XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mpaullin']We are being trolled, right? This guy can't be for real.[/QUOTE]
Yup, from this:

[quote name='boris1']sorry guys I get 2 months tho right, not just 2 weeks since i used 4 2 week codes[/QUOTE]

you can tell he was losing patience with no one yet saying trial codes don't stack.

I cant believe the halo maps are already going on sale. The second pack is only like a month old. Guess I lost out on 200MSP only. To add to that I have not liked any of the DLC maps but in general I dont really like the game much either.

Glad to see the Halo 4 pass going on sale. $5 off? Nevermind. I can wait for a better one.

I know Bioshock Infinite has a pass for 1600 MSP that will include 3 new single player stories and oddly enough I'm more inclined to buy that.

Aw, the marketplace description for Double Dragon II was updated.

One of the greatest side-scrolling action game is back! Double Dragon II keeps the original's story plot, while making vast improvements on all other aspects of the game. Team up and take control of Jimmy and Billy, whose looks and actions are completely modernized. Battle through the newly drawn 3D stages, which hide their own secrets and surprises. Both fans of classic arcade games from the 80's and those who just love to have a good time punching out baddies will find a thrill rider in Double Dragon II - the Wander of Dragons.
Though, based on reviews, the "vast improvements on all other aspects of the game" line may be almost as humorous as what was there before.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Glad to see the Halo 4 pass going on sale. $5 off? Nevermind. I can wait for a better one.

I know Bioshock Infinite has a pass for 1600 MSP that will include 3 new single player stories and oddly enough I'm more inclined to buy that.[/QUOTE]

It actually also gives you bonuses already for the main game if you buy it. You get a gold machine gun and pistol which do 35% more damage right at the start. You are also given 5 bonus infusions at the beginning. I bought the season pass day one since I expect 1600 MSP for THREE DLCs is already a sale to me. Especially in a great game like Bioshock Infinite.

sorry again you dont gota ignore me but you must be mad at me cuz u wanted the codes or somethin I dont know why it even let me redeem them ffs

[quote name='Bloomy']Aw, the marketplace description for Double Dragon II was updated.

Though, based on reviews, the "vast improvements on all other aspects of the game" line may be almost as humorous as what was there before.[/QUOTE]

yeah but the important thing is they didn't update the ingame character bios, those are godlike!

Does anyone know how to get the bruce lee achievement in this game btw?

Ugh, my referral points for Bing still haven't posted.

How efficient is their customer service? I'm short 6 Bing credits for another 100 MSP code I need to pick up Plants vs. Zombies.

How quickly are the 100 MSP codes shipped?

Edit: To the guy asking about the Alan Wake DLC, you're best off looking for the Signal (first DLC included with all retail copies) in the CAG Marketplace or on Ebay. I just got the DLC voucher for it in the mail today unused for $3.50 shipped (280 MSP essentially, or half-off). Can't beat that.

As for the second DLC, The Writer, you'll probably have to bite the bullet on that, though you might be better off waiting 'till next month's Rewards promotion (or at least tomorrow to see if it's on sale in the next 2 weeks).

If you want to see the first 15 min of Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon someone has posted it. Not sure how long it will be up since I am pretty sure he is not supposed to have it. Anyway SPOILERS obviously. I will say that from what I have seen this is sort of a re-skinned Far Cry 3. It looks like it will play almost exactly like FC3 which it good but with a "new" setting.

Sorry the guy is a bit annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yo0o2ccPys

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']no, they don't stack. So thanks for wasting 3 codes on yourself:wall:

EDIT: also seems to be that if you are already a gold member then the codes don't even stack on that. So essentially you got nothing out of this.[/QUOTE]

He got to screw the rest of us!

(Ugh.)

[quote name='ArugulaZ']He got to screw the rest of us!

(Ugh.)[/QUOTE]

Well guys, a lot of you (maybe even myself) will get a free gold month due to this month's rewards. Let's forget what that guy did, next time he won't do it, and if he does, I hope at least he won't tell.

