XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I know when Pinball Arcade does the Star Trek TNG table, I WILL want that. The question is if I want to take the chance on spending 800 points in order to get my last punch for the base game when it's been a seriously long wait for the TNG table to show up on 360.[/QUOTE]
I don't see any reason to buy into Pinball Arcade on XBLA until the whole mess gets sorted out and DLC starts getting released, which as you said could be a long time.

[quote name='Ubichu']I'm glad I read the tail end of the thread or I would've never known about Arcadecraft for 80 points. Does it qualify towards the 800 points Rewards for spending 3200 points in arcade games?

I still need to spend 320 more points to get my 800 points in Rewards. Aqua and Polar Panic have both been on my list for a long time. I know Aqua was free through the defunct Scratch & Match (which I could never win) which makes me think it's more likely to go on sale cheaper than 400 than Polar Panic.

Given the choice between buying Aqua and Polar Panic (which I like about equally), which is the least likely to drop in price any time soon (i.e. which should I pick)?

Alternatively I could buy Quantum Conundrum for 480, but I'm in a quandry over that. I have it free on PSN+ but I doubt I'll have time to play it and all my other PSN+ games before my PSN+ expires in August, and I doubt I'll renew it any time soon simply because I only have 3 hours of gaming time per week which isn't enough to justify the monthly expense. For those who have loads of time to play games, PSN+ is great deal. I have the same issue with XBL Gold... never enough time to make it worthwhile except when there's a sale/special.[/QUOTE]

Given the games you are offering as choices, I would recommend going for Quantum Conundrum at 480 Microsoft Points. Aqua and Polar Panic are both fun games in their respective genres (Dual Stick Shooter, Puzzle) but are very unlikely to receive any further discounts beyond their 400 Microsoft Points price. However, Quantum Conundrum is a game that is normally 1200 Microsoft Points and this will probably be the best price we will see on the game. If you played the Portal games and enjoyed them, Kim Swift was one of the main game designers and she worked on Quantum Conundrum as well.

[quote name='disilluzion']Doesn't anyone read the fine print?

"Purchase a total of four Arcade games under the Xbox LIVE account tied to your Rewards account and earn a token for a 1-month Xbox LIVE Gold membership. The Xbox LIVE Gold memberships will be fulfilled via email to all eligible members on or before May 30, 2013."[/QUOTE]

I received a token for a 1-month Xbox Live Gold from Xbox Rewards in the past. No code was sent. A month was just applied straight to my account. The token is viewable on the Xbox Rewards site as a little VIP thing. That's all it means. Don't expect a code. Just expect a month added to your account just like points. A token and a code are two completely disparate things.

Rocket Knight, as noted in Tyler's list of games to never go on sale--now featured in that 2nd post way-up-yonder (thx Tyler)--is still 1200pts. I've wanted this game since its debut, but I just CAN'T bring myself to drop the virtual-coin on it and metacritic is useless with half of the reviews as great, while the other half are meh.

...By any small-chance, does anyone out there actually own it and have a view one way or another?

This is killing me, but damnit that's a lot of coin. Right now I've still got at least 1600 to spend if I wanted to get the final punchcard filled (which I only planned on doing if I was going to consider the rebate as a discount on the rest of my purchases) so even getting this would mean finding another game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't see any reason to buy into Pinball Arcade on XBLA until the whole mess gets sorted out and DLC starts getting released, which as you said could be a long time.[/QUOTE]
Do you know the story? I've heard "legal issues" but had no idea what was really going on.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Do you know the story? I've heard "legal issues" but had no idea what was really going on.[/QUOTE]

Their publisher (Crave Entertainment) went out of business. Microsoft requires a publisher, Sony does not. So until they get a new publisher for an XBOX release, nothing will be coming.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Their publisher (Crave Entertainment) went out of business. Microsoft requires a publisher, Sony does not. So until they get a new publisher for an XBOX release, nothing will be coming.[/QUOTE]
Oh, interesting. That makes sense.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Do you know the story? I've heard "legal issues" but had no idea what was really going on.[/QUOTE]
https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/485196334834765
FarSight offers its apologies for the delays in releasing additional content for the Xbox 360 of Pinball Arcade. We want to assure 360 players that these delays are temporary and we fully intend to continue supporting this console. The issues are not the fault of Microsoft nor are they due to the title update procedure. The 360 is the only platform that we cannot publish on directly. Selling digital content requires a current Publishing License Agreement (PLA) with Microsoft to release games. We are working through complications regarding our publisher Crave Entertainment filing bankruptcy. At this moment, we are not able to submit new content. However, we expect to start rolling out the updates shortly and catch the Table Pack releases on 360 up to the other platforms within a few months.
That's from an October 31, 2012 update, so it's been six months or so now and there still hasn't been much progress.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Their publisher (Crave Entertainment) went out of business. Microsoft requires a publisher, Sony does not. So until they get a new publisher for an XBOX release, nothing will be coming.[/QUOTE]
By Pinball Arcade are people talking about Pinball FX2? Maybe I'm unaware of there being 2 parallel pinball games with DLC releases.

