XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
For everyone in the X360 Backlog Support Group, I can't access the page due to the update. Should we place the competition on hold since no one can access that? Maybe hold it until July? It sucks too because I hope there will be some surprise deals next week during E3. I'm not sure if it falls under the Sunny Day thing or not but still.
I think the best answer is just wait it out and see if groups get added again soon. I think everyone can remember what games they've beaten, and just post them all when it comes back. If worst comes to worst you can always just push it to july, but I wouldn't scrap it for June just yet.

For everyone in the X360 Backlog Support Group, I can't access the page due to the update. Should we place the competition on hold since no one can access that? Maybe hold it until July? It sucks too because I hope there will be some surprise deals next week during E3. I'm not sure if it falls under the Sunny Day thing or not but still.
I think the best answer is just wait it out and see if groups get added again soon. I think everyone can remember what games they've beaten, and just post them all when it comes back. If worst comes to worst you can always just push it to july, but I wouldn't scrap it for June just yet.
Yeah I'll hold off for another week or so since they are still working to get other features activated.

Someone, please god redesign this thread so it looks better on the new site. Thank you.
AFAIK there is no way to make threads into a Wiki anymore so it'll be up to the OP. Tyler might be waiting for the new dark them to be implemented too. Give it time.

Just an update on the Kinect Sesame Street, I got season 2 downloaded, but it was only so I can have that content whenever I wanted to purchase it. The price is still 2400 points.

Just an update on the Kinect Sesame Street, I got season 2 downloaded, but it was only so I can have that content whenever I wanted to purchase it. The price is still 2400 points.
When I downloaded the app earlier it showed season 2 as free so I "purchased" that. Not sure if it truly unlocked it since my HDD was full. I'll try it again tomorrow when I plug in the Kinect. I got freaked out that it gave me 2 achievements. That just screwed my completion percentage that I've been working to raise ha.

AFAIK there is no way to make threads into a Wiki anymore so it'll be up to the OP. Tyler might be waiting for the new dark them to be implemented too. Give it time.
I would imagine the ability to wikify a post will come back. I honestly hope so haha. And you're right, the OP will be rather bare bones for at least a week or so until I see what kind of formatting changes take place on CAG. If there are any grevious errors ore things that are completly uncomprehendable, please feel free to let me know people. But "Someone, please god redesign this thread so it looks better on the new site" isn't really very useful feedback.

EDIT: Also, something is up with the font on CAG for some people, it's clippy and missing tops and bottoms and random portions of letters. This is especially true when viewing CAG in Chrome. Hopefully this is fixed soon, but that issue makes the OP look much worse than it is.

I would imagine the ability to wikify a post will come back. I honestly hope so haha. And you're right, the OP will be rather bare bones for at least a week or so until I see what kind of formatting changes take place on CAG. If there are any grevious errors ore things that are completly uncomprehendable, please feel free to let me know people. But "Someone, please god redesign this thread so it looks better on the new site" isn't really very useful feedback.

EDIT: Also, something is up with the font on CAG for some people, it's clippy and missing tops and bottoms and random portions of letters. This is especially true when viewing CAG in Chrome. Hopefully this is fixed soon, but that issue makes the OP look much worse than it is.
Yeah, I've seen it fine in Chrome and also like you describe. Not sure why it changes.

Love the ability to like posts.  Hate everything else, especially the fact that this site is now blocked at my work.  Somehow the old forum would sneak by.

Sleeping Dogs for $15 is very tempting, unfortunately my 360 HDD is tiny with zero space. Does anyone know if I can partition part of an external hard drive to put GoD games onto (and would that affect performance?)?

Sleeping Dogs for $15 is very tempting, unfortunately my 360 HDD is tiny with zero space. Does anyone know if I can partition part of an external hard drive to put GoD games onto (and would that affect performance?)?
Yeah you can. I have a 1TB that I used back when the limit was 16GB. You should be able to do it right from the 360. As long as you have the room obviously.

Well I played the State of Decay demo and I still don't understand all the hype the game was getting in my opinion the game is nowhere worth $20 and the frames seem to drop everytime there are 2 zombies near you. I'll wait until it goes on sale for $10 and ill give the entire game a chance but for $20 just no

Thoughts on a couple of the Sleeping Dogs single-player DLCs.

