XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't suppose anyone has the lowdown on Monaco, releasing this week. Think this is going to be a good pickup?

[quote name='yokuo']Have to agree also. It's much better than the first one in every way, and fun enough to well justify the asking price. I've actually had it for a while. Still can't beat the last game mode and finish the achievements... lol

EDIT: Still can't beat the last mode or get the achievements tied to it. I just tried again.[/QUOTE]
Yup, that Sequence achievement seems pretty hard (haven't tried to do it yet).

[quote name='skonson']it might well turn out that XBLA games are playable on the new system. [/QUOTE]

It's either all games or no games. I don't know why people keep thinking XBLA games are somehow different.

Either the new system will be backwards compatible or it won't. There is no middle ground where only the XBLA games work. It's all coded for the same hardware now.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']sooo whats next week sales? anything actually good this time?[/QUOTE]
We won't know until Major Nelson will post them on his blog, or if they go live early.

Poker Night 2 is set for release on Steam on 26th instead of 23rd, x360a has the achievement list. Do you think it will really be 800MSP? I already got it on PC (preorder gives the first one for free), but I need games for the punchcard

[quote name='cthomer5000']It's either all games or no games. I don't know why people keep thinking XBLA games are somehow different.

Either the new system will be backwards compatible or it won't. There is no middle ground where only the XBLA games work. It's all coded for the same hardware now.[/QUOTE]

There's the possibility that BC will be provided by a separate value-priced addon, which opens up digital-only BC simply by omitting a disc drive. This isn't too much of a stretch given that publishers are all too eager to offer perks for going digital. They get to reduce costs while retaining all rights to the player's ability to use the game... There are zero drawbacks on their part. If this happened (it's a big if, but possible), it wouldn't be XBLA-only BC, but it would be very close given the lack of adoption of GoD.

Anyway, I picked up Guardian Heroes, and thinking of Hell Yeah. I'm a little worried that none of my punches have shown even though I should've gotten them almost 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='cthomer5000']It's either all games or no games. I don't know why people keep thinking XBLA games are somehow different.

Either the new system will be backwards compatible or it won't. There is no middle ground where only the XBLA games work. It's all coded for the same hardware now.[/QUOTE]

I'd just like to throw out the fact that they could do what they do with OXB games on 360 (ie. emulate them), which would make only some compatible. So if they wanted to have digital games be backwards compatible, they could just go with XBLA games as they might be easier to emulate (usually less demanding on the console, might be easier?), or if they are for some reason hoping everyone trades in their 360 stuff for the new xbox, which I'm sure many will. Being able to play all your digital games would be a nice bullet point for them.

This is all just speculation obviously, but I feel they have to do SOMETHING, and don't imagine full backwards compatibility is it.

[quote name='zyxomma100']There's the possibility that BC will be provided by a separate value-priced addon, which opens up digital-only BC simply by omitting a disc drive. This isn't too much of a stretch given that publishers are all too eager to offer perks for going digital. They get to reduce costs while retaining all rights to the player's ability to use the game... There are zero drawbacks on their part. If this happened (it's a big if, but possible), it wouldn't be XBLA-only BC, but it would be very close given the lack of adoption of GoD.

Anyway, I picked up Guardian Heroes, and thinking of Hell Yeah. I'm a little worried that none of my punches have shown even though I should've gotten them almost 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Disc drives and discs have nothing to do with it. Those are just containers. The files on those discs are the same files as the ones on digital marketplaces, so it doesn't mean XBLA games could be compatible with new hardware unless it included the same architecture as 360 hardware.

You're thinking only from a technical standpoint. There is always the situation where the next XBOX is technically capable of backwards compatibility with games that require a physical disc or even GOD, but Microsoft might decide due to a business reason that it's better to lock out the ability to do that so they can instead sell a $99 Xbox 360 mini that will play those games. They might want a unified XBLA system whereas they might not want you to be able to play retail games on the new Xbox but are fine with you playing XBLA games. I mean look the 360 is pretty much the only system on the market with region locking for games - obviously that was based on a business decision so it's possible that they make another bad business decision and lock out 360 retail games. There's a lot of talk that they might have a low end system for 360 games. So who knows it's possible that they decide they can make a few extra dollars that way while maintaining XBLA games on both systems. It's all speculation at this point but that's a possible option as well that we all need to think of, that they might lock out backwards compatibility with physical disc games to promote a cheaper system in the marketplace.

