XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='simmias']I ordered a 1200 point code when that thread came out. It got cancelled. Tried to order another, got a message I was locked. Just the stupid store account, not my actual XBL account.[/QUOTE]

I have exactly the same problem :(
Actually, your xbl account may not be locked out, but adding a new payment info might be blocked as well.
In other words and from what I understand, if you are an unfortunate (and proud?) owner of a locked account, you can't pay Microsoft directly through your account any more.
At least for me that's how it is atm...

In order to resolve this, there's no other way but to call their support... oh well...
Another way would be to leave it as is and buy MSP/Gold membership keys from 3rd party sellers (Amazon etc).

[quote name='johnpap']
In order to resolve this, there's no other way but to call their support... oh well...
Another way would be to leave it as is and buy MSP/Gold membership keys from 3rd party sellers (Amazon etc).[/QUOTE]

They locked my account too after cancelling my order. Thank goodness it's not my main account, but I bought a lot off the marketplace with it. Anyway, I just wanted to add that it won't let me add MSP anymore. If I try it on the website, I get an error. If I try it on the 360, it says my account has been locked from making purchases.

[quote name='Jaypx85']They locked my account too after cancelling my order. Thank goodness it's not my main account, but I bought a lot off the marketplace with it. Anyway, I just wanted to add that it won't let me add MSP anymore. If I try it on the website, I get an error. If I try it on the 360, it says my account has been locked from making purchases.[/QUOTE]

Same story. Not my main account but still I have bought tons of stuff with it.
Did you try to add MSP by redeeming a key bought from Amazon or another seller? I don't think that there's a lock on that.
Anyway, do not panic people :)
We're too many with the same issue and they can't ignore us.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Just seeing this so sorry but yes, if you have younger kids absolutely get Toy Story 3. Best kids game out there imo. If you're like 25 years old with no kids then I don't know why you'd buy this but it is fun to play along with kids, or just for the kids.[/QUOTE]

Even if you dont have kids Toy Story 3 is very fun to play. I have it on PS3 and I can say that I enjoyed it a lot. Just because its a game marketed towards kids it doesnt mean that older gamers wont enjoy it.

[quote name='johnpap']Same story. Not my main account but still I have bought tons of stuff with it.
Did you try to add MSP by using a key bought from Amazon or another seller? I don't think that there's a lock on that.
Anyway, do not panic people :)
We're too many with the same issue and they can't ignore us.[/QUOTE]

No, the key was from a Harmonix newsletter. It's probably not a retail key, but when I redeemed it on my regular account, it redeemed as a 160 MSP pre-paid card so I'm not really sure what it was.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Even if you dont have kids Toy Story 3 is very fun to play. I have it on PS3 and I can say that I enjoyed it a lot. Just because its a game marketed towards kids it doesnt mean that older gamers wont enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

For people with locked accounts like me, contact MS Support at 1-800-4MYXBOX and they'll submit a request to unlock it. I noticed there were a ton of transactions that tried to go through even though the site showed "technical difficulties" so it flagged my account to prevent it from fraudulent activity. It won't allow billing changes or code redemptions so I'm hoping they fix it this week since I want to buy the DC marathon packs.

[quote name='Cleaner7'] It won't allow billing changes or code redemptions so I'm hoping they fix it this week since I want to buy the DC marathon packs.[/QUOTE]

Some people managed to get their accounts unlocked by chatting with xbox support online. (didn't even know they had an online chat till the other day)

[quote name='kcobra22']Some people managed to get their accounts unlocked by chatting with xbox support online. (didn't even know they had an online chat till the other day)[/QUOTE]

That's very interesting. I will try their online chat!
Cheers! :applause:

Update: All good! I had a chat with a microsoft agent and she resolved my issue within a few minutes. :)
Thank you SO much kcobra22 for the enlightenment :D

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Is Toy Story 3 any fun? $10 ain't bad.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I just saw that it is a little less than a five hour game; that's dissapointing as I generally hear good things about it.

[quote name='ludwigfrech']I guess twelve was my numbe so here are my remaining codes. Posted it here because the other tread is filled with lurkers![/QUOTE]
And people are wondering why their accounts are getting locked out? I'd simply say to read the ToU or CoC or ToU&S, and see where you might've caught their attention. Also keep in mind that accruing all those points (from dissimilar email accounts and/or payment methods) into a single LiveID account might also trigger suspicion, so I'm predicting the drama is far from over.

Quick question for anybody who has a retail copy of Alan Wake, I remember reading somewhere that it came with the first DLC - the Signal free. Is this for a special edition or any new retail copy? I have the damn game somewhere but I can't find it and don't want to buy the DLC if my copy comes with a code. Thank you.

