XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know for fact they announced SoA at e3 last year. I'm not sure about the year before but they could have. I have been anticipating for them to announce it at e3 and around this time last year I was posting my SoA predictions somewhere. I feel like I should now so here we go:

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, TMNT: Out of the Shadows, Charlie Murder, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Ascend: Hand of Kul
Most promising one: Super T.I.M.E. Force. I'm so ready to buy it at full price. Same goes for Charlie Murder.

I don't know if this is the right thread for GFWL sales, but some games are now cheaper thanks to price cuts.

Blacklight Tango Down is 80MSP (1$) but I don't know if it's dead.

Bioshock 2 is 400MSP, Shadowrun is 800MSP, Street Fighter 4 is 1200MSP. You can find more with xbldb.

Don't know is Shadowrun it's worth it, I should be able to find games since it's cross-platform with the 360..

Really thinking about buying Sleeping Dogs but I have a bit of a backlog, since I had bought Dark Souls and a few other games on sale. Tried out the State of Decay demo and I really loved it. I'm wondering if I should put off Sleeping Dogs and buy State of Decay..
I would grab Sleeping Dogs for this price and hope SoD goes on sale eventually as you work on your backlog. Sleeping Dogs is the best sandbox game since Red Dead and way better than GTA4 in my opinion. I really liked the State of Decay demo but I don't see the advantage of grabbing it for a whopping 1600 points while I still got games to play. Especially with no multiplayer as incentive.

I don't know if this is the right thread for GFWL sales, but some games are now cheaper thanks to price cuts.
Bioshock 2 is 400MSP, Shadowrun is 800MSP, Street Fighter 4 is 1200MSP. You can find more with xbldb.

Don't know is Shadowrun it's worth it, I should be able to find games since it's cross-platform with the 360..
I'd buy that blacklight tango down for a dollar even though I won't play it.

Hmm, I might pick up Bioshock 2.

I hadn't heard that they changed it into a free-to-play game. That's a little weird. Is Super Time Force really about done? I would've put LocoCycle on the list for Summer of Arcade before it was delayed.
I think they announced it as being F2P way back after last year's E3. Strange that you mentioned LocoCycle, as LocoCycle and Ascend were announced in the same block last year at E3 along with Gore Verbinski's Kinect game, Matter. Sadly they cancelled Matter and LocoCycle looks unlikely to come out on 360 until the end of the 2013 at the earliest, if not later. Looking back and thinking of this year's event, which is around the corner, it's kind of sad how E3 gets you hyped to play something within the next year and often those games either never happen due to cancellations or (in the extreme case of The Last Guardian, which is the game I have been waiting to buy a PS3 to play - lol) they take years to come out.

Super T.I.M.E. Force has been announced by Capy Games as being playable at E3 so if it's not done then it is likely very very close. Capy has tended to release a game every 2 years so we should see STF soon - as I said, likely this summer all going well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gHRXK4smLc

I am not completely sure on the validity of the video, but, TP put it on their official Youtube page...

Really thinking about buying Sleeping Dogs but I have a bit of a backlog, since I had bought Dark Souls and a few other games on sale. Tried out the State of Decay demo and I really loved it. I'm wondering if I should put off Sleeping Dogs and buy State of Decay..
I liked the State of Decay demo, but it was too clunky and stuff to warrant a full price purchase from me. I'll wait for it to go on sale.

Tango down is dead online. It was dead even when I got it for like 10 cents a while ago. No reason to play it since Blacklight: Retribution is a much more polished F2P update to it.

Amazingly, there are still people playing Shadowrun online, although it's a small community.

Finished Sleeping Dogs today, it's alright. For 1200 points or whatever it's good at that price. The game borrows heavily from other games (the combat of the Arkham games, the free running of Assassin's Creed and other things), but it never feels fully committed in copying them so it feels a bit sloppy. It isn't a bad game by any means, it's just nothing memorable and comes off as good, but no where past that.
I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs quite a bit more than you. Like you say, it does borrow from those titles, but I think it was implemented very well without being overdone at all. The combat was smooth to me and a wonderful addition to a GTA-styled sandbox game, where gunplay usually dominates. The missions and story were put together real well, and I felt like the whole package was just great. Probably my favorite game from 2012.

