XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it has been discussed but I had a question on the current punchcard promo.

For the Spend More, Get More with the 800 MSP reward, it does not say you have to buy 4 800 point games exactly but rather for every 800 spent on XBLA... For example if I pick up Battle Block Theater (1200) MvC Origins (600) and CS:GO (600) and so I spend 2400 points, would I get three punches still?

(Note I am obviously not talking about the one where you simply need to buy four games)

Thanks in advance for the help! : )

[quote name='bigwightdog']
Anyone know if MvC origins is worth it? I have MvC 2 already, but was trying to figure if there was a reason to own both.[/QUOTE]

From a game play standpoint it doesn't make sense to pick up origins if you have MvC2.
MvC2 is superior in every way and is definitely the better game. The reason to pick up Origin would be to see how the series has evolved, rack up some achievements, or if you are a hoarder (like me). :)

[quote name='ooga']MvC2 is superior in every way and is definitely the better game. [/QUOTE]

This.

Get Darkstalkers, 3rd Strike or JoJo instead if you want another Capcom fighter.

[quote name='ooga']From a game play standpoint it doesn't make sense to pick up origins if you have MvC2.
MvC2 is superior in every way and is definitely the better game. The reason to pick up Origin would be to see how the series has evolved, rack up some achievements, or if you are a hoarder (like me). :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I played it a bit last night and I'd have to agree with this, MvC2 is way better.

There's a nostalgia factor for me which made it worth a purchase, also they should have included Xmen Vs Street Fighter IMO.

[quote name='benjamouth']Yeah I played it a bit last night and I'd have to agree with this, MvC2 is way better.

There's a nostalgia factor for me which made it worth a purchase, also they should have included Xmen Vs Street Fighter IMO.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I would've rather they added the Japanese version of Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter. I get a kick from playing Norimaru. :)
Ultra_Variety_Private_Memories.gif
Hyper_Strong_Miracle_Treasure.gif

[quote name='BrolyB593']I believe it has been discussed but I had a question on the current punchcard promo.

For the Spend More, Get More with the 800 MSP reward, it does not say you have to buy 4 800 point games exactly but rather for every 800 spent on XBLA... For example if I pick up Battle Block Theater (1200) MvC Origins (600) and CS:GO (600) and so I spend 2400 points, would I get three punches still?

(Note I am obviously not talking about the one where you simply need to buy four games)

Thanks in advance for the help! : )[/QUOTE]

Yes, its cumulative. I know it doesn't say anything about a minimum price requirement, but I would make sure each game purchased is at least 400 or above just to be safe. The system has been a little wonky and punchcards crossing into one another. A few people on here achieved multiple punches in the 4 game category having only purchased one qualifying game priced at 800 or 1200 points.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']Hell yeah was pretty cool. However, personally i got a little bored at some point around halfway through and stopped playing it. Outland was the same exact story; loved it at first, but i just got a little bored of the mechanics by the end. Whereas shadow complex and SOTN (never played it till xbla) kept me itching to keep playing more all the way through my first playthrough and beyond. for what its worth. i skipped out on insanely twisted shadow planet bc i figured it would suffer that boring 2nd half of the game fate (was that a good move, or is that game more on par with SC and SOTN?)[/QUOTE]

I loved Outland, I easily made it all the way through that one. If you didn't get through Outland, I don't think you need to play ITSP. Though it's far less challenging and shorter so you might get through it before you get bored.

[quote name='ooga']From a game play standpoint it doesn't make sense to pick up origins if you have MvC2.
MvC2 is superior in every way and is definitely the better game. The reason to pick up Origin would be to see how the series has evolved, rack up some achievements, or if you are a hoarder (like me). :)[/QUOTE]

Marvel vs. Capcom 1 has much better backgrounds based on Capcom games and Marvel stuff, and the music has been scientifically proven to be 1,000 times superior to the sequel's. Plus the Striker system is pretty neat, with helper characters that don't show up in part 2. It's still possible to enjoy 1 even if you own 2.

[quote name='eastx']Marvel vs. Capcom 1 has much better backgrounds based on Capcom games and Marvel stuff, and the music has been scientifically proven to be 1,000 times superior to the sequel's. Plus the Striker system is pretty neat, with helper characters that don't show up in part 2. It's still possible to enjoy 1 even if you own 2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I don't play fighting games to look at backgrounds and listen to music. :)
And I'll counter you helper character argument (which is really just a novelty) with the MUCH larger roster in the sequel.
If you're sitting at home and get the itch to play an old school Capcom fighting game, I don't see why you'd play origins over MvC2.

