XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a Capcom sale... Like an idiot I didn't buy RE4 when it was $10 last year and now I really want to play it. :lol: I'm sure it'll be back around before too long.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I need a Capcom sale... Like an idiot I didn't buy RE4 when it was $10 last year and now I really want to play it. :lol: I'm sure it'll be back around before too long.[/QUOTE]
I checked Amazon but there isn't a listing for it. But I'm sure there has to be people who bought Resident Evil 4 and now have an extra code for it that they're trying to sell from the Archives Edition. That's if it never goes on sale again and you can find listings for it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Well said. I really don't see any reason for people to buy these.[/QUOTE]

I am going to buy a couple of them for the kids to play. Dont want to bother with the disc as there are only three they would play. And I dont give a hoot about achievements. So its a win - win for me!

[quote name='Bradisback']I am going to buy a couple of them for the kids to play. Dont want to bother with the disc as there are only three they would play. And I dont give a hoot about achievements. So its a win - win for me![/QUOTE]

The discs contain the main mode of each sport plus several minigames styled after each one, its not simply comprised of these little minis. The gems are just 1 of the side mini games under each main sport. You may want to reconsider picking up the discs at some point instead.

Bowling from KS1 and Golf from KS2 are worth it alone and the UC pack is a nice value with the DLC included.

This is what happens when I cannot figure out what I feel like to play from my backlog with an off-day. I just try to do more responses on this thread, sadly they don't seem to get any shorter in length -_-.

[quote name='Zonic505']GGXXACP is 900 MSP? That's a weird price. Not sure if I want to get it, as I wanted to get it at 800 MSP, but a $1.25 in difference shouldn't be a big deal.[/QUOTE]

I say you define the price you are willing to buy it for. I had to make a stand last month with I Am Alive at 480MSP, when I probably would have purchased at 400MSP, so the extra 80MSP was where I decided to make my stand. Conversely, I had always passed on XBLA Castlevania: Symphony of the Night due to already owning it on two other platforms I can still play, but at 320MSP opposed to its usual 400MSP discount price, I decided to buy it for the 80MSP difference. [As a side note, I only recently learned the playable SotN Maria on the Saturn version, which learned martial arts, plays quite different from the PSP SotN Maria which is closer to her style when she was a kid in Rondo of Blood, throwing doves, turtles, dragons, etc. like she never grew up; I miss out on so much since portable gaming is not for my lifestyle.]

I did not waver both times From Dust only got discounted 33% of the 1200MSP release price. I had decided I can live on without playing the full game given the price. Yet last month it finally showed a 50% discount so I finally accepted 600MSP was a price I would be at peace with buying it, knowing one day it could be discounted to 400MSP or less in the future, I just felt it was the right price at the right time. I know Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus only has a 25% discount, but unlike From Dust which is from Ubisoft the chances of Arc System Works titles getting discounts are much lower. The only other time I can recall a discount on the Xbox Marketplace for Arc System Works titles was the one time BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (not Extend) had 40% off two of the 3 DLC characters and announcer voices, along with 50% off individual additional color sets and unlock keys. Granted that was back before Arc System Works titles were under the Aksys publishing label in the USA, now that they have a US branch the frequency of discounts may increase (but I doubt it). So you do have a decision, do you think you will see GGXXAC+ discounted again? For a larger discount? Can you live on without having the game on your 360 legally at the price at this time?

[quote name='midloo']So owning Guilty Gear XX makes buying Guilty Gear X2 redundant doesn't it? Isn't XX just the latest version of the game that started off as X2, or am I confused?[/QUOTE]

Confusion is understandable, since the series had spinoffs and experiments with all sorts of title changes. All the non-minor (more than just revision number) updates appending new words and symbols to the end of the Guilty Gear name compounds the problem. Guilty Gear XX was renamed to Guilty Gear X2 in the USA, so localization also adds to the complications.