Year of the Snake - I played through this yesterday. It was okay, decently fun but pretty disjointed. It took me about 3 hours to finish and get the achievements. For half-price, I'd say get it.

Zodiac Tournament - fun concept but the last (or next to last?) fight is so frustratingly difficult that I just can't recommend it. Even after reading a few FAQs, it still seems impossibly difficult to do in the time allotted. It's too bad, because otherwise I would recommend this pack. As it is, I'm not even going to bother trying to finish it.

Haven't tried Nightmare in North Point yet but will load it up later today.

even with all of its technical troubles state of decay beats 98% of the full $60 releases in fun factor. i guess the people who can't get past the technical hiccups it has really must have hated the entire sega saturn/ps1 era

Well I played the State of Decay demo and I still don't understand all the hype the game was getting in my opinion the game is nowhere worth $20 and the frames seem to drop everytime there are 2 zombies near you. I'll wait until it goes on sale for $10 and ill give the entire game a chance but for $20 just no
I felt the same way during the first 2 hours or so of playing State of Decay. It doesn't get off to the best start in my opinion. It's not until you get a proper base and start doing missions to scavenge and build up that base that you start realizing how amazing it is. It's not an action game. It's sort of a unique blend of resource management and third person action/stealth. The game really takes off once you have a base full of people who are constantly needing to be managed. Who will die if they get sick. You need to go out, scavenge, set up outposts, make people happy when they are scared or upset so that they don't leave your base and everything is tenuous. Cars break down easily as do melee weapons. And there's a limited amount of cars in the world - so they become your greatest resource in a lot of ways. It's very simple to become overwhelmed by zombies and have a character you've spent time levelling up be torn apart and die a permadeath. And each of the playable characters interacts with things a bit differently. For instance if you take the military character to the army site you get a different cut scene than if you took a different character, so it feels like there's a bit of replayability in finding more about the world and the characters. Choice is a major issue too. If you choose to delay doing some optional missions and choose others instead you might end up making certain people who asked for help grow to mistrust you, or possibly die. But you're sort of stuck trying to please everyone but not having enough time to do so. So you will constantly have to make choices about who you please and who you don't, ala The Walking Dead. It also has one of the best monetary systems I've ever seen implemented in a game. And on top of that, what I love most about the game, is that it's so well suited to be played in 20-30 minute bursts. It's a great pickup and play casual game, but you feel like you're constantly on your toes because one miscalculated run, or one miscalculated step will surely bring death. If you like the survival aspect of survival horror, this is a game that delivers on that front. But yes, lots of graphical issues, but they rarely interfere with gameplay. And the game plays brilliantly. Like someone else in this forum I won a code for it, but I can absolutely understand why this game is $20. It's worth it in my opinion but as a CAG I probably would wait for a sale or at least use points I bought on sale as I don't think this game will be marked down anytime soon.

Thoughts on a couple of the Sleeping Dogs single-player DLCs.

Year of the Snake - I played through this yesterday. It was okay, decently fun but pretty disjointed. It took me about 3 hours to finish and get the achievements. For half-price, I'd say get it.

Zodiac Tournament - fun concept but the last (or next to last?) fight is so frustratingly difficult that I just can't recommend it. Even after reading a few FAQs, it still seems impossibly difficult to do in the time allotted. It's too bad, because otherwise I would recommend this pack. As it is, I'm not even going to bother trying to finish it.

Haven't tried Nightmare in North Point yet but will load it up later today.
Would you recommend Sleeping Dogs? I've never had a "backlog" but since I started coming to this site I now have one. I've read some mixed reviews but if it's as fun as people say I wouldn't mind adding another game to the 'log. Plus I hear it's quite lengthy, how long did it take you to finish the game?

It's really cool that state of decay is the second highest selling xbla game in history behide minecraft.

It's really cool that state of decay is the second highest selling xbla game in history behide minecraft.
Is that true? If so, there must be details missing such as that you may be referring to the first day sales, etc. I thought I heard that Trials Evolution had over a million sales. There are also some other very popular games that seem like they would be pretty hard to beat - especially this quickly.

