XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am at work and wont be able to until I get home obviously but I was wondering if anyone has tried State of Decay yet? And obviously if so, what are your thoughts on it?
It's good but it's not earth shatteringly awesome like The Last of Us appears to be (can't wait for the PS4 to come out just so I can finally get a really cheap PS3).

A few pluses: there's a lot of tactical thinking that goes into the game, moreso than any other zombie game I've ever played. Rather than have money being a currency influence is the currency and every item has a certain cost when you take it out of the supply closet or when you upgrade your base. You constantly have to go out for supply runs for food, building materials, medicine, etc or else characters get sick or get angry and shit happens. The story is okay and quite passable with some interesting characters. There's variation in zombie types and they are difficult to battle as the game progresses and once you find yourself on your own a fair bit. I do have to say that the music too is just outstanding, really sets the mood. There's also a cool sort of leveling up system that reminds me a bit of FTL as it's sort of hidden but there. And there is permadeath so you can level up someone and then have them die, which sucks.

The negatives: heaps of graphical issues, the game is not polished. You have a flashlight you can use at night but it weirdly doesn't actually come from anywhere a light just turns on but it isn't tied to anything actually on your character. The game also doesn't really explain things to you. I still don't know how to make an outpost. I was told that if I cleared an area of zombies I'd be able to use it as an outpost, and I swear I've killed every last zombie but still no prompt, no nothing. I'm finding the game a bit slow if you do real stealthy play, which is what the game seems to want me to do. And there's some weird mission decisions. For instance there is a mission early on where you go to get medicine from a place a good while away from your base and the NPC who is there is really upset that you drove a car there and that you want to drive a car back. Everytime I get into a car he screams at me to get out as it will attract zombies but the reason I'm getting into the car is cause there are zombies everywhere and it's the safest place to be. It kind of just seems stupid. I kinda want to shoot him for being an idiot. Even the other NPC finally says nuts to being on foot and tells me to get a car. It's a weird mission and I kind of feel like the game is trying to walk a line between The Walking Dead and Dead Rising with a bit of Deadly Premonition in there as well. Overall it needs more polish. Hopefully a patch will come soon.

Try the demo and maybe watch the IGN Let's Plays and see what you think. I like it. But then again I got it for free. Not sure if I would spend $20. But I'm also doubtful it'll be on sale anytime soon. If you lucked out on some cheap points it's a total steal though especially if you like that genre.

I'm in the OP. I'm just going to put together a wire framework at this point and we can work on formatting it and making it look better later.

Also, is it even wikified anymore? As far as I can see, it isn't.
Nope, it appears wikis are gone. Trust me, I know what you're going through. The Reduced Price Srategy Guide Thread is a mess also. No more custom spoilers. I honestly can't beleive how much of a mess this is new forum is. It's going to take a lot of updating just to get it anywhere close to the speed and features of the original.
Yeah it's going to take a while, but that was to be expected.

The OP is up to date, but like I said, very blah. I also can't figure out how to change the thread title, so unfortunately we're SOL in that regard for now. If there were more impressive deals going on, I'd make a new thread for it. Hopefully the title change feature can be restored soon.

Also, I don't recommend anyone use CAG 3.0 in Chrome at this point. The text is awful and looks a million times better in Firefox.

I am at work and wont be able to until I get home obviously but I was wondering if anyone has tried State of Decay yet? And obviously if so, what are your thoughts on it?
It's good but it's not earth shatteringly awesome like The Last of Us appears to be (can't wait for the PS4 to come out just so I can finally get a really cheap PS3).

A few pluses: there's a lot of tactical thinking that goes into the game, moreso than any other zombie game I've ever played. Rather than have money being a currency influence is the currency and every item has a certain cost when you take it out of the supply closet or when you upgrade your base. You constantly have to go out for supply runs for food, building materials, medicine, etc or else characters get sick or get angry and shit happens. The story is okay and quite passable with some interesting characters. There's variation in zombie types and they are difficult to battle as the game progresses and once you find yourself on your own a fair bit. I do have to say that the music too is just outstanding, really sets the mood. There's also a cool sort of leveling up system that reminds me a bit of FTL as it's sort of hidden but there. And there is permadeath so you can level up someone and then have them die, which sucks.