Guilty Gear (original PS) started the series. Guilty Gear X (the "X" is pronounced "zechs") was on Naomi/Dreamcast which established the standard resolution and sprites for subsequent releases and was where the series became arcade worthy. Guilty Gear XX (renamed to Guilty Gear X2 in non-Japanese regions) was an update and the series finally gets home ports from this point onwards on consoles people actually owned. The next major update was Guilty Gear XX #Reload (I read it as "sharp reload" due to musical references), as you can see it is on the original Xbox as Guilty Gear X2 #Reload. Then there was the experiment to make the game go 4-player called Guilty Gear Isuka, which looked exactly like any other post-PS(1) original Guilty Gear game including all the same characters and backgrounds but with 4 people clumsiness. Then after the mistake they went and continued with just updates in this order (to my memory, I may have missed some): Guilty Gear XX Slash, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, and up to date with Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R. There, I think that's less confusing. Oh yeah, Guilty Gear 2 Overture, which is on sale this week, is not a fighting game but plays like N3: Ninety Nine Nights or a Musou (Dynasty/Orochi Warriors) game.

So, umm, I guess it is sort of redundant to own XX and X2, unless you choose to have a US and a Japanese version. I mean, I bought Chrono Cross all on the same system 3 times: Asian for the clock, Square Millennium for the sweet calendar & figurine, and a US version; redundant yes, but I'd thought I would like it with the extras back then >_

Chrono, you can handhelds on your couch. There is no lifestyle required for them. Its clear there are titles you desire to play and regret missing because you seem to think othwerwise. Don't limit yourself man, there are without question titles that are worth your time and money on portables.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']The discs contain the main mode of each sport plus several minigames styled after each one, its not simply comprised of these little minis. The gems are just 1 of the side mini games under each main sport. You may want to reconsider picking up the discs at some point instead.

Bowling from KS1 and Golf from KS2 are worth it alone and the UC pack is a nice value with the DLC included.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Bowling and Golf alone are worth the price of the collection. My wife and I have adult drinking parties with both. :D

[quote name='bardockkun']IF Summer of Arcade is still a thing. They didn't do the usual Spring promotion this year so I'm kinda skeptic and hopeful they don't do the Summer of Arcade thing.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that the Summer of Arcade will be tied into the big announcement on the 21st and that's why we haven't heard much about it yet. They likely don't want to detract from the big event by announcing anything prior. I'm also wondering in terms of the big news if what they'll announce will be a proper reveal or moreso a Sony-style, reveal the controller and a few details of the device. Anyways, we will have to wait a week but in the meantime IGN just released a video about their guesses for the promotion which seems fairly apt to me. Considering they have way more inside information than any of us I'm guessing we will see a Summer of Arcade this year (or Winter of Arcade for us Down Under).

Here's a link to their predictions:

http://au.ign.com/videos/2013/05/14/xbox-soapbox-predicting-summer-of-arcade-2013

I'm actually excited for a Kinect game for the first time in a while with Crimson Dragon. Though the last time I was excited for a Kinect game was with Steel Battalion: Heavy Armour and we all know how that worked out. But it does look like a good line up. Not sure if Ascend: Hand of Kul (originally Ascend: New Gods) will be part of it or not as it's a free to play game. But State of Decay and Special T.I.M.E. Force have been on my radar for a bit. Not excited about a 1600 price point but I'm hoping I can win a copy of State of Decay off of playXbla.com through their daily twitter contests. Might hold off on Crimson Dragon as Kinect sales are weekly now and there's not enough games for them to not include that within the 2 or 3 months after it releases. As for Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, I think I'll wait for it to get down to 600pts if the reviews are good as I know it's a short experience.

Anyways I don't think this week is going to light up anyone's life. I'm not a big multiplayer shooter fan so it's a pass for me. The Kinect bowling is brilliant, super-fun. If you own a Kinect and don't own the first Kinect Sports just for the bowling, then what are you doing? But I'm not so interested in these gems as I bought both Kinect Sports games used for about $5 or $10 each. I'm sure you can track them down for about the same on craigslist or at a pawn shop like store.