I just think the whole XBLA thing is going to be confusing for a bit while both systems are around in a way that we've never experienced as there wasn't any downloadable games for any previous systems in the history of consoles. This is the first time we've seen this in a generation. So if there is no cross play between XBLA games on the new system the marketplace is going to be weird as developers will obviously still be releasing to the 360 as well as the next XBOX. Perhaps they'll require that developers create 2 builds of games when possible so that you can play on both systems for the first few years of the new XBOX's life until they stop supporting the 360. But considering the install base for the 360 is something like 77.2 million there will still be a lot of developers wanting their games on that system rather than the new one for the first few years. Especially considering that most XBLA games are smaller games that are far less demanding on top of the line hardware. This will especially be true if the rumours of a cheap newly designed $99 360 actually happens. If there is no cross-play then I'm curious how the marketplace will change to reflect the difference between 360 and 720 XBLA games and how they will go about promoting games that only come out for one or the other. If there is no cross-play then I'm assuming the 720 marketplace will suck for the first few years as most developers will prefer developing for at 77 million dollar market than a market of just a few million.

Personally I have a feeling that the coming console generation is going to be very poor in sales in comparison to the last and people are going to be very slow in adopting the PS4 and next Xbox. I think it's telling that the latest Gears of War game and the latest God of War game both have undersold in comparison to previous efforts. I think we're coming to an era where games need to be smarter. New re-iterations of the same game over and over again won't create the sales needed to get the huge development costs back. More of the same will not cut it with this coming generation. Something very dramatic will be required. It will certainly be the most interesting of all roll-outs of consoles in the history of the business I think as we're at a point where the industry could very well collapse if this new generation is mishandled. I know from my vantage point I won't be buying a new console til at least 2 price drops. My backlog is pretty much in the 3 digits at the moment and will probably get worse as I buy cheap 360 games that are marked down post the next console release.

I REALLY want to pick up God Mode, its pretty smooth and enjoyable, but the lack of local coop is killing it for me. I dont have any dedicated friends on Live to rely on for this particular title. Unfortunate.

Has anyone here had experience with Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds, Im debating it for my final purchase to wrap up both my 4th game and top off my 3200 spent.

Phantom Breaker is a solid beat em up, but it's not quite up to the level of Guardian Heroes or TMNT 89. The little girl aesthetic is also a major turn off to me. But in multiplayer, it's plenty of fun. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have friends to play with.

Guardian Heroes is much better as a single player game.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I REALLY want to pick up God Mode, its pretty smooth and enjoyable, but the lack of local coop is killing it for me. I dont have any dedicated friends on Live to rely on for this particular title. Unfortunate.

Has anyone here had experience with Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds, Im debating it for my final purchase to wrap up both my 4th game and top off my 3200 spent.[/QUOTE]

Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds is a fun little game. Unfortunately the online is somewhat dead so unless you have others who have the game, you'll most likely be playing it alone. I believe it has local co-op though if I'm not mistaken. I would say if the choice is between Phantom Breaker and God Mode, I'd go with Phantom Breaker because God Mode runs the risk of becoming dead in a few weeks and no one to play with.

I also recommend Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds. You have more control over what moves you can perform & what abilities you can obtain while leveling up over, say, Scott Pilgrim. However, it should be mentioned that if you get the DLC character, you can't play online with people who didn't downloaded it (Though if you download her with the game and mainly use her, you can pretty much double up on a decent amount of achievements). Otherwise, for a $10 beat-'em-up, it's rather fun, especially if you get friends.

