XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the SWAT pack supposedly comes with a bunch of missions but are they REAL missions? If it's just a couple of high speed chases and the like, with no plotline, I'll probably pass.

Already beat the game and Nightmare in North Point and I just bought Year of the Snake. Would like to get something else if it's worth it but a few grabass "missions" just don't seem worth the MSP. Need some legit DLC here worthy of my time.

I know the SWAT pack supposedly comes with a bunch of missions but are they REAL missions? If it's just a couple of high speed chases and the like, with no plotline, I'll probably pass.

Already beat the game and Nightmare in North Point and I just bought Year of the Snake. Would like to get something else if it's worth it but a few grabass "missions" just don't seem worth the MSP. Need some legit DLC here worthy of my time.
I just jumped on the Sleeping dogs deal. Now which of the 27 DLC add-ons is actually worth it??

With the new format for these forums, I have to get used to the changes, so forgive me if things look wrong.  More than ever, it is imperative I stay brief because the new style at this time burns the eyes.  So I'm testing the format of my ramblings on the Xbox Live discounts to a nice outline format (because I am scared to quote at this time, resistant/reluctant towards change).

Prior week's take

Darkstalkers Resurrection

Love it

Wished discount was more than 33%

Dark Souls: Astorias of the Abyss DLC

Peer pressure from this forum

An in-between towards commitment to the game on 360

Deathsmiles 2X

Purchased with discount Microsoft Store points

Counts as one and only MyPunchcard for the month (will not be completed)

This week's intended take

Sleeping Dogs DLC

Buying the DLC which was not discounted previously

Other publishers should put all DLC for a title on discount like this

Compliments to Square-Enix

WARNINGS on DLC

two are microtransaction boosts

five are part of a pack (all preorder content), don't double dip

High Roller appears to mention items can be acquired in-game

Prior week's free EA season passes

Reminder to me that EA can hiccup and do good every once in a while

Random EA thought: wish old non-backwards-compatible EA Xbox title would get remake

amazing cast, original song for title, wanted to see more than play

would be a more desired update than Fable Anniversary

wish like Riddick, was not back-compat, but a 360 remake with modern HD effects

disapointment rights are elsewhere

E3 upcoming

Could explain missing XBLA game: Crimson Dragon

If rumored Ryse rebranding for Xbox One (X1) true, why not this game

Would make sense since Team Andromeda's Panzer Dragoon helped Sega Saturn launch

Potentially one of the 8 new IP of 15 exclusives

Better if the delay is for adding traditional button control method

Still want on the 360 XBLA

Woot!  Saints Row 4

Dubstep gun!

Hillarious

Wonder if new publisher has similar DLC policy as prior game

wait for full package?

insignificant?

This week's new XBLA release: State of Decay

Thanks to every poster on this thread for opinions and evaluations of game

Overpricced for me at 1600MSP

holding out for XBLA Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara even at 1200MSP on 19th

Ducktales also this summer may also compel me to a full price purchase

Still very interested in this game, but will need discount

Hope not a trend with hot-selling 1600MSP games like Minecraft

Closing statements

Special thanks to Tylerh

especially now with sole responsibility maintaining OP

respect difficulty with new format for forum posts on CAG

Next week's discounts

Worms - not for me

Sunny Day Sale - my only hope, (really hope not Kinect only)

EDIT -- Darn, I wanted to match the colors to the old format of the board.  Sadly the background color tag does not work for me.  Maybe I still got to work on learning the format for how this board works now.  I tried "background=202026" (in brackets with closing tag at the end) yet I can change my text color to the original off-white, but since the background color didn't change, I edited the text back to black.  Any tips/hints on getting the background tag to work is appreciated, because it seems iffy.  This is the result I get when I try to match the colors of the previous board, still ugly.  Also, it appears I lose my edit reason signature, so I should start finding some sig pics.