They're not going to spend their May 21st announcement on "The Future of XBox" with Summer of Arcade. The thing is a press event (and more then likely a big pricey one knowing Microsoft) and it'd be stupid and really out of no where to hold a giant event where part of it is committed to an XBLA promotion because no one will remember. People only want to see the new console and what it entails, anything else is an afterthought. At E3, I think is soonest we'll find out if it still exists.

I don't doubt for a second that there will be a Summer or Arcade, since it always drives a hefty load of publicity to XBLA, but it could very well be their only major XBLA promo this year. With the next Xbox due relatively soon, it could even be the last promo of its type on 360, who knows? Hopefully the quality gets a bump from last year - I don't think any of the games were terrible, but aside from Dust ending the promotion on a great note, it was lackluster. (In case you forgot: THPS HD, Wreckateer, Deadlight, Hybrid, Dust)

I do agree, though, that they probably won't waste any breath on any upcoming 360 releases this time next week. E3 would be the place for that.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Yeah shouldn't that be happening? The Summer of Arcade? I would have thought State of Decay would be in it[/QUOTE]
I Think it happens around August if memory serves me right.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Man, thought about getting a BF3 dlc, but with State of Decay being 20 bucks, guess I'm gonna have to save my points because I'm getting that day 1.

If I change my mind though, which BF3 dlc is the best?[/QUOTE]

Back to Karkand is my favorite mostly because of the nostalgia, but here's a quick overview of what the others come with:

Close Quarters comes with Gun Master and Conquest Domination
-10 new guns to unlock through assignments

Armored Kill comes with Tank Superiority

Aftermath comes with Scavenger
-unlockable crossbow

End Game comes with Capture the Flag and Air Superiority
-unlockable 1911 S-Tac
-dirt bikes!

Excluding my bias for Karkand which I already had from buying at launch anyway, I would rank them like this: End Game, CQ, Aftermath, Armored Kill.

[quote name='gotdott']Back to Karkand is my favorite mostly because of the nostalgia, but here's a quick overview of what the others come with:

Close Quarters comes with Gun Master and Conquest Domination
-10 new guns to unlock through assignments

Armored Kill comes with Tank Superiority

Aftermath comes with Scavenger
-unlockable crossbow

End Game comes with Capture the Flag and Air Superiority
-unlockable 1911 S-Tac
-dirt bikes!

Excluding my bias for Karkand which I already had from buying at launch anyway, I would rank them like this: End Game, CQ, Aftermath, Armored Kill.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I should've mentioned I already have Back to Karkand.

I was leaning towards End Game, I heard Close Quarters wasn't very good, and not interested in Armored Kill.

Also, how exactly does that work if you only have the 1 or 2 dlcs, I haven't played it in forever but thought about picking up a new dlc to get back into it.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Yeah I should've mentioned I already have Back to Karkand.

I was leaning towards End Game, I heard Close Quarters wasn't very good, and not interested in Armored Kill.

Also, how exactly does that work if you only have the 1 or 2 dlcs, I haven't played it in forever but thought about picking up a new dlc to get back into it.[/QUOTE]

CQ is only good if you need a run and gun fix with less bullshit as the maps are less claustrophobic than TDM. Both the crossbow and Scavenger's novelty wear off pretty fast and Armored Kill has always been arguably the weakest DLC so that's why I'd rank those lower. The only weak point to End Game is that portions of the maps feel like they have been rehashed from other maps, e.g. Op Firestorm with a snow coating.

And how does what work?

Like End Game says it adds some kind of dropship support. Does the DLC just come up in regular rotation and are the added features only in those maps?

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Like End Game says it adds some kind of dropship support. Does the DLC just come up in regular rotation and are the added features only in those maps?[/QUOTE]

Yep it's DLC map specific, just like the gunship in Armored Kill. Only the weapons and their unlocks are available throughout all maps. Not sure what you mean by regular rotation as it's pretty much 95% player rented servers now, but there are plenty of people playing the newer maps though Operation Metro still appears to be king in most rotations.

