XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tarheel76']Hey Gamers....a little off topic from the games on sale this week : I noticed by looking at xbldb that "Space Channel 5 Pt 2" has dropped to 400MSPs, (which isn't the 1st time based on its history), but I was wondering if anyone can remember back to when the "Sales + Special App" was up and running......wasn't this game part of a "loser offer" for 200MSPs ?? Would be great to hear from someone that perhaps purchased it back then or can remember a little bit better than myself.
I didn't know if xbldb also kept track of games that were part of the "Sales + Special App".
I also know the game is part of the Dreamcast Collection which can be found for cheap, but I already have "Crazy Taxi" from the Christmas holiday when it was offered for 200MSPs, and I'm not really interested in the other 2 games, "Bass Fishing" and "Sonic"...(especially since I already have Sonic on the "Ultimate Genesis Collection").....thanks in advance for your time, & help......GAME ON !![/QUOTE]

Not sure if it was part of the sales app sales or not. But I do own it on the collection and Space Channel 5 pt 2 is probably the best out of those four titles. I really enjoy it. For 400pts it's worth it. It's such a kooky game and the enhanced look for the Xbox really makes it sing. But I think you're mistaken about Sonic Adventure being on the ultimate genesis collection though, as that particular title was a dreamcast game and not a genesis offering. Sonic Adventure isn't all that good of a game but I'd still grab the disc version if I was you as you can probably get it for $5-10 and Bass Fishing is more fun than what you'd think.

Awww, I thought I checked the page for Guilty Gear a couple days ago and it was still on sale. I guess I missed it, back up to 1200. Not going to do the same for Darkstalkers though; that is getting bought as soon as I get home from work that morning.

[quote name='bajingo']The one thing holding me back is many reviews and comments saying it has terrible rubber banding AI, borderline cheating-has any patch fixed this? It ruins racing games for me and is what made Mario kart wii less than great for me.[/QUOTE]

That game (split/second) is decent but the AI DOES cheat. The rubber banding AI is a pain in the ass and the game gets pretty fucking hard/annoying. It actually made me rage quit a few times and that's saying something. Blur was a significantly better kart Racer that came out at virtually the same time.

That said, for $10 I'd say it's worth it. It's definitely a AAA game - at least as far as racers are concerned. There's enough fun to be had to justify the price.

[quote name='mikeja72']Why did they lock your account if you dont mind me asking? Is that only for the store or anything that has to do with your xbox live acct?[/QUOTE]
I ordered a 1200 point code when that thread came out. It got cancelled. Tried to order another, got a message I was locked. Just the stupid store account, not my actual XBL account.

[quote name='simmias']I ordered a 1200 point code when that thread came out. It got cancelled. Tried to order another, got a message I was locked. Just the stupid store account, not my actual XBL account.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay. If insitead of canceling orders they had just locked you out of all your previous purchases, that wouldve been incredibly harsh.

Anyone have any opinions on the Split/Second DLC? Those who have the game, are you interested in purchasing the DLC, or are you satisfied with the content without it?

[quote name='sassylaurie']Anyone have any opinions on the Split/Second DLC? Those who have the game, are you interested in purchasing the DLC, or are you satisfied with the content without it?[/QUOTE]
I decided to go ahead and throw down for the $2 car pack as well as the other car pack that's not on sale that's also $2. It's nice to have more choices, all of the cars have different strengths and handle pretty differently. It doesn't radically change the game or anything though.

[quote name='Tarheel76']Hey Gamers....a little off topic from the games on sale this week : I noticed by looking at xbldb that "Space Channel 5 Pt 2" has dropped to 400MSPs, (which isn't the 1st time based on its history), but I was wondering if anyone can remember back to when the "Sales + Special App" was up and running......wasn't this game part of a "loser offer" for 200MSPs ?? Would be great to hear from someone that perhaps purchased it back then or can remember a little bit better than myself.
I didn't know if xbldb also kept track of games that were part of the "Sales + Special App".
I also know the game is part of the Dreamcast Collection which can be found for cheap, but I already have "Crazy Taxi" from the Christmas holiday when it was offered for 200MSPs, and I'm not really interested in the other 2 games, "Bass Fishing" and "Sonic"...(especially since I already have Sonic on the "Ultimate Genesis Collection").....thanks in advance for your time, & help......GAME ON !![/QUOTE]

It was on sale as part of the S&S app, but it wasn't 200MSP. It was 400MSP.

http://xbldb.com/forums/topic/sales-and-specials-app

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I decided to go ahead and throw down for the $2 car pack as well as the other car pack that's not on sale that's also $2. It's nice to have more choices, all of the cars have different strengths and handle pretty differently. It doesn't radically change the game or anything though.[/QUOTE]

If you want to play this game online, you MUST own the DLC cars or have beaten the game and unlocked all the normal cars, but the DLC cars are better.

