XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='E.Nich']Seems so, I don't see why they would do this if that wasn't their intention.[/QUOTE]

To cash in before the new system get's announced and is finally confirmed for later this year. It's all about money. Seems like a good collection though if you don't have any of the better xbla games.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']To cash in before the new system get's announced and is finally confirmed for later this year. [/QUOTE]

Get's?! What is this random apostrophe business, I ask you? :hot:

:D

I agree though; they are trying to sell as much as they can before the new console gets announced.

And I finished out my punchcards with Pokernight 2. I'm sure it will be on sale sometime, but it looks to be well worth $10, if nothing else for the unlocks alone.

Whats the big deal with super street fighter II Turbo puzzle fighter? Lots of people are in love with it here and the demo didn't sell me on it at all. Just seemed like a tetris/columns knock off with a street fighter theme.

I don't know what that's supposed to be or whether this will affect the US marketplace, but it says that there's a battle vote to see whether Bejeweled 3 or Zuma's Revenge will go on sale for half off. It's on the bottom right of that main page.

[quote name='yokuo']Trying to decide if I want From Dust and next week's Castlevania title (I've never played it). If I don't get those, I might go with PvZ and the Peggle stuff instead of waiting to catch the disc on the cheap (and is Nights on the disc at all?). Getting Poker Night 2 either way.

Anyone have any input on the better decision? I need 3 more games and $25 more dollars spent.[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely go with From Dust and Castlevania. PvZ is also highly recommended. Peggle is....boring.

[quote name='Sath666']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLNprdKseDk

http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/live/ultimate-collection

https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/327037838409482241[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...interesting. Wonder if this is UK only, or exactly what it is. Not that it matters, I'm pretty sure there are all MS Studios-published games, meaning I have all the ones I'd ever want.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't know what that's supposed to be or whether this will affect the US marketplace, but it says that there's a battle vote to see whether Bejeweled 3 or Zuma's Revenge will go on sale for half off. It's on the bottom right of that main page.[/QUOTE]
I think it's for it to be on the "island" and hence can be in the bundle if they end up doing it. Bejeweled 3 all the way.

It will be a great game's compilation, but I guess plenty of us already own those games, or at least, the ones we care to own.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']To cash in before the new system get's announced and is finally confirmed for later this year. It's all about money. Seems like a good collection though if you don't have any of the better xbla games.[/QUOTE]
Of course it's for money, it's their business after all. But if they keep doing this kind of sales and bundles, I'm ok with that.

[quote name='tylerh1701']i'd definitely go with from dust and castlevania. Pvz is also highly recommended. Peggle is....boring.
[/quote]

blasphemy!

[quote name='E.Nich']I think it's for it to be on the "island" and hence can be in the bundle if they end up doing it. Bejeweled 3 all the way.

It will be a great game's compilation, but I guess plenty of us already own those games, or at least, the ones we care to own.[/QUOTE]
It's a bundle? I don't see that mentioned anywhere. Why do they have leaderboards them for most selected today, all-time, and user ratings?

None of my games are on the top six, so if this is for a bundle of games I'd like to own, then I should change my vote to including all games I don't own. It doesn't make sense to have anything I actually own on it now because I'm just voting for something I won't be able to purchase.

[quote name='Yanksfan']blasphemy![/QUOTE]

Lol I'm glad someone called him on it. I'm pretty sure Tyler is living in some kind of alternate reality where Peggle is boring and Pizza Hut has the best pizza.

[quote name='Feeni']Lol I'm glad someone called him on it. I'm pretty sure Tyler is living in some kind of alternate reality where Peggle is boring and Pizza Hut has the best pizza.[/QUOTE]

Heh heh, agreed on both counts. But hey, that just means more good pizza for the rest of us. :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a bundle? I don't see that mentioned anywhere. Why do they have leaderboards them for most selected today, all-time, and user ratings?

None of my games are on the top six, so if this is for a bundle of games I'd like to own, then I should change my vote to including all games I don't own. It doesn't make sense to have anything I actually own on it now because I'm just voting for something I won't be able to purchase.[/QUOTE]
Well, I don't know if they plan to make a bundle with those games, but I can't see another reason for doing such page.
[quote name='Feeni']Lol I'm glad someone called him on it. I'm pretty sure Tyler is living in some kind of alternate reality where Peggle is boring and Pizza Hut has the best pizza.[/QUOTE]
I also think that Peggle is boring, it's a... pachinko game. Anyways, to each their own, I'm sure you must find boring some of the games I like.

[quote name='Yanksfan']blasphemy![/QUOTE]

Haha well I just mentioned that I didn't care for Pac Man CE DX a couple pages back, so I didn't want to highlight that I also don't particularly care for Peggle. Way to blow up the font haha!

Hahaha. Man I'm gonna get my XBL thread card revoked.