The negatives: heaps of graphical issues, the game is not polished. You have a flashlight you can use at night but it weirdly doesn't actually come from anywhere a light just turns on but it isn't tied to anything actually on your character. The game also doesn't really explain things to you. I still don't know how to make an outpost. I was told that if I cleared an area of zombies I'd be able to use it as an outpost, and I swear I've killed every last zombie but still no prompt, no nothing. I'm finding the game a bit slow if you do real stealthy play, which is what the game seems to want me to do. And there's some weird mission decisions. For instance there is a mission early on where you go to get medicine from a place a good while away from your base and the NPC who is there is really upset that you drove a car there and that you want to drive a car back. Everytime I get into a car he screams at me to get out as it will attract zombies but the reason I'm getting into the car is cause there are zombies everywhere and it's the safest place to be. It kind of just seems stupid. I kinda want to shoot him for being an idiot. Even the other NPC finally says nuts to being on foot and tells me to get a car. It's a weird mission and I kind of feel like the game is trying to walk a line between The Walking Dead and Dead Rising with a bit of Deadly Premonition in there as well. Overall it needs more polish. Hopefully a patch will come soon.

Try the demo and maybe watch the IGN Let's Plays and see what you think. I like it. But then again I got it for free. Not sure if I would spend $20. But I'm also doubtful it'll be on sale anytime soon. If you lucked out on some cheap points it's a total steal though especially if you like that genre.
Hmmm

I don't mind an unpolished game so long as the core mechanics are solid. It seems as though that is the case with this game.

I definitely will still just try the demo of course first haha. And yeah I am really looking forward to The Last of Us... One of them many benefits of owning all the systems : P

I guess Worms 1 & 2 are automatic buys due to my 200 MSP purchase rule. I've enjoyed plowing my way through the Worms Revolution achievements without REALLY playing the game. One achievement that eludes me however is the "social butterfly" one where I am supposed to play against 20 different people. Kinda hard when no one plays the game anymore. Hopefully the sale next week will change that. 

Been playing State of Decay today. It's not bad. I don't know if I can recommend it at $20. Though I wouldn't hold out for a price drop anytime soon. I'm hoping they fix some of the graphical issues (screentearing, framerate issues, texture problems, etc). But it's a good game. Just I think some level of co-op or even just an online meta-game that's somehow weaved into it would have somehow added something to it. I also wish it was more rogue-like with random levels to make it more replayable. But it's a damn good game. And you could do worse with $20.
There is a lot of depth into the game, which surprised me, but as you mentioned - technically is a HUGE mess. I own 205 XBLA titles and State of Decay takes the crown as most unpolished title. Quite surprising how get though XBLA cert. process.

Looking how many problems i encountered during 30 minute trial (zombies clipping all the time, fps drops, tearing, stuttering during driving), this title needs at least 6-7 months polishing.

btw This won't go on sale anytime soon. Over 30k players in leaderboards only few hours after release.

Thanks for the good mini review of state of decay, I'll wait on it for now. It might be a long while till it goes on sale but it sounds like it demands a patch or two first.

I've bought 2 worms games and barely played them-I'd stay away unless you really are into this gameplay, otherwise it's a definite candidate for perma-backlog. Nostalgia goggles purchase for sure.

The weirdest thing for me on the site change is reversing the background and text. It's like someone finally turned on the lights.

The two with achievements I believe are Nightmare in North Point and Year of the Snake.  Zodiac Tournament also has playable content, but not cheevos.  That's why I put those 3 at the top.  All the rest I believe are non-playable DLC.

Also, Cheapy fixed the title change problem already, so that's good.  :)

Glad I didn't Buy Sleeping dogs last week. Would any of the DLC be worth it? I don't care about weapons, cars, customization options, or achievements. Any of them have really good store missions, or side plots?

Glad i waited for Year of the Snake DLC. Its the only achievements i dont have yet.
I bought Year of the Snake for full-price last time there was a Sleeping Dogs DLC sale and I don't regret it.

The only mission pack I don't have is Zodiac Tournament so I may be in for one of those and one or two of the costume/vehicle packs, but that's about it.

Considering Burnout Crash as well, there's a pretty good review on the TA site for it:

http://www.trueachievements.com/Burnout-Crash/reviews.htm

It does sound like the controller is the way to go over kinect. I'm assuming the game will still run if you don't have Kinect attached, right?
I wanna know this too. I'm interested in buying the game
yes. I've owned this game for a year now and I had no idea it even supported Kinect.

bought Sleeping Dogs and State of Decay.

