XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
is ms phasing out XBLA points or something? or has there been any indication that they're going to real-world currency with the new 720?

[quote name='basis']is ms phasing out XBLA points or something? or has there been any indication that they're going to real-world currency with the new 720?[/QUOTE]

That rumor has popped up at least once a year for the last 3 years, and so far nothing has come of it.

At this point, I doubt it.

[quote name='KaneRobot']That rumor has popped up at least once a year for the last 3 years, and so far nothing has come of it.

At this point, I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's likely that the new Xbox won't use MS Points. That's what several devs have told me (noncommittally), anyway. Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 have already chosen not to use them, so the new console could easily follow suit.

[quote name='basis']is ms phasing out XBLA points or something? or has there been any indication that they're going to real-world currency with the new 720?[/QUOTE]

There has been a lot of mainstream video game news sites that have been reporting that they might be phasing points out. But it's all speculation at this point. I'm not sure how Microsoft will be able to handle that. Obviously they will need to incorporate the 720 into the marketplace or create a separate marketplace for the 720. If that's the case then perhaps Microsoft points will be transferable to that new marketplace, perhaps not. In any event lots of notice will be given and I'm sure there will be a period where points are transferable between marketplaces. My guess is that points are likely here to stay. There's been lots of talk of getting rid of them for years but it's never happened.

Ok.....my Punchcards are just messed up or DLC has to count. I just checked for the heck of it and it says I have 3 punches for the spend 3,200 one and the only way I've done that is with buying dlc for Trials.

So anyone recommend Warhammer 40K kill team?
I'm working on filling the 3rd punchcard. If there is nothing worthy in tomorrow's sale I am considering picking up this game.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Ok.....my Punchcards are just messed up or DLC has to count. I just checked for the heck of it and it says I have 3 punches for the spend 3,200 one and the only way I've done that is with buying dlc for Trials.[/QUOTE]

Just be aware that you can't bet that it will remain that way. I posted earlier that I had one punchcard filled even though it shouldn't have been and now it's been fixed to reflect my actual purchases. You might get lucky but don't count on it.

[quote name='skonson']Just be aware that you can't bet that it will remain that way. I posted earlier that I had one punchcard filled even though it shouldn't have been and now it's been fixed to reflect my actual purchases. You might get lucky but don't count on it.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I had already planned to finish them out anyway. Getting Poker Night 2 and some other 800msp game, just can't decide yet. Those 2 should def make me hit the mark for all punches

[quote name='skonson']I personally don't see a problem in discussing this in a post. I know it's all conjecture at this stage. But this is a topic that's really interesting at the moment and at this stage is affecting some of my decisions to buy XBLA games. I don't think it's worthy of someone being called a Troll for posting this. Why can't we speculate on the future of something that we enjoy utilizing. If this was a forum on where to buy cheap wheels for cars from and there was talk that they were developing a flying car, couldn't we speculate on that? I just don't see what's wrong. In fact for me it keeps things lively and interesting. I'd rather read that than read a post where someone ask how this game is or that game is (there are a million review sites out there that do a better job than I ever could at reviewing a game thoroughly and there are trials for all XBLA games too).

Um. His first line was "here is what I believe to be the case" - that's not speaking to a fact, that's utilizing conjecture. Anyone who read that and believed it was factual misread what he stated. He was clearly just speculating and offering his take on one possible way in which Microsoft will go in terms of the upcoming new console and the rumoured Xbox mini. Of course there's no official word. In fact Microsoft hasn't even said they are making a new console, but why does that limit our ability to try to look into a crystal ball and try to get a sense of what the future of an industry that obviously all of us cares about might look like in the near future? I just don't get your logic here. If Microsoft did tell us what they were planning to do then we wouldn't need to speculate. It's due to the fact that Microsoft has been so button-lipped on the future of the next console and how it will interact with the $1000s of dollars in games that I have purchased for a previous system that I want to talk about it. As a user who has spent that money on their products I believe I have a right to do so, so I can understand how those products that I have purchased and now own can be and will be used in the future. If that's unreasonable then maybe I'm crazy.

Anyways, I wrote a long reply to gordojones. But in seeing that most people don't want to discuss this subject here I just sent it through to him in a private message.

TheNinjaSquirrel - I just sent you a friend's invite as per your request for Geo Wars 2. Great game. If you don't own it grab it before the sale ends, you won't be sorry.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that he edited in the line "Here is what I believe to be the case". When he originally wrote it, he wrote it as if it were a 100% fact.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I wish whatever deals that were going to pop up this week would...uh, pop up. Would be nice to know ahead so I could plan out finishing my rewards punchcards accordingly.[/QUOTE]

:wall:

[quote name='fableflav']Does anybody know what is on sale for tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

All of us do. If you don't, then there is something wrong with you (or there's a conspiracy).