Off-topic: HOLY CRAP, with New CAG you can now HIDE spoiler tag info after un-hiding!!? That easily makes all this updating headache worth it (...or close at least ;)). More on-topic, would just like to say that I absolutely loved Sleeping Dogs--the only GTA-Style game I've played through fully despite having a fascination with the genre since GTA3. I was very pleased to finally see all of the "story DLC" on sale as well as the rest of the costumes and silly side-quest fests. As it's been more than a couple posts since someone else asked how good the game is, I figured I'd put that out there, for them, whoever they inevitably will be.
I think you were always meant to be able to "re-hide" spoiler material, it just didn't work well in Chrome. It worked great in Firefox on CAG 2.0. Can't speak for IE or any other web browsers.

I hope we get an awesome sale because of e3. Similar to how sony upped the PS+ free games next week.
I think you're dreaming a little bit. Seems like if we were getting an E3 specific sale, it would have already been announced. But we have something called the "Sunny Day" sale starting next week, so maybe it will be awesome. I wouldn't count on it though...

I'm in for Sleeping Dogs and some of the DLC. I was waiting for a sale on the physical version but I stocked up on cheap MSP so I'll bite.

State of Decay looks really interesting. I'll probably wait until I'm ready to play it before buying it. I'm currently finishing up KoA. I doubt SoD will go on sale anytime soon, though.

Finished Sleeping Dogs today, it's alright. For 1200 points or whatever it's good at that price. The game borrows heavily from other games (the combat of the Arkham games, the free running of Assassin's Creed and other things), but it never feels fully committed in copying them so it feels a bit sloppy. It isn't a bad game by any means, it's just nothing memorable and comes off as good, but no where past that.
I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs quite a bit more than you. Like you say, it does borrow from those titles, but I think it was implemented very well without being overdone at all. The combat was smooth to me and a wonderful addition to a GTA-styled sandbox game, where gunplay usually dominates. The missions and story were put together real well, and I felt like the whole package was just great. Probably my favorite game from 2012.
I Think my personal bias of the thing was I love Saints Row and just alot of things about Sleeping Dogs just constantly got me thinking "Man, I can't wait for the next Saints Row". Also I have no idea why Emma Stone agreed to be in the game. Like it boggles the mind as to why she basically agreed to come onto the game for what amounts to a 5 minute cameo.

I Think my personal bias of the thing was I love Saints Row and just alot of things about Sleeping Dogs just constantly got me thinking "Man, I can't wait for the next Saints Row". Also I have no idea why Emma Stone agreed to be in the game. Like it boggles the mind as to why she basically agreed to come onto the game for what amounts to a 5 minute cameo.
While I haven't played a ton of Sleeping Dogs, GTA clone is not even a thing I had ever considered as a descriptor for that game. The combat alone makes it a different beast altogether.

Yeah, when I saw her name in the credits and noticed her voice, I was very surprised that they didn't give her a bigger role in the game. I don't hold that against the game or anything, but it was odd.

Sorry for the repost, but has anyone bought the SWAT pack? I'd love to hear a description of the kind of missions from that before buying. Like are they real missions or just a series of run of the mill tasks... like the car theft and money collection "missions."

Hey guys, I know it's been discussed before the usb HD for backup our arcade/GoD. Do you recommend a WD My Passport 500gb? I can't hyperlink to amazon because the forum crashes. At amazon it's about $65, though I'm from Europe and the price will be different.

edit: wow, you can rate topics now!! full stardom to this one :bouncy:

Hey guys, I know it's been discussed before the usb HD for backup our arcade/GoD. Do you recommend a WD My Passport 500gb? I can't hyperlink to amazon because the forum crashes. At amazon it's about $65, though I'm from Europe and the price will be different.

edit: wow, you can rate topics now!! full stardom to this one :bouncy:
I would go with a much smaller hard drive or flash drive. Unless I'm mistaken, you can only utilize 32gb per device with a max of 2 devices.

I would go with a much smaller hard drive or flash drive. Unless I'm mistaken, you can only utilize 32gb per device with a max of 2 devices.
Really?? There is a limit of 32gb?? That's not good. edit: thanks mate, I've been searching around, and I've found that a usb 3.0 flash drive works wonders when plugged on a usb 2.0, so I'll try one on the x360.