On a sidenote.. in terms of added features, they added little tweaks to the old maps as well, including an extra set of mcoms to Davamand Peak rush.

[quote name='gotdott']Yep it's DLC map specific, just like the gunship in Armored Kill. Only the weapons and their unlocks are available throughout all maps. Not sure what you mean by regular rotation as it's pretty much 95% player rented servers now, but there are plenty of people playing the newer maps though Operation Metro still appears to be king in most rotations.

On a sidenote.. in terms of added features, they added little tweaks to the old maps as well, including an extra set of mcoms to Davamand Peak rush.[/QUOTE]

lol, like I said I haven't played it in forever, I'll probably just pass.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']

I certainly wouldn't reccomend these even for OCD achievement junkies as each title has 50 gamerscore so at the sale price you're forking over $2 for 50gs, $8 for 200gs, $16 for 400gs. You could easily buy XBLA games worth playing for sigificantly less which would also grant you more gs.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you're right. Glad I didn't buy them all yet, maybe I'll buy just like one of them for now. $8 (80 MSP Each) for all of them would have been a better deal. I kind of feel bad for the people who paid full price lol... :roll:

[quote name='bardockkun']They're not going to spend their May 21st announcement on "The Future of XBox" with Summer of Arcade. The thing is a press event (and more then likely a big pricey one knowing Microsoft) and it'd be stupid and really out of no where to hold a giant event where part of it is committed to an XBLA promotion because no one will remember. People only want to see the new console and what it entails, anything else is an afterthought. At E3, I think is soonest we'll find out if it still exists.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. The last few product reveals like this were very light on specific details on the actual next generation console and then went into current gen stuff. If Microsoft does the Nintendo or Sony route they will likely tease the next Xbox and then go into some of the stuff they are currently offering. It's a sort of bait and switch marketing routine that the heavies like to use these days where they pull you into a big announcement, release a small amount of actual information and then announce what is upcoming on their current gen console so that reporters who were hoping to actually have something meaty to report about then go back and say "well a console is coming out, we know very little about it but the Summer of Arcade looks good." Though you are right, could be we find out in June at E3. I am curious what the difference will really be between Microsoft's presentation on the 21st and how that will differ with it's presentation a few weeks later at E3. The timing is weird. I don't understand why they just don't wait for E3 but, hey they're Microsoft.

And for the person who asked when the Summer of Arcade usually starts - the last two years it's been around the 3rd week of July that it's kicked off.

[quote name='skonson']
And for the person who asked when the Summer of Arcade usually starts - the last two years it's been around the 3rd week of July that it's kicked off.[/QUOTE]

Between this and the Steam summer sale

*kisses wallet goodbye*

The backlog grows higher:hot:

Kind of out of the blue, but I'm torn on Crash Course 2. At first I really enjoyed it, but its rough edges are really starting to show through. Edge grabbing seems iffy at times, I'm still having connection issues online, apparently some of the achievements are glitching out and permanently unattainable because of data saving online, and my star count isn't going up correctly. It's still fun, but like I said, I'm running into more and more rough edges.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Kind of out of the blue, but I'm torn on Crash Course 2. At first I really enjoyed it, but its rough edges are really starting to show through. Edge grabbing seems iffy at times, I'm still having connection issues online, apparently some of the achievements are glitching out and permanently unattainable because of data saving online, and my star count isn't going up correctly. It's still fun, but like I said, I'm running into more and more rough edges.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. The more I play it, the more I want to just play the first Crash Course. I think it's vastly superior in every way. There's something just more fun about it I suppose. This sequel feels like it was developed in a marketing room where the other one was just free and made with love. I hate the new star system. Hate, hate, hate it. This game shouldn't be about collecting stuff, it should just be about getting through the game as quick as you can in the least amount of retries. It should be exactly like Trials Evolution but without the bikes. I think this tries too much to walk a fine line between games like Joe Danger and Trials and it doesn't really hit a sweet spot. I haven't really looked but I don't think it has a track editor which is a mis-step for me too as I actually would enjoy building tracks for this. I'm just glad that they aren't shoving any Doritos ads or power-ups down my throat.