E3 upcoming

Could explain missing XBLA game: Crimson Dragon

If rumored Ryse rebranding for Xbox One (X1) true, why not this game

Would make sense since Team Andromeda's Panzer Dragoon helped Sega Saturn launch

Potentially one of the 8 new IP of 15 exclusives

Better if the delay is for adding traditional button control method

Still want on the 360 XBLA
Crimson Dragon didn't look up to snuff to be a retail release for the Xbox One. I know a demo of it was accidentally released on the Japanese marketplace. Maybe it will be the first digital release for the Xbox One. Not sure. But it doesn't look next-gen to me at all. But perhaps it's been updated to hell. Still, I think it would be a weak thing on Microsoft to try to retail what was going to be a 800-1200 msp kinect game and try to wow us at E3 with it. It better be amazing if it's going to be a retail release. I'm hoping it still comes out as a 800 msp Summer of Arcade game for XBLA as they usually release one Kinect game (Wreckateer and Fruit Ninja Kinect were the last two I think) for SoA and I haven't heard of any other Kinect arcade games in the pipeline.

I am at work and wont be able to until I get home obviously but I was wondering if anyone has tried State of Decay yet? And obviously if so, what are your thoughts on it?
I like it. Just wish these damn feral zombies wouldn't overpower me at the Infestations!

Otherwise, it kills time like Minecraft used to do for me. Definitely would be better if they had a larger budget to attempt something similar to Saints Row or GTA in scope but for 1600MSP, well worth the buy!

Doodle Jump for Kinect is coming soon for 400 MSP, if anyone cares.

Well, it's coming this summer, so should be soon.  I don't think it would be part of the SoA, especially at that price.

I just jumped on the Sleeping dogs deal. Now which of the 27 DLC add-ons is actually worth it??
I bought Nightmare in North Point a while ago... kind of their answer to RDR's Undead Nightmare. Your girlfriend is kidnapped by the demon of a dead gangster and Hong Kong is taken over/possessed by demons. Very cool concept but it's almost exclusively hand to hand combat and didn't take long to beat.

I found it VERY disappointing but at this price? I dont know, depends on how cheap you are I guess. I'd save the MSP to grab Worms 2 next week but I'm admittedly a LOT cheaper than most here as far as DLC purchases go. I haven't played Year of the Snake yet but that along with Nightmare in North Point are the only DLC packs with achievements if that's how you get your jollies. Most of the other DLC looks to be purely cosmetic though so beware. The Zodiac Tournament DLC adds gameplay but sounds very easy to pass on and the Street Racer DLC doesn't sound particularly interesting... still waiting on some clarification of the SWAT pack's "missions."

tylerh1701: I'm glad you're still on board as the curator of this thread, it remains one of my favorites here on CAG.  :applause:

Cleaner7: I haven't given up on our backlog support group. I'm hoping to complete one or two titles this weekend in fact.  :pray:

Crono-00: It just isn't the same without your wonderful walls of text, hopefully all the new format kinks are worked out soon.  :wall:

Now that the "change theme" button is available (scroll all the way down, bottom left) and I can utilize a dark background again, this new format is not nearly as jarring. It's funny how such a little thing can make a big impact. I'm REALLY itching to get into State of Decay but am trying to hold off until I finish up at least one other title. If my desire has cooled after that, I may be able to hold out until a sale. With regards to the possibility of multi-player for the game, I'd be fine either way. I can see where it would be a great fit for the game but I wouldn't want it ineffectively shoe-horned in or implemented as a cash grab either. Despite frugality efforts, I'd guess I'll be playing State of Decay before too much longer.

tylerh1701: I'm glad you're still on board as the curator of this thread, it remains one of my favorites here on CAG. :applause:
Thanks. I'm hoping the wiki option does come back. I've asked in the update thread but haven't gotten a response yet. I know that the OP is again pretty ugly in the dark theme now. I may work on it this afternoon, I'm not exactly sure what the issue is.

Nope, don't care. Not many people do.
Way to generalize ;) I think Doodle Jump is pretty fun, but like a true cheapass I'll wait for the inevitable 50% off sale.