And if anyone is actually interested as to why I don't care for Peggle:

It was just too casual for me. Maybe there are some good strategies for playing that game, but I couldn't find any. I just tried to shoot the ball near the top, and have it hit as many pegs as possible. A lot of my success just seemed rather random, which meant my failures were frustrating because I had to go back and try and beat the level again without learning anything from my failure. I really had to force myself to actually even get through the end of the game.

Possibly somewhat related, Plinko was always my least favorite game on The Price is Right.

Hey between the 3 major pizza chains, Pizza Hut is better than the other two, but wtf is today's world coming to when XBOX...XBOX has a Pizza Hut App.

Also it looks like May 21st is when Durango/720 will be shown according to the dashboard.

[quote name='Twista48']wonder how much that ultimate bundle will end up costing[/QUOTE]

Here's an idea from left field. Maybe they're putting this together for the Durango not the current 360.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Anyone played Poker Night 2 yet?[/QUOTE]

Playing it now. Kinda boring to be honest, especially since it's single player, but the characters and commentary are funny and awesome.

[quote name='ooga']Here's an idea from left field. Maybe they're putting this together for the Durango not the current 360.[/QUOTE]

That actually seems somewhat plausible. It definitely seems like a tactic geared towards new owners, given that these are supposedly the best of the best and most gamers will already have them. That of course brings up the often discussed possibility that our arcade games won't transfer over. (Hope I didn't start a wildfire on that debate again)

[quote name='Feeni']That actually seems somewhat plausible. It definitely seems like a tactic geared towards new owners, given that these are supposedly the best of the best and most gamers will already have them. That of course brings up the often discussed possibility that our arcade games won't transfer over. (Hope I didn't start a wildfire on that debate again)[/QUOTE]

really hope not. I'm still wanting to get Minecraft and several of the other games, but no way I'm buying a whole new system just for a bundle:booty:

Best thing IMO is just do it on both, but obviously that might not be make it as enticing for people to pick up the new xbox.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Anyone played Poker Night 2 yet?[/QUOTE]
I tried the demo and I'm liking it. Already have a preorder on Steam, but if I need another game for the punchcards I'm going to get it.

I still don't know why the release for consoles is today but on PC it's on friday..

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']So I don't know how it's not been mentioned yet, but Microsoft is announcing their new system on May 21st:hot:[/QUOTE]

I just received the email!!! In 27 days... \\:D/

Poker Night 2 is a lot of fun. The characters are hilarious and incredibly well voice acted. The single-player only aspect of it might be a turn-off to most but if you are a fan of poker this game is worth a look.

Hmm, I'll have to buy one full priced game that is 600 points or more to fill out my punch card, think Poker Night 2 would fit the bill? Would prefer to buy a game that doesn't go on sale often.

Figure Poker Night 2 won't for awhile since it just came out.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Possibly somewhat related, Plinko was always my least favorite game on The Price is Right.[/QUOTE]
Now you've crossed the line.

I'm 100% with Tyler on this one. Pizza Hut has had the best corporate piozza since I was a wee lad. Sure there's some better mom and pops, but for cookie cutter manufacturing the Hut is tops.

Also, Peggle bores me in a painful way.

To each their own, but you are not alone Tyler. You are not alone.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I'm 100% with Tyler on this one. Pizza Hut has had the best corporate piozza since I was a wee lad. Sure there's some better mom and pops, but for cookie cutter manufacturing the Hut is tops.

To each their own, but you are not alone Tyler. You are not alone.[/QUOTE]
Giordano's is the best chain pizza, and it's not even close.

I'm also a Peggle hater. Love me some Plinko, though.

[quote name='simmias']Giordano's is the best chain pizza, and it's not even close.
[/QUOTE]

100% agree, but unless you're in Chicago or Orlando, you're SOL. I wouldn't have counted them when we're discussing Pizza Hut, etc. Pizza Hut and Papa John's are good compared to Domino's and Little Caesar's.

One thing that needs to be said is some in this thread live near great pizza restaurants, and others live where there are only big chains.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I'm 100% with Tyler on this one. Pizza Hut has had the best corporate piozza since I was a wee lad. Sure there's some better mom and pops, but for cookie cutter manufacturing the Hut is tops.

To each their own, but you are not alone Tyler. You are not alone.[/QUOTE]

Eugh, Pizza Hut is the one place I will absolutely not eat from.

Tastes like shit and makes me feel sick every time.

So I need at least 600 ms points to finish off my punchards and 400 of those have to at least be on a single game.

I am thinking either Terraria, THPS, Raskulls, PvZ or Phantom Breaker.

Thoughts? I am thinking either Terraria or PVZ most likely even though I already own multiple versions on each.

HELP ME CAGS!!!!

[quote name='vherub']I think the comparison is peggle is to homemade pizza as fable heroes is to big chains[/QUOTE]

Homemade pizza>>>>>>>>everything else.

I enjoy peggle, but I've kinda burnt out on it lately. Works best on PC IMO.

[quote name='BrolyB593']So I need at least 600 ms points to finish off my punchards and 400 of those have to at least be on a single game.

Thoughts? I am thinking either Terraria or PVZ most likely even though I already own multiple versions on each.