If we're talking Pinball FX2, I bought a bunch of tables on the Xbox 360 when they were on sale... until I learned that the PS3 had Zen Pinball 2 which offered the same tables except in 3D. Having 3D on a pinball table makes such a huge positive difference that I refuse to buy any more Pinball FX2 tables unless they add 3D. It'll just be Zen Pinball 2 going forward.
[quote name='fei33']Given the games you are offering as choices, I would recommend going for Quantum Conundrum at 480 Microsoft Points. Aqua and Polar Panic are both fun games in their respective genres (Dual Stick Shooter, Puzzle) but are very unlikely to receive any further discounts beyond their 400 Microsoft Points price. However, Quantum Conundrum is a game that is normally 1200 Microsoft Points and this will probably be the best price we will see on the game. If you played the Portal games and enjoyed them, Kim Swift was one of the main game designers and she worked on Quantum Conundrum as well.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply. I already know Quantum Conundrum is the better of the 3 games, but the reason I'm less inclined is that I have it free on PSN+ until August, so I'd be paying 480 points for something I could play for free before my PSN+ expires in August, though I may never have time to do that in which case I might be better off paying 480 points now. So it would appear you think that neither Polar Panic or Aqua is likely to go under 400 points (apart from Aqua once being offered in a Scratch & Match)?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Finally figured out what to spend the last 400 points that I needed to spend, which ended up being World Gone Sour.[/QUOTE]

let me know how that is, I was actually a bit curious:)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Finally figured out what to spend the last 400 points that I needed to spend, which ended up being World Gone Sour.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']let me know how that is, I was actually a bit curious:)[/QUOTE]

It's a perfectly competent platformer. It's never really challenging, but makes for a good 5 or so hours of mindless platforming fun. I felt like the wall jumping was a tad temperamental, but other than that the game controls well. I had a couple small laughs from the narration as well. I'm pretty sure I 200/200 it, which means it's pretty simple to do, because I don't 100% games all that often.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I know when Pinball Arcade does the Star Trek TNG table, I WILL want that. The question is if I want to take the chance on spending 800 points in order to get my last punch for the base game when it's been a seriously long wait for the TNG table to show up on 360.[/QUOTE]

Just do what I and most other Pinball fans have done and buy it for the PS3 instead. They have released these tables for the PSN with more on the way, while the lame Xbox 360 has NONE of them. Support Farsight and get them on PSN.

PACK 04: Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight - RELEASED
PACK 05: Harley Davidson, Third Edition and Taxi - RELEASED
PACK 06: Elvira and the Party Monsters and No Good Gofers! - RELEASED
PACK 07: Big Shot and Scared Stiff - RELEASED
PACK 08: Attack from Mars and Genie - RELEASED
PACK 09: Dr. Dude and Firepower - Late April
PACK 10: Cactus Canyon and Central Park - Mid May
PACK 11: Space Shuttle and White Water - Late June
Premium 1: The Twilight Zone - RELEASED
Premium 2: Star Trek: The Next Generation - RELEASED

Back to topic, that said, I can't wait for Blood Dragon.

[quote name='Cornelius']

My eyes are burning from the RAZOR-SHARP JAGGIES!!![/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm just immune, but I think it's not nearly as bad as that in motion. I feel like the animation is fluid enough to put it above or near Scott Pilgrim or Guardian Heroes.

Personally I also think it looks really nice. Heck, I'd even go so far as to say it and Scott Pilgrim look better than a lot of AAA games. But I'm a fan of retro graphics, so of course I'm very biased;) on a side note, does PB have online?

OK. I need to spend a few more points to get my last 800pts for the punchcard. I'm thinking of grabbing a 400pt game. I'm trying to choose between Aces of the Galaxy, World Gone Sour or Yar's Revenge - though part of me is really curious about grabbing Amy. What do people recommend? I've been through the list of 400pt games and nothing much jumps out at me that I don't own on the Sega Genesis Ultimate Collection.

