XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dustinator']Holy crap. Peggle is a hullava deal at that price if you haven't gotten it the past 10 times it's already been on sale. That's the cheapest I've ever seen it, along with it's dlc. I recommend Peggle 1000 times over. Wonderful game..........if it ever comes to Wii U, I'd double dip and buy that game again in a heartbeat[/QUOTE]

There was a free PC download a few weeks ago.

Gah! More arcade games I already own! At least I can finally snag From Dust. Was just thinking it was due for a proper discounted sale. Hopefully the list for the next week will have some more fresh content.

I'm picking up From Dust. I want to pull the trigger on Quantum Conundrum, but the DLC at full price keeps me from doing so. I know it's only like $12, but that's pretty much my limit on AAA games these days. Man, I'm a fucking cheap ass.

Finally a good price on From Dust, and even lower than the price we'd been waiting all this time on! My punch card will be complete. Might bite on Puzzle Fighter also. Already have everything else...

[quote name='skonson']
I know this question pops up all the time but can someone remind me which is better, Carcassonne or Catan? I think they're essentially the same sort of game. They've been on sale so many times I can't remember which one is better. Maybe they're pretty much the same and it's a coin flip but if someone is a big Catan fan and can point me in the right direction that'd be great. Anyways I might skip this anyhow. As they've been on sale a million times and I might wait for them to really fall to like 200pts.
[/QUOTE]

I have both, and they are great buys. I prefer Carcassonne to Catan, but I'm sure others would disagree. The two pieces of DLC add a lot to the game. I'm not sure how the online communities are, but I tried playing Catan a few months back, and had to give up the search after 20mins.

Gonna def pick up Puzzle Fighter along with Poker Night 2 this week to finish my final 2 stamps and have all 3 cards finished. As for the other sales I might pick up Peggle + it's DLC since it's so cheap.

Puzzle Fighter, From Dust, and Quantum Conundrum are all easy buys at those prices.

From Dust is really great in my opinion. I really don't have anything bad to say about it, I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Quantum Conundrum is a really good 3D puzzler, the platforming is definitely the worst part and will lead to some frustration. But it's not bad enough that I wouldn't recommend the game because of it.

Nothing for me this week, hopefully next week is better.

Umm.. so no non-gold sales this week?

I'd get both Catan and Carcassone if I had gold if they had local co-op. Board games w/o setup, tear down, and rule-keeping? I'm in. I think they're probably not, though.

Hmm, considering PvZ.

Have 640 msp left, and I don't really plan on restocking any time soon. Not sure if I should hold out for something better or not.

hmm have all of them except Puzzle Fighter and Quantum Conundrum. Have no interest in PF but I might grab QC.

I personally love them all especially Carcassone

[quote name='hotpocket']Hmm, considering PvZ.

Have 640 msp left, and I don't really plan on restocking any time soon. Not sure if I should hold out for something better or not.[/QUOTE]

Silly boy! Nothing is better than PvZ. :)

From Dust was a pleasant surprise. Just need one more 800 pt purchase and I'll be done with my punch cards. Poker Night 2 sounds like an easy way to do it but I might wait out for sales on the 30th.

[quote name='Saren Arterius']The new deal of the week is already up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, looks like a miss again. I could wait until next week but I doubt what I want will be on sale.

So I'll probably pass on Super Puzzle Fighter because it's on that Capcom compilation disc that I've been considering for quite some time now. I really should bite on that one of these days.

PvZ and Peggle are also on disc, though this is probably obvious to most of you considering you can still find the PvZ disc all over the place. The Capcom disc, on the other hand - I don't think I've ever seen that out in the wild.

[quote name='ooga']Silly boy! Nothing is better than PvZ. :)[/QUOTE]

Ooga speaks the truth. I honestly wish I didn't already own Plants vs. Zombies on XBLA so I could buy it again. If only there was an import version with stackable Achievements... But I actually, I still need to go back and get the last 2 tough-ass Achievements.

[quote name='eastx']Ooga speaks the truth. I honestly wish I didn't already own Plants vs. Zombies on XBLA so I could buy it again. If only there was an import version with stackable Achievements... But I actually, I still need to go back and get the last 2 tough-ass Achievements.[/QUOTE]

Looks fun, just not totally sure it's a game I'd want to play on my Xbox...