[quote name='skonson']I'm with you. The more I play it, the more I want to just play the first Crash Course. I think it's vastly superior in every way. There's something just more fun about it I suppose. This sequel feels like it was developed in a marketing room where the other one was just free and made with love. I hate the new star system. Hate, hate, hate it. This game shouldn't be about collecting stuff, it should just be about getting through the game as quick as you can in the least amount of retries. It should be exactly like Trials Evolution but without the bikes. I think this tries too much to walk a fine line between games like Joe Danger and Trials and it doesn't really hit a sweet spot. I haven't really looked but I don't think it has a track editor which is a mis-step for me too as I actually would enjoy building tracks for this. I'm just glad that they aren't shoving any Doritos ads or power-ups down my throat.[/QUOTE]

The game was free (for Gold members) and isn't really gimped by micro-transactions, so I'm glad it exists. But I'm looking forward to just beating as much of it as I can and moving on.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Chrono, you can handhelds on your couch. There is no lifestyle required for them. Its clear there are titles you desire to play and regret missing because you seem to think othwerwise. Don't limit yourself man, there are without question titles that are worth your time and money on portables.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm inclined to agree with Chrono here. Handhelds are a very different experience and not for everyone. Playing games while hunched over a tiny screen is far from my ideal way of gaming. I would much rather be sitting comforably on my couch with my controller in my hands and my head looking forward at a 40" tv.

The problem is too many major game companies are operating under the flawed belief that if a game doesn't have whatever their definition is of "next gen" graphics, then it doesn't belong on a console. And they push it off onto a handheld instead.

[quote name='vamn']Personally, I'm inclined to agree with Chrono here. Handhelds are a very different experience and not for everyone. Playing games while hunched over a tiny screen is far from my ideal way of gaming. I would much rather be sitting comforably on my couch with my controller in my hands and my head looking forward at a 40" tv.

The problem is too many major game companies are operating under the flawed belief that if a game doesn't have whatever their definition is of "next gen" graphics, then it doesn't belong on a console. And they push it off onto a handheld instead.[/QUOTE]
I play my Vita and 3DS sitting comfortably on my couch holding them in my hands in a reclined, relaxing position. You can play them whenever, wherever, and however you want, which is the beauty of handhelds.

[quote name='gordojones88']
May 21, 2013 - A New Generation Revealed . . . without Frodo :cry:
[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they'll have the Killers on hand again to perform IMMEDIATELY after the new console is revealed.

[quote name='Twista48']kinda funny BF3 dlc is on sale right now and no one can play it online cause the servers have been shut down[/QUOTE]

both your original post and your edit are lies.

I share the sentiments about Crash Course 2, I loved the original and can't stomach this new one at all. The power additions are gimmicky, the star collection is tedious, and the simplistic charm is gone. I doubt I'm going to load it up again after my first time today. Even happier that I grabbed the originals DLC now, more of a good thing.

[quote name='gotdott']both your original post and your edit are lies.[/QUOTE]

a buddy tried to play earlier and couldnt get anything to start, guess theyre fine now, they were down though thanks to a hacker

[quote name='Twista48']a buddy tried to play earlier and couldnt get anything to start, guess theyre fine now, they were down though thanks to a hacker[/QUOTE]

I knew I clicked on this thread for a reason.

I'm enjoying Crash Course 2 so far, at least when I can play it, that's my only complaint so far. Well that and where are those Hong Kong levels that there was a Famestar Reward for?!

I only have 1 achievement left though, for the 75 bonus objectives, after I get that, I'll be done with the game, unless they add more.

I wish BlazBlue had a demo. I'm not big into fighting games anymore, but that game looks pretty slick. Is it a good single player experience?

