XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://rewards.xbox.com/get-yours/vip/ten-years
http://rewards.xbox.com/get-yours/vip/holiday-vip
http://rewards.xbox.com/get-yours/vip/red-carpet
http://rewards.xbox.com/get-yours/vip/new-year

I think they're usually contests where most people get an avatar item or a small amount of points.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I got a VIP award of some avatar prop at one point that I've never equipped. I assume the reward for the punchcards will really depend on how many people get all three.

After yesterday's purchase of Poker Night 2, I should have all 3. Just waiting for the last two cards to update.

[quote name='Stephan123']Hey joey welcome back :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cleaner7']
Good luck with finals! Cornelius, tyler and others have been taking care of your baby.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dustinator']Holy crap. Reddjoey sighting!!!! :wave: ALL HAIL THE OG THREADMASTER

[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. I'm still around, just lurking and checking the thread for sales. Hopefully, I work out some time to actually contribute to the conversation again, but every semester seems to eat my time trying to balance classes, work, studying and a little gaming.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Yeah. I got a VIP award of some avatar prop at one point that I've never equipped. I assume the reward for the punchcards will really depend on how many people get all three.

After yesterday's purchase of Poker Night 2, I should have all 3. Just waiting for the last two cards to update.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Figured it would be just avatar items.

[quote name='reddjoey']Thanks guys. I'm still around, just lurking and checking the thread for sales. Hopefully, I work out some time to actually contribute to the conversation again, but every semester seems to eat my time trying to balance classes, work, studying and a little gaming.[/QUOTE]

The semester is more important than this . Good luck :)

So I'm one game and 1000 points away from filling the punchcard. Unfortunately I already own most of the sale games. I'm leaning towards getting Motocross Madness and Catan to finish off. I could go with Poker Night and/or God Mode I suppose, but think I'll wait for a sale on those. I don't have that Tony Hawk game either, but wasn't too thrilled with the brief demo. Decisions, decisions...

Any thoughts on Catan? I have no idea how to play it, but it was considered a good XBLA game back in the day.

[quote name='Decker']So I'm one game and 1000 points away from filling the punchcard. Unfortunately I already own most of the sale games. I'm leaning towards getting Motocross Madness and Catan to finish off. I could go with Poker Night and/or God Mode I suppose, but think I'll wait for a sale on those. I don't have that Tony Hawk game either, but wasn't too thrilled with the brief demo. Decisions, decisions...

Any thoughts on Catan? I have no idea how to play it, but it was considered a good XBLA game back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Catan is good. Motocross Madness is good. God Mode....not so good.

Didn't like any of the 400MSP games I tried, so I got Rock of Ages after all. Figured if it was already in PS+ there is little chance of it returning, and I don't see it dropping much farther than this. Just need Pac Man and I'll be good to go on my punchcards.

I know it's already mentioned, but I'd just like confirmation on the ending time of the April Punchcards. I figure if I buy it as soon as it goes up, sometime after midnight, it should count right? Really don't want to mess it up and miss out.

Next week is looking pretty sweet. I have never played Castlevania: SotN, and Pacman is looking pretty great. I would love NBA Jam too...I played a ton of that as a kid. Anyone have anything to say about C:SotN and Pacman? I think I may grab both. They're pretty cheap.

[quote name='JBallerX']Next week is looking pretty sweet. I have never played Castlevania: SotN, and Pacman is looking pretty great. I would love NBA Jam too...I played a ton of that as a kid. Anyone have anything to say about C:SotN and Pacman? I think I may grab both. They're pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

Pac-Man has 93 metacritic, and Castlevania 89. Buy them, play them, enjoy them. That is all.

[quote name='JBallerX']Next week is looking pretty sweet. I have never played Castlevania: SotN, and Pacman is looking pretty great. I would love NBA Jam too...I played a ton of that as a kid. Anyone have anything to say about C:SotN and Pacman? I think I may grab both. They're pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

Aside from Tyler, I haven't heard of anyone not loving PacMan. The trial was incredibly fun, and I'm definitely looking forward to getting it next week.

SotN has gotten a ton of praise, but I haven't played enough to say if I'd recommend it or not. Still debating if I'm going to pick it up or not:whistle2:k

Pac-Man CE DX is awesome, but it's a different version of Pac-man then you've ever played. It might not be for everyone, but if you're into pac-Man, you'll will most likely love the new style of gameplay, which can get pretty intense and fun. If you care about Achievements, well, those are really really easy for that game.

I can't believe so many people have not played Castlevania: SOTN. It's a must-play even if you aren't into Castlevania. It's regarded by many as a true all-time classic. It's on a lot of "best video game of all-time" lists. It invented a sub-genre, "Metroidvania", that many games today try to model their gameplay after. And the "true" ending is one of the greatest secret/surprises in video game history. I'd pay $4 and buy it again if I could.

[quote name='hotpocket']Anyone played From Dust?

Worth a buy? The vids I saw looked pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Try the demo. I thought it looked good, but just didn't enjoy the gameplay.

[quote name='weeman33']symphony of the night is one of the best games ever.

Mandatory purchase if you haven't played it before.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='weeman33']symphony of the night is one of the best games ever.

Mandatory purchase if you haven't played it before.[/quote]

+2

[quote name='hotpocket']Anyone played From Dust?