Btw, how can I quote on this? apparently if I press "quote" nothing happens, since the reply window is all black. I have to go to full editor in order to post.

Really?? There is a limit of 32gb?? That's not good.

Btw, how can I quote on this? apparently if I press "quote" nothing happens, since the reply window is all black. I have to go to full editor in order to post.
I had the quote button completely disappear a few days ago. I'm gonna assume it's all just the byproduct of site construction and will work itself out.

Oh, and the quote button's working for me right now (obviously).

I'm 60% done with the story and 40% overall and really like the combat mechanics. It's different enough to differentiate it from all the dominant shooting sandbox games. It's a good game for that price. I'm having fun with it.

I agree that Emma Stone was wasted with her short cameo. There are a lot of well known Asian actors in the game too. That seems obvious but I mean if you don't follow them you probably think they are a random nameless person/just another Asian, but some of them are underutilized too.

tylerh1701: I'm glad you're still on board as the curator of this thread, it remains one of my favorites here on CAG. :applause:

Cleaner7: I haven't given up on our backlog support group. I'm hoping to complete one or two titles this weekend in fact. :pray:

Crono-00: It just isn't the same without your wonderful walls of text, hopefully all the new format kinks are worked out soon. :wall:
I agree with your messages to the other two people in the thread. And am happy you are working on two titles. Which ones? I've abandoned everything while working on Sleeping Dogs.

I know for fact they announced SoA at e3 last year. I'm not sure about the year before but they could have. I have been anticipating for them to announce it at e3 and around this time last year I was posting my SoA predictions somewhere. I feel like I should now so here we go:

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, TMNT: Out of the Shadows, Charlie Murder, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Ascend: Hand of Kul
Nice predictions. I agree with all except Ascend just because it's F2P and the past 2-3 SoAs they had a purchase all get x MSP back promos. That Capy game is also close to completion so I'll replace Ascend with that. :)

I hope we get an awesome sale because of e3. Similar to how sony upped the PS+ free games next week.
Oh! Oh! I have a great idea for this.

MASS EFFECT SERIES - ALL DLC - HALF OFF!

The only thing that could make me more upset than the next console is not having that stuff go on sale before the next console is released.

Oh! Oh! I have a great idea for this.

MASS EFFECT SERIES - ALL DLC - HALF OFF!

The only thing that could make me more upset than the next console is not having that stuff go on sale before the next console is released.
With how eager Microsoft has been to please the gaming community or calm the fires by setting people's houses on fire, it may just end up being MASS EFFECT SERIES - ALL DLC MARKED UP 200%! SHOULD'VE BOUGHT IT WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT, SUCKERS! NOW BUY OUR NEW CONSOLE!

well i have had a few days to soak in the XBLA... cant say that i missed jack shit lol

darkstalkers will be a pick up when it goes on sale for sure. I havnt had the chance to play the state of decay demo, but my bing rewards points will spit out what i need to pick it up if i think its worth a full price purchase.

Any recommendations out there? Bioshock 2 for 5 bucks is looking awfully damn enticing, anyone know if thats a perm drop or not? Seems unlikely... 

Bioshock is windows game not GoD I believe.

General consensus is state of decay is pretty great, though chock full of visual (non game breaking) glitches. It's selling so well I can't see a sale any time soon, but personally I am going to pick it up the second I hear its patched.

Sorry for the repost, but has anyone bought the SWAT pack? I'd love to hear a description of the kind of missions from that before buying. Like are they real missions or just a series of run of the mill tasks... like the car theft and money collection "missions."
Checked out the SWAT pack on youtube. Looks like the kind of run of the mill tasks that I was afraid of. Gonna pass on this.

Also played Year of the Snake last night. Took about 2.5 hours. This was the kind of thing I was hoping for in Sleeping Dogs DLC.. WAYY better than Nightmare in North Point. Disposing of bomb laden cars, dispersing crowds with a tear gas canister gun (which unlocks in the regular game too) and a good ratio of hand-to-hand and gun combat. Totally worth this price.

I want Bioshock Infinite to come to the dashboard. I have 4000 MS points, but I don't know how to spend them. I did buy NBA 2k13 for 2400 last week though ($10 total on MS points from my pocket.) I am looking for a good game, Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider piqued my interest. I think I might wait till June 11th for the new sale. 