;)

[quote name='ooga']So anyone recommend Warhammer 40K kill team?
I'm working on filling the 3rd punchcard. If there is nothing worthy in tomorrow's sale I am considering picking up this game.[/QUOTE]

Kill Team kinda sucks...unless you're into those games, I wouldn't recommend.

[quote name='ooga']All of us do. If you don't, then there is something wrong with you (or there's a conspiracy).[/QUOTE]

:applause:
I think this type of response should be the goto reply now for this question, CUE THE X-FILES THEME!

Been doing some research on what title I should pick up to put me over the edge for the promo. In the likely event that it is not on sale tomorrow, can anyone recommend Sine Mora for 1200MSP? It has gotten some really solid reviews and I have been meaning to pick it up.

[quote name='mpaullin']Been doing some research on what title I should pick up to put me over the edge for the promo. In the likely event that it is not on sale tomorrow, can anyone recommend Sine Mora for 1200MSP? It has gotten some really solid reviews and I have been meaning to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

u can get it on steam around 3-5 bucks.

[quote name='ooga']So anyone recommend Warhammer 40K kill team?
I'm working on filling the 3rd punchcard. If there is nothing worthy in tomorrow's sale I am considering picking up this game.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it. To me, I think it's one of those hard to go wrong for only $4 purchases.

So Techland announced Call of Juarez: Gunslinger will be released on XBLA on May 22nd for 1200 points. Hopefully going back to the old west helps since The Cartel was pretty bad. I like the art style of the game actually. Between this and FC3: Blood Dragon, May looks like a nice month.

2nd link has the trailer. Be sure to turn HD on otherwise it looks pretty bad.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...-Hands-On-Preview-–-How-the-West-Was-Won.html

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...ger-Dated--Priced-And-Trailered--Pilgrim.html

[quote name='cancerman1120']So Techland announced Call of Juarez: Gunslinger will be released on XBLA on May 22nd for 1200 points. Hopefully going back to the old west helps since The Cartel was pretty bad. I like the art style of the game actually. Between this and FC3: Blood Dragon, May looks like a nice month.

2nd link has the trailer. Be sure to turn HD on otherwise it looks pretty bad.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...-Hands-On-Preview-–-How-the-West-Was-Won.html

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...ger-Dated--Priced-And-Trailered--Pilgrim.html[/QUOTE]

I watched these when they were posted earlier but didnt really read further. I thought it was going to be a full release! Only 1200 MSP on the XBLA is great news!!

Well I went to best buy to get the gears of war judgement point card and even though they had advertisements up all over the store they will not be getting them... Smh..

[quote name='polo14player']Well I went to best buy to get the gears of war judgement point card and even though they had advertisements up all over the store they will not be getting them... Smh..[/QUOTE]

I ordered one online hoping to pick it up on my lunch break but it was canceled. Seems like too much of a hassle for too little gain.

am I helusinating, or did Rock Band Blitz have a sale I forgot about. I feel certain I saw it for 800 at one point, and passed thinking it was the standard price. Now its 1200 and I can't find anything on xbldb that says otherwise.

Someone tell me I'm not crazy:whee:

[quote name='tylerh1701']^It went all the way down to 600 MSP at one point. It was 800 MSP once in the Sales & Specials App. 1200 MSP is regular price.[/QUOTE]

thanks, glad it wasn't just wishful thinking on my part. Hope it goes on sale again. I finally started switching over to 360 for all my rock band stuff, so it would be great to have another use for the hundreds of songs I'm sure to be buying/importing;)

any last minute thoughts you guys can provide me on the following 3 games I'm currently demo'ing? black knight sword, I am Alive, and Hell Yeah Wrath of the Rabbit.

Black knight demo was enticing enough, i like the art style, i like the studio. I wonder how much variety there is to keep my attention though.

Hell Yeah was a ton of fun, but it seems like it could get boring very fast with its repetitiveness.

I am Alive, haven't tried it yet, and have heard mixed reviews, but i love the concept and I want to believe I'll be sucked into the atmosphere.

Halp me decide

[quote name='mpaullin']Been doing some research on what title I should pick up to put me over the edge for the promo. In the likely event that it is not on sale tomorrow, can anyone recommend Sine Mora for 1200MSP? It has gotten some really solid reviews and I have been meaning to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up on my Vita and I'd say it's decent. Worth the $5 I paid for it a few months ago? Probably. Worth 1200MSP? No. And I love my shmups. I've imported all the region free shmups I could for Xbox and have enjoyed them all much more than I did Sine Mora. (Muchi Muchi & Pork Sweets is at the top of my backlog once I finish getting my 20 hours of XBLA time in for this month's XBLR promo- for some reason I still haven't had anything show up despite putting in quite a few hours.) That being said it is different and looks good, but the gameplay was just a bit too slow and dull for me after playing much more intense shmups.