Also a bit of trivia: Do you know which character appeared in every game in the series?
No silly, it's not Ryu. That would be Wolverine, since the first two games had only Marvel characters. :)

I actually prefer MvC over MvC2, but to each their own. They are fundamentally different games. Agree that this set should have included X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Children of the Atom, but they're probably saving those for Marvel Origins 2 someday.

[quote name='crookshow']I actually prefer MvC over MvC2, but to each their own. They are fundamentally different games.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Character count isn't the one and only thing that matters, for some of us anyway. :p Since both games have their differences, I enjoy them both.

considering it's not unusual to find a copy of MvsC3 for less than $15, is it worth getting MvsC2? I'm a very casual fighting game player, so I probably wouldn't notice any of the more mild gameplay tweaks. Should I just get MvsC3? Seems like a better cast IMO which is much of the draw for me for games like this.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']considering it's not unusual to find a copy of MvsC3 for less than $15, is it worth getting MvsC2? I'm a very casual fighting game player, so I probably wouldn't notice any of the more mild gameplay tweaks. Should I just get MvsC3? Seems like a better cast IMO which is much of the draw for me for games like this.[/QUOTE]

I'll let someone else go into more detail... MvC 2 and 3 not only look completely different, but they play much differently as well (moreso than the changes from 1 to 2). Liking one definitely doesn't guarantee you'll like the other. Me, I found 2 much easier to get into. And if you were going to get 3, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would be the one to get anyway - not the vanilla version.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx'] Me, I found 2 much easier to get into. And if you were going to get 3, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would be the one to get anyway - not the vanilla version.[/QUOTE]

Man! I was hoping to start another argument, but unfortunately I have to agree with you.
I own MvC2 (DC & XBLA), MvC3 and UMvC3. MvC2 is my personal favorite. Although I really liked MvC3 and it's update a lot, and would recommend them, I feel that MvC2 has more character (not with an "s") and has just the right amount of chaos injected into the gameplay.

So I'm a comic book guy who loves all these characters but I can't really stand the gameplay in Capcom fighters. I've been waiting and waiting but for some reason I see these sprites of Juggernaut and Venom etc and feel like I could play them crappily as a brawler.

As a single player gamer which game would I get the most mileage out of? The achievements seem easier in Origins. But you guys seem to say that MvC2 has the best stuff available.

[quote name='eastx']I'll let someone else go into more detail, but MvC 2 and 3 not only look completely different, but they play much differently as well (moreso than the changes from 1 to 2). Liking one definitely doesn't guarantee you'll like the other. Me, I found 2 much easier to get into. And if you were going to get 3, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would be the one to get anyway - not the vanilla version.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ooga']Man! I was hoping to start another argument, but unfortunately I have to agree with you.
I own MvC2 (DC & XBLA), MvC3 and UMvC3. MvC2 is my personal favorite. Although I really liked MvC3 and it's update a lot, and would recommend them, I feel that MvC2 has more character (not with an "s") and has just the right amount of chaos injected into the gameplay.[/QUOTE]

So your saying MvC2 is easier to learn? I'm really bad at fighting games, so any that requires a ton of complicated combos and the like, even for casual play, is not really something I'm looking for. I had heard that MvC series was easier to get into, so correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']So your saying MvC2 is easier to learn? I'm really bad at fighting games, so any that requires a ton of complicated combos and the like, even for casual play, is not really something I'm looking for. I had heard that MvC series was easier to get into, so correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

None of the games are highly technical and all of them are pretty easy to pick up. I am pretty awful at fighting games myself and did not have too much trouble with any MvC title (as long as I didn't play competitively against highly skilled opponents). With the right difficulty setting I won the majority of the matches just by mashing buttons and using a couple of simple special moves. I can't combo to save my life. :)

It is easier to learn. Do you know how to play a musical instrument? Doing a combo is like going up a scale: Light Punch, Light Kick, Medium Punch, Medium Kick, and finally Hard Punch or Hard Kick. That's enough to beat the CPU.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']So I'm a comic book guy who loves all these characters but I can't really stand the gameplay in Capcom fighters. I've been waiting and waiting but for some reason I see these sprites of Juggernaut and Venom etc and feel like I could play them crappily as a brawler.