[quote name='gordojones88']May 21, 2013 - A New Generation Revealed . . . without Frodo :cry:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Ryuukishi']Hopefully they'll have the Killers on hand again to perform IMMEDIATELY after the new console is revealed.[/QUOTE]
Poor Samwise the Second Banana, even after carrying Mr. Frodo he only gets to plug Profiles In History accompanied by Edward Scissorhands! :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22kvdvUhOUg

[quote name='seppuku']I wish BlazBlue had a demo. I'm not big into fighting games anymore, but that game looks pretty slick. Is it a good single player experience?[/QUOTE]

It has a good story mode and score attack/arcade to keep you busy if you're not into playing online (that is if anyone still plays online). For 800 points that's not bad at all.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']900 points for Guilty Gear...to get or not to get..[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting. A 25% discount is pretty flimsy considering that many people who are super big into fighting games probably bought it at release.

I'll bite at 600 or less.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']900 points for Guilty Gear...to get or not to get..[/QUOTE]

Arc Sys rarely have sales on XBL so I'm buying it! :)

It also appears as part of the Arc System Works 25th Anniversary Sale, GoD Battle Fantasia is included. I am basing that on this article for the Japanese marketplace. I wouldn't know since I already own the games on disc, so I never paid attention to their prices for Games on Demand. I checked the US dashboard, the GoD Battle Fantasia appears to be priced at $19.99 but displays 800MSP on the confirmation dialog (I did not confirm), I will refrain from making edits to the OP until I gain additional proof it is in fact discounted. [If I were not lazy and understood BB code, I would also edit the OP to mention the DOA5 DLC (Hotties Swimwear Set, Fighters Pack) that are on discount with a warning about this fall's upcoming Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate; not telling others to edit the OP, I will once I learn BB code (and confirm pricing), just mentioning it in the thread for the time being]

EDIT: Note that article refers to the Japanese marketplace (my JP account confirms the discounts for their region, but these titles are region locked away from the US/Canada region, so make sure you have the appropriate hardware before purchasing). However, relating to the USA/Canada regions, GoD Battle Fantasia on the US marketplace displays $19.99 on the dashboard, but the confirmation dialog displays 800MSP, so I do not know if this is a sale, normal actual price, or pricing mistake. So I will delay my first attempt at editing the OP. Guess I am too eager to contribute to the OP/thread ^^.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Chrono, you can handhelds on your couch. There is no lifestyle required for them. Its clear there are titles you desire to play and regret missing because you seem to think othwerwise. Don't limit yourself man, there are without question titles that are worth your time and money on portables.[/QUOTE]

That sounds personal, I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing that with CAG ... oh couch, not crotch, my mistake >_

[quote name='Crono-00']It also appears as part of the Arc System Works 25th Anniversary Sale, GoD Battle Fantasia is included. I am basing that on this article for the Japanese marketplace. I wouldn't know since I already own the games on disc, so I never paid attention to their prices for Games on Demand. I checked the US dashboard, the GoD Battle Fantasia appears to be priced at $19.99 but displays 800MSP on the confirmation dialog (I did not confirm). [/QUOTE]

Battle Fantasia is definitely worth 9.99 (800 MSP). A disc copy might be cheaper though.

[quote name='Crono-00']All this conversation of fighting games lately brought my attention to a game I've not heard of. Lately I've enjoyed quite a few bootleg communist developed titles like Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game and Alice: Madness Returns, so this game is grabbing my attention at this moment. I am awful at fighting games, yet I still want them so much because I still can enjoy playing. [EDIT: oh it's some free to play MMO, not fighting game, sure looks like one to me at least][/QUOTE]

Man, that chinese fighting game looks amazing!! Now I also want to play it :D

[quote name='Crono-00']All this conversation of fighting games lately brought my attention to a game I've not heard of. … this game is grabbing my attention at this moment. I am awful at fighting games, yet I still want them so much because I still can enjoy playing. [EDIT: oh it's some free to play MMO, not fighting game, sure looks like one to me at least][/QUOTE]

Too bad the action tried to take place off-screen. The majority of what you can see is confined to the far right. I'm not claiming to be a fighting game fan but I would hope that most have better systems in place so it's not restricted to 1/6 of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back