I may end up getting it though.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']So I'll probably pass on Super Puzzle Fighter because it's on that Capcom compilation disc that I've been considering for quite some time now. I really should bite on that one of these days.

PvZ and Peggle are also on disc, though this is probably obvious to most of you considering you can still find the PvZ disc all over the place. The Capcom disc, on the other hand - I don't think I've ever seen that out in the wild.[/QUOTE]

Seems pretty common at GS around me.

Nothing for me in the new week. Was looking to try the demo for I Am Alive today but my power went out shortly after it downloaded.

Here's hoping it's up when I wake up tomorrow, otherwise I may have to buy it blind. Also interested in Black Knight Sword, but that one can wait if I can't try out that demo.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']So I'll probably pass on Super Puzzle Fighter because it's on that Capcom compilation disc that I've been considering for quite some time now. I really should bite on that one of these days.

PvZ and Peggle are also on disc, though this is probably obvious to most of you considering you can still find the PvZ disc all over the place. The Capcom disc, on the other hand - I don't think I've ever seen that out in the wild.[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure its $13 on amazon with FSSS. Seems like a crazy bargain:applause:

I finally bit on GE2 and Warhammer Kill Team. a little tempted by from dust but I dont really know much about it aside from playing the trial awhile back

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Puzzle Fighter is god-tier.[/QUOTE]

I just want to reiterate this. Me and my girlfriend absolutely adore this game.

Wow, pretty good week for me. I've been waiting for a sale on Peggle forever since I saw a video of it - after I'd already missed out on a sale for it like five times in a row. :p I'm thinking about Puzzle Fighter as well, since my friends and I have been pretty enchanted with falling block games that have local multiplayer recently.

I'd consider (Settlers of) Catan too, but no local multiplayer is a deal breaker for me.

Well crap. I finally decided to bite on Hell Yeah! and Geometry Wars 2. I bought Hell Yeah! with no problem, but when I tried to buy GW2 I kept getting an error message. So I got on the Xbox to try to buy it and I got a message saying 'Sorry, something about this offer has changed.' Never seen that before, but I'm guessing I missed out.

Edit: Yup, I missed out. It listed as 800mp now -_-

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Well crap. I finally decided to bite on Hell Yeah! and Geometry Wars 2. I bought Hell Yeah! with no problem, but when I tried to buy GW2 I kept getting an error message. So I got on the Xbox to try to buy it and I got a message saying 'Sorry, something about this offer has changed.' Never seen that before, but I'm guessing I missed out.

Edit: Yup, I missed out. It listed as 800mp now -_-[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the problem with waiting last minute to pick up the deal :( You never know when exactly MS will take last weeks deals off.

Yeah, I had that problem too, and got on xbox chat. THey told me to try again in a hour, and if it stl gave the message to contact them again and they'd honor it, so who knows.

Nothing appealing for me this week that I don't already have. Guess I'll get Poker Night and go back and look for a older 800 point game that I don't have yet to fill out my last two punches. Maybe Fez.

I finally gave Plants vs Zombies a try. Two levels into the trial I was sold. I'm also very interested in Quantum Conundrum, and that will complete my 3200 MSP punchcard.

I bought Bionic Commando Rearmed for 400 MSP through the Sales and Specials app at the beginning of the month, so my total is 3280 MSP. With my DLC purchases this month I'm 230 MSP from going past the next MyAchievements rebate point increment. So I'm going to buy a 240 MSP Rock Band three song pack, and I'll effectively get 10 MSP off it's price.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Nothing appealing for me this week that I don't already have. Guess I'll get Poker Night and go back and look for a older 800 point game that I don't have yet to fill out my last two punches. Maybe Fez.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the suggestion.
Picked up Fez and Battleblock Theater, which completed my final punches.

Hooray!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Gah! More arcade games I already own! At least I can finally snag From Dust. Was just thinking it was due for a proper discounted sale. Hopefully the list for the next week will have some more fresh content.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we've been talking about From Dust getting discounted enough to pick up forever. I think I'll finally join you this time, too. 480 is not bad at all.

[quote name='deadofnight']I finally gave Plants vs Zombies a try. Two levels into the trial I was sold. I'm also very interested in Quantum Conundrum, and that will complete my 3200 MSP punchcard.