I'm honestly extremely surprised at this. I know it had a lot of hype, but I didn't think anywhere near THAT much. Good for them I suppose, hopefully the extra cash will go into updating the game and fixing the bugs.

Is that true? If so, there must be details missing such as that you may be referring to the first day sales, etc. I thought I heard that Trials Evolution had over a million sales. There are also some other very popular games that seem like they would be pretty hard to beat - especially this quickly.
I think he means day one sales.

As someone said it's the second highest sales for "first day release." But some of my friends are showing up as 160,000th place on their leaderboards so I assume they've likely sold close to 200,000 units by now which is rather impressive considering it's just 2 days old.

If people like feel free to check their forums at undeadlabs.com. I like how they're creating a sense of community, likely all in advance of creating a multiplayer games. But they've also put a thread on their forums for people to post bugs and glitches. I think that's very cool. Leads me to believe that they will take some of it seriously. It is the jankiest game I've ever played on my 360 but it's also one of the best. And be aware too when you play it, that stuff happens even when you leave the game. So if you don't play often your character might die, etc. I kind of like it and kind of hate it as I don't have too much time to game each day. And I don't always want to play a zombie game.

My only fear now is that more games will release at the $20 or 1600msp valuation now because of the success of Minecraft and State of Decay.

Would you recommend Sleeping Dogs? I've never had a "backlog" but since I started coming to this site I now have one. I've read some mixed reviews but if it's as fun as people say I wouldn't mind adding another game to the 'log. Plus I hear it's quite lengthy, how long did it take you to finish the game?
I had fun with it. It's not as involved or "alive" as GTA4. What it does offer though, I feel was fine. I don't remember well enough to give you an estimate but It didn't take me long to get through it. It certainly didn't over-stay its welcome and didn't feel too short either.

It's a pretty straight forward story with predictable side-missions that make you feel overwhelmed with too much to do. The driving felt reminiscent of the first Burnout and the combat was easy to learn. I grabbed the game and the DLC for it during the last sale and had fun with the time spent on all of it - never experienced any bugs or glitches. Nothing mind-blowing or innovative about the game. Just well done.

The game is fun and def worth it. Have you tried the demo, those missions got me hooked. It moved up my backlog to currently playing. Got the three story DLCs, SWAT pack for the cop missions and Monkey King pack because Sun Wukong is the ish.
You sound like me, I never had a backlog until I found this site, now I'm over 60 games deep :whee:

Speaking of back logs, for those with Darksiders 2 in your backlog the expiration date for the Argul's Tomb DLC code approaches. 8/21/2013 is the last day to redeem.
Also the link on the card is wrong, it is actually http://community.darksiders.com/tomb

I'm glad state of decay is selling well hopefully we get the coop dlc asap.
Are they really adding co-op DLC? For some reason I thought they were holding online multiplayer for their MMO. It's cool if they add it, but the question is how much will it cost? If it's free, cool. If no, then that $20 game very likely just turned into a $25 game.

The game is fun and def worth it. Have you tried the demo, those missions got me hooked. It moved up my backlog to currently playing. Got the three story DLCs, SWAT pack for the cop missions and Monkey King pack because Sun Wukong is the ish.
You sound like me, I never had a backlog until I found this site, now I'm over 60 games deep :whee:

Speaking of back logs, for those with Darksiders 2 in your backlog the expiration date for the Argul's Tomb DLC code approaches. 8/21/2013 is the last day to redeem.
Also the link on the card is wrong, it is actually http://community.darksiders.com/tomb
Wecome to CAG where we buy cheap games and build mountains of backlogs. I recommend joining the Backlog Support group once the feature is added back. We can tackle these games. Heck, I'm about to start Sleeping Dogs today instead of throwing it to the end of my backlog! :)

Are they really adding co-op DLC? For some reason I thought they were holding online multiplayer for their MMO. It's cool if they add it, but the question is how much will it cost? If it's free, cool. If no, then that $20 game very likely just turned into a $25 game.

Wecome to CAG where we buy cheap games and build mountains of backlogs. I recommend joining the Backlog Support group once the feature is added back. We can tackle these games. Heck, I'm about to start Sleeping Dogs today instead of throwing it to the end of my backlog! :)
shoot me an invite to this group once its up. :p

shoot me an invite to this group once its up. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back