XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Just an FYI to anyone interested in this, BB has had 400 with 1600 several times in the past month. If you don't need MSP right now, you'd probably come out ahead waiting a bit;)

Ditto on wanting another good sale, haven't bought anything these last two weeks (maybe that's a good thing with our backlogs as they are:cool:). Still holding out for a Minecraft sale, though at this point I wonder if it will ever go on sale for even a tiny amount:cry:[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't hold my breath on a minecraft sale anytime soon. If I was you I'd go and try to buy a code off someone who won it free off Raptr or something like that as you'll likely get the best savings that way.

Is it Tuesday yet?

Also, bets on if ol' Nelson will be posting our two weeks on Tuesday with all the hoopla going on or if we get by on just what xbldb picks up for the week?

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Pretty accurate in terms of the level of annoyance you'll deal with on XBL. Two notes: the dog painting on the wall is of Poochie and make sure you catch the end where the big reveal is that Dark Master has been
wearing short shorts the whole time!
[/QUOTE]

Don't know what poochie is but that's a George Rodrigue painting, it's part of the blue dog series. He's a pretty famous local painter and restaurateur from where I used to live.

Yeah, this look like the first time since Feb 2012 that I'm not buying anything this month. I think I really did buy everything on the marketplace I want (besides some new releases).

[quote name='Zonic505']Upcoming deals & content blog is up.[/QUOTE]

Matt Hazard for me - probably forgettable game, but for 400msp why not. I forgot the last time that i bought XBLA game on DotW.

Some really nice offers: Bangai-o HD - i cannot recommend this enough. It's such a original, insane and addicting game with some pretty nice puzzles in some stages. Anyone who say this is a shmup is dead wrong.

Pid is worth 400msp for the atmosphere and characters alone. Some of the negatives: controls are not precise enough and you don't have an ability to move the camera a bit up and down, similar to Spelunky. Pid needs this in some levels.

Artorias contains some of the best bosses in Souls series. So yeah, fans will be all over this. :)

I'll probably grab Pid and Rocketbowl (my 200 msp rule kicks in here).
The rest I already have or are just complete crap.
Darkstalkers is very intriguing at 800 msps, but I'll probably wait till it hits 600 msp.

[quote name='Sath666']Bangai-o HD - i cannot recommend this enough. It's such a original, insane and addicting game with some pretty nice puzzles in some stages. Anyone who say this is a shmup is dead wrong.[/QUOTE]I completely agree with this. While it's a shame that the Story Mode from the Dreamcast/N64 version (which I REALLY wish would get ported one of these days) has never returned, it's still a really fun game with an insane amount of enemies & bullets on screen to the point there's slow down so the game can process all the stuff that's happening on screen.

Looks like I'm buying:
Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury (loved the Dreamcast version)
Pid
Dark Souls Artorias of the Abyss (might as well own it for 360 and PS3)

The original Bangai-O was essentially a dual-stick shooter before the controllers were able to support it, but the two games that followed it have been turned into puzzle games because they changed how they design the levels.

Just an FYI for those grabbing Matt Hazard. There is no online co-op mode. Only couch co-op. That's what stopped me from buying it in the past.

It's been 7 months since a one day sale on Forza 4 content and a year since it was Deal of the Week. I was really hoping it would be on sale to coincide with the announcement of Forza 5.

[quote name='E.Nich']
Also, I will buy Dark Souls at half price with the DLC (If you buy Artorias, is like having a prepare to die edition?).[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the Artorias DLC is the only thing that the prepare to die edition has over the regular edition.

I got my punchcard rewards from Microsoft for April...but I didn't get my 800 Microsoft points. I only got the avatar item and the 1 month of gold. Did anyone else have this problem? I bought about 10 games over the course of April.