Thanks guys, your input is appreciated. You've pretty much swayed me to pick up Phantom. There is local coop, correct? I will still wait till Tuesday just to see what the next DotW is, but I'll probably be grabbing this unless something remarkable is on sale, as this title isn't as likely to see a discount.

Yes, it allows up to 4P co-op, both offline and online. There's also a couple of unlockable characters as well (I think 3 or 4). Also, the DLC character increases the level cap from 50 to 99 as well, allowing you to completely max out your stats and skill grid.

I think I only need to spend 160 microsoft points to get my full 3200 punch card. Guardian Heroes is probably my back up if there are no good on sale games this week.

[quote name='KMC']Would anybody else recommend gotham city imposters? Seems like a good buy at half off....[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is really fun! But I'm not sure how many people still play it on the Xbox.

It's free to play on PC though and I know ere are still people who play it there

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']Yes, it is really fun! But I'm not sure how many people still play it on the Xbox.

It's free to play on PC though and I know ere are still people who play it there[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's my only gripe, but I'm sure It'll be alright.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']if you enjoy the trial, it's a safe bet;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I think I will!:D

So I just bought the Bestbuy 1600 points deal, but looks like that won't be enough for all the games I don't yet have....how is the Warhammer Game (I was going to pass it up before) and Hell Yeah? Are they worth buying another 1600 + 400 card?

[quote name='freshzen']I think I only need to spend 160 microsoft points to get my full 3200 punch card. Guardian Heroes is probably my back up if there are no good on sale games this week.[/QUOTE]

And what an excellent backup that game would be. You should seriously just grab it. The game is fantastic. :bouncy:

[quote name='zyxomma100']
There's the possibility that BC will be provided by a separate value-priced addon, which opens up digital-only BC simply by omitting a disc drive. This isn't too much of a stretch given that publishers are all too eager to offer perks for going digital. They get to reduce costs while retaining all rights to the player's ability to use the game... There are zero drawbacks on their part. If this happened (it's a big if, but possible), it wouldn't be XBLA-only BC, but it would be very close given the lack of adoption of GoD.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skonson']
Whereas the lack of backwards compatability might be the case with the new XBOX but since nothing has been announced as of yet it might well turn out that XBLA games are playable on the new system. So until we know I'd hedge my bets and grab it for the 360.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VIDEOGAME IGODI']
Microsoft, if I can't play current XBLA & retail 360 games on this new Xbox you've yet to announce, I vow with my soul that I will NOT be buying your system until your first or second price-drop.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skonson']
Microsoft might decide due to a business reason that it's better to lock out the ability to do that so they can instead sell a $99 Xbox 360 mini that will play those games.
[/QUOTE]

Here is what I believe to be the case.

Xbox (720) (code-name Durango) :
Bluray/DVD disc drive
new x86 chip
Not always online required
Not built-in 360 backwards compatible
Can play used games
$400

Xbox Mini (360) :
No disc drive
old PowerPC chip
Always online required
360 downloads-only compatible
Can not play used games - no disc drive
$100

The Xbox Mini (360) is capable of being stacked on top of the Xbox (720), and will have a special network cable that plugs directly into the Xbox (720). At that point, the Xbox (720) and it's OS will be able to 'borrow' the PowerPC chip from the Xbox Mini and you will be able to play Xbox 360 disc games and XBLA games directly from the Xbox (720) and it's OS. In this configuration, you only need to have the Xbox (720) HDMI plugged into your tv. The Xbox Mini OS is not active and there is no always online required, you are strictly using the Xbox (720) OS with the Xbox Mini PowerPC chip.

If you do not wish to buy a $100 Xbox Mini to get the Xbox (720) fully backwards compatible, you can keep your old Xbox 360 and keep it plugged into your tv. The Xbox 360 will continue to be sold.

The Xbox Mini (360) is a download-only set-top box with no disc drive that cannot play used games aimed to compete with the likes of AppleTV, SteamBox, Ouya.

Both the Playstation 4 and Xbox (720) will not have built-in backwards compatibility to reduce costs and keep initial price points low and attractive.