If you do not you'll be 20 plus seconds behind each race. There are a couple of free DLC cars that will keep you competitive but of course the pay cars are better.

[quote name='sassylaurie']What about the DLC? Worth it or no?[/QUOTE]

If you want to play online, you need to spend the $4 to get the 2 $2 DLC packs.

[quote name='Cleaner7']
Since I already own all the Alan Wake content (game + DLC + XBLA) I decided to pitch in a dollar and buy the Book avatar prop haha. Once I go through the game again I'll throw on my Alan Wake avatar outfit from the CE and pair it with the book. :)
[/QUOTE]

You could also go to humblebundle.com under the weekly deal section and buy the games on PC and get a bunch of free stuff with it.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Is Toy Story 3 any fun? $10 ain't bad.[/QUOTE]

It's one of the better movie games recently.
Campaign had some diversity, and toy box mode (a small open world) is pretty fun.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You could also go to humblebundle.com under the weekly deal section and buy the games on PC and get a bunch of free stuff with it.[/QUOTE]

I was planning on doing that as well :)

[quote name='francium34']It's one of the better movie games recently.
Campaign had some diversity, and toy box mode (a small open world) is pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

You sold me. Thanks.

Hey, can someone who got the free avatar item from the XBLA April promotion please tell me when you got the code in the email and who the sender was? I got my rebate, but must have missed the item redeem code email in my cluttered inbox.
Thanks

[quote name='Decker']Hey, can someone who got the free avatar item from the XBLA April promotion please tell me when you got the code in the email and who the sender was? I got my rebate, but must have missed the item redeem code email in my cluttered inbox.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I got my code on Friday, May 17th. The sender name is Xbox Live Rewards ([email protected]) and the subject title is "Time to punch out. Your rewards are here!"

Hope that helps!

[quote name='Revixe06']I went ahead and bought all of the dlc for the original Alan Wake. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]
I owned all the DLC, but sold the game, lol. I guess I'd be paying $5 (theoretically, but I'm a CAG:)) to play the DLC (since I need the game).

[quote name='chooka1']My understanding is the split second sale dlc includes new single player tracks and modes, no?[/QUOTE]

Only some of them, read the descriptions.

[quote name='Decker']Hey, can someone who got the free avatar item from the XBLA April promotion please tell me when you got the code in the email and who the sender was? I got my rebate, but must have missed the item redeem code email in my cluttered inbox.
Thanks[/QUOTE]
Definitely go back and check. I completely missed the email myself, but when I went to go look for it a few days ago, it was sitting there, unread.

Thanks for the info on the Punchcard Rewards, I'd totally forgotten about that. I have two codes in my email - what are they? I imagine they're both avatar items of some sort, but what?

[quote name='Rocksnake']I got my code on Friday, May 17th. The sender name is Xbox Live Rewards ([email protected]) and the subject title is "Time to punch out. Your rewards are here!"

Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

That did help. Found it. Thanks.

There are two codes. Redeemed the first for "Play To Win" whatever that is (can't tell on the iPad). Maybe it's a men's (and then a women's) shirt?

BTW it's ridiculous that they didn't send the code via Xbox message, or include it in the Xbox Rewards website. They expect you to watch your email inbox for a month in hopes of finding a code sent to you? Absurd.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Thanks for the info on the Punchcard Rewards, I'd totally forgotten about that. I have two codes in my email - what are they? I imagine they're both avatar items of some sort, but what?[/QUOTE]

One is for the couch avatar prop. It's actually neater than it sounds haha. The animation starts on the couch, but it gets better from there. The other code should be for 1 month of XBL gold.

[quote name='Rocksnake']One is for the couch avatar prop. It's actually neater than it sounds haha. The animation starts on the couch, but it gets better from there. The other code should be for 1 month of XBL gold.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Decker']Yup. Second code is 1 Month Gold.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks guys. :D

I pulled the trigger on Alan Wake and the two DLC episodes this morning. I just couldn't pass it up at that price. I still haven't touched the standalone American Nightmare I bought in a previous sale either. Anyone who has played through both have a recommendation as which to play first? My guess is that the logical choice is the main game should be played first but perhaps I'm wrong and I should go with A.Nightmare initially. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

[quote name='unveilmyeyes']picked up the Disney universe dlc, thanks for posting![/QUOTE]

I also bought them along with the main game. I missed out when BB had Disney Universe for $7.99 so I had to bite this time. I would've rather had a physical copy but I couldn't pass it up especially since I was able to stock up on points with the current sale. I ended up paying $5 out of pocket.

[quote name='chuckie88']I pulled the trigger on Alan Wake and the two DLC episodes this morning. I just couldn't pass it up at that price. I still haven't touched the standalone American Nightmare I bought in a previous sale either. Anyone who has played through both have a recommendation as which to play first? My guess is that the logical choice is the main game should be played first but perhaps I'm wrong and I should go with A.Nightmare initially. Any thoughts would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Play the main game first. AN is a mini-sequel.