Since a bunch of people are asking for recommendations, I guess I will too. I still need to spend a bunch of points, so I may not even make it. I was thinking of getting Minecraft as I don't think it has ever been on sale and I'm mildly interested (never played on PC, love Terraria, love seeing all of the things people build). My concern is that when the disc version finally comes out, it will be more likely to go on sale more often than the digital copy. For now, the game would go straight to the backlog and I like to avoid paying full price for games to do that. So, is it worth it to buy digital now or should I keep digging? Thanks for any input.

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Since a bunch of people are asking for recommendations, I guess I will too. I still need to spend a bunch of points, so I may not even make it. I was thinking of getting Minecraft as I don't think it has ever been on sale and I'm mildly interested (never played on PC, love Terraria, love seeing all of the things people build). My concern is that when the disc version finally comes out, it will be more likely to go on sale more often than the digital copy. For now, the game would go straight to the backlog and I like to avoid paying full price for games to do that. So, is it worth it to buy digital now or should I keep digging? Thanks for any input.[/QUOTE]
I like to have my arcade games in the HD as a digital copies, not in disk versions that I must place in my shelves (are already filled up with books/games/movies).

You can convice youself easily that if you get it now, the game would have cost you only 800msp and not the 1600 it costs, since MS will return 800 to you.

It's a great deal.

[quote name='skonson']OK. I need to spend a few more points to get my last 800pts for the punchcard. I'm thinking of grabbing a 400pt game. I'm trying to choose between Aces of the Galaxy, World Gone Sour or Yar's Revenge - though part of me is really curious about grabbing Amy. What do people recommend? I've been through the list of 400pt games and nothing much jumps out at me that I don't own on the Sega Genesis Ultimate Collection.[/QUOTE]

Out of those three I'd say World Gone Sour, but let me throw out Adventures of Shuggy as another recommendation, personally I'd take that over the other 3 you mention but I'd advise trying the demos first (obviously).

[quote name='destro4eva']Just do what I and most other Pinball fans have done and buy it for the PS3 instead. They have released these tables for the PSN with more on the way, while the lame Xbox 360 has NONE of them. Support Farsight and get them on PSN.

PACK 04: Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight - RELEASED
PACK 05: Harley Davidson, Third Edition and Taxi - RELEASED
PACK 06: Elvira and the Party Monsters and No Good Gofers! - RELEASED
PACK 07: Big Shot and Scared Stiff - RELEASED
PACK 08: Attack from Mars and Genie - RELEASED
PACK 09: Dr. Dude and Firepower - Late April
PACK 10: Cactus Canyon and Central Park - Mid May
PACK 11: Space Shuttle and White Water - Late June
Premium 1: The Twilight Zone - RELEASED
Premium 2: Star Trek: The Next Generation - RELEASED

Back to topic, that said, I can't wait for Blood Dragon.[/QUOTE]
Are they doing one for Addams family? That's my all time favorite pin.

So it looks like I will be doing the 3200 MSP after all... (I guess I would have been thinking that all this time as you're already going to be over 50% there after doing the buy 4 games of 400 or more MSP in the month but I really didn't start the punch card till last weekend.)

Anyhow, I've picked up a number of titles on sale but at the same time I'm sort of making my own sale on that I somehow missed before... This has worked pretty good:

I got STX, Special Forces: Team X, and spent yesterday playing it instead of playing Dust: An Elysian Tail like had been my original plan. (Dust, btw, is another game that I cannot recommend enough. Honestly, through about 67% I think its a better game and should have gotten many of those rewards that TWD got) Anyhow, STX is basically a cell shaded Gears of War with less shotguns and a stronger focus on teamwork and strategy and I'm really feeling it so far. The player base seems to be small, though I found matches at 3 to 4 in the morning CST though not nearly as many as during the day. That said I imagine there are times where you're looking at not being able to find matches. (It had a price drop this month, which is why I discovered it, so its sort of on sale for 800. Its got a 45 minute in match demo so if you like 3rd person shooters you should try it out. (Stick with your teammates) If anyone plays the above don't hesitate to let me know!

Now... More of what I wanted to ask about.

