XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skonson']Darkstalkers Resurrection has also gone live for 800 pts.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I think I'll restrain myself until 6/1 just in case it could be relevant to the June rewards.

I've been curious about Dark Souls for a while. I hear you have to invest crazy time and devotion in it to be even remotely successful. But, for 800 points.......maybe.

I bought points to use on Gunslinger, but that seems like a game to wait for a sale on. So now I have points burning a hole in my pocket. (and no, you can't have them :) )

[quote name='tylerh1701']Texas Cheat'em came out 4 years ago, which helps explain the god awful UI.

They must have taken down and re-uploaded the file or something, that's why xbox.com says it came out in February 2013. Never trust xbox.com's dates.[/QUOTE]

Hah, I'm too lazy to look but you're probably right. I wonder why they'd do that. Perhaps for a brief instance, they thought the game wasn't worth selling.

[quote name='t4nd4r']What's up with the Jeremy McGrath deal? Did it end early for some reason?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it did, for no apparent reason. That's slightly aggravating, but I've missed out on deals for better games. All I can do is try a little harder to break the habit of waiting 'til the last minute - this isn't the first time something like this has happened recently, as far as I can remember anyway.

[quote name='skonson']Ta. Updated the OP along with the NBA 2K13 sale and Kinect Sports Season Two price. Someone smarter than me please decide what to do with the Dance Central/Minecraft Avatar stuff please.

Oh and buying Dark Souls now btw.

Edit: Just a note, at least on the Canadian Xbox Live if you buy Dark Souls on your console it still shows up as $19.99 at the moment. Works fine on the website though. So if you have any issues just go there. Downloading now. Looking forward to being up all night cursing at my controller[/QUOTE]

I'll get the Dance Central/Minecraft stuff in there right now. In the OP.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Might be a dumb question but will my Dark Souls save from my disc version work on the GoD version?[/QUOTE]

It should, I don't see why it shouldn't cause it's the same game.

hmm, guess I will pass on Dark Souls. I still have a ton of Demon's Souls to play through, so I expect I can eventually get a physical copy for less than $10. Had it been $5 like Alan Wake, probably would have thought different, but oh well, less wood for the backlog fire;)

[quote name='gaelan'] Hmm dark souls DLC still 1200 on the website?

Also they added GoD for: Metal Gear Rising, DmC, and MUD all 49.99 each
[/QUOTE]

Did you try to click buy? I had to click that to get it to show up discounted.

So everything is in the OP. Does the Dance Central 2/3 content need to be sorted by game? Or does all the DLC work on both games?

Also, should we spoiler the Dance Central stuff? It's a pretty big list.

[quote name='weeman43302']Did you try to click buy? I had to click that to get it to show up discounted.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's still showing the full price instead of 600 msp on both Xbox and the site for me...the full game is showing the discount fine now but not the DLC.

[quote name='tylerh1701']So everything is in the OP. Does the Dance Central 2/3 content need to be sorted by game? Or does all the DLC work on both games?

Also, should we spoiler the Dance Central stuff? It's a pretty big list.[/QUOTE]

Put a "spoiler" on it.

[quote name='zeb06']Yeah it's still showing the full price instead of 600 msp on both Xbox and the site for me...the full game is showing the discount fine now but not the DLC.[/QUOTE]

I misread that as the full game. Yeah I haven't seen the dlc discounted yet either.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Dark souks for $10? Sure why not, my decision is much easier after all these cheap ms points.[/QUOTE]

Haha exactly...less than $5 out of pocket for a full game, highly rated too. It plus the DLC if it ever drops to the 600 its supposed to be is only $5-6 out of pocket with the cheap points lol.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Thanks. I think I'll restrain myself until 6/1 just in case it could be relevant to the June rewards.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. That movie/tv promo is going through June. I can be wrong though but Microsoft tends to screw things up when a promo they do is pretty good.

I am planning some of my purchases and one of the things I want to do is play through the Mass Effect trilogy in the next few months. I already own all three on disc for 360, but for convenience I am going to get Mass Effect 1 on demand since it's only 1200 points.

My real question is which single-player DLC is worth getting. For the first game, I already have Bring Down the Sky, and have read that Pinnacle Station is not worth it. Is that true?

For the second game, I plan to get Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi, and Overlord. Are those the right ones to get? Are there others that are worth it as well?

For the third game, I think I'm going to hold off as there could be a sale by the time I get to the game.

[quote name='illennium']I am planning some of my purchases and one of the things I want to do is play through the Mass Effect trilogy in the next few months. I already own all three on disc for 360, but for convenience I am going to get Mass Effect 1 on demand since it's only 1200 points.

My real question is which single-player DLC is worth getting. For the first game, I already have Bring Down the Sky, and have read that Pinnacle Station is not worth it. Is that true?