[quote name='bunck']Wow, I just saw that it is a little less than a five hour game; that's dissapointing as I generally hear good things about it.[/QUOTE]

It's not just five hours long. There's a whole Toy Box mode on top of the regular story mode. Toy Story 3 is a robust and great game IMO.

[quote name='the Gooseler']Quick question for anybody who has a retail copy of Alan Wake, I remember reading somewhere that it came with the first DLC - the Signal free. Is this for a special edition or any new retail copy? I have the damn game somewhere but I can't find it and don't want to buy the DLC if my copy comes with a code. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

All the regular retail editions had a code for The Signal in it. I don't know how long they did that for, but if you bought it within the first year, it probably has it.

[quote name='kcobra22']Some people managed to get their accounts unlocked by chatting with xbox support online. (didn't even know they had an online chat till the other day)[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I'll try that later today then since it seems quicker. Interesting enough the guy I spoke with on the phone mentioned the 1200 MSP deal for $5. We had a nice chat about games and he was very helpful. I wonder if people were locked because of the same reason I posted.

Didn't notice the GRFS DLC prices were announced. It's a fun game and I only paid $10 for it during the last major MS Store sale. I'll be picking up the DLC. Right now I'm enjoying co-op.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Would anyone recommend the Capcom All in One Arcade bundle?[/QUOTE]

I recommend it but it's bound to go on sale eventually. :)

i guess i'm the only one who thought space channel 5 pt2 was a terrible game (to clarify i think it had great aesthetics but just wasn't fun to play). i played it for the first time a year or two ago, and i thought it was awful. and i have loved many rhythm games in the past, frequency, parappa, etc. it's a game i would rather watch on youtube than actually play (not that i would ever actually do that lol just saying as a game it was not satisfying at all or entertaining to me). i wish i had played enough to see space MJ but i was just bored.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']i guess i'm the only one who thought space channel 5 pt2 was a terrible game (to clarify i think it had great aesthetics but just wasn't fun to play). i played it for the first time a year or two ago, and i thought it was awful. and i have loved many rhythm games in the past, frequency, parappa, etc. it's a game i would rather watch on youtube than actually play (not that i would ever actually do that lol just saying as a game it was not satisfying at all or entertaining to me). i wish i had played enough to see space MJ but i was just bored.[/QUOTE]
I don't like that game either, but a lot of people do, so I thought it was just me. I'm not specially good with rhythm games, but I've an S in every stage on the Osu Tatakae Ouendan games (DS) on level insane and also on Elite Beat Agents (great games btw).

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Can't decide if I should buy Skyrim DLC now or wait for a possible sale..[/QUOTE]

Im not buying anything till I find out what June's xbox reward is. Also in your case Im sure the dlc will go on sale fairly soon, since the complete edition is coming out.

I was thinking about buying Karateka, but then realized i got some average XBLA's on my backlog, which i doubt will touch anytime soon. Must resist adding another one. :lol:

Karateka's about 30-45 minutes long if you just want to get to the end, so you can easily get through it as quickly as it takes to get it into your backlog.

Speaking of backlogs, does anyone want to do a backlog support group? I would create a page for it. Maybe we can have a monthly or annual contest to go with it for a gift card or MSP as some extra incentive. Basically we could be encourage each other to work through our backlogs and at the end of the year give out prizes and stuff. I don't know. That Raptr Spring Cleaning challenge had me play through like 6 games in my backlog this month and it's felt really good. I planned on getting to them but it gave me some much needed motivation.

BTW Joe Danger 2 is REALLY fun! I 100% it as part of the challenge and now I started on the original to get more action. See? It really does work!

I like the idea, would be down to donate a $5 amazon or msp code every few months-dunno about 100% a game though that's pretty nuts for me usually. Mostly interested in running through some of these games in my library. I had to redownload all my games recently and have purchases from 2009 that I haven't even finished...

I picked up Toy Story 3, the series is my favorite Disney/Pixar franchise so I just couldnt resist :D

Really considering Alan Wake, but I'm not a huge fan of horror games...

[quote name='GamerDude316']I picked up Toy Story 3, the series is my favorite Disney/Pixar franchise so I just couldnt resist :D

Really considering Alan Wake, but I'm not a huge fan of horror games...[/QUOTE]

It's not much of a horror game. Think of the show twin peaks or twilight zone. It's horror in the way misery was horror... Even less so. It's more suspenseful than horror. Very little (or none) blood but I can't remember to be 100% accurate. I remember thinking that I was really not scared by anything in it... And I'm a wimp when it comes to scary movies and such.