Worth a buy? The vids I saw looked pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

I really liked it and played it all the way to the end (which is totally worth it because it unlocks a cool sandbox mode). At first the demo frustrated me and I almost passed on it. But after thinking things through, I ended up beating the demo scenario and began to get the hang of it. It's actually a really cool game; you just need to think it if more as a puzzle game and less as a God-simulator.

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']Try the demo. I thought it looked good, but just didn't enjoy the gameplay.[/QUOTE]

same, controls were frustrating to me (keep grabbing water when I wanted earth, and vice versus). The presentation is really good, and some of the scenarios like the tsunami were really incredible, but I didn't find it very fun. Think I'll just watch some planet earth instead.

[quote name='benjamouth']I thought Poker Night 2 was good, the only thing that worries me is how soon I'll start hearing the same bits of dialogue repeated.[/QUOTE]
It does repeat, especially when you get into a stalemate with two characters left that forces them to burn through the available dialog between the two of them.

[quote name='Teeksgib']does puzzle fighter have online multiplayer?[/QUOTE]
while it does, i've personally never been able to find a random game on it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It does repeat, especially when you get into a stalemate with two characters left that forces them to burn through the available dialog between the two of them.[/QUOTE]

this was what I was afraid of, and partially why I'll wait for a sale. I know it would be a ton of work, but it would be great if they could update it with different dialog every now and then, as I can see it getting pretty dull if they start repeating themselves a lot:cry:

Wow all that love for SotN has got me interested now. I am not even going for the whole punch card thing, but I may just grab it based off all these opinions.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Wow all that love for SotN has got me interested now. I am not even going for the whole punch card thing, but I may just grab it based off all these opinions.[/QUOTE]

SotN is my second favorite game, just after Super Metroid. Great buy. Shame the Xbox dpad kinda sucks for spells, but most people don't use them much anyway.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Wow all that love for SotN has got me interested now. I am not even going for the whole punch card thing, but I may just grab it based off all these opinions.[/QUOTE]

Great game. Got the code free from a Lords of Shadow when target clearanced them for $10. Definitely a must to at least demo

[quote name='Cheaper']for the play to win xblrewards does the minimum have to be at least 400 pts a game for the 400 thingy?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the thingy has to be an arcade game 400 thingies or more.

Here's my haul for this month:

Mercury HG - 200 MSP
Tetris Splash - 400 MSP
Mark of the Ninja - 600 MSP
Twisted Pixel Bundle - 800 MSP
I Am Alive - 480 MSP
Hell Yeah! - 480 MSP
Peggle - 320 MSP

Still waiting for my punchcard to update my Peggle purchase on Tuesday.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']I would also just like to say that Symphony of the Night is an amazing game that everyone should own.[/QUOTE]
Double this! SOTN is one of the greatest games of all time. I love it so much I bought it for PS3, 360 and have the original PSone.

[quote name='bardockkun']People haven't ever played SotN? Whatisthisidonteven[/QUOTE]

This x10,000.

Am I really getting that old? So old that its commonplace for the average gamer to have never once played SotN? :cry:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']this was what I was afraid of, and partially why I'll wait for a sale. I know it would be a ton of work, but it would be great if they could update it with different dialog every now and then, as I can see it getting pretty dull if they start repeating themselves a lot:cry:[/QUOTE]
That would be a lot of work to make new animations for those conversations and paying for the voice actors to come back into a studio to record new lines.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']This x10,000.

Am I really getting that old? So old that its commonplace for the average gamer to have never once played SotN? :cry:[/QUOTE]
I Think more so Castlevania is such a prolific series since even in the 8-bit days and SotN created the phrase (and genre? Games with Metroid exploration and RPG elements) "Metroidvania." Plus after it's release it feels near impossible not to find that game in the top 20 or 10 greatest games of all time. Like it makes no sense how anyone ONLY NOW wants to get this game or show interest.

I started a game of SOTN 2 years ago and now I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. It is a lot of fun, but in cases like this, I wish it didn't have so much freedom.
Not trashing the game, I just have no idea what is going on.

[quote name='hufferstl']I started a game of SOTN 2 years ago and now I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. It is a lot of fun, but in cases like this, I wish it didn't have so much freedom.
Not trashing the game, I just have no idea what is going on.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I just can't figure out where to go lol.

Am I really getting that old? So old that its commonplace for the average gamer to have never once played SotN? :cry:[/QUOTE]

I do think that it could be in part the fact that the Castlevania name isn't as well know today. Sure they are still making games for it, but how many of the people buying those games have already played quite a lot of Castlevania games.

I am not so sure a lot of new gamers are really getting into the franchise, but I could be wrong.

When it comes to me, I didn't play any Castlevania game until the dreadful N64 one. As for SoTN I didn't actually own or play it until about 2-3 years ago.

So I guess yeah, part of it that your just old ;).

In my case, I had Castlevania 3 for the NES, and trying to play it as a kid was insane, which left a bad taste in my mouth towards the series. So I never bothered with anything past the SNES game.

Played quantum conundrum and instantly bought it, felt so much like portal that i had to do it

Meanwhile the trials for nba and nfl are absolutely awful i was gonna get em till i played the trials

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back