Cleaner7: I haven't given up on our backlog support group. I'm hoping to complete one or two titles this weekend in fact. :pray:
I agree with your messages to the other two people in the thread. And am happy you are working on two titles. Which ones? I've abandoned everything while working on Sleeping Dogs.
I'm sorry to say that it doesn't look like I'm going to get through two. One is still doable though, I should finish El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron soon but too much real life got in the way this weekend to hope for a second. I do need to knock out that Kinect game with Captain America and the LMFAO guy but I'm not sure that should count for our group's June contest! ;)

Bioshock is windows game not GoD I believe.

General consensus is state of decay is pretty great, though chock full of visual (non game breaking) glitches. It's selling so well I can't see a sale any time soon, but personally I am going to pick it up the second I hear its patched.
Yeah, I just looked. Normal price as a GoD.

Can anybody recommend the year of the dragon and nightmare dlc's for sleeping dogs? I just picked up the game today while it was still on sale.

I may bite on Sleeping Dogs. The melee combat in Arkham Asylum was one of my favorite things about that game (along with how easy it was to get around), and the combat in the SD demo flowed very similarly. The shooting in SD reminds me a bit of the first two Max Paynes (the third is on my short wish list), and slap on some decent driving mechanics (from what I've heard) and a cool Hong Kong crime atmosphere, and I'm fairly optimistic I'd get my moneys worth..... I really didn't get into GTA IV at all, but Sleeping Dogs could be the knockoff for me.

I may bite on Sleeping Dogs. The melee combat in Arkham Asylum was one of my favorite things about that game (along with how easy it was to get around), and the combat in the SD demo flowed very similarly. The shooting in SD reminds me a bit of the first two Max Paynes (the third is on my short wish list), and slap on some decent driving mechanics (from what I've heard) and a cool Hong Kong crime atmosphere, and I'm fairly optimistic I'd get my moneys worth..... I really didn't get into GTA IV at all, but Sleeping Dogs could be the knockoff for me.
Honestly, I LOOOOOVED the PS2 GTA games, didn't like GTA4 either, but SD is a real good game, the combat, shooting and driving all work really well.

Can anybody recommend the year of the dragon and nightmare dlc's for sleeping dogs? I just picked up the game today while it was still on sale.
Look 4 posts above yours.
Oh ok, good, one person posted their thoughts...is it alright if I get more than one opinion? Or you going to get your panties in a bunch?
Yeah, no. If you would actually read the thread, you would see multiple people asked that same question, and got multiple answers.

Tell me about it I'm down to 12gb left out of 320gb from halo 4 console.does anyone know if i can use an external hard drive for downloads?
Yes but only 32gb of that HD gets read or utilized by the Xbox. You can connect 2 USB devices at a time and have 32gb on each. So it tends to be more useful to have USB sticks instead of a HD connected as what's the point in using a 500gb HD for 32gb of space. The only positive I find with a HD is that you actually get 32gb of space on it whereas a USB stick often only has 30gb of space you can actually use.

Fable 3 is free on Xbox.com. You have to click on "Buy Now" and it will show up as free in the purchase menu. There's a thread about it in the Contests/Free Stuff section.

Fable 3 is free on Xbox.com. You have to click on "Buy Now" and it will show up as free in the purchase menu. There's a thread about it in the Contests/Free Stuff section.
Awesome thanks. I don't check the Free Stuff section enough.

Do you think I need to download it tonight or will is still be available in the morning? I already "purchased" it, but I want to know if I should get out of bed and start it tonight.

And now I beat both Sleeping Dogs DLC (or mostly just the ones with cheezmints I mean). I Say you can skip Nightmare in North Point. I Finished the main story and the side missions in about an hour, but to get full 100% cheezmints it takes more grinding then I care to do. Year of the Snake has much more content and once finished gives you some new gear and weapons to use in main story and though the ending was SUPER anti climactic I enjoyed it well enough to not feel gypped.

Overall I was never into the True Crime series and Sleeping Dogs was just alright to me, but I am interested if it'll get a sequel because it feels like one of those games that if they keep building on it'll be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back