XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started Dark Souls and have already been handed my ass a couple times in the first 10 minutes. I am looking forward to getting further into it, although this animation priority thing is going to take some getting used to. I'm not sure I've ever played a game that uses it.

[quote name='LordVila']The DLC isn't required but it is well worth it. It has some amazing new bosses in it. Just keep in mind that the DLC doesn't have any achievements.[/QUOTE]
Well, I guess I'll buy and try the complete game first and see if I like it that much to need a DLC for it, thanks! :)

[quote name='Canaanite']Sleeping Dogs is tempting, but $83 of DLC...I'll wait for GOTY edition or something :([/QUOTE]

Square Enix don't do GOTY editions...or something.

[quote name='illennium']I just started Dark Souls and have already been handed my ass a couple times in the first 10 minutes. I am looking forward to getting further into it, although this animation priority thing is going to take some getting used to. I'm not sure I've ever played a game that uses it.[/QUOTE]
You've probably also never played a game that drops into the 10 framespersecond category either. A lot firsts for me were had in this game

Dark Souls has been on my to buy list for a while, so I'm pretty happy about this week. The others are somewhat tempting, but I don't think I'm going to pull the trigger on them.

[quote name='Coraline12']Is alan wake still 400 MSP?[/QUOTE]

You could've just gone to Xbox.com and found out for yourself. Yes, yes it is.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']I played it yesterday and I found a match pretty quick. I played about 2 hours online and there were always different people joining the game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. I LOVED the base game when it came out - single and multiplayer, but I didn't have any of the expansions. I think I'll pick them up. If people would stop playing CoD for long enough to try something that takes a different approach, they might find they like this game. The gameplay is just the right blend of tactical and arcade for me.

Picked up NBA 2K13 GoD for equivalent of $10 out-of-pocket for the two codes I bought from the now-defunct $10 MS Store coupon codes.

I also bought Dark Souls. Love GoD so I don't have to change out discs, although my hard drive space is taking a hit. Down to 90GB on my 320GB drive.;)

[quote name='Coraline12']Is alan wake still 400 MSP?[/QUOTE]
Yup, as Ooga say, you could go to the webpage, and then you would see that the game is still 400msp but all the DLC is full price again.

It was a surprise to still see the game with it's price reduced.
[quote name='SilentBob50023']Picked up NBA 2K13 GoD for equivalent of $10 out-of-pocket for the two codes I bought from the now-defunct $10 MS Store coupon codes.

I also bought Dark Souls. Love GoD so I don't have to change out discs, although my hard drive space is taking a hit. Down to 90GB on my 320GB drive.;)[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean mate, I have only about 50GB free out of a 320GB HD.

[quote name='SilentBob50023'] Love GoD so I don't have to change out discs, although my hard drive space is taking a hit. Down to 90GB on my 320GB drive.;)[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I find i'm about 20 times more likely to play something if I don't have to dig out the disc.

[quote name='SilentBob50023']Picked up NBA 2K13 GoD for equivalent of $10 out-of-pocket for the two codes I bought from the now-defunct $10 MS Store coupon codes. [/QUOTE]
i considered this, then realized the servers for online will shut down in a few months anyway, so i'm better off waiting till october and spending $20 real dollars on 2k14, since it should come out same day as in stores (2k13 did)

[quote name='SonicXtreme']i considered this, then realized the servers for online will shut down in a few months anyway, so i'm better off waiting till october and spending $20 real dollars on 2k14, since it should come out same day as in stores (2k13 did)[/QUOTE]

The servers for 2K13 won't shut off for at least another year.

[quote name='Tsel']The servers for 2K13 won't shut off for at least another year.[/QUOTE]

2k12 servers were shut down in November 2012 with no prior announcement. Thus, unless you have info that says otherwise, it is safer to assume they'll do the same this year.

I'm thinking about picking up Dark Souls...but we just got Demon's Souls on PS+ and I haven't played it yet. Which one came first? If I enjoy Demon's Souls will I enjoy Dark Souls?

[quote name='gldoorii']I'm thinking about picking up Dark Souls...but we just got Demon's Souls on PS+ and I haven't played it yet. Which one came first? If I enjoy Demon's Souls will I enjoy Dark Souls?[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls is the first game.

[quote name='SilentBob50023']Picked up NBA 2K13 GoD for equivalent of $10 out-of-pocket for the two codes I bought from the now-defunct $10 MS Store coupon codes.

I also bought Dark Souls. Love GoD so I don't have to change out discs, although my hard drive space is taking a hit. Down to 90GB on my 320GB drive.;)[/QUOTE]

After buying dark souls,cars 2, Disney universe and epic Mickey 2 I'm down to 15 gb out of 320 gb.Damn you Microsoft for not making a 500 gb or 1 Tb

I was fully vested in the Dark Souls world, tons of hours in... until I came to set a of bosses that more or less required me to "go human" to get help and then was preyed upon constantly by other players, most of which had MUCH better armor. That's when I gave up. and DS went shovel-deep into the backlog.