[quote name='JBallerX']I got my punchcard rewards from Microsoft for April...but I didn't get my 800 Microsoft points. I only got the avatar item and the 1 month of gold. Did anyone else have this problem? I bought about 10 games over the course of April.[/QUOTE]
Did you check your list of pending points on the Rewards site?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you check your list of pending points on the Rewards site?[/QUOTE]

I will do that when I get home from work! Thanks

Alan Wake is not available in GonD here... come on MS :/

I already played it, bought the first DLC on sale and then sold it, but if the second one has a good discount i may pick up a code on ebay and the DLC on XBL.
I think the 83% discount will be on avatar items and gamerpics, i expect the DLCs to be at 200 MSP and the XBLA one at 400/600 MSP.

[quote name='Narsis84']Holy shit.

A. It's Monday. Nice.

B. A couple decent sales. Pid and maybe Matt Hazard.

3. Alan Wale sale? That's some foreshadowing shit right there. I hope. I'm half hard already.[/QUOTE]

Pid is fun. I overpaid for it on the trade thread, but for $5 it's a pretty decent game. It's tough, though.

[quote name='im_dany']Alan Wake is not available in GonD here... come on MS :/

I already played it, bought the first DLC on sale and then sold it, but if the second one has a good discount i may pick up a code on ebay and the DLC on XBL.
I think the 83% discount will be on avatar items and gamerpics, i expect the DLCs to be at 200 MSP and the XBLA one at 400/600 MSP.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure where you are, but Alan Wake GoD isn't available in America either, which fucking sucks. I just sold my disc last week after hanging on to it for more than a year waiting for The Writer to finally go on sale. fuck me.

EDIT: Here is a press release from Remedy saying Alan Wake was put on GoD in 2010. Why can't I find it?

[quote name='Dthib87']Don't know what poochie is but that's a George Rodrigue painting, it's part of the blue dog series. He's a pretty famous local painter and restaurateur from where I used to live.[/QUOTE]

Poochie is a Simpsons reference. The video itself is Poochie-esque, I just used the Rodrigue painting to sneak the reference in.

[quote name='Althax']Pretty sure the Artorias DLC is the only thing that the prepare to die edition has over the regular edition.[/QUOTE]
I thought so, thanks for confirming.

[quote name='im_dany']Alan Wake is not available in GonD here... come on MS :/

I think the 83% discount will be on avatar items and gamerpics, i expect the DLCs to be at 200 MSP and the XBLA one at 400/600 MSP.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I went to marketplace and the GoD is not available here. No Alan Wake then, I never really wanted to play that game so it's win-win.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, I really enjoyed Puzzle Quest 1, but I'm not sure to want to buy Puzzle Quest 2 or Galactrix. I think that I prefer playing again the first one instead of the sequels.

Interested in Pid and Matt Hazard for 400 each. Curious to see if Alan Wake DLC packs will be tempting enough to buy a DL Code from eBay in order to play them.

Are there any sites out there that send e-mail notifications for marketplace content price drops? I'd like to get OG crysis if it ever goes on sale.

[quote name='Kerig']Interested in Pid and Matt Hazard for 400 each. Curious to see if Alan Wake DLC packs will be tempting enough to buy a DL Code from eBay in order to play them.[/QUOTE]

So will those codes still work even though it's not on Games on Demand?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so are any of the 360 puzzle quests worth getting? I know it's available on virtually everything, but 400 is pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

I think 1 and 2 are definitely worth it. I think I'll probably grab Galactrix now, I passed at 800 a couple months ago.

I'll also check out Jeremy McGrath, Mad Tracks, Matt Hazard, and Rocketbowl.

It's funny how just a couple months ago games like Galactrix and Matt Hazard hadn't budged in price after years in the store, and now they'll both be over 60% off of their original price.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Pid is fun. I overpaid for it on the trade thread, but for $5 it's a pretty decent game. It's tough, though.
[/QUOTE]
Your Gamer pic is from Pid, right?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so are any of the 360 puzzle quests worth getting? I know it's available on virtually everything, but 400 is pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

1 & 2 are great. I have them on XBLA, DS & PC, so definitely pick them up at 400 MSPs. Galactrix I just couldn't get into. I'd skip that one.