As a single player gamer which game would I get the most mileage out of? The achievements seem easier in Origins. But you guys seem to say that MvC2 has the best stuff available.[/QUOTE]

The stuff in Origins was designed to much your quarters. I like the fighting system of the games in Origins a lot and the novelty is there for me since I played them a ton in the arcades as a kid, but if I was choosing between what's on sale this week and I was only interested in single player, I'd go for MvC2.

That being said, until recently, copies of MvC2 for the PS2 or Xbox would cost upwards of $80 secondhand. You could have MvC2 and Origins for $15. Be a cheap ass gamer, but don't forget to have some perspective ;)

[quote name='whitereflection']It is easier to learn. Do you know how to play a musical instrument? Doing a combo is like going up a scale: Light Punch, Light Kick, Medium Punch, Medium Kick, and finally Hard Punch or Hard Kick. That's enough to beat the CPU.[/QUOTE]

good analogue, though somehow playing guitar and bass comes much more naturally to me than pulling off combos. I think it might be somewhat the controllers fault as well, as these seem very much designed with a fight stick in mind. I just can't get any of them to interpret what I'm doing on the D-Pad into much of anything, but hey, maybe I'm doing it wrong. I think I'll download the trial of MvC2. Anyone know if there is a demo for MvC3?

[quote name='midloo']The stuff in Origins was designed to much your quarters. I like the fighting system of the games in Origins a lot and the novelty is there for me since I played them a ton in the arcades as a kid, but if I was choosing between what's on sale this week and I was only interested in single player, I'd go for MvC2.

That being said, until recently, copies of MvC2 for the PS2 or Xbox would cost upwards of $80 secondhand. You could have MvC2 and Origins for $15. Be a cheap ass gamer, but don't forget to have some perspective ;)[/QUOTE]

dang, when did prices drop so much? there are a ton of $25 shipped copies on amazon right now:bouncy:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I think it might be somewhat the controllers fault as well, as these seem very much designed with a fight stick in mind. I just can't get any of them to interpret what I'm doing on the D-Pad into much of anything, but hey, maybe I'm doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in fighting games but don't want to get an arcade stick for some reason, consider the Hori EX Pad 2. It's got a great button layout and the best d-pad of any 360 controller. $27 right now at Amazon.

hori_ex2_black.jpg

man that is one ugly controller

I went ahead and bought Real Steel, Dungeon Defenders and Battlefield: 1943. I didnt see that it had been said yet but Real Steel hasmicrotransactions, you cant even paint youre bots unless you spend an extra 240ms points on the game

Anyone get the Halo Majestic or Castle Map Packs yet? How are they?
I got Crimson when it was free for a little while and I kind of hated those maps.
With the price cut, I'm tempted to go back and get achievements.

[quote name='Benisjamin']Anyone get the Halo Majestic or Castle Map Packs yet? How are they?
I got Crimson when it was free for a little while and I kind of hated those maps.
With the price cut, I'm tempted to go back and get achievements.[/QUOTE]

You do know the crimson maps you dont own anymore if you had downloaded them with the glitch. They took them away. :drool:

Anyways I decided I would get the maps by picking up the Halo 4 Limited Edition for $30 since I sold my copy yesterday for $30. Free upgrade and all the maps hopefully are not redeemed.

[quote name='bigwightdog']Thats a good point, it was a great selling game and I remember playing it with probably 20+ of my Xbox friends...then very little support. Great game though.

Anyone know if MvC origins is worth it? I have MvC 2 already, but was trying to figure if there was a reason to own both.[/QUOTE]

MvC 1 is an easier game to play to me because its slower than MvC 2 or 3 so I have more fun with it.

[quote name='eastx']If you're interested in fighting games but don't want to get an arcade stick for some reason, consider the Hori EX Pad 2. It's got a great button layout and the best d-pad of any 360 controller. $27 right now at Amazon.

hori_ex2_black.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I love controllers. I may have to pick this up to supplement my RE6 and shump playing.