For the second game, I plan to get Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi, and Overlord. Are those the right ones to get? Are there others that are worth it as well?

For the third game, I think I'm going to hold off as there could be a sale by the time I get to the game.[/QUOTE]

IMO, the truly essential Mass Effect DLCs are Kasumi, Lair of the Shadow Broker, From Ashes, and Citadel.

Next tier (good but not essential) is Bring Down the Sky, Overlord, and Leviathan.

The ones that you might want to skip (for completionists only) are Pinnacle Station, Arrival, and Omega.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']IMO, the truly essential Mass Effect DLCs are Kasumi, Lair of the Shadow Broker, From Ashes, and Citadel.

Next tier (good but not essential) is Bring Down the Sky, Overlord, and Leviathan.

The ones that you might want to skip (for completionists only) are Pinnacle Station, Arrival, and Omega.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks. Very helpful. I will probably get the first and second tier ones that you listed, and skip the third.

Not sure if you guys have finished editing it yet, but I don't think the Dance Central sale list in the OP is complete. I haven't looked up all of the "Dance Pack XX" ones yet, but most of them seem to be on sale for 160 points (I'm positive 9, 10, and 11 are). Considering you get at least 4 songs for that price (9 songs for DP 11), that's a way better deal than even bothering with them individually.

EDIT - Damn, even the marathon packs are 160 points. Considering those have 14 and 15 songs respectively, that's a ridiculous deal for people who don't have them already.

EDIT 2 - Yeah, it looks very similar to the Rock Band sale. Pretty much any pre-Dance Central 3 content is on clearance. So, anybody new to this content, your best bet would be getting Marathon Pack 1 and Marathon Pack 2, and then starting with Dance Pack 08 (which is where the DC2 DLC starts). You could basically get all of the DC1 + DC2 DLC for under 800msp.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']IMO, the truly essential Mass Effect DLCs are Kasumi, Lair of the Shadow Broker, From Ashes, and Citadel.

The ones that you might want to skip (for completionists only) are Pinnacle Station, Arrival, and Omega.[/QUOTE]

Arrival may not be FUN, but it's absolutely essential for story sake. Mass Effect 3's beginning hinges on the events of Arrival.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not sure if you guys have finished editing it yet, but I don't think the Dance Central sale list in the OP is complete. I haven't looked up all of the "Dance Pack XX" ones yet, but most of them seem to be on sale for 160 points (I'm positive 9, 10, and 11 are). Considering you get at least 4 songs for that price (9 songs for DP 11), that's a way better deal than even bothering with them individually.

EDIT - Damn, even the marathon packs are 160 points. Considering those have 14 and 15 songs respectively, that's a ridiculous deal for people who don't have them already.[/QUOTE]

It's not, xbldb still seems to be picking things up. Harmonix published an official list of everything on sale, but I don't see the stuff you're mentioning. Maybe those are errors and should be picked up right away by those wanting them:

http://www.dancecentral.com/dlc-sale-may

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not sure if you guys have finished editing it yet, but I don't think the Dance Central sale list in the OP is complete. I haven't looked up all of the "Dance Pack XX" ones yet, but most of them seem to be on sale for 160 points (I'm positive 9, 10, and 11 are). Considering you get at least 4 songs for that price (9 songs for DP 11), that's a way better deal than even bothering with them individually.

EDIT - Damn, even the marathon packs are 160 points. Considering those have 14 and 15 songs respectively, that's a ridiculous deal for people who don't have them already.

EDIT 2 - Yeah, it looks very similar to the Rock Band sale. Pretty much any pre-Dance Central 3 content is on clearance. So, anybody new to this content, your best bet would be getting Marathon Pack 1 and Marathon Pack 2, and then starting with Dance Pack 08 (which is where the DC2 DLC starts). You could basically get all of the DC1 + DC2 DLC for under 800msp.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your 2nd edit. I have DC2 but have never played it. I will look into these packs that you're talking about, seems like very good prices.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks for your 2nd edit. I have DC2 but have never played it. I will look into these packs that you're talking about, seems like very good prices.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, once I saw that, I was like "shit...that's worth mentioning", lol. It makes the individual song list basically negligible. It does almost make me wonder if it's a mistake. I don't know why they'd put the entire packs (especially the ones with 10+ songs) on sale for the sale price as many of these songs are individually. $2 for 15 songs is insane!

It's also worth noting that the older DLC will play in newer games, but not vice versa (ie. DC1/DC2 DLC will work in DC2/DC3, but DC3 DLC will not work in DC2 and DC2 DLC will not work in DC1).