I'm kinda wondering if he even got the codes at all, or if he just wanted to screw with us. Honestly not sure if trolling, or just really stupid (or both)!

But yeah, yay for free gold\\:D/

[quote name='E.Nich']Well guys, a lot of you (maybe even myself) will get a free gold month due to this month's rewards. Let's forget what that guy did, next time he won't do it, and if he does, I hope at least he won't tell.[/QUOTE]
I Blocked him months ago and I still don't remember why, but looking at his awful grammar from all the quotes isn't giving me thoughts that we'll miss him if he gets banned or whatever else.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']No idea what that's in reference to, so am not sure if I am supposed to be insulted?[/QUOTE]

When I posted, the only question you had asked was "How efficient is their customer service?" and my answer was "Not.", as in "Not efficient at all".

Soo what are tomorrows deals? ~ Just kidding lol

Hope there's anything worthwhile I don't have already haven't spent a single MSP to the punchcards yet (but got the Ac 3 Pass and the Dishonored DLC last week)

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']It actually also gives you bonuses already for the main game if you buy it. You get a gold machine gun and pistol which do 35% more damage right at the start. You are also given 5 bonus infusions at the beginning. I bought the season pass day one since I expect 1600 MSP for THREE DLCs is already a sale to me. Especially in a great game like Bioshock Infinite.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that but already completed the game. I'll buy it before starting Hard or 1999 mode.

Too bad I bought the season pass in November as part of the "Spend 1500 points on Halo content get 100 MSP back" promo (which I never got the 100 for) and have barely played since the Crimson pack came out. Poor CAG judgment on that one.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Too bad I bought the season pass in November as part of the "Spend 1500 points on Halo content get 100 MSP back" promo (which I never got the 100 for) and have barely played since the Crimson pack came out. Poor CAG judgment on that one.[/QUOTE]
Well to be fair it'll be a lot harder to play those maps now seeing as the playlists for the DLC map packs are gone. Except for castle

[quote name='Cleaner7']Yeah I saw that but already completed the game. I'll buy it before starting Hard or 1999 mode.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up. 1999 and hard mode are both kinda easy. I expected the game to be hard after reading all the info on 1999 mode throughout the past months. I died only twice I think, maybe three. Charge is the best vigor if you use it right, and its really fun. ;)

As was previously stated, if you're looking for a nice Pinball FX2 ego boost Plants vs. Zombies is the table for you. I picked it up last night and played a round: 50+ million with lots of multi balls on my first try, and I was making lots of mistakes.

I purchased Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja, and Dust: An Elysian Tale during the holiday sale, but I haven't played much of them so no opinions to share (I really liked the demos though =] ). But I did end up buying Trials Evolution to kick start my rewards earnings. I considered getting Guardian Heroes too, but that tri-plane movement is wonky to me, and I think this and the other Sega games are the April price drops.

So, I have now bought Mark of the Ninja, Retro City Rampage, Winterbottom, Castle Crashers, and DUst. Thinking about Magic 2013.

[quote name='gubmccargen']I remember using your Zuma's Revenge guide from there.[/QUOTE]

That's great. Glad it helped you. :)

[quote name='Sweet PinkiePie']Anyone know what the deal of the week is this week?[/QUOTE]

Whoever decides these things should know, considering it goes live in a few hours. Does that answer your question?

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Whoever decides these things should know, considering it goes live in a few hours. Does that answer your question?[/QUOTE]

Damn guys, I didnt mean to be rude if I somehow was. I just thought there was a specific time it arrives. Now I know why I hardly visit this site anymore. There is some pissed off people here.

This has been quite an interesting week for this thread. All our amateur reviewing, madness with the Xbox Live Rewards offer presentation, OP improvement discussion, undressed from 80s style, and recreated with modern sexy style, just makes it difficult for me to try to be as concise as possible when I post for fear of making a text wall. I am honestly trying to be better at shortening my posts.