And THANK YOU TO THE ALMIGHTY CHEAPYD (and John!) for the dark theme. The level of suck has been substantially lowered as a result.
I agree. I like Doodle Jump on my phone and I'd like to check it out on Kinect as well. That being said, I too will be waiting for its first markdown.

Total crap how Walking Dead Ep 1 is only available for Gold members and not silver members.
It is? Hmmm....I'll update the OP with that info.

OK so I updated the recent price drop section of the OP, I think the font/style looks real good on both the light and dark versions of CAG 3.0. I'm not going to bother updating any of the weekly deals considering they'll be dead in 4 days.

Surprised there is no talk on here about the used games/always online terms for XB1 (I know it's OT, but this is the Xbox thread). It's not as bad as it could have been, but it is a bummer. Assuming PS4 follows suit, it is going to be much more difficult to be a CAG next generation.

Surprised there is no talk on here about the used games/always online terms for XB1 (I know it's OT, but this is the Xbox thread). It's not as bad as it could have been, but it is a bummer. Assuming PS4 follows suit, it is going to be much more difficult to be a CAG next generation.
It just doesn't really belong here, and people are usually pretty good about staying fairly on-topic here. This isn't really an Xbox thread, it's specifically an Xbox Live thread.

it is going to be much more difficult to be a CAG next generation.
Not for me. Physical games next-gen will have the same license that digital stuff has right now...linked to the gamertag and the first console. Lets say BF4 is $60. Me and my brother will split the cost, $30/$30, and we can both play online for half price on launch day. We already do that now with xbla/GoD games, and now we can do it with retail games, thats great.

On topic of xbox live though....Microsoft confirmed that games on Xbox One will be available on Xbox Live the same day as retail release.

theres been a lot of talk about the xbox one in this topic, and like tyler stated...it's not needed. lets keep this discussion about xbl and the games coming out and games on sale.

Me and my brother will split the cost, $30/$30, and we can both play online for half price on launch day. We already do that now with xbla/GoD games, and now we can do it with retail games, thats great.
Since you can have 10 people associated with your "family", and anyone in the "family" can play a game, can't you, in theory, get 9 buddies together and split the cost of all the games? Logically, following this route, all new $60 games would cost a few dollars per person (assuming all 10 wanted "x" game)

And by that logic, keeping on topic, wouldn't the arcade games then be so dirt cheap it's ridiculous?

I'm holding onto my points until that June 11-17th sale, I guess. Hopefully some fighting games will be in there and discounted enough for me to squeeze two into the points I have sitting in my account. :/

Since you can have 10 people associated with your "family", and anyone in the "family" can play a game, can't you, in theory, get 9 buddies together and split the cost of all the games? Logically, following this route, all new $60 games would cost a few dollars per person (assuming all 10 wanted "x" game)

And by that logic, keeping on topic, wouldn't the arcade games then be so dirt cheap it's ridiculous?
I'm interested to see how that "up to 10 family members" thing works as well. I mean, there's no way they're seriously going to let 10 people share an account, right?

As for the whole off topic thing, like ReddJoey, I'm not necessarily opposed to off topic discussion here, especially when it's slower, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. (I think the mods are the same way, they'll usually allow a little bit of OT talk, but they clean it up when it starts to dominate the thread.) It always bumps the thread and keeps it on the front page, and usually most the people here are pretty civil here. It's just that most of the regulars on this thread know that there are better places on CAG to engage in that sort of discussion, and usually they take it there. Same thing happened on the XBox One reveal day, there was a small convo about it here, but most the best discussion took place in the Xbox discussion thread, where it belongs.

Is hybrid worth 400 Msp?
That's difficult for me to answer. I really liked this game and it was my multiplayer game to play when I just wanted to kill 20 minutes of time for a good while. I tried it a few months back and had difficulty finding a match so then I deleted it (my HD is only 60 gb and i'd been buying some GoD games, etc) as I figured the community was dead. My guess is that the price drop is due to the community being dead as it really is odd to see a game drop is price like that, as it's sort of like a fire sale. Though good on 5th Cell for realizing they need to do something to garner some sales and grow the community. But perhaps someone who still has it on their HD can turn it on and tell you if there are people playing it or not.