[quote name='Sanges99']I was fully vested in the Dark Souls world, tons of hours in... until I came to set a of bosses that more or less required me to "go human" to get help and then was preyed upon constantly by other players, most of which had MUCH better armor. That's when I gave up. and DS went shovel-deep into the backlog.[/QUOTE]

I know what you're talking about . That part is soloable but you gotta prep.
That's also one of the most pvp intensive areas of the game.
You're really missing out by moving through, game has some amazing moments after that.

One of my favorite things about Dark Souls is the massive draw distance in the game. When you get up to really high points you can make out landmarks from places you have been and places you are heading to next. It really gives the game a nice connected feeling to it.

[quote name='Sanges99']I was fully vested in the Dark Souls world, tons of hours in... until I came to set a of bosses that more or less required me to "go human" to get help and then was preyed upon constantly by other players, most of which had MUCH better armor. That's when I gave up. and DS went shovel-deep into the backlog.[/QUOTE]

If you start the game in a party, even without anyone else in it, it will start you in offline mode. Really handy for boss fights, or getting a bunch of kindling done.

got 2400 MS points yesterday using that $10 off code. Thing is I don't know what I should buy. Right now I am interested in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Devil May Cry HD Collection, and Dishonored. What do you guys recommend? Any other suggestions would be great too.

The new call of Juarez arcade game is pretty fun. Kind of like old west borderlands+max Payne slow down. I'm digging it so far and am near the end I think

The feeling of beating them solo was worth the effort. That was an epic battle!

I found this really annoying in the Xbox version. I just wanted to play with a friend and a guy joins my game, kills me, and kills an npc/campfire.

Not being able to use party chat also sucks because they game just isn't that fun to be playing by yourself for many hours. I like talking to people.

[quote name='Stepith Bloodia']I'm really tempted to get Dark Souls. Either that or Castlestorm?

Trouble with Dark Souls is who would play that one with me?[/QUOTE]

You don't need anyone to play DS with you. I sunk many moons into it all by my lonesome. Still haven't beaten it. I can't decide if I want to get the DLC or if I'd never get around to it.

[quote name='Halo05']You don't need anyone to play DS with you. I sunk many moons into it all by my lonesome. Still haven't beaten it. I can't decide if I want to get the DLC or if I'd never get around to it.[/QUOTE]

Ah, alright then. Gives me some sliver of hope then hmhm

[quote name='hotpocket']Anyone think BattleBlock Theater is in danger of going on sale soon? Might buy it tonight.[/QUOTE]

I don't think soon, but it will eventually. It's an MS Studios published game, and they do lots of sales.

As a reference, it did take Castle Crashers over a year to go on sale, but it went on sale many many times after its first sale. I don't think Battleblock Theater was as successful as Castle Crashers at release, but I'm sure it have been fairly successful and I don't see it going down in price anytime real soon. It hasn't even been 2 full months since it released, so I think its still got a while.

That's just 100% speculation there.

[quote name='Halo05']You don't need anyone to play DS with you. I sunk many moons into it all by my lonesome. Still haven't beaten it. I can't decide if I want to get the DLC or if I'd never get around to it.[/QUOTE]
You're going to need to beat the game if you want to play the DLC. You need the final bosses soul

I'm guessing Battleblock Theater didn't do nearly as good as Castle Crashers in sales so they may have it on sale soon (to get people interested in it.)

Anybody think Ghost Recon would be a good purchase? Is the multiplayer still alive? I was gonna get the Dark Souls DLC but I pretty much had the same problem as the other guy. Being forced to go human by an unbeatable boss then getting invaded by a super-dildo and killed. Still one of my favorite games though

[quote name='Takahashi Takumi']I'm guessing Battleblock Theater didn't do nearly as good as Castle Crashers in sales so they may have it on sale soon (to get people interested in it.)[/QUOTE]

It sold over 100,000 in its first two weeks so it did well enough

[quote name='Takahashi Takumi']I stand corrected. Though Castle Crashers surpassed 100k sales in under it's first 3 days.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't correcting you since you said "as good", I was just pointing out that it did well ;)

EDIT: Damn so the Dark Souls add-on really has no achievements. That sucks, would have been nice to hear the pop for the new bosses.

My guess is the soonest we'll see a BBT sale is around the holidays. Maybe "Back to School" season. It was enough of a high-profile release that I don't see either the Behemoth or Microsoft rushing to mark it down. The usual disclaimer: I could be completely full of crap, and sometimes totally am.

