XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to get off topic, but I need help. For anyone who's played played/beaten RE4 on 360, how did you get past the control scheme? I just started my play through and I BARELY survived the first 3 minutes of the game. Aiming is near impossible.
Have you tried using Type B controls? I found it to work much better and didn't have a problem with the controls after switching.

I hate to get off topic, but I need help. For anyone who's played played/beaten RE4 on 360, how did you get past the control scheme? I just started my play through and I BARELY survived the first 3 minutes of the game. Aiming is near impossible.
I really don't get why they didn't add a new control option, especially since the 360 version is a port of the Wii one, so they had to adjust some stuff already. They went as lazy as possible with both 4 and Code Veronica X "HD"

That said, it's not THAT bad that it's impossible to get used to. Just keep going.

Alright guys ima give it another shot (not like I have a choice since I paid for the game). I guess im too used to the controller schemes of current shooters, but good god almighty if the sound effects and mainly everything about the game looks very outdated. Sucks you can't custom make your controls.

Alright guys ima give it another shot (not like I have a choice since I paid for the game). I guess im too used to the controller schemes of current shooters, but good god almighty if the sound effects and mainly everything about the game looks very outdated. Sucks you can't custom make your controls.
The game is still much better then RE5 and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then RE6. I Also beat it a few months ago on 360 and I can attest it takes awhile to get use to, but after awhile you'll get it and I used control scheme B. Eitherway still a classic.

You get used to it. No, seriously, you do. I thought the same thing when I started the 360 version.
this. The first few times I tried playing it I couldn't stand the controls... then magically 5-6 hours went by and I didn't even notice the controls, just don't play on the harder difficulty and give it some time, it gets awesome.

I bought Catherine for my wife but when we try to load it it only gives us a red square in the lower left corner of the screen. Anyone else have this issue?

any idea on when that state of decay patch may drop?

its the only thing keeping me from buying right away...
I have the Undead Labs Title Update Forum bookmarked and check it every day. It sounds like either Friday or Monday at the very latest. You don't have to wait until it drops to buy it, though, as it's already a done deal; they're just waiting for MS to finalize/implement it. I bought it day one but I'm waiting for the patch before I plunge in.

Re: the DOTW: I'm already a fan of Worms, but the second I realized that Worms Revolution is narrated by Matt Berry (Douglas Reynholm from the IT Crowd) it was an insta-buy for me.

edit: sorry if it's been asked but i didn't see it, do people still play LotR:GOME online?

As the others have said, controller scheme B is the best option for that game (change it through the options menu). Try it, I couldn't play with scheme A.

edit: sorry if it's been asked but i didn't see it, do people still play LotR:GOME online?
I've asked this twice and haven't gotten a response. I went ahead and bought it and the pass. But I haven't had a chance to play yet...
Last time I logged in, it was 1-3 minutes waits for matches. The fanbase that did play was pretty dedicated. Anyone who still plays, feel free to add me, I'm about to start playing again.

I've asked this twice and haven't gotten a response. I went ahead and bought it and the pass. But I haven't had a chance to play yet...
It's not a huge community anymore but there are usually plenty of games going on and you'll maybe wait at most a couple of minutes for a match during peak hours. I might as well actually pick this up so I don't have to use my housemate's console to play lol

Fable III is either no longer free, or it is glitching.  It's currently displayed with the "Special Gold Price" marker, but the price is listed twice at $19.99.

I'll forth (or whatever) the people saying to switch to control scheme B. Scheme A felt quite awkward, and going to scheme B holding LT and RT instead of RT and X felt much more natural. The only downside is I feel the knife is even more difficult to use, but the rest of the layout makes up for it.

As for game difficulty, I played RE4 for the first time myself last month. I had more difficulty in the village (specially the beginning of chapter 1-2 and the dynamite throwers in confined spaces than I did for most of the game.

Fable III is either no longer free, or it is glitching. It's currently displayed with the "Special Gold Price" marker, but the price is listed twice at $19.99.
Did you switch to the microsoft points option when you're checking out? It should still be showing there as free while the credit option is indeed screwy (was showing the double $19.99 then as well).

Fable III is either no longer free, or it is glitching. It's currently displayed with the "Special Gold Price" marker, but the price is listed twice at $19.99.
It's no longer free. It's funny because they even put a link on the main xbox webpage to the game as being free (I saw it this morning or yesterday night). Guess it's because e3 is over?

I know when I grabbed fable 3 it appeared that it was 19.99 but when clicked on the purchase button it shows up as free.  Maybe that is causing confusion?

Anyone have any positive feedback for Cursed Crusade? Debating it, but don't know much about it.
You're not going to get it.
lol, thanks Dad. maybe this is what we need more of from CAGS, on the fence about a sub par game? just say no bro!
The game has had pretty much universally bad things said about it from everybody that has played it, so asking for positive thoughts and feedback isn't going to result in anything.