Microsoft has not released any official information regarding it's plans for a next-gen console,
and does not comment and rumor and speculation.

[quote name='vantheman']Is this actual info? Where did this come from? About the new xbox[/QUOTE]

My brother's neighbor's girlfriend's cat overheard it at a BBQ.

[quote name='gordojones88']My brother's neighbor's girlfriend's cat overheard it at a BBQ.[/QUOTE]
It's nice to know we can have such trustworthy information being spread around then.

[quote name='gordojones88']Xbox (720) (code-name Durango) :
Bluray/DVD disc drive
new x86 chip
Not always online required
Not built-in 360 backwards compatible
Can play used games
$400

Xbox Mini (360) :
No disc drive
old PowerPC chip
Always online required
360 downloads-only compatible
Can not play used games - no disc drive
$100

The Xbox Mini (360) is capable of being stacked on top of the Xbox (720), and will have a special network cable that plugs directly into the Xbox (720). At that point, the Xbox (720) and it's OS will be able to 'borrow' the PowerPC chip from the Xbox Mini and you will be able to play Xbox 360 disc games and XBLA games directly from the Xbox (720) and it's OS. In this configuration, you only need to have the Xbox (720) HDMI plugged into your tv. The Xbox Mini OS is not active and there is no always online required, you are strictly using the Xbox (720) OS with the Xbox Mini PowerPC chip.

If you do not wish to buy a $100 Xbox Mini to get the Xbox (720) fully backwards compatible, clearly you can keep your old Xbox 360 and keep it plugged into your tv. The Xbox 360 will continue to be sold as is.

The Xbox Mini (360) is a download-only set-top box with no disc drive that cannot play used games aimed to compete with the likes of AppleTV, SteamBox, Ouya.

Both the Playstation 4 and Xbox (720) will not have built-in backwards compatibility to reduce costs and keep initial price points low and attractive.[/QUOTE]
This my XBL Cags, is the true definition of an online TROLL. Just posting random off topic crap to get a rise out of us. And then he has the gall to make a j/k comment the next page. You Gordo, will be put on my ignore list

Nothing to see here. MOVE ALONG PEOPLE :roll:

That said, would love to buy the Suda 51 Blacknight Sword game, but the arcade backlog is 3 digits deep(not counting physical discs) so I'm gonna havta pass this time :cry:

so Geomentry Wars RE2 is as awesome as everyone said:bouncy: but I need more people to compare scores with, so any fellow CAGs that picked this up as well, feel free to add me on XBL:D

[quote name='Dustinator']
This my XBL Cags, is the true definition of an online TROLL.
Just posting random off topic crap to get a rise out of us.
[/QUOTE]

It's not random off topic, as there have been many pages discussing the merits of buying XBLA games and Games On Demand, if they are not going to be compatible with the next-gen Xbox (720). They will in effect be compatible, providing you have the Xbox Mini attached. It really is an elegant solution that is modular and upgradeable.

[quote name='gordojones88']It's not random off topic, as there have been many pages discussing the merits of buying XBLA games and Games On Demand, if they are not going to be compatible with the next-gen Xbox (720). They will in effect be compatible, providing you have the Xbox Mini attached. It really is an elegant solution that is modular and upgradeable.[/QUOTE]
Which you are all basing once more on rumors.

[quote name='Dustinator']This my XBL Cags, is the true definition of an online TROLL. Just posting random off topic crap to get a rise out of us. And then he has the gall to make a j/k comment the next page. You Gordo, will be put on my ignore list

Nothing to see here. MOVE ALONG PEOPLE :roll:

That said, would love to buy the Suda 51 Blacknight Sword game, but the arcade backlog is 3 digits deep(not counting physical discs) so I'm gonna havta pass this time :cry:[/QUOTE]

Buy it to support Suda! :)

[quote name='bardockkun']Which you are all basing once more on rumors.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft does not comment on rumor and speculation and has not released any official information regarding it's plans for a next-gen console.