This week, my take only involved Retro City Rampage and the Plants vs. Zombies table in Pinball FX2. Most of the remaining discount products I already bought through prior sales. So I've only fulfilled only 1 purchasing MyPunchcard of 8 so far (have the 4 play time completed, I also know the PvZ table doesn't count). That is why I am looking for great XBLA titles I do not own yet to be offered on discount tomorrow. Yet sadly, I believe the powers-that-be defy me and I predict they will put something like Borderlands (1) DLC up on sale, just because my rage seems to be their ambrosia.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']... and with that I offer my opinion (lol).

93+% Must own
87% 90%ish GOTY contenders just shy of having to be in EVERYONES game collection. Spend your money on quality development.
80-86% Very good games worth your money but with some flaws that may put you off. Needs to drop a bit in price.
74-80% Good buys on the cheap IE $15 or less. Unless you love the genre of course.
65-73% Mixed, read deeper into reviews and don't pay a lot.
below 65% GUTTER TRASH!
[/QUOTE]

Now, I too am a big proponent of everyone trying things out (demo, rental, borrow from friend/family) for themselves and formulating their own opinion. I see aggregation scores like metacritic or gamerankings as just a quick tool to temper expectations, if one is going in blindly at a store and must purchase at that immediate moment. I do not see the aggregation as a good stand-in for a person's actual opinion.

See, 360's Fifa 13, is a 90 on Metacritic, but soccer is just not for me. As a CAG, I can get enough enjoyment from a game if the price is well low enough. I find a 41 Metacritic score of XBLA Dragon's Lair (400MSP) way more appealing to me than that 90 for Fifa 10, 12, and 13 [guess 11 was not near "having to be in EVERYONES game collection" as those 3 years]. In fact, at the price I purchased X-blades, a 50 on metacritic (BestBuy $10 minus $10 publisher coupon, plus $1 in tax levied by my municipality >_

[quote name='Sweet PinkiePie']Damn guys, I didnt mean to be rude if I somehow was. I just thought there was a specific time it arrives. Now I know why I hardly visit this site anymore. There is some pissed off people here.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they were especially rude. It's just that we get asked this question every week, and as such everyone gets tired of seeing it. You shouldn't take it personally.

[quote name='Sweet PinkiePie']Damn guys, I didnt mean to be rude if I somehow was. I just thought there was a specific time it arrives. Now I know why I hardly visit this site anymore. There is some pissed off people here.[/QUOTE]
Like eastx said, don't take the responses personally. This is actually a pretty chill board on a relatively relaxed site. Case in point, take note that nobody will jump down Crono-00's throat for regular dissertation-length posts. (There's a prime example in the post after yours that will occupy your time while you wait for the next deal. ;) )

[quote name='Crono-00']\ I am honestly trying to be better at shortening my posts.[/QUOTE]

Please don't worry about it. I sorta don't know why people do get up in arms when people use this forum for general discussion of video games or things that might be a bit outside the realm of deals. I think there's enough good self-management on everyone's part that discussion, while perhaps off topic at times to some degree, is still interesting and to me that's all that matters. I'm happy to read people's opinions on games. Beyond all of us being into deals on games at the heart we're here because we love the medium of videogames and our purchases are just an example of that love.

In any event I just feel the need to say that I really like the sense of community of this forum. And to be honest I'm going through a bit of a difficult time in my life after moving to a new country where I don't really know anyone, so being socially isolated at the moment it's nice to jump online and feel like I belong to some group. Sorry if that sounds lame. But yeah I think as a forum we need to worry less about what's on topic or not, and also put up a bit more with "stupid" questions like "what's on sale this week?" People are excited about upcoming deals and I like that. I'm not sure why some amongst us feel the need to roll our eyes at that. Instead that should make us all smile to see someone excited about the prospect of what might be on sale on Tuesday. Tuesdays can often be the closest thing to a Christmas morning for some amongst us (doubly true for me on account that I'm a Hebe). I think as long as the first page is well formatted and full of all the relevant info then it should be whatever goes for the rest of the forum. Lets all share our opinions, our feelings, our passion for gaming on the cheap.