It's an online multiplayer game only. There isn't a way to play if offline and with bots (beyond the 10 minute tutorial when you first load it up), which is a shame. But there is sort of a metagame going on with it too at all times, so from a design point it makes sense that that's not possible.

So yeah. If the community is dead I'd say forget it as it's a waste of your time and money to own something that is basically unplayable. If there's still people on there, and it's still rather easy to find matches, then I'd say it's totally a steal at 400 msp as it's a great go to multiplayer game that has some simple but rather cool mechanics that actually involve a fair bit of strategy and skill. I really did love this game. But like most multiplayer games that aren't COD, people do tend to move on. Though considering it just dropped from 1200msp to 400msp I highly doubt it will ever go on sale any further so if you do want to pull the trigger and the game does have a community then do so now as now that there's a drop I'm sure more sales have happened and more people are playing it than a month or two ago when I last tried it out.

On that subject, it'd be great to hear if anyone can attest to what communities are alive when it comes to XBLA multiplayer games like Blacklight Tango Down, Gotham City Imposters, Monday Night Combat, etc. I believe it's been confirmed that Bloody Good Time is pretty much dead (though I have been caught talking out of my ass lately on this forum so that might not be the case). But that game didn't look all that great to begin with.

Also, a bit off topic, but in terms of Summer of Arcade, I'm thinking Charlie Murder might be part of that sale. Game looks interesting. A bit of a blend of side-scrolling brawling with some RPG features and a Brutal Legend (too lazy to find the umblat) aesthetic. SoA games are usually XBLA exclusives (though often that's just a temporary thing) so I think Charlie Murder is a good bet to be one of the 5.

A couple of other interesting things: Looks like LocoCycle is coming to XBLA and whatever the Xbox One marketplace is called. That'll be a first that any digital content is cross promoted for two separate systems for Microsoft (well not counting the PC obviously). I am curious if there will be a cross-buy thing like what the PS3 has with the Vita. Anyways, I'm just glad to hear that the game is still coming to XBLA as I do love me some Twisted Pixel. But this might also be the case with Crimson Dragon. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of releases for XBLA games on both systems for the first few years of its cycle. Hopefully they'll develop a system where you don't have to buy it twice (perhaps similar to the whole upgrade thing that Wii U implemented for Wii marketplace purchases to be transferred to the Wii U). Though it certainly might make sales and threads like this a bit complicated. I guess we'll see what happens.

Lastly for those who care you should keep a close eye on the Indie Games Marketplace as the final installment in Penny Arcade's game series, Rain-Slick IV will be dropping soon and they've said it will be discounted for the first week or so. It's out now for the PC.

Unless Hybrid's demo doesn't actually let you play with owners of the game, that would be the best way to see if you should bother. If it's tough to get into the game at peak hours, then it's not worth the money.

tylerh1701: I'm glad you're still on board as the curator of this thread, it remains one of my favorites here on CAG. :applause:

Cleaner7: I haven't given up on our backlog support group. I'm hoping to complete one or two titles this weekend in fact. :pray:

Crono-00: It just isn't the same without your wonderful walls of text, hopefully all the new format kinks are worked out soon. :wall:

Now that the "change theme" button is available (scroll all the way down, bottom left) and I can utilize a dark background again, this new format is not nearly as jarring. It's funny how such a little thing can make a big impact. I'm REALLY itching to get into State of Decay but am trying to hold off until I finish up at least one other title. If my desire has cooled after that, I may be able to hold out until a sale. With regards to the possibility of multi-player for the game, I'd be fine either way. I can see where it would be a great fit for the game but I wouldn't want it ineffectively shoe-horned in or implemented as a cash grab either. Despite frugality efforts, I'd guess I'll be playing State of Decay before too much longer.
Now that things are looking better, I'll ease back into the groove of posting on this thread. I'm still pondering making my posts in outline form, because I feel quotes are a bit messy at this time. Going outline I lose out on fumbling for clarity and opportunities to sneak in some sort of game reference or terribad joke [EXAMPLE: I was thinking what games would fit the theme of a "Sunny Day Sale" next week and the only thing I can come up with was Sonic R's "Can You Feel the Sunshine" (warning, click the link and you may need to set your eartubes on fire), but we've had a Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie DLC sale before]. Thanks to CheapyD and the rest of the CAG team giving us back the dark theme, and thank you for pointing that out to me (it wasn't available when I posted).

I am with you on State of Decay, I see a couple friends just outright buy the game. From my experiences with sandbox-styled games, I tend to have more joy when causing mayhem alongside friends. The Crackdown games, Saints Row series, Dead Rising 2 games, are all enhanced with "what did you just do?!" moments across headsets for me. So an open-world game set in the theme of the fall of humanity by means of zombie apocalypse (like the aforementioned Dead Rising), should open up much fun with friends with looting silly things in shopping centers, freedom to break into amusement parks to enjoy to all your heart's content, property damage from side pastimes with once expensive equipment, guilt free violence upon corpses ... oh wait, this one is the kind that focuses on the survival aspect like making sure a garden is upkept for continual food supply and making sure you have strong network of like-minded survivors ... still fun in a videogame ^^. So I hope a multiplayer update patch is in the works for this game. Just stay strong with me in waiting for a discount on the XBLA game, I wasn't willing to drop 1600MSP on Jojo's BIzzare Adventure nor Minecraft, so State of Decay better be more special to me than those if it asks that amount in Microsoft Points.

Crimson Dragon didn't look up to snuff to be a retail release for the Xbox One. I know a demo of it was accidentally released on the Japanese marketplace. Maybe it will be the first digital release for the Xbox One. Not sure. But it doesn't look next-gen to me at all. But perhaps it's been updated to hell. Still, I think it would be a weak thing on Microsoft to try to retail what was going to be a 800-1200 msp kinect game and try to wow us at E3 with it. It better be amazing if it's going to be a retail release. I'm hoping it still comes out as a 800 msp Summer of Arcade game for XBLA as they usually release one Kinect game (Wreckateer and Fruit Ninja Kinect were the last two I think) for SoA and I haven't heard of any other Kinect arcade games in the pipeline.
Sorry, I was just throwing it out there that it could be a possibility Crimson Dragon may be rebranded for an Xbox One (X1) release. Team Andromeda's Panzer Dragoon, was one of the titles for the Sega Saturn's launch which caught my interest, and I'd love to see it paralleled with the upcoming X1. I actually think the game looked very nice, I had always thought the Panzer Dragoon series had an appealing aesthetic art direction to me. I also really love on-rails shooting games like the Sin & Punishment series, Panzer Dragoon series, Star Fox games, Omega Boost (JP), Rez, Child of Eden, Panorama Cotton, Killer7, After Burner (can't deny most of its appeal originates from the chair that shook you during play), etc. so much that I am conisdering XBLA Yar's Revenge and Asura's Wrath based on the demo which seemed to have parts like those other on-rails-shooting games I love. Perhaps I am easily amused, but an on-rails-shooting game can "wow" me. Besides, it appears they also rebranded Twisted Pixel's formerly XBLA LocoCycle to be a launch title for Xbox One, so with Ryse along with LocoCycle confirmed, if Crimson Dragon is another, that would make 3 of the 8 new original IP of the 15 exclusives. [Does that Disney Fantasia Kinect game count as another?]

Well, it's coming this summer, so should be soon. I don't think it would be part of the SoA, especially at that price.
No! Though lack-of-deal torture, Microsoft has conditioned you to think "Summer of Arcade needs only high priced games." Fight the brainwashing! I am still thinking of impressive looking games like Super T.I.M.E. Force, Ducktales, etc. could be slated for the promotion and I certainly hope the pricing is reasonable, or I will wait out for the holidays again.