[quote name='Althax']It's not much of a horror game. Think of the show twin peaks or twilight zone. It's horror in the way misery was horror... Even less so. It's more suspenseful than horror. Very little (or none) blood but I can't remember to be 100% accurate. I remember thinking that I was really not scared by anything in it... And I'm a wimp when it comes to scary movies and such.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Ive never been a huge suspense gamer either. I dunno, 400 MSP is a pretty good price on it though...

[quote name='Althax']It's not much of a horror game. Think of the show twin peaks or twilight zone. It's horror in the way misery was horror... Even less so. It's more suspenseful than horror. Very little (or none) blood but I can't remember to be 100% accurate. I remember thinking that I was really not scared by anything in it... And I'm a wimp when it comes to scary movies and such.[/QUOTE]

There's blood, but not during fights. It was after scripted events usually where people around you get attacked.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah, Ive never been a huge suspense gamer either. I dunno, 400 MSP is a pretty good price on it though...[/QUOTE]

I love suspense but am not a fan of horror (blood, etc.). I'm currently about halfway through Alan Wake and it's in the running for top game of the generation for me. If you don't like the genre(s), there's definitely a chance you won't like it, but I think it does so many things right that it may transcend genre and you may enjoy it anyway. I would say for 400 MSP, go for it, especially if you got in on the discounted MSP this weekend.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Speaking of backlogs, does anyone want to do a backlog support group? I would create a page for it. Maybe we can have a monthly or annual contest to go with it for a gift card or MSP as some extra incentive. Basically we could be encourage each other to work through our backlogs and at the end of the year give out prizes and stuff. I don't know. That Raptr Spring Cleaning challenge had me play through like 6 games in my backlog this month and it's felt really good. I planned on getting to them but it gave me some much needed motivation.

BTW Joe Danger 2 is REALLY fun! I 100% it as part of the challenge and now I started on the original to get more action. See? It really does work![/QUOTE]

There is actually a thread like this already, but for whatever reason it's stuck in the PC section so nobody seems to notice it. I've been taking part, but everyone else seems to have given up/left/forgotten:cry:

So if you or anybody else wants to start one, go right ahead and I'll be there too. Or I can start one, whatever works;)

PS: this is what I was talking about:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342769

[quote name='Cleaner7']Speaking of backlogs, does anyone want to do a backlog support group? I would create a page for it. Maybe we can have a monthly or annual contest to go with it for a gift card or MSP as some extra incentive. Basically we could be encourage each other to work through our backlogs and at the end of the year give out prizes and stuff. I don't know. That Raptr Spring Cleaning challenge had me play through like 6 games in my backlog this month and it's felt really good. I planned on getting to them but it gave me some much needed motivation.

BTW Joe Danger 2 is REALLY fun! I 100% it as part of the challenge and now I started on the original to get more action. See? It really does work![/QUOTE]

the idea is interesting. my problem is i switch between my game backlog and tvshow/movie backlog. lol.

[quote name='bajingo']I like the idea, would be down to donate a $5 amazon or msp code every few months-dunno about 100% a game though that's pretty nuts for me usually. Mostly interested in running through some of these games in my library. I had to redownload all my games recently and have purchases from 2009 that I haven't even finished...[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I was thinking about with MSP/Amazon/BestBuy or whatever kind of gift cards we can agree on or XBL Gold subscriptions and possibly cheaper retail games. My 100% comment was not meant towards the group but more as a personal accomplishment. The qualifier for prizes would be to complete at least the main mode/campaign or whatever or something similar. And it would be geared specifically to consoles. To be honest, I wouldn't mind limiting it to 360/XBLA games and possibly tie it to this thread such as maybe giving bonus entries for games on sale that month. For instance, you would get a bonus entry for each D3 published game you complete or Alan Wake/AN or GRFS or Dance Central game. That way new games we purchase technically don't go to the end of our backlog and get played immediately. But a lot of us also have a PS3/PSN games so I would be open to that too.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']There is actually a thread like this already, but for whatever reason it's stuck in the PC section so nobody seems to notice it. I've been taking part, but everyone else seems to have given up/left/forgotten:cry:

So if you or anybody else wants to start one, go right ahead and I'll be there too. Or I can start one, whatever works;)

PS: this is what I was talking about:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342769[/QUOTE]

Like I was saying, it would probably exclude PC games because my PC backlog is ridiculous plus I feel no need to really conquer it with Steam and my ability to play them basically anytime regardless of console generation and lack of backwards compatibility. Also, I would create a CAG group rather than a thread so it would be more private.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']the idea is interesting. my problem is i switch between my game backlog and tvshow/movie backlog. lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you so I understand but games are my priority since that's a bigger list.