[quote name='ooga']Your Gamer pic is from Pid, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. I'm about half way through the game.

Also, I just found out that my $20 Amazon Video Game promotion from the trade-in deal a few weeks ago works on physical MSP cards, though it doesn't work on Online Codes. But I ordered a 1600 MSP card using it because this sale will make me use up my last Target Black Friday card. :)

[quote name='ooga']
1 & 2 are great. I have them on XBLA, DS & PC, so definitely pick them up at 400 MSPs. Galactrix I just couldn't get into. I'd skip that one.[/QUOTE]

If I only wanted one which would be the better pick? I'm guessing 2, but judging by Galactrix's reception sequels aren't always better.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']If I only wanted one which would be the better pick? I'm guessing 2, but judging by Galactrix's reception sequels aren't always better.[/QUOTE]

This conversation was brought up the last time they were on sale, and I'm pretty sure that 1 was the consensus better game. I know I enjoy 1 quite a bit more than 2.

I very lazily updated the OP with the newly announced deals. If I get some time this afternoon I'll work on it, otherwise I'll get to it tomorrow when the sales go live. I know there are some Fallout DLC price drops that need to be added as well.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']If I only wanted one which would be the better pick? I'm guessing 2, but judging by Galactrix's reception sequels aren't always better.[/QUOTE]

The first one is much more polished and enjoyable IMO. However, it is also quite a bit harder. If you don't mind working for your achievements get the first one.

[quote name='MWB']Because it was delisted. Several dozen titles have been removed from Games on Demand over the years, just like XBLA delistings. Most of them have been licensed titles, like the James Bond games. No idea when or why Alan Wake went away, though.[/QUOTE]

The Steam version of the game is published by Remedy which tells me that they own the IP and that Microsoft only had publishing rights on the 360. Maybe they reverted back to Remedy after two years and they never got the business worked out required to sell it on the XBLM.

definitely in for PQ 1&2. Played the first one on PC, but never finished it. Time to get it and finish it and play the second one. Played part of Galactrix, but it just didnt feel the same and I could not get into it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']So will those codes still work even though it's not on Games on Demand?[/QUOTE]
I was able to redeem a code for Joust after it was delisted. Did some Googling to make sure of the dates (oddly, Joust isn't listed on XBLDB, must have been before the site went live), and it looks like you did, too.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310545

Granted, XBLA may be handled differently than GoD for reasons only Microsoft could (poorly) rationalize. A couple eBay sellers have received positive feedback on Alan Wake code sales in the past couple weeks, so unless there's shenanigans, they should still be good.

The Best Buy close to my work still has a few of those XBL 12 month cards with Joust codes on them. Asked for them to be price checked, and they're still $50 instead of $60.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Poochie is a Simpsons reference. The video itself is Poochie-esque, I just used the Rodrigue painting to sneak the reference in.[/QUOTE]
You wanted them to die on the way back to their home planet?

I know the conversation has moved on, but I just want to thank Crono for linking to that video. That was the greatest thing I've seen in a while.

Oh, and everyone should play Alan Wake.

[quote name='Bloomy']I was able to redeem a code for Joust after it was delisted. Did some Googling to make sure of the dates (oddly, Joust isn't listed on XBLDB, must have been before the site went live), and it looks like you did, too.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310545

Granted, XBLA may be handled differently than GoD for reasons only Microsoft could (poorly) rationalize. A couple eBay sellers have received positive feedback on Alan Wake code sales in the past couple weeks, so unless there's shenanigans, they should still be good.

The Best Buy close to my work still has a few of those XBL 12 month cards with Joust codes on them. Asked for them to be price checked, and they're still $50 instead of $60.[/QUOTE]
I remember when I was excited to find a Joust code. Then I played it. Worst. Port. Ever.

[quote name='simmias']I know the conversation has moved on, but I just want to thank Crono for linking to that video. That was the greatest thing I've seen in a while.[/QUOTE]

I would love for them to bring the now-middle-aged Dark Master and Chuck onstage for tomorrow's conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back