Now that I'm testing if my old wall of text style posting works in this new forum format, I should give you a proper thanks for maintaining the OP:

On June 4th, CAG has undergone a massive undertaking of transitioning over to a new forum software. The XBL Deals thread was hit hard. The forum service was read-only forcing thread chupacabras to rely on xbldb Tuesday morning, Xbox Live bargain hunters came home thinking "what is on discount this week" only to find a blinding white, Bardockkun lacked the basic outlet necessity to complain about Limbo, our friends shouldn't have to degrade themselves reading Major Nelson over the dignity of visiting CAG. Despite all these problems, I have seen the best come from this thread, from Cleaner7's efforts reaching out to assist others with their backlogs to FriskyTanuki's snark. In these trying times, we must stand together, and continue to seek out the best possible use for our Microsoft Points. Through the hard work of tylerh1701, we will make it through this rough transitional climate. We will pick ourselves up, and we will demand the prices can go just that much lower. Make no mistake, maintaining this thread's OP alone is no easy task. Until the OP regains its wiki features, we will not falter, we will not unnecessarily pay full price. Thank you Tylerh, and may CheapyD help us all save money.

EDIT - Looking back on this wall-of-text post, the default font plus space from just 3 quotes, makes it appear like an even larger post than it actually is. So I know I have to put forth a better effort to become more concise.

Really thinking about buying Sleeping Dogs but I have a bit of a backlog, since I had bought Dark Souls and a few other games on sale. Tried out the State of Decay demo and I really loved it. I'm wondering if I should put off Sleeping Dogs and buy State of Decay..

In these trying times, we must stand together, and continue to seek out the best possible use for our Microsoft Points. Through the hard work of tylerh1701, we will make it through this rough transitional climate. We will pick ourselves up, and we will demand the prices can go just that much lower. Make no mistake, maintaining this thread's OP alone is no easy task. Until the OP regains its wiki features, we will not falter, we will not unnecessarily pay full price. Thank you Tylerh, and may CheapyD help us all save money.
God bless you and god bless that bald-headed troll that lives in my wallet and smacks me over the melon with a frozen echidna every time I reach in to purchase something at full price.

EDIT: Chrono-00, please, reading your thoughts here is one of my favorite online weekly rituals. Don't censor yourself due to the weirdness of the new look for the thread. One of the things I've noticed is how much longer each page of the thread can be, but yes it's weird, but I find the spacing between lines is a bit too much and I think if the default changed so that it didn't feel like I was reading something that was double-spaced, we'd all feel better about long-winded rants.

Really thinking about buying Sleeping Dogs but I have a bit of a backlog, since I had bought Dark Souls and a few other games on sale. Tried out the State of Decay demo and I really loved it. I'm wondering if I should put off Sleeping Dogs and buy State of Decay..
both are good games but state of decay is addicting and one of those 'you think about it all the time when you're not playing' games, while SD is (while a very good one) your standard gta clone at heart. a good one. not as good as true crime NY though imo. SOD's replay value is ridiculous. dark souls is a looong journey as well. it's fun but it might take you a little while to really get into it.

id say state of decay is in the top 3 originating-on XBLA games with shadow complex and castle crashers. probably top 2 with shadow complex. maybe the best. it seems well supported too, a patch is already in certification and the developers seem quite hands on. it's the second best selling day 1 game released on the system, only behind minecraft for obvious reasons. which is amazing when you realize that it's entirely based on word of mouth, there was very little hype for it. and it costs $20. but it's worth every penny (even tho i paid 6.66 >_>)

I find it funny people are still waiting for this year's Summer of Arcade...................

...........Summer of Arcade ended last year

But anyways I'm curious about that June 11-17 sale. I'm hoping that the Borderlands 2 DLC is on sale since I was stupid and didn't pick it up when it went on sale back during the Holidays.

I find it funny people are still waiting for this year's Summer of Arcade...................