I bought Bionic Commando Rearmed for 400 MSP through the Sales and Specials app at the beginning of the month, so my total is 3280 MSP. With my DLC purchases this month I'm 230 MSP from going past the next MyAchievements rebate point increment. So I'm going to buy a 240 MSP Rock Band three song pack, and I'll effectively get 10 MSP off it's price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just played the trial as well. Was pretty fun.

I'll buy it. Worth a shot for 600 points.

I still keep seeing different things, so... does DLC count towards the "Points Spent" punchcard? Trying to decide if I want to pick up PvZ, Peggle, and Peggle Nights, or just wait and get the disc later.

[quote name='yokuo']I still keep seeing different things, so... does DLC count towards the "Points Spent" punchcard?[/QUOTE]
No.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Nothing appealing for me this week that I don't already have. Guess I'll get Poker Night and go back and look for a older 800 point game that I don't have yet to fill out my last two punches. Maybe Fez.[/QUOTE]
Reminder, you'll have about 16 hours on Tuesday, April 30th, to see what comes up during the next DOTW, so if there's nothing screaming here, why not see what comes next?

BTW, I'm now in the OP adding Metacritic & Quick Look links. All done ... have at it!

For the 3200 msp arcade spend punchcards, do games below 400 msp count towards it?
Also, since it takes a couple of days for games to come up on the punchcard would games purchased on the 30th count?

[quote name='xbox_man']For the 3200 msp arcade spend punchcards, do games below 400 msp count towards it?
Also, since it takes a couple of days for games to come up on the punchcard would games purchased on the 30th count?[/QUOTE]

Yes they do. Games above 400 only matter for the middle punchcard.

Games purchased between April 1st-30th count towards the promotion.

The dates are bold and green on the punchard page 04/01/13 - 04/30/13.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Games purchased between April 1st-30th count towards the promotion.[/QUOTE]
-
Phoenix_wright_hold_it.png

-
That's April 1st to April 30th @ 4pm PDT (possibly as late as 5pm PDT) ... but definitely not 11:59p on April 30th, since Xbox Rewards is using "GMT" as the cutoff.
-
[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'd consider (Settlers of) Catan too, but no local multiplayer is a deal breaker for me.[/QUOTE]
-
I've found "Catan" to be one of the most relaxing games on the 360 ... I dunno if it's the music, or easy-going strategy, or serene tile-sets (I prefer the default ones over the Mayfair DLC) ... but if you want an unobtrusive "showpiece" game that's appropriate for all ages & significant-others, you should definitely consider it. It will also prepare you when someone drags out the traditional board-game, even though I'd say the AI here is "just below average", not cut-throat (except when 1 player is stingy with trades), nor will the computer form temporary allegiances to knock you out for fun. :lol:

[quote name='whitereflection']Well, I was still on the fence about Black Knight Sword but you guys got me to panic and bite. Hopefully it's like Castlevania or Outland or it's your asses.

The new deals are:
Catan - 320 MSP
Super Puzzle Fighter II - 320 MSP
Carcassonne - 400 MSP
Plants vs. zombies - 600 MSP
From Dust - 480 MSP
Peggle - 320 MSP
Rock of Ages - 320 MSP
Quantum Conundrum - 480 MSP
Kinect Party - 320 MSP[/QUOTE]

I own everything except Quantum Conundrum and I think it was free for PS+ subscribers too so I might have it on PSN. The trial was fine but I think I'll pass due to not liking first person platforming much.

For XBLR I think I completed all 3 punches and need to check. It sounds like there will be recurring punch cards. Here's hoping for a DLC centric one like everyone has been asking about.

[quote name='eastx']Ooga speaks the truth. I honestly wish I didn't already own Plants vs. Zombies on XBLA so I could buy it again. If only there was an import version with stackable Achievements... But I actually, I still need to go back and get the last 2 tough-ass Achievements.[/QUOTE]

Yes, do yourself a favor and get PvZ if you haven't already. I'm not a big fan of tower-defense games much at all and I've put countless hours into it. Still have one achievement left to finish though, the 50 wave one. Also, for what its worth, my 6 year old daughter has a blast messing around in the Zen Garden.

If I buy Quantum Conundrum and From Dust I need another 80 MSP on Arcade Games to get to 3200 points LOL stupid 60% off sales! xp ( I mean better price of course but come one I have to buy another one lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back