SoD is awesome IMO, regardless of all the little hiccups. None of them have affected gameplay for me. I'm just scared i'm going to waste countless hours going through every house... ._.

I really liked the demo for State of Decay.

I'm deciding on Sleeping Dogs. What are the "must have" and "recommended" DLCs for it, according to you guys?

Considering Burnout Crash as well, there's a pretty good review on the TA site for it:

It does sound like the controller is the way to go over kinect. I'm assuming the game will still run if you don't have Kinect attached, right?
yes. I've owned this game for a year now and I had no idea it even supported Kinect.

Yes it still runs.
Alright, thanks guys.

However, if you have a kinect connected but turned off in settings
The game won't run. Kind of annoying.

I really liked the demo for State of Decay.

I'm deciding on Sleeping Dogs. What are the "must have" and "recommended" DLCs for it, according to you guys?
Well if it helps, the only Sleeping Dogs DLC that adds gamerscore is "Nightmare in Northpoint" and "Year of the Snake".

I played the demo for State of Decay and just decided to buy it, I mean i did get a lot of points from Microsoft so why not? I'm enjoying it pretty well so far! 

What is with the timestamps?  I can't keep track of when people are posting what. (I mean, I assume it's in order, but usually the time stamp is what I use to see if there are new posts).  I'm pretty sure weeman just posted a few minutes ago, but it says it was at 2:46.  :wall:

EDIT: I sure as hell didn't post this at 2:49.  It's 3:32 Mountain time right now.  I don't know how the minutes are even off...

Has the physical Sleeping Dogs been cheaper anywhere recently? Deciding if the digital is worth the $15 or not.
I bought the GoD version a few months back as it was only $10 or 800msp on the Australian marketplace when they had that sale where I think it was $20 or 1600msp everywhere else. Wasn't sure if that was a glitch or their way of throwing us a bone over hear in Aussieland for usually missing out on heaps of things. I think it's definitely worth it for $15. Do you like open world games? If so, it's probably the best GTA style open-world game released since Saints Row II.

So, for The Walking Dead is it just the first episode that's free?
Yes, they had this sale on before. First episode is free and the rest you pay for. It's the same logic that my local drug dealer has when pushing his wares on the neighbourhood kids.

Has the physical Sleeping Dogs been cheaper anywhere recently? Deciding if the digital is worth the $15 or not.
I bought the GoD version a few months back as it was only $10 or 800msp on the Australian marketplace when they had that sale where I think it was $20 or 1600msp everywhere else. Wasn't sure if that was a glitch or their way of throwing us a bone over hear in Aussieland for usually missing out on heaps of things. I think it's definitely worth it for $15. Do you like open world games? If so, it's probably the best GTA style open-world game released since Saints Row II.

So, for The Walking Dead is it just the first episode that's free?
Yes, they had this sale on before. First episode is free and the rest you pay for. It's the same logic that my local drug dealer has when pushing his wares on the neighbourhood kids.
Hmmm just discovered that if you do multiple posts on the same page it links them together and drops it down. That's actually kind of annoying as I'd like the option to do that rather than just have it done for me.

Hmmm just discovered that if you do multiple posts on the same page it links them together and drops it down. That's actually kind of annoying as I'd like the option to do that rather than just have it done for me.
If I understand what you're talking about, I think that only happens if your post is the most recent one. If it is, and you post again, it combines your posts.

Example: See.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnndddddddd...............AGAIN!

EDIT: Didn't work this time.  I give up.

(not sure how to quote/reply from this yet on the mobile version, nor do I think there's a "First/last page option)

But I've played and beat SD already, great game, but I sold it before any DLC came out, so one been looking to grab the DLC and rebuy the game when it was cheap, but it seems like $15 is a solid sale on the game.

Has anyone tried purchasing season 2 of Sesame Street TV? its supposed to be 70% off but I keep getting an error when trying to buy it.

Also I'm thinking this may be the Sunny Days sale.

Hi guys, I would just like to know if any kind soul can recommend the best DLC for Sleeping Dogs? There are so many that I am rather overwhelmed.
This has been answered. Please see my title for further info.
Well, I read the OP and given the information is useful, I was just asking for general opinion on what the best DLC it is to buy.
Nightmare in North Point and Year Of The Snake are probably the best two. The Zodiak Tournament is great for style and stuff, but is comparatively short (FWIW it also has no achievements). I really liked all 3 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back