American Nightmare's length for the main story left something to be desired but it's a purchase I don't regret at 4 bucks especially as a big Alan Wake fan. I got about 5 hours out of it and still intend to get every manuscript page for the achievo, and possibly the rest of the radios just for completion's sake. Also have barely cracked Arcade Mode which will add a few more hours playability. So I'm definitely getting my money's worth, will probably sink about 16 hours total into this. Considering I have a rule of 1 dollar per 1 hour of entertainment for video games, Am Nightmare is a great purchase at .25 cents per hour of entertainment.

And honestly I'd have paid 4 dollars just for that oil rig satellite scene w the kickass song playing.

This scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuA1nYubvAU

[quote name='gkrykewy']Play the main game first. AN is a mini-sequel.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for confirming my suspicion, that's the order I'll play in then.

[quote name='hotnikelz']anybody got any clue how much the discount for dark souls will be? im guessing in the 7-8 dollar range maybe[/QUOTE]
thats what I was wondering...its only 19.99 now so maybe 14.99, 1200 points...which if you got points from the ms store deal that'd only be $5 ;)

[quote name='hotnikelz']anybody got any clue how much the discount for dark souls will be? im guessing in the 7-8 dollar range maybe[/QUOTE]
I really hope to see the game half off (about 800msp). There's nothing confirmed, so we have to wait until tuesday.

[quote name='im_dany']I hope both Dark Souls and GRFS will be 50% off. Here that would mean 800MSP for each one :p[/QUOTE]

I'm about to start playing GRFS today and hope to finish it in a couple days. Here's hoping for a 50-83% off sale on the DLC this week and that my account gets unlocked from that MS Store snafu.

Picked up the Alan Wake Humble Bundle set. So sweet! Now I can finally delete the Night Falls episodes from my 360 HDD and clear up some space. I re-watched episode 1 the other day and always get sad about that deer. I really hope Remedy releases an Alan Wake 2 sometime over the Xbox One lifecycle. I will support their next game somehow. Even if I don't plan on buying an XB1 anytime soon.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Is Toy Story 3 any fun? $10 ain't bad.[/QUOTE]

Just seeing this so sorry but yes, if you have younger kids absolutely get Toy Story 3. Best kids game out there imo. If you're like 25 years old with no kids then I don't know why you'd buy this but it is fun to play along with kids, or just for the kids.

[quote name='zeb06']thats what I was wondering...its only 19.99 now so maybe 14.99, 1200 points...which if you got points from the ms store deal that'd only be $5 ;)[/QUOTE]

Totally forgot, we're gonna have to deal with bad calculations again because of the MS Store deal.

Speaking of the MS store and muscle flexing conversions, I picked up two codes and used them on both Banjo games for 10 bucks outta pocket. I was so tired of effin' waiting.

Maybe they'll go on sale for the rest of you now.

I guess twelve was my numbe so here are my remaining codes
here is the first one
XboxEMWA9ftaefphw
Posted it here because the other tread is filled with lurkers!

Demo-ed Rocketbowl, Matt Hazard and Jeremy McGrath Offroad this weekend. Rocketbowl was boring as hell and not worth 200 msp in the slightest and Matt Hazard just didn't grab my attention(or 400 msp). HOWEVER, McGrath Offroad reminded me of a Baja 1000 game I played on the SNES so I snatched that one up right away!!!

Looking forward to the Dance Central songs next week :)

I would think publishers would be really pushing for sales on all their stuff over the next six months. When the One comes out, users will (slowly) start migrating to another store with only a few games to get revenue from, right?

[quote name='hufferstl']I would think publishers would be really pushing for sales on all their stuff over the next six months. When the One comes out, users will (slowly) start migrating to another store with only a few games to get revenue from, right?[/QUOTE]
Dunno, MS hasn't really ironed out these details much like their "used game" policy on the X1 *SIGH*

According to Major Nelson - "The ability to trade in and resell games is important to gamers and to Xbox. Xbox One is designed to support the trade in and resale of games. Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future."...........thanks for the clarification on this whole used game fiasco MS :roll:

[quote name='hufferstl']I would think publishers would be really pushing for sales on all their stuff over the next six months. When the One comes out, users will (slowly) start migrating to another store with only a few games to get revenue from, right?[/QUOTE]

This is going to be the slowest generational transition in video game industry history. And honestly, it could turn out to mimic the transition from DVD to blu-ray, which never really hit. I am saying this as someone who will buy both systems. It's just not clear to me that in a world of $1 mobile games and $8/month unlimited movie streaming, enough people want new $400+ gaming machines anymore to justify AAA development budgets. We'll see, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back