[quote name='eastx']If you're interested in fighting games but don't want to get an arcade stick for some reason, consider the Hori EX Pad 2. It's got a great button layout and the best d-pad of any 360 controller. $27 right now at Amazon.

hori_ex2_black.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Or just buy a dedicated Fightpad from MadCatz. Yeah it only works on fighting games and games that don't use the right analog stick but it has awesome control and layout.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']good analogue, though somehow playing guitar and bass comes much more naturally to me than pulling off combos. I think it might be somewhat the controllers fault as well, as these seem very much designed with a fight stick in mind. I just can't get any of them to interpret what I'm doing on the D-Pad into much of anything, but hey, maybe I'm doing it wrong. I think I'll download the trial of MvC2. Anyone know if there is a demo for MvC3?[/QUOTE]

I forgot this was the XBL thread. It is a fact that the d-pad on an Xbox 360 controller is incredibly shoddy for fighting games. It's fine for other games because in those games, you are only going through menus with the d-pad, but if you play a game that relies heavily on a d-pad, you're going to have the opposite of fun. Anti-fun. You'd rather be doing homework or making mortgage payments. Just look at it - it is literally one piece of cheap plastic. I use a Street Fighter controller I bought from Gamestop for $20. The new ones just hit that price on Amazon, if you want to take a look.

You seem pretty set on MvC2 but let me make a case for the first one because it is objectively the easier of the two to learn. (It also comes with the series predecessor Marvel Super Heroes, the easiest to learn). The first MvC only has about 20 characters; MvC2 has 56. It's easy to forget now since both games are around 15 years old, but most people who played MvC2 started with the first one and/or have played Street Fighter for years, so they would be familiar with many of the characters in MvC2. You sound like you're not too familiar with the Street Fighter cast, so if that's the case, MvC is a better choice for you because you'd only have to deal with two: Ryu and Chun-Li, the most popular in the series.

Another thing that will help you is that MvC is only 2 on 2 while MvC2 is 3 on 3. This allows for a more relaxed, less-hectic pace for fighting, and obviously, you only need to learn two characters. The final thing that differentiates the two games is that you have a CPU partner to run interference once in a while. If you've ever watched pro wrestling, this is the guy that runs in and smacks your opponent with a chair and hops back out before the referee even knows what happened, so you can take a breather. It's enough to turn the tide of a losing battle.

What I would do is learn a couple of the Marvel characters. If you've ever watched any of the movies or read the comic books, they fight exactly as you'd expect: Wolverine is an aggressive brawler, Iron Man is long-range with laser cannons and beams, Spider-man has more aerial attacks, the Hulk is strong and slow, etc. Stick with the "scale" combo I mentioned before and you'll pick up the more advanced stuff as you become more familiar with the game.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Yes, its cumulative. I know it doesn't say anything about a minimum price requirement, but I would make sure each game purchased is at least 400 or above just to be safe. The system has been a little wonky and punchcards crossing into one another. A few people on here achieved multiple punches in the 4 game category having only purchased one qualifying game priced at 800 or 1200 points.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

And dang there sure is a ton of discussion on MvC.

I already put in my opinion a while back... BUT I WILL AGAIN : P

Haha, I just really love almost every Capcom fighter and it was only natural to pick this up!

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']dang, when did prices drop so much? there are a ton of $25 shipped copies on amazon right now:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

They dropped when Capcom was nice (smart?) enough to bring all this stuff into XBLA and PSN for cheap.

It's definitely a love/hate relationship for me. I whine every time they re-release another one of their fighters... and then I buy it anyway :)

Ghost Recon Future soldier worth $16ish?

Asking because I though I would get it sub $10, but its taking its sweet time. HU marketplace has it for 920 MSP and isn't region locked per play Asia.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Ghost Recon Future soldier worth $16ish?

Asking because I though I would get it sub $10, but its taking its sweet time. HU marketplace has it for 920 MSP and isn't region locked per play Asia.
[/QUOTE]

I really liked it, but it's an acquired taste. It has some great sequences in it, but some people I know were turned off by how streamlined some of it was. There's a tagging and execution system somewhat similar to Splinter Cell Conviction that they didn't like. I thought it was great. I also went back and tried to play Advanced Warfighter 2 for a bit since I remember really enjoying that game. Time had colored my memory. It was not much fun.

There weren't many people playing on line last time I logged in a couple months ago, but the multiplayer was deep and entertaining as well.

darn, the only option for the MvC trials is 1v1 local play. Haven't got someone to try it with, so I guess I'll have to think about it some more:whistle2:k thanks for all the thoughts and suggestions guys;)

I guess Im just completely different from everyone. I hate MvC and Street Fighter. But I love me some DOA, Tekken, and Mortal Kombat. DOA 5 is excellent!