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Haha, yeah, once I saw that, I was like "shit...that's worth mentioning", lol. It makes the individual song list basically negligible. It does almost make me wonder if it's a mistake. I don't know why they'd put the entire packs (especially the ones with 10+ songs) on sale for the sale price as many of these songs are individually. $2 for 15 songs is insane![/QUOTE]

Neither Marathon Pack is letting me complete my transaction online. Maybe it was a mistake and they've already caught it.

EDIT: Now it let me buy it, and charged me 1400 MSP. Cute Microsoft.

Tried to buy the marathon packs for dc wont let me says the deal has changed n i need to clear my cache n reboot so they caught on to the price mistake

[quote name='tylerh1701']Neither Marathon Pack is letting me complete my transaction online. Maybe it was a mistake and they've already caught it.

EDIT: Now it let me buy it, and charged me 1400 MSP. Cute Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

Wow...that's messed up. I would raise hell about that. I got through with Dance Pack 10...but yeah, it won't let me purchase 11. You'd think by the final months of the system, they would know how to input prices for a sale by now... Good fucking grief. :roll:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow...that's messed up. I would raise hell about that. I got through with Dance Pack 10...but yeah, it won't let me purchase 11. You'd think by the final months of the system, they would know how to input prices for a sale by now... Good fucking grief. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm chatting with them and they should have my refund within 72 hours, I'm glad I contacted them right away so I could still show them the error on the store page. But I'm still surprised how many errors pop up on both the XBL and PSN store this far along into the generation.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Thanks. I think I'll restrain myself until 6/1 just in case it could be relevant to the June rewards.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Almost went ahead and got it, but right before confirming the purchase, I remembered that I needed to wait for the rewards update.

[quote name='tylerh1701']But I'm still surprised how many errors pop up on both the XBL and PSN store this far along into the generation.[/QUOTE]

The best is when a new DLC comes out for a game in the morning, but no one can get achievements in it because they don't get around to adding the achievements to the online database until late in the afternoon. You'd think that after several years they'd have some kind of procedure in place to have things ready in advance.

[quote name='illennium']I am planning some of my purchases and one of the things I want to do is play through the Mass Effect trilogy in the next few months. I already own all three on disc for 360, but for convenience I am going to get Mass Effect 1 on demand since it's only 1200 points.

For the third game, I think I'm going to hold off as there could be a sale by the time I get to the game.[/QUOTE]

For ME1 Bring Down The Sky is all you need.

For ME2, Lair of the Shadow Broker is a MUST. I also recommend Kasumi and Overlord, giving the slight edge to Overlord. Arrival is decent but ultimately not worth it. Do you have the Cerberus Network? There's some DLC there that's good as well.

For ME3 you MUST get Citadel (and if you enjoy the series at all by then don't wait for a sale, it's easily worth it's 1200 MSP asking price) and I would also recommend From Ashes for some extra depth to the game. Leviathan and Omega I would resist until sales.

Yay! I got through with most of the Dance Pack sales and the 2 Marathon packs. such a steal! I'm happy I got on the offer before they changed it. Loooove me some new choreography. XD

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The best is when a new DLC comes out for a game in the morning, but no one can get achievements in it because they don't get around to adding the achievements to the online database until late in the afternoon. You'd think that after several years they'd have some kind of procedure in place to have things ready in advance.[/QUOTE]

I still don't have all the achievements in The Walking Dead because of that. I just never felt like redownloading my profile and playing through that chapter again. It's annoying though so I'll probably do it soon.

[quote name='GamerDude316']For ME1 Bring Down The Sky is all you need.

For ME2, Lair of the Shadow Broker is a MUST. I also recommend Kasumi and Overlord, giving the slight edge to Overlord. Arrival is decent but ultimately not worth it. Do you have the Cerberus Network? There's some DLC there that's good as well.

For ME3 you MUST get Citadel (and if you enjoy the series at all by then don't wait for a sale, it's easily worth it's 1200 MSP asking price) and I would also recommend From Ashes for some extra depth to the game. Leviathan and Omega I would resist until sales.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Very helpful.

Oh wow. Might grab Ghost Recon for $5 (Thanks to the 1200 points for $5 thread).. I had a lot of fun with the multiplayer beta.

I would heartily recommend Leviathan for what it adds to the backstory and ending of ME3...

But yeah, what others have said (Shadow Broker, From Ashes, etc). Still need to pick up Citadel and Omega and in light of the recent MSP sale, that'll be sooner rather than later.

I bet people are going to go hogwild buying DLC this week, all flush with their glitchy MSP from the microsoftstore.

(I know I plan to:))

[quote name='Hellhunt']I bet people are going to go hogwild buying DLC this week, all flush with their glitchy MSP from the microsoftstore.

(I know I plan to:))[/QUOTE]

I only got 2 of them, and half that is gone already with Alan Wake/Dark Souls. The rest I'm saving for State of Decay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back