 instead of 5 out of 10. Unless a game is completely broken it rarely, if ever, gets a score lower than 5 out of 10 or the equivalent. For instance I'm amazed that Steel Battalion didn't get a review of 10% instead of the 38% it sits at as it's completely broken. That's a score Aliens Colonial Marines should have instead of the around 50% it has now. That game isn't just mediocre (hence 5 out of 10) it's god awful and deserves a much lower score. So I think your plan for don't buy anything under 65% is perfect considering how game ratings are skewed a bit. There are a few exceptions for genres and some games, like Hydrophobia, are a bit better after an update that never quite gets re-reviewed (though in the case of Hydrophobia people should moreso pay attention to the reviews for Hydrophobia Prophecy on the PS3 as that's the updated version and rates about a 70% on Metacritic vs the XBLA version that rates about 59%) but I often even find it hard to play games that rate between 70-80% at times (Call of Juarez 1 & 2 I'm talking to you). Ultimately, as you said, it is about genre. And every now and then it's good to find a particular reviewer who games like you - Scott Jones for instance is the quintessential version of my sort of gaming personality and tends to be my go to guy for example. Thankfully in a world full of blogs, websites and easy access to reviews it's really easy to get a sense of whether a game is or isn't worth it. I guess the problem here is that we're all cheap bastards and sometimes it's not even a question of whether a game is good, it's how good is it for the dollar value. The problem too is that many of us are falling victim to Microsoft's brilliant scheme of getting us to part with 3200 pts this month to help pay for Bill Gates' lap dance tab no doubt, so we're all trying to sort out what to buy a bit more than usual this month. Coupled with some rather decent sales and price drops, I suspect everyone will be curious about this game or that game and whether it's worth it or not. I've already spent 1400 pts this month - which is unusual for me. Curious what the next few weeks of sales will be.

In terms of the trial game. Yes every XBLA game does have a trial. But some of us, or many of us, due to stupid backlogs and small Microsoft harddrives don't have the space to download and possibly don't want to waste the bandwidth and time either. I often just buy things rather than trial them as it's such a pain for me to try and free up some space that if I don't end up buying the game I hate myself for wasting my time shuffling things around and making the space available anyhow. For some reason I swear I'm the exact reason why MS has small harddrives. I'm sure it's to make shmucks like me buy more crap rather than trial it.

Anyways . . .

End of Line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back