Also I agree with other about Hell Yeah. I loved the game and humor. It drags a tiny bit towards the end but I finished it and dont regret the game at all. Worth 480. Easy 400G for anyone who cares about that.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Also I agree with other about Hell Yeah. I loved the game and humor. It drags a tiny bit towards the end but I finished it and dont regret the game at all. Worth 480. Easy 400G for anyone who cares about that.[/QUOTE]

One of the achievements is for getting jackpot on a slot machine. I hate achievements like that. I guess a turbo controller would make getting this achievement easier, but I don't have one.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']So I'm a comic book guy who loves all these characters but I can't really stand the gameplay in Capcom fighters. I've been waiting and waiting but for some reason I see these sprites of Juggernaut and Venom etc and feel like I could play them crappily as a brawler.

As a single player gamer which game would I get the most mileage out of? The achievements seem easier in Origins. But you guys seem to say that MvC2 has the best stuff available.[/QUOTE]

Both games are fairly bare bones as far as single player content goes, but Origins at least has a decent challenge system (similar to the SFIII:TSO and Darkstalkers ports) where you earn points for doing certain tasks that can be used to unlock concept art and other bonuses.

MvC2 has nothing to unlock and doesn't even have character specific endings so you won't get a lot of mileage out of it as a single player game.

hori_ex2_black.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Word of warning about that controller: the dpad and buttons are great for fighting games, but after a month of use the analog stick gets "twitchy" and randomly gets stuck in a direction even though you're not touching it. I need to unscrew the back of mine to detach the analogue stick but the screws are stripped.

Anyone who have the game Dungeon Defenders know if the online community is still active? I've seen this game go on sale for 600 multiple times but I've always hold off knowing it can go lower. I think now is the time to bite.
And any thoughts on it?

[quote name='iRandom']Anyone who have the game Dungeon Defenders know if the online community is still active? I've seen this game go on sale for 600 multiple times but I've always hold off knowing it can go lower. I think now is the time to bite.
And any thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

If you have a PC I highly recommend getting it on there instead. You can get it with all of the DLC for much cheaper and there are ample mods and an active community. Plus it has native 360 controller support.

That being said I cannot vouch for the activity of those on the 360 version.

Does battlefield 1943 still have people playing it? I was interested in it when it first came out and I may pick it up at this discount.

[quote name='ashkpa']Does battlefield 1943 still have people playing it? I was interested in it when it first came out and I may pick it up at this discount.[/QUOTE]
Yep. People still play it. I play it occasionally

Well this is stupid in order to paint your robots in Real Steel you have to pay 240msp. Now dont get me wrong the game is pretty fun but it looks so lame having a B.A looking robot with no color. And then if your doing local theres like 6 robots unlocked and the other like 15 robots are DLC. Good thing I didnt pay 800msp for this game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']One of the achievements is for getting jackpot on a slot machine. I hate achievements like that. I guess a turbo controller would make getting this achievement easier, but I don't have one.[/QUOTE]

I just kept hitting the A button while I was on CAG. Took maybe 30 min. Not that difficult. I do not have a turbo controller either.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']I just kept hitting the A button while I was on CAG. Took maybe 30 min. Not that difficult. I do not have a turbo controller either.[/QUOTE]

So why bother? Surely that isn't much of an achievement to be proud of.

[quote name='aeonus']So why bother? Surely that isn't much of an achievement to be proud of.[/QUOTE]
I did it for the sake of completion.

[quote name='yokuo']I did it for the sake of completion.[/QUOTE]

I must not be OCD enough. I long ago decided there were things and/or achievements in games of a tedious nature that would not actually contribute to my enjoyment, nor my sense of accomplishment, and made peace with leaving those things alone.

[quote name='aeonus']So why bother? Surely that isn't much of an achievement to be proud of.[/QUOTE]

What yokuo said. I enjoy getting them in games I enjoy. Sure some may be annoying or difficult but I like completing them.

[quote name='BrolyB593']If you have a PC I highly recommend getting it on there instead. You can get it with all of the DLC for much cheaper and there are ample mods and an active community. Plus it has native 360 controller support.

That being said I cannot vouch for the activity of those on the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

If you have PC (or a mac as I believe it's for both) you might already have it as this and the DLC for it was part of one or two Humble Indie Bundles a few months ago. I'm sure a lot of people here are like me and just buy those without even looking at what games are for sale so people might own it and not know it. I know I picked it up then, though to be honest I'm not a big PC gamer and my rig is so old (Mac Pro from 2006 with a shitty graphic card) that it doesn't perform well with a lot of more complicated games. In any event I find that Humble Bundles repeat a lot of older games or give old packs as free additions to matching certain average prices. If you are a PC or Mac gamer then you probably can wait a few months and pick this up next time there is an Humble Indie Bundle or a Steam sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back