[quote name='gordojones88']Microsoft does not comment on rumor and speculation and has not released any official information regarding it's plans for a next-gen console.[/QUOTE]
Yet you bring it up like it's fact. As of right now none of us here know if XBLA, Games on Demand or even if 360 disc based games are going to work with the new console. There's no official word from anyone whether it's going to be an always online or can be played offline system or whether it'll play used games or not or if there will be an add on to play 360 titles. All we know is supposed "leaked" information from who knows where that says this and so it's pointless to even bring up.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so Geomentry Wars RE2 is as awesome as everyone said:bouncy: but I need more people to compare scores with, so any fellow CAGs that picked this up as well, feel free to add me on XBL:D[/QUOTE]

Yes! Buy Geometry Wars, everyone! It's great!

Adding you, my scores are good but not great. Anyone else who wants scores to compare can add me. The always-right-there friends leaderboard is Geo Wars 2 is a very nice touch.

[quote name='gordojones88']My brother's neighbor's girlfriend's cat overheard it at a BBQ.[/QUOTE]

Hold on a second.. your brother's neighbor's girlfriend doesn't even have a cat...

Something's not adding up here.

[quote name='in boston']hold on a second.. Your brother's neighbor's girlfriend doesn't even have a cat...

Something's not adding up here.[/quote]

it's the butler!

[quote name='gordojones88']Here is what I believe to be the case.

The Xbox Mini (360) is capable of being stacked on top of the Xbox (720), and will have a special network cable that plugs directly into the Xbox (720).If you do not wish to buy a $100 Xbox Mini to get the Xbox (720) fully backwards compatible, you can keep your old Xbox 360 and keep it plugged into your tv. The Xbox 360 will continue to be sold.

The Xbox Mini (360) is a download-only set-top box with no disc drive that cannot play used games aimed to compete with the likes of AppleTV, SteamBox, Ouya.[/QUOTE]

I personally don't see a problem in discussing this in a post. I know it's all conjecture at this stage. But this is a topic that's really interesting at the moment and at this stage is affecting some of my decisions to buy XBLA games. I don't think it's worthy of someone being called a Troll for posting this. Why can't we speculate on the future of something that we enjoy utilizing. If this was a forum on where to buy cheap wheels for cars from and there was talk that they were developing a flying car, couldn't we speculate on that? I just don't see what's wrong. In fact for me it keeps things lively and interesting. I'd rather read that than read a post where someone ask how this game is or that game is (there are a million review sites out there that do a better job than I ever could at reviewing a game thoroughly and there are trials for all XBLA games too).

[quote name='bardockkun']Yet you bring it up like it's fact. As of right now none of us here know if XBLA, Games on Demand or even if 360 disc based games are going to work with the new console. There's no official word from anyone whether it's going to be an always online or can be played offline system or whether it'll play used games or not or if there will be an add on to play 360 titles. All we know is supposed "leaked" information from who knows where that says this and so it's pointless to even bring up.[/QUOTE]

Um. His first line was "here is what I believe to be the case" - that's not speaking to a fact, that's utilizing conjecture. Anyone who read that and believed it was factual misread what he stated. He was clearly just speculating and offering his take on one possible way in which Microsoft will go in terms of the upcoming new console and the rumoured Xbox mini. Of course there's no official word. In fact Microsoft hasn't even said they are making a new console, but why does that limit our ability to try to look into a crystal ball and try to get a sense of what the future of an industry that obviously all of us cares about might look like in the near future? I just don't get your logic here. If Microsoft did tell us what they were planning to do then we wouldn't need to speculate. It's due to the fact that Microsoft has been so button-lipped on the future of the next console and how it will interact with the $1000s of dollars in games that I have purchased for a previous system that I want to talk about it. As a user who has spent that money on their products I believe I have a right to do so, so I can understand how those products that I have purchased and now own can be and will be used in the future. If that's unreasonable then maybe I'm crazy.

Anyways, I wrote a long reply to gordojones. But in seeing that most people don't want to discuss this subject here I just sent it through to him in a private message.