Literally just beat Hell Yeah! about an hour ago. It wasn't bad, but yeah it does get tiresome after awhile, but I'd say the price is about right for what it's on sale for right now. That and did 100% it so all in all I don't feel gypped on it and I got it when it was 600 points.

[quote name='skonson']Just be aware that you can't bet that it will remain that way. I posted earlier that I had one punchcard filled even though it shouldn't have been and now it's been fixed to reflect my actual purchases. You might get lucky but don't count on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can also confirm that I had a punch taken away from the buy 4 games for 1 mth xbox live reward section.. I had 3 and had only bought 2 games, so they may likely pick up the error, if it indeed is one. Just a heads up.

[quote name='nadohawk']Should I get Bionic 2 if I just got Bionic? And is the Warhammer game good or should I pass it up?[/QUOTE]Bionic 2 is......okay. It's nowhere near as fun as the original, but for the price, it's decent enough.

I was looking at a list of the top selling XBLA games to try to see what games are out there that I don't already own in my backlog and would you believe that Real Steel has sold more units than Splosion Man? That's crazy!

Also, for people wondering about the community for Gotham City Imposters. It sits as the 20th top selling game on XBLA as per the list that was compiled by Game Asylum at the start of this year. It's outsold both Portal: Still Alive and Limbo. So there should be enough people who own it, though that might not mean that they're actually playing it. But it is good to know that it's at least a popularly owned multiplayer shooter. And has a much larger install base than let's say Monday Night Combat for instance. Still Battlefield 1943 and Happy Wars are the king of the castle in this category.

What I found surprising about the list is that Rock Band Blitz is number #2 and is sitting above Trials HD. I had no idea when Harmonix went down that route that it would be so popular - to be honest I didn't expect it to sell so well at all.

Anyways if anyone wants a look here's a link:
http://www.gamesasylum.com/2013/01/16/the-50-best-selling-xbla-games-of-all-time/

Also just wanted to do a shout out to our CAGmate Antarael Dulacre for winning this weekend's playxbla tweet-of-the-day contest. Cool when we see fellow Caggers out there in other places. Especially when they are doing some winning of free games. And he essentially turned playing a free game into winning a free game - now that is some good CAGging! Well done mate.

[quote name='skonson']

What I found surprising about the list is that Rock Band Blitz is number #2 and is sitting above Trials HD. I had no idea when Harmonix went down that route that it would be so popular - to be honest I didn't expect it to sell so well at all.[/QUOTE]

See below:

UPDATE: It so transpires that Microsoft takes DLC into account, hence why Rock Band Blitz is so high on the list. It’s also worth pointing out that Microsoft has different best sellers lists for every region. This is the UK list.

^About Rock Band Blitz:

UPDATE: It so transpires that Microsoft takes DLC into account, hence why Rock Band Blitz is so high on the list. It’s also worth pointing out that Microsoft has different best sellers lists for every region. This is the UK list.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Yeah, Rock Band Blitz sold way under expectations, which is fascinating considering you're essentially buying a 25 song export pack for rock band 3. Unless you don't have Rock Band 3 (shame on you!). Either way it's definitely great value for $15.

Edit: Also I'm eagerly awaiting the next sales to be announced, hopefully some of the games i'm waiting to buy might show up (but I really doubt it).

[quote name='PAULINK']Yeah, Rock Band Blitz sold way under expectations, which is fascinating considering you're essentially buying a 25 song export pack for rock band 3. Unless you don't have Rock Band 3 (shame on you!). Either way it's definitely great value for $15.

Edit: Also I'm eagerly awaiting the next sales to be announced, hopefully some of the games i'm waiting to buy might show up (but I really doubt it).[/QUOTE]

The new deal of the week is already up.

[quote name='Saren Arterius']The new deal of the week is already up.[/QUOTE]
Snap! It is! Thanks for the heads up. From Dust for 480 points seems worth it.

[quote name='Saren Arterius']The new deal of the week is already up.[/QUOTE]

Where is it posted? I don't see it on the dashboard or on xbox.com.

Well, I was still on the fence about Black Knight Sword but you guys got me to panic and bite. Hopefully it's like Castlevania or Outland or it's your asses.

The new deals are:
Catan - 320 MSP
Super Puzzle Fighter II - 320 MSP
Carcassonne - 400 MSP
Plants vs. zombies - 600 MSP
From Dust - 480 MSP
Peggle - 320 MSP
Rock of Ages - 320 MSP
Quantum Conundrum - 480 MSP
Kinect Party - 320 MSP

Anything worthwhile on that list? Already have PvZ and Kinect Party from when they were free.