I know this is late timing but if I get interest from a few more people I think I could get the group going by this weekend or Monday for the start of June. I'll probably start working on a group page in a few days since I'll be off then.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']A lot of discounts on all the Minecraft Avatarstuff is going on right now oO 3 pages with stuff for that and one seems to be gold exclusive lol oO[/QUOTE]

I think those may be price drops, but there's also an "Avatar Clearance Sale" on the dash with pets and some animations for 50% off. I don't think they're on Spylon's site since they're not tied to any game(?)

By the way, has anyone else heard any rumors that the next Xbox won't support the current avatars or avatar items? (Not that I'm all that interested In it after all the craptastic DRM in the reveal.)

[quote name='Cleaner7']Speaking of backlogs, does anyone want to do a backlog support group? I would create a page for it. Maybe we can have a monthly or annual contest to go with it for a gift card or MSP as some extra incentive. Basically we could be encourage each other to work through our backlogs and at the end of the year give out prizes and stuff...[/QUOTE]
I'd be down for participating, let me know if you get this going.

Maybe we could all donate completed games from our backlogs to the winners? ;)

[quote name='Cleaner7']Yeah that's what I was thinking about with MSP/Amazon/BestBuy or whatever kind of gift cards we can agree on or XBL Gold subscriptions and possibly cheaper retail games. My 100% comment was not meant towards the group but more as a personal accomplishment. The qualifier for prizes would be to complete at least the main mode/campaign or whatever or something similar. And it would be geared specifically to consoles. To be honest, I wouldn't mind limiting it to 360/XBLA games and possibly tie it to this thread such as maybe giving bonus entries for games on sale that month. For instance, you would get a bonus entry for each D3 published game you complete or Alan Wake/AN or GRFS or Dance Central game. That way new games we purchase technically don't go to the end of our backlog and get played immediately. But a lot of us also have a PS3/PSN games so I would be open to that too.

Like I was saying, it would probably exclude PC games because my PC backlog is ridiculous plus I feel no need to really conquer it with Steam and my ability to play them basically anytime regardless of console generation and lack of backwards compatibility. Also, I would create a CAG group rather than a thread so it would be more private.

I'm in the same boat as you so I understand but games are my priority since that's a bigger list.

I know this is late timing but if I get interest from a few more people I think I could get the group going by this weekend or Monday for the start of June. I'll probably start working on a group page in a few days since I'll be off then.[/QUOTE]

ok sounds good for me, let me know when you get it together. I don't really care if there is a prize or not really, I just want a place to discuss without being completely OT (not that that has ever stopped me:cold:). Either way count me in, I'm almost done with my May titles (stuck in Folklore....don't ask, I'd rather not have to talk about that game), but after that I like the idea of playing a game as a group:)

[quote name='chuckie88']I'd be down for participating, let me know if you get this going.

Maybe we could all donate completed games from our backlogs to the winners? ;)[/QUOTE]

Me too, I'm down. My question though is when are you done with a game? Is is complete once you max out your cheevos or just once you complete the main story?

Anyways my backlog is starting to own me less and less thankfully. Been finishing games like mad the last three weeks, getting rid of all my half finished efforts. So far I've knocked down Alan Wake, Alpha Protocol (really good btw - don't know why it was so hated), Max Payne 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Limbo, Shadow Complex, Batman: Arkham City, Bioshock, Shank and Splosion Man. And just finished Red Dead Redemption last night - amazing ending. Though my reasoning for all this gaming time is that I'm going through a break-up at the moment with my partner of 8 years so gaming is keeping me sane at the moment.

Hmm hopefully there are some extra sales to but at least hoping Dark Souls is going to be 800

Lol not sure why my post added a ps3 logo

^^

the first one The Signal was included with all new copies to my knowledge.

EDIT: yep that's the case:

The Signal is an additional Alan Wake episode released via DLC. The DLC was free to all those who bought a new copy of Alan Wake, but for those who rented or bought a pre-owned copy, the price of the DLC is 560 MSP. It was released on 27th July 2010.
http://alanwake.wikia.com/wiki/Special_1:_The_Signal_(Alan_Wake)

thanks. i'll have to see if I can download it off the disk so I can play it on my games on demand copy I just bought.

edit: just popped it open and it was a good. thanks again.

[quote name='vamn']By the way, has anyone else heard any rumors that the next Xbox won't support the current avatars or avatar items? (Not that I'm all that interested In it after all the craptastic DRM in the reveal.)[/QUOTE]

That's super unlikely since Windows 8 and Windows Phone both support avatars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back