TheNinjaSquirrel - I just sent you a friend's invite as per your request for Geo Wars 2. Great game. If you don't own it grab it before the sale ends, you won't be sorry.

[quote name='skonson']I personally don't see a problem in discussing this in a post. I know it's all conjecture at this stage. But this is a topic that's really interesting at the moment and at this stage is affecting some of my decisions to buy XBLA games. I don't think it's worthy of someone being called a Troll for posting this. Why can't we speculate on the future of something that we enjoy utilizing. If this was a forum on where to buy cheap wheels for cars from and there was talk that they were developing a flying car, couldn't we speculate on that? I just don't see what's wrong. In fact for me it keeps things lively and interesting. I'd rather read that than read a post where someone ask how this game is or that game is (there are a million review sites out there that do a better job than I ever could at reviewing a game thoroughly and there are trials for all XBLA games too).

Um. His first line was "here is what I believe to be the case" - that's not speaking to a fact, that's utilizing conjecture. Anyone who read that and believed it was factual misread what he stated. He was clearly just speculating and offering his take on one possible way in which Microsoft will go in terms of the upcoming new console and the rumoured Xbox mini. Of course there's no official word. In fact Microsoft hasn't even said they are making a new console, but why does that limit our ability to try to look into a crystal ball and try to get a sense of what the future of an industry that obviously all of us cares about might look like in the near future? I just don't get your logic here. If Microsoft did tell us what they were planning to do then we wouldn't need to speculate. It's due to the fact that Microsoft has been so button-lipped on the future of the next console and how it will interact with the $1000s of dollars in games that I have purchased for a previous system that I want to talk about it. As a user who has spent that money on their products I believe I have a right to do so, so I can understand how those products that I have purchased and now own can be and will be used in the future. If that's unreasonable then maybe I'm crazy.

Anyways, I wrote a long reply to gordojones. But in seeing that most people don't want to discuss this subject here I just sent it through to him in a private message.

TheNinjaSquirrel - I just sent you a friend's invite as per your request for Geo Wars 2. Great game. If you don't own it grab it before the sale ends, you won't be sorry.[/QUOTE]

The problem is this is a deal thread not "lets talk about the upcoming Xbox system that we dont have solid proof of anything yet" topic. If you want to discuss it discuss it in the off topic section of the site. Its not needed. Being off topic is almost as bad as people posting their hoarding stories.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']The problem is this is a deal thread not "lets talk about the upcoming Xbox system that we dont have solid proof of anything yet" topic. If you want to discuss it discuss it in the off topic section of the site. Its not needed. Being off topic is almost as bad as people posting their hoarding stories.[/QUOTE]

You can easily go back and find a hundred posts from this thread, of people debating whether or not to buy an XBLA game or Game-On-Demand that is on sale, solely on the basis of whether or not they will be able to keep and play their backlog on the next-gen Xbox 720. It is no longer a deal if they cannot play games they are buying right now on a system they will be using next year.

I skim most of this thread with posts of some random debate on a game that isn't even on sale. You only need to read the OP if you don't want to contribute to various ongoing discussions in this thread.

I wish whatever deals that were going to pop up this week would...uh, pop up. Would be nice to know ahead so I could plan out finishing my rewards punchcards accordingly.

[quote name='irafreak']The Durango...really? SMH[/QUOTE]

Just a code name. Totally irrelevant in the final product. There have been good code names (Sega Katana, Nintendo Revolution) and shitty ones (Nintendo Dolphin, Microsoft DirectX-box). Won't even be a topic anymore after E3.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so Geomentry Wars RE2 is as awesome as everyone said:bouncy: but I need more people to compare scores with, so any fellow CAGs that picked this up as well, feel free to add me on XBL:D[/QUOTE]
Will add you later, you will have fun over-scoring me, since my scores aren't too high. ;)

I'm hoping there is a good game on sale for 320 points tomorrow, since that is how much I have left after the obnoxious pricing of I Am Alive. Also hope there is as cool as a reward for May as there was for April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back