Disappointing sale, hope no one still needs to finish their punchcards cuz that is some weak shit as far as hitting 400 goes.

[quote name='ooga'] UPDATE: It so transpires that Microsoft takes DLC into account, hence why Rock Band Blitz is so high on the list. It’s also worth pointing out that Microsoft has different best sellers lists for every region. This is the UK list. [/QUOTE]

Ah, my bad for not knowing that. That makes way more sense. Thanks for correcting me.

This week is a mixed bag of deals. A few standouts but mostly games like Catan and Carcossonne which have been on sale a million times. I had a strange inkling that From Dust would be on sale this week. I still might skip it as I didn't hear great things about the gameplay. If it was 320 I'd grab it though.

Quantum Conundrum is a buy for me I think. I need another 400+ pt game to get my free month anyhow and this is likely a good as I'll get at this point. I hear the platforming is a bit meh, but from what I've seen the game has heaps of charm. And it's got a light tone that should be a refreshing change of pace from all the Zombie killing I normally get up to in my gaming.

I know this question pops up all the time but can someone remind me which is better, Carcassonne or Catan? I think they're essentially the same sort of game. They've been on sale so many times I can't remember which one is better. Maybe they're pretty much the same and it's a coin flip but if someone is a big Catan fan and can point me in the right direction that'd be great. Anyways I might skip this anyhow. As they've been on sale a million times and I might wait for them to really fall to like 200pts.

I might trial Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. I remember playing the SD version heaps at work when I was 18 back in 1999 in the staff room at the movie theatre I worked at on the good old PS1. Wonder how it holds up.

It's really a mix bag of deals. I do recommend Plants Vs. Zombies. Even at 600pts it's fun. And yes we all probably have it on our computers and our iphones and probably got it for free. But still it's a good purchase and fun to see it play on an HD tv. Peggle is awesome too but do note that you can find it on two Popcap disc comps (it doesn't come with Nights though so if you go down that route grab Nights for a couple bucks) including one with Plants Vs Zombies, do you might be able to find it cheaper that way.

I think Rock of Ages for 320pts is a pretty good purchase too. I played a few levels, dug it but then didn't go back. I keep meaning to. It's an odd game with a lot of charm I believe from the same developer who did Zeno Clash - and that's a developer that I want to support cause I like quirky games that are a bit outside the box. Zeno Clash 2 is one of my most anticipated XBLA games. The first was as though David Lynch and Terry Gilliam had a love-child (it's a shame those two men will never be able to procreate a child together, of course that child would probably also destroy Tokyo so maybe it's for the good of everyone that they can't)

meh, pretty dissapointed. Only thing I'd think about picking up this week is PvZ...for the 5th time (own it on iOS, Android, PSN, and PC already).

I guess I'll try the trials for From Dust and Rock of Ages, though neither really interests me. I'd consider SPF2THDR if it wasn't already on the Capcom XBLA bundle disc, which seems the better deal as it's only $10-$13 most places.

Had a bit of a mini heart attack when I saw on xbldb Borderlands 2 being free. Then I saw it was just a compatibility update:lol:

Hope next week is better:cry:

[quote name='lordopus99']Pass on this week. I guess I am not going to hit the rewards.[/QUOTE]

There's always next week.

So I think I will pass on Bionic 2...no need to buy two of the same game when I have arcade titles from three years ago I have not touched that were in a series....From Dust's inclusion helped to sway my opinion...I'm guessing next week might be Elysium.

Holy crap. Peggle is a hullava deal at that price if you haven't gotten it the past 10 times it's already been on sale. That's the cheapest I've ever seen it, along with it's dlc. I recommend Peggle 1000 times over. Wonderful game..........if it ever comes to Wii U, I'd double dip and buy that game again in a heartbeat

[quote name='whitereflection']Well, I was still on the fence about Black Knight Sword but you guys got me to panic and bite. Hopefully it's like Castlevania or Outland or it's your asses.

The new deals are:
Catan - 320 MSP
Super Puzzle Fighter II - 320 MSP
Carcassonne - 400 MSP
Plants vs. zombies - 600 MSP
From Dust - 480 MSP
Peggle - 320 MSP
Rock of Ages - 320 MSP
Quantum Conundrum - 480 MSP
Kinect Party - 320 MSP[/QUOTE]

I'm in for Catan and From Dust.
I'll have to try Super Puzzle Fighter, Quantum Conumdrum and Rock of Ages to see if I enjoy any of them. I more then likely will be picking up QC because I've heard it's a platformer, which is always a plus for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back