I'm considering Worms 2: Armageddon for 200 and Worms Revolution 600. Does anyone have any input about either? Is Revolution worth the extra 400 points, will I get about the same experience either way, or does anyone even play either of these anymore? Thanks in advance.

I'll forth (or whatever) the people saying to switch to control scheme B. Scheme A felt quite awkward, and going to scheme B holding LT and RT instead of RT and X felt much more natural. The only downside is I feel the knife is even more difficult to use, but the rest of the layout makes up for it.

As for game difficulty, I played RE4 for the first time myself last month. I had more difficulty in the village (specially the beginning of chapter 1-2 and the dynamite throwers in confined spaces than I did for most of the game.

Did you switch to the microsoft points option when you're checking out? It should still be showing there as free while the credit option is indeed screwy (was showing the double $19.99 then as well).
I switched to controller scheme B and i'm still not used to aiming with the right analog stick (too much COD I suppose). Playing through this game is going to be brutal. Luckily I have the Last of Us to stop from playing Re4.....for now.

Did you guys actually add Fable 3 to your cart?  When I grabbed it Monday, the 19.99 prices were showing on it and was only showing as free when it was in my cart.

Anyone else pick up Tomb Raider Underworld? Pretty good for $10? I used to like the old Tomb Raiders. Hadn't ever played this one, but for $10, I was wondering what others thoguht about it...

Finally played State of Decay. Is this a reference to the graphical glitches? The controls are kind of stiff and some of the environments needed time to load while I was driving. It reminded me of an unfinished Dead Island.

Yet I still liked it. For 800 points, I would pick it up.

Speaking of 800 points, I noticed that's the price point for Duke Nukem 3-D. Has that title ever gone on sale?

It's not free anymore?

This page (which is for GB not US) says it should be free til the 30th.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Live/game-with-gold
Then I might be confused by the webpage. Yesteday it stated that was free for gold members, but some time later, it didn't say such thing and it appeared as a 39.99€ game. At the game's purchase options, there are two prices, one 39.99 for silver members, and then for gold also 39.99, but if you click upon it, it's free. They messed the web again. Hence my confusion.

Anyone else pick up Tomb Raider Underworld? Pretty good for $10? I used to like the old Tomb Raiders. Hadn't ever played this one, but for $10, I was wondering what others thoguht about it...
Crystal Dynamics has taken pretty good care of the series. I enjoyed playing through the 360 version. I would say it's worth $10. It's been a while since I've played the game, but if memory serves there's two DLC packs that are exclusive to the 360, and they serve to tie up some of the loose ends that the retail game leaves hanging.

any idea on when that state of decay patch may drop?

its the only thing keeping me from buying right away...
I have the Undead Labs Title Update Forum bookmarked and check it every day. It sounds like either Friday or Monday at the very latest. You don't have to wait until it drops to buy it, though, as it's already a done deal; they're just waiting for MS to finalize/implement it. I bought it day one but I'm waiting for the patch before I plunge in.

Re: the DOTW: I'm already a fan of Worms, but the second I realized that Worms Revolution is narrated by Matt Berry (Douglas Reynholm from the IT Crowd) it was an insta-buy for me.
just pulled the trigger... im looking forward to this so much, i quit plaything the demo upon finding maya and coming back to the ranger station... didnt want to spoil anything else for myself. Here is hoping we get that patch tomorrow...

I dont even feel wrong for paying full price for this game O,o

Finally played State of Decay. Is this a reference to the graphical glitches? The controls are kind of stiff and some of the environments needed time to load while I was driving. It reminded me of an unfinished Dead Island.

Yet I still liked it. For 800 points, I would pick it up.

Speaking of 800 points, I noticed that's the price point for Duke Nukem 3-D. Has that title ever gone on sale?
I paid 400 points for Duke 3d couple years ago.

I bought Catherine for my wife but when we try to load it it only gives us a red square in the lower left corner of the screen. Anyone else have this issue?
Sounds like you might have to delete it and download it again.
Unfortunately, I've tried deleting it and downloading again three times...the only difference it made is after the second download it actually showed an image from the game instead of a just a red box before freezing up my 360.

Unfortunately, I've tried deleting it and downloading again three times...the only difference it made is after the second download it actually showed an image from the game instead of a just a red box before freezing up my 360.
You could try to clear the system cache. If you have a saved game you may have to delete it. That happened with my DL copy of Dark Souls.

You could try to clear the system cache. If you have a saved game you may have to delete it. That happened with my DL copy of Dark Souls.
Alas...clearing the cache has already been tried and I've never been able to get the game to load far enough to generate a save file.

can anyone tell me what happened to the thread about silver members being able to sign up for 2 months of gold for $2?  I searched but couldnt find it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back