Anyways, yeah. I mostly just wanted to say that I for one always appreciate your "wall of text." So please keep it coming mate.

Cheers!

By the way, I was trying to recall but does anyone remember that EU or UK equivalent of Major Nelson who used to leak deals and sales early from his twitter? This is likely going back a year or two but whatever happened to him?

Don't get upset about it. You get to be "The One" this week. Every week someone asks that same question, like we have some secret information we don't want to share. It's happened every week, FOR YEARS..

[quote name='skonson']By the way, I was trying to recall but does anyone remember that EU or UK equivalent of Major Nelson who used to leak deals and sales early from his twitter? This is likely going back a year or two but whatever happened to him?[/QUOTE]

Was it this guy or the guy on Outside Xbox? If so, they got sacked a while back in Microsoft's purging of original self-produced content. A kind of shame, but I understand their focus has changed through time.

[quote name='MagmaOasis']If you don't have ilomilo, shame on you. It's easily the best game I've ever downloaded. Such a charming, yet very difficult puzzle game.[/QUOTE]

Therein lies the problem, I'm stupid, so difficult puzzles will hurt me. I am taking a gamble some XBLA title that really interests me will get a discount in the coming weeks, hopefully in a few hours.

No, you are fine, I think those are just sarcastic responses. When we do not know the deals, we get restless and irritable. The proper procedure when someone asks "what's in tomorrow's sale" when the information is not public is to take a swig, and I guess we are more irritable because some may be out of drinks. BTW, funny CAG avatar image, I've not experienced the show, I'm only basing on this one video I ever saw of the character.

[quote name='skonson']By the way, I was trying to recall but does anyone remember that EU or UK equivalent of Major Nelson who used to leak deals and sales early from his twitter? This is likely going back a year or two but whatever happened to him?[/QUOTE]
Microsoft scrapped "Inside Xbox" around the world, and only Major Nelson & AceyBongos survived the massive layoff by their positions being reclassified as "social marketing managers".

You mean AceyBongos? He survived the Inside Xbox cull so he's still around but you won't see any more DotWs leaked from him sadly.

[quote name='Exu']You mean AceyBongos? He survived the Inside Xbox cull so he's still around but you won't see any more DotWs leaked from him sadly.[/QUOTE]

Yes AceyBongos, that's who I was thinking of. Shame that we're not seeing any leaks about sales from him anymore. Thanks

[quote name='Sath666']From xbldb so far:

R.A.W. - Realms of Ancient War - 480msp (was 1200)
Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins - 600msp (was 1200)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 600msp (was 1200)
Battlefield 1943 - 600msp (was 1200)[/QUOTE]

WTF? 480msp? What sort of madness is that? I've never seen an XBLA game priced so crazy. Does anyone else think that it might actually be 400msp?

By the way is Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins worth picking up is i have Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (and I still have yet to play it)?

[quote name='xbox_man']R.A.W - Realms of Ancient War must of been on sale before as I just checked and i have already bought it.[/QUOTE]

I think it was back in December, during the Countdown sale. I bought it and played it back then.

[quote name='skonson']WTF? 480msp? What sort of madness is that? I've never seen an XBLA game priced so crazy. Does anyone else think that it might actually be 400msp?

By the way is Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins worth picking up is i have Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (and I still have yet to play it)?[/QUOTE]
Marvel vs Capcom 2 is more complete (more characters) than Marvel vs Capcom 1.

Origins is a pack with Marvel vs Capcom 1 + Marvel Superheroes (I like this one, because it has Thanos and the gauntlet gems).

Try the demo for marvel superheroes, but if you already have MVSC2 I don't know if you want to spend 600msp in that game.
[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I think it was back in December, during the Countdown sale. I bought it and played it back then.[/QUOTE]
Yup, the price was 400msp back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back