But anyways I'm curious about that June 11-17 sale. I'm hoping that the Borderlands 2 DLC is on sale since I was stupid and didn't pick it up when it went on sale back during the Holidays.
What? The games are being revealed this Monday:

E3 stars early on Spike and GT as we kick off our coverage from our new studio at L.A. Live in Los Angeles. Our countdown to the Xbox briefing begins when Xbox’s Phil Spencer joins Geoff at the Galen Center to announce all the games that will be a part of the Summer of Arcade lineup for Xbox 360.

What? The games are being revealed this Monday:

E3 stars early on Spike and GT as we kick off our coverage from our new studio at L.A. Live in Los Angeles. Our countdown to the Xbox briefing begins when Xbox’s Phil Spencer joins Geoff at the Galen Center to announce all the games that will be a part of the Summer of Arcade lineup for Xbox 360.[/size]
And it happens every year since it was announced and is usually announced during E3 and happens around mid July.
Huh, what the heck have I been reading. I read a ton of articles last year that were saying goodbye to Summer of Arcade and that it was the last one.

Well my bad :p

Yeah, I've never heard about them being done with Summer of Arcade. Hopefully last year was an anomaly and they have some good titles for this year's crop. I'm not really sure what to expect on there, but I'd have to imagine that Charlie Murder and Ascend are going to be on there if they're out around that time.

both are good games but state of decay is addicting and one of those 'you think about it all the time when you're not playing' games, while SD is (while a very good one) your standard gta clone at heart. a good one. not as good as true crime NY though imo. SOD's replay value is ridiculous. dark souls is a looong journey as well. it's fun but it might take you a little while to really get into it.

id say state of decay is in the top 3 originating-on XBLA games with shadow complex and castle crashers. probably top 2 with shadow complex. maybe the best. it seems well supported too, a patch is already in certification and the developers seem quite hands on. it's the second best selling day 1 game released on the system, only behind minecraft for obvious reasons. which is amazing when you realize that it's entirely based on word of mouth, there was very little hype for it. and it costs $20. but it's worth every penny (even tho i paid 6.66 >_>)
Definitely love Dark Souls and I did get into it. I'm at the Blighttown part of the game so far which is REALLY frustrating but the game itself is really addicting. Since I got on the MS points deal SoD wouldn't cost me the full $20. I'm just trying to get the most out of the points I bought. I have never had backlog until I found this site. Just tried the SD demo too and while it probably didn't do the game justice I'm picking State Of Decay over it. Thanks for your input, it helped me make my decision :)

Definitely love Dark Souls and I did get into it. I'm at the Blighttown part of the game so far which is REALLY frustrating but the game itself is really addicting. Since I got on the MS points deal SoD wouldn't cost me the full $20. I'm just trying to get the most out of the points I bought. I have never had backlog until I found this site. Just tried the SD demo too and while it probably didn't do the game justice I'm picking State Of Decay over it. Thanks for your input, it helped me make my decision :)
The SD demo doesn't do the game justice. I played the demo back when it released and wasn't interested in the game at all. Ended up buying it from AWD after hearing good things and it is a very good GTA clone. But State of Decay is a great choice as well. I've been addicted the last couple days.

Regarding Hybrid, I fired it up around a month or so ago - well after its last sale - and there were still enough people playing that I didn't have to do much waiting around for matches, though I did see a lot of the same gamertags over and over. I imagine with its new 400 MSP price point, there should be enough folks to shoot up for a little while.

Finished Sleeping Dogs today, it's alright. For 1200 points or whatever it's good at that price. The game borrows heavily from other games (the combat of the Arkham games, the free running of Assassin's Creed and other things), but it never feels fully committed in copying them so it feels a bit sloppy. It isn't a bad game by any means, it's just nothing memorable and comes off as good, but no where past that.