Unrelated, I want Sine Mora to go on sale again.

Ah, just got Dark Souls. Wonder if it's worth buying the DLC along with it, but then again I have a lot of backlog from other games I've bought this month. Really tempted to buy, can anyone recommend it?

[quote name='gotdott']It sold over 100,000 in its first two weeks so it did well enough[/QUOTE]

The Behemoth recently announced it has passed the 200,00 mark.

If anyone has BBT and missed the Behemoth chicken head star character then you can get it now as part of the company's 10th birthday. No beating Furbottom requirement.

[quote name='mclovin_it']got 2400 MS points yesterday using that $10 off code. Thing is I don't know what I should buy. Right now I am interested in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Devil May Cry HD Collection, and Dishonored. What do you guys recommend? Any other suggestions would be great too.[/QUOTE]

Looking at your avatar, I would wholeheartedly recommend Dark Souls and its DLC if you do not have them yet. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls both do a fair amount of references to the epic dark fantasy manga series Berserk, as is documented here.

http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t10856-berserk-references

As a bonus, the Dark Souls GonD and its Artorias of the Abyss DLC are both currently on sale this week for 50% off (800 MSP and 600 MSP respectively). I will say that these games are quite difficult and you will die often, but being a fan of challenges, RPG's, and the aesthetics of the Berserk universe, they really are both rewarding experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Takahashi Takumi']Anybody think Ghost Recon would be a good purchase? Is the multiplayer still alive? I was gonna get the Dark Souls DLC but I pretty much had the same problem as the other guy. Being forced to go human by an unbeatable boss then getting invaded by a super-dildo and killed. Still one of my favorite games though[/QUOTE]

Someone mentioned that they played multiplayer and had no trouble finding a match. But it's likely not as lively as months ago - though hopefully a sale like this injects some life into it.

Strange, all my PvP moments in Dark Souls have been awesome. Although I did attack the first person who entered my world as they were red and scary looking, but they were trying to help in the end and I apologized. The second time this guy who looked like a God came into my world. Big, red, muscular, and wearing no armour. He had some horns and he just walked around and posed, then he grabbed a gigantic hammer and pummeled some corpses, it was really quite funny actually. And I was glad there was no voice chat as it would have ruined that moment. And then I had two other people come into my world just before the 1st bell. I didn't even realize how inviting people into your world works. But they came in, slaughtered everyone and then killed the two griffins for me in a heartbeat. Squashed them like they were bugs and for a moment I felt bad as I felt like my 5 year old nephew who often hands me his controller so i can beat some level. For a second Dark Souls became a cakewalk and that's no way to play it.

[quote name='mrarellano4']Ah, just got Dark Souls. Wonder if it's worth buying the DLC along with it, but then again I have a lot of backlog from other games I've bought this month. Really tempted to buy, can anyone recommend it?[/QUOTE]

it's not worth buying if you're unsure of how much devotion you can put into the game. accessing the dlc takes a lot of effort. with that said it's top notch as far as dlc goes.

Grabbed Dark souls and the dlc and after not playing for such a long time i completely forgot what to do and where to go .. Lol!

In for Dance Central DLCs, ty for the breakdown. Only got Pack 12 & 13 since DC3 moves are more on par with real dance moves than DC1 and DC2.

Picked up Darkstalkers, wanted to get it for a while so a five dollar discount was good enough for me, looking forward to playing it online with my friend later on.

According to xbldb, A bunch of EA's season passes are free now to download.

Mass Effect 2 - Cerberus Network
Skate 3 -Skate Share Pack
Battlefield Bad Co. 2 - Bad Company 2 VIP
Dragon Age Origins - The Stone Prisoner
Kingdom of Almalur - Reckoning Online Pass
Alice: Madness Returns - American McGee's Alice
Dragon Age 2 - The Black Emporium
Shift 2 Unleashed - Online Pass
Bulletstorm - Online Pass
Medal of Honor - Online Pass

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']According to xbldb, A bunch of EA's season passes are free now to download.

Mass Effect 2 - Cerberus Network
Skate 3 -Skate Share Pack
Battlefield Bad Co. 2 - Bad Company 2 VIP
Dragon Age Origins - The Stone Prisoner
Kingdom of Almalur - Reckoning Online Pass
Alice: Madness Returns - American McGee's Alice
Dragon Age 2 - The Black Emporium
Shift 2 Unleashed - Online Pass
Bulletstorm - Online Pass
Medal of Honor - Online Pass[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. Cerberus Network isn't working for me.

[quote name='zarda1']Thanks for this. Cerberus Network isn't working for me.[/QUOTE]
You have to download some of these on your xbox. Most did work through website. Thanks for sharing ZombiesWorld!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back