HELP ME CAGS!!!![/QUOTE]

PvZ is always outstanding, and I think if you have a friend then it's worth double dipping for the multiplayer, which is unique for the XBLA/PSN versions. It's not outstanding, but some quick fun that provides a different twist on the game. Also co op through the whole story mode.

I honestly don't know what you are referring to with THPS. If you mean Tony Hawk, I don't really see the point. Not as many features or as much content as most any of the other dozen versions you can find.

No experience with Terraria or Phantom Breaker, but they both look fun. I expect Terraria will definitely go on sale though, and considering it's double what you need to spend, I'd pass on it.

Rakskulls looks ok, but I haven't heard much or tried the demo. Also looks like another one that could go on sale. Unless you want the unlocks for ilomilo and Kingdom (or is it world) of Keflings, I'd pass as well.

So my vote is PvZ:D

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']That was also me..I'm the idiot who bought BC Rearmed 2 twice lol I knew there has to be a point I avoided it back in the sales & specials app argh

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BrolyB593']So I need at least 600 ms points to finish off my punchards and 400 of those have to at least be on a single game.

HELP ME CAGS!!!![/QUOTE]

If you enjoy games like Guardian Heroes, I'd easily recommend Phantom Breaker.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']PvZ is always outstanding, and I think if you have a friend then it's worth double dipping for the multiplayer, which is unique for the XBLA/PSN versions. It's not outstanding, but some quick fun that provides a different twist on the game. Also co op through the whole story mode.

I honestly don't know what you are referring to with THPS. If you mean Tony Hawk, I don't really see the point. Not as many features or as much content as most any of the other dozen versions you can find.

No experience with Terraria or Phantom Breaker, but they both look fun. I expect Terraria will definitely go on sale though, and considering it's double what you need to spend, I'd pass on it.

Rakskulls looks ok, but I haven't heard much or tried the demo. Also looks like another one that could go on sale. Unless you want the unlocks for ilomilo and Kingdom (or is it world) of Keflings, I'd pass as well.

So my vote is PvZ:D[/QUOTE]

Raskulls is very good. I don't think it's quite on the level of PvZ or Terarria, but it's a fun game.

I'd say go for either PvZ or Tony Hawk, whichever one you want more, since those are the 2 that are on sale. I enjoyed the Tony Hawk remake for the most part, even though I suck at it.

HELP ME CAGS!!!![/QUOTE]

I hate Terraria. Boring grindfest. Others don't though.

Phantom Breaker takes Guardian Heroes's brawler+fighting game fiddlyness and ramps up the fiddly to the level of a Japanese doujin fighter, which is pretty much what it is mapped directly to a brawler. There's a lot of meat but I think it is TOO damn fiddly sometimes, like how DMC4 became more about punching in your combo and beating up fodder enemies than it ever did about just fighting enemies. Still, it's fun enough.

Raskulls is a lot more entertaining than it should sound. It's not great but it's worth a play.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I hate Terraria. Boring grindfest.[/QUOTE]

What? You could say that about any game. The amount of content in Terraria is ridiculous.

[quote name='Cleaner7']
I've spent like 30 hours in BBT already this month. For anyone else with the game every Friday The Behemoth is releasing a new special "star" head. They're limited time only so if you miss it you can only get it by trading. The first week it was a Behemoth mascot chicken head, the second was a Purham Furbottom head and this week (tomorrow is the last day to get it) is a donut head for completing Furbottom's Features solo and Dan's dog (Boston Terrier) head for completing it in co-op. Word of warning: If someone who has already gotten the head hosts a match and invites you and then you complete it there's a glitch where you won't unlock it. My friend experienced this and emailed The Behemoth about it. My other friend and I unlocked it by playing it together when none of us had it. Unfortunately, I hosted the game with a friend who did not have it and it did not unlock for her. I think I read about it happening to someone else on their forums so they are now aware of it and hopefully working on a fix. My friend got an awesome reply from them and has been giving them info on the situation.[/QUOTE]

You're really making me want to get BBT now;) but I still haven't touched castle crashers, so I should probably wait. That's a cool way to keep people playing though:applause:

Out of all these brawlers, would anyone recommend them to someone playing mostly, if not entirely solo:

Scott Pilgrim
X-Men
Simpsons
Phantom Breaker
Guardian Heroes

They aren't typically the kind of game I play, but I figure if I stick with one for more than the 10 minutes or so the trials are, I would probably enjoy it more and get used to the controls.

Also, like seemingly everyone else, thinking of getting Poker Night 2. Could someone give me a brief overview of how actual gameplay works? I know it's single player only, but is it some kind of story or mission based mode, or just plain old poker with a great cast?

And lastly, I can't seem to get myself to pull the trigger on Rock of Ages. I really like the ascetics, but the gameplay didn't exactly grab me. Does it get better, or is it a safe pass? Also seems like something that may/may already have, turn up in PS+, so that's another thing to consider I guess:whistle2:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back