Yeah, I've never heard about them being done with Summer of Arcade. Hopefully last year was an anomaly and they have some good titles for this year's crop. I'm not really sure what to expect on there, but I'd have to imagine that Charlie Murder and Ascend are going to be on there if they're out around that time.
I'd be very surprised if Ascend: Hand of Kul (I think that's the new title for what was Ascend: New Gods - which I was hoping involved some Jack Kirby madness) is part of the SoA as it's a F2P game from what I know. I mean they certainly could attach it in order for the hype, but usually they're pay games. I suspect they'll just release it with a bit of press like they did Happy Wars. Though who knows what MS is going to do these days. It does look like a pretty interesting F2P game and I am excited for it. Signal Studios has yet to fail us, so I can't wait to play it.

But Charlie Murder and Super T.I.M.E Force are two of my picks for SoA.

Off-topic: HOLY CRAP, with New CAG you can now HIDE spoiler tag info after un-hiding!!? That easily makes all this updating headache worth it (...or close at least ;)).

More on-topic, would just like to say that I absolutely loved Sleeping Dogs--the only GTA-Style game I've played through fully despite having a fascination with the genre since GTA3. I was very pleased to finally see all of the "story DLC" on sale as well as the rest of the costumes and silly side-quest fests. As it's been more than a couple posts since someone else asked how good the game is, I figured I'd put that out there, for them, whoever they inevitably will be.

I'd be very surprised if Ascend: Hand of Kul (I think that's the new title for what was Ascend: New Gods - which I was hoping involved some Jack Kirby madness) is part of the SoA as it's a F2P game from what I know. I mean they certainly could attach it in order for the hype, but usually they're pay games. I suspect they'll just release it with a bit of press like they did Happy Wars. Though who knows what MS is going to do these days. It does look like a pretty interesting F2P game and I am excited for it. Signal Studios has yet to fail us, so I can't wait to play it.

But Charlie Murder and Super T.I.M.E Force are two of my picks for SoA.
I hadn't heard that they changed it into a free-to-play game. That's a little weird. Is Super Time Force really about done? I would've put LocoCycle on the list for Summer of Arcade before it was delayed.

I hadn't heard that they changed it into a free-to-play game. That's a little weird. Is Super Time Force really about done? I would've put LocoCycle on the list for Summer of Arcade before it was delayed.
I think they announced it as being F2P way back after last year's E3. Strange that you mentioned LocoCycle, as LocoCycle and Ascend were announced in the same block last year at E3 along with Gore Verbinski's Kinect game, Matter. Sadly they cancelled Matter and LocoCycle looks unlikely to come out on 360 until the end of the 2013 at the earliest, if not later. Looking back and thinking of this year's event, which is around the corner, it's kind of sad how E3 gets you hyped to play something within the next year and often those games either never happen due to cancellations or (in the extreme case of The Last Guardian, which is the game I have been waiting to buy a PS3 to play - lol) they take years to come out.

Super T.I.M.E. Force has been announced by Capy Games as being playable at E3 so if it's not done then it is likely very very close. Capy has tended to release a game every 2 years so we should see STF soon - as I said, likely this summer all going well.

ive been gone for 7 months fellas... been a long time.

Your recommendations of Left4Dead2 (and its DLC) and Assassin's Creed II really kept me entertained while not having the internet. I appreciate it guys.

ive got 1390 MSP to spend right now... any recommendations? Or should i save up for State of Decay (2 bing reward accounts should pump out some MSP tomorrow or Sunday and another one on wednesdayish)

any arcade titles i missed out since i have been gone?

Hi Juice, welcome back.

As for passed deals, just check the thread. Suffice to say that there was a Dark Souls deal last week or so, and an Alan Wake one too. As for arcade, puzzle quest trilogy has been on sale recently as well. In seven months, Microsoft has done well (though it always could be better).

We didn't see a complete ME DLC deal, if you were waiting for one.

I know for fact they announced SoA at e3 last year. I'm not sure about the year before but they could have. I have been anticipating for them to announce it at e3 and around this time last year I was posting my SoA predictions somewhere. I feel like I should now so here we go:

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, TMNT: Out of the Shadows, Charlie Murder, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Ascend: Hand of Kul

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back