I'm curious of Fusion: Genesis, I've watched a few videos and I'll; be downloading the demo but it really, really, reminds me of Armada on Dreamcast. (Armada was a RPG meets shooter, though we now call them Shmup/Twin Stick shooters, and was pretty awesome for its day and still noteworthy due to its uniqueness.) Anyhow, is there anyone with experience with Fusion? (And better yet anyone with experience in both games?)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']
I'm curious of Fusion: Genesis, I've watched a few videos and I'll; be downloading the demo but it really, really, reminds me of Armada on Dreamcast. (Armada was a RPG meets shooter, though we now call them Shmup/Twin Stick shooters, and was pretty awesome for its day and still noteworthy due to its uniqueness.) Anyhow, is there anyone with experience with Fusion? (And better yet anyone with experience in both games?)[/QUOTE]

I have it but I've not played it that much, seems ok, it sounds a lot like that Armada game plus there is mining and upgrading a little drone thing.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']let me know how that is, I was actually a bit curious:)[/QUOTE]
as tyler said, it's an ok platformer, but the load times are ridiculous for some reason, and i can't imagine ever wanting to turn it on again after beating it. it was ok for the few hours it lasted if you like old school platformers like cool spot

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I'm curious of Fusion: Genesis, I've watched a few videos and I'll; be downloading the demo but it really, really, reminds me of Armada on Dreamcast. (Armada was a RPG meets shooter, though we now call them Shmup/Twin Stick shooters, and was pretty awesome for its day and still noteworthy due to its uniqueness.) Anyhow, is there anyone with experience with Fusion? (And better yet anyone with experience in both games?)[/QUOTE]

I wrote a really detailed review of Fusion: Genesis awhile back. Just about everything you could want to know is covered. However, I never played Armada.

I enjoyed Fusion: Genesis quite a bit. Can get a bit grindy going for 100% achievements but even then it wasn't too bad. Good PVP system, but the combat itself gets a little simple. It sorta reminded me of the old Mac game Escape Velocity with a lesser trade or navigation system, but with MP. I thought 800 MSP was fair. Demo is spot on for SP, though I don't think it saves progress if you buy it later (repeated the tutorial for me).

Should I go for From Dust or Catan? I'm a fan of the board game but I'll only play it if my friends are online for it. Also, where can you see your punch card?

[quote name='eastx']I wrote a really detailed review of Fusion: Genesis awhile back. Just about everything you could want to know is covered. However, I never played Armada.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again, east! I don't know why I never check your site... I always find your reviews to be very good and well thought out. Thanks again for another one! :)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I'm curious of Fusion: Genesis, I've watched a few videos and I'll; be downloading the demo but it really, really, reminds me of Armada on Dreamcast. (Armada was a RPG meets shooter, though we now call them Shmup/Twin Stick shooters, and was pretty awesome for its day and still noteworthy due to its uniqueness.) Anyhow, is there anyone with experience with Fusion? (And better yet anyone with experience in both games?)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting about Fusion: Genesis. I've forgotten the title even existed. As a huge Armada fan, I always get excited when someone mentions that Fusion looks reminiscent to Armada, but there doesn't seem to be even one person on the Internet who has played both and could make a direct comparison. I'm not sure this is the thing to fill my last punch card.

[quote name='fableflav']Should I go for From Dust or Catan? I'm a fan of the board game but I'll only play it if my friends are online for it. Also, where can you see your punch card?[/QUOTE]

Get Dust.

[quote name='Living']Maybe I'm just immune, but I think it's not nearly as bad as that in motion. I feel like the animation is fluid enough to put it above or near Scott Pilgrim or Guardian Heroes.[/QUOTE]

Then I'm "immune" too. I love the graphics in Phantom Breaker. The animation is better than several AAA games, lol.

I am done as well. I was going to wait until tomorrow and pickup X-men, but decided against it just in case something in their database goes haywire and it doesn't count it since it was bought on the last day. So I got my three 400 MSPs games to put me at 3320 MSPs. I picked up:

Polar Panic
Arkadian Warriors (Strictly for the cheevos. I am counting on you here Cleaner7 ;) )
Small Arms

And as a bonus, all of them are teeny tiny games that hardly up take any space on my HD. :)

[quote name='ooga']I am done as well. I was going to wait until tomorrow and pickup X-men, but decided against it just in case something in their database goes haywire and it doesn't count it since it was bought on the last day. So I got my three 400 MSPs games to put me at 3320 MSPs. I picked up:

Polar Panic
Arkadian Warriors (Strictly for the cheevos. I am counting on you here Cleaner7 ;) )
Small Arms

And as a bonus, all of them are teeny tiny games that hardly up take any space on my HD. :)[/QUOTE]

I guess it's too late to say this now, but I found the camera in Arkadian Warriors to be really screwy. (I'm an inverted y-axis guy, FWIW).

So all 3 of mine are filled but my calculations don't add up to 3,200msp (when the cards were punched) . I now have 3,480 spent, I believe. But my cards were filled before I bought Quantum Conundrum yesterday.

So I guess I'll be ok.

Puzzle Arcade - 400 - Decent for what it is, although the puzzle selection is limited

N+ - 800 - Just fun and frustrating

Motocross Madness - 800 - I enjoyed it, although the last 2 achievements are glitched

Geo Wars 2 - 200 - Great game

Poker Night 2 - 800 - Really enjoying this, the banter is great. The random stuff is awesome, especially when you use a complete theme. Have only heard a couple of repeat lines so far.

Quantum Conundrum - 480 - Only played part of the trial but pretty sure it's gonna be a fun Portal-like game

Finally caved on HALF-MINUTE HERO -Super Mega Neo Climax. I know a lot of people had good stuff to say about it. I couldn't find anything else to spend 800 points on and I don't remember it ever going on sale.

I've always wanted to play a Tony Hawk game but never got around to it. Should I get Tony Hawk HD when it's on sale tomorrow, or would one of the later titles be a better overall purchase? I wouldn't have any nostalgia for the original, but for all I know it might offer the best experience anyway.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I've always wanted to play a Tony Hawk game but never got around to it. Should I get Tony Hawk HD when it's on sale tomorrow, or would one of the later titles be a better overall purchase? I wouldn't have any nostalgia for the original, but for all I know it might offer the best experience anyway.[/QUOTE]
If you don't care for cheezmints, get Tony Hawk 2X for the original XBox. It's similar to the HD remake in the sense that it's a bunch of recollected levels all in one game, but the gameplay is much better and more levels.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I guess it's too late to say this now, but I found the camera in Arkadian Warriors to be really screwy. (I'm an inverted y-axis guy, FWIW).[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember that being a nuisance, but I don't think I played for more than an hour. I know I just cannot play Beyond Good & Evil HD for this reason. The lack of inversion is so bad and my desire to play the game is so strong I'd consider throwing in on a Kickstarter-like campaign just to put a goddamn patch out for that.

The best versions of THPS are still as follows:

Tier 1

THPS 1 Dreamcast
THPS 2 Dreamcast

Tier 2

THPS 2X Xbox
THPS 3 XBox
THPS 4 Xbox
THUG 1 Xbox

Tier 3

Everything else

Tier 4

THPS HD

Tier 5

THPS Ride

Thinking about spending my last points on Quantum Conundrum. Anyone vouch for the awesomeness of this game? It looks great. Also, I LOVE PvZ. It's such a great game. One of the best buys I've made on the arcade.

[quote name='bardockkun']If you don't care for cheezmints, get Tony Hawk 2X for the original XBox. It's similar to the HD remake in the sense that it's a bunch of recollected levels all in one game, but the gameplay is much better and more levels.[/QUOTE][quote name='wEEman33']The best versions of THPS are still as follows:[/QUOTE]Thanks for the feedback! Hmm, still need 1700 worth of games to get to 3200 pts. Probably gonna go for Darkstalkers, and then some puzzle game or something to put me over 3200. Or maybe I'll finally give in to nostalgia and pick up Simpsons.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I've always wanted to play a Tony Hawk game but never got around to it. Should I get Tony Hawk HD when it's on sale tomorrow, or would one of the later titles be a better overall purchase? I wouldn't have any nostalgia for the original, but for all I know it might offer the best experience anyway.[/QUOTE]
Read the reviews for Tony Hawk first ... especially from Giant Bomb's head-honcho Jeff Gerstmann, who's been around long enough to own every single game in the franchise:
The summary seems to be "it's OK", but the extra DLC @ 400 MSP was sorely needed in the base package, and you'll quickly notice the game is low-res polygons with high-res textures slapped on.

[quote name='JBallerX']Thinking about spending my last points on Quantum Conundrum. Anyone vouch for the awesomeness of this game? It looks great. Also, I LOVE PvZ. It's such a great game. One of the best buys I've made on the arcade.[/QUOTE]

As far as Quantum Conundrum is concerned, I'm through the first 1/3 or so and am loving it. Puzzles seem very Portal-like, and the cartoony atmosphere really fits. (Be sure to look at the paintings). Plus John DeLancie does a great job as the voice of the professor. This game wasn't even on my radar but after playing the demo I had to have it and I don't regret it.

Looks like I'll purchase Pacman CE DX and The Simpsons Arcade. The arcade was the last time I've played the simpsons. Minecraft to top off the 3200msp. Might get Sega Bass Fishin just for fun.

Do I need to be gold to get the 2% rebate of msp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back