XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if anyone has mentioned it but Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3 ARE the first free games to be released. And games will be released on the 1st and 16th of every month up until XBone's release. I wonder what titles will be next?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15332-Microsoft-Puts-a-Date-on-Free-Xbox-Live-Gold-Games.html
Dammit I have Fable 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 and I hate Halo. Nothing for me so far.

Well I finally played another Sonic game since Sonic 1 and I have to say the demo for Generations did seem fun. Will be getting it. The only thing was that when Sonic starts speeding up in the 2D levels I cant make out what the hell I'm doing. Anybody else have this problem?

Hey guys, for someone who really enjoyed Sonic Adventures 2 back on Dreamcast, is this port worth 400MSP?

I'm already thinking about buying Jet Set Radio and NiGHTS

About the "games for gold" thing, in the site there was a line like "kinect required for some games" so I expect something like gunstringer..

About the "games for gold" thing, in the site there was a line like "kinect required for some games" so I expect something like gunstringer..
I hope not. Since it was bundled with one of the Kinect bundle a lot of people out there will already have it. I don't put it past Microsoft to not think things through before they make a decision. Case in point: Xbox One DRM.

I hope not. Since it was bundled with one of the Kinect bundle a lot of people out there will already have it. I don't put it past Microsoft to not think things through before they make a decision. Case in point: Xbox One DRM.
Unfortunately it's true. I was expecting a Gears, a Crackdown, or a PGR in the next few months but now I have to include a Kinect Sports, a Dance Central, or a kids oriented Kinect game as well.

Terms & Conditions: *“Games with Gold” free games offer available 6/10/13-12/31/13 for qualified paid Gold members only. Two free games per month starts on July 1. The game available in June is a special bonus game that will be available from 6/10 – 6/30. Each participating Xbox 360 game (selected by Xbox) available for download from Marketplace only during specified half-month window; available games may vary by country. Some titles may only be available for download by account holders 18+. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games. Offer available in all Xbox Live countries while supplies last, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other rebate or offer. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold

I still can't find a Kinect for cheap (also picked up Wreckateer when it was free for a limited time) so I'm not going to play them, but since they're free games I can't complain.
I bought both Fable 3 and AC2 on PC right before they were announced as part of the program.. :p

I still can't find a Kinect for cheap (also picked up Wreckateer when it was free for a limited time) so I'm not going to play them, but since they're free games I can't complain.
I bought both Fable 3 and AC2 on PC right before they were announced as part of the program.. :p
Have you tried looking on Craigslist? In my area, I have seen a lot of them for around $40(not sure if you consider that cheap or not, and obviously with CL, Your results may vary....).

Hey guys, for someone who really enjoyed Sonic Adventures 2 back on Dreamcast, is this port worth 400MSP?
I'm already thinking about buying Jet Set Radio and NiGHTS
I say its worth it, I still find it fun. On the other hand I played Jet Set Radio on the PS3 and for some reason I cant get into that game at all but on the dreamcast it was one of my favorite game.

Check out the AWD thread. They have them up for around $40 as well, if that's around the price you wanted.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned it but Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3 ARE the first free games to be released. And games will be released on the 1st and 16th of every month up until XBone's release. I wonder what titles will be next?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15332-Microsoft-Puts-a-Date-on-Free-Xbox-Live-Gold-Games.html
Dammit I have Fable 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 and I hate Halo. Nothing for me so far.

Well I finally played another Sonic game since Sonic 1 and I have to say the demo for Generations did seem fun. Will be getting it. The only thing was that when Sonic starts speeding up in the 2D levels I cant make out what the hell I'm doing. Anybody else have this problem?
Had the same problem. Kinda strained the eyes.

I've noticed there's an "Avatar Clearance Sale" which includes the Mega Man 25th anniversary stuff and also some stuff from Adventure Time and Jurassic Park. Does anyone know if these are one week only? I didn't see them anywhere in the OP and I've read at least a few pages back in the thread.

Speaking of which, I'm a bit late to the party, but:

p2e_FinderKeeper.png

Kind of plain, but a nice gesture on top of the points and avatar stuff.
That sale is for one week only, per Major Nelson's blog post. Tomorrow (the 24th of June) will be the last day to get those on sale.

As for them not being in the OP, well...xbldb.com doesn't keep track of those and I was too lazy to put the sale info together from the Xbox dashboard.

After purchasing The Cave on sale this week, I gotta say it's well worth the 600 points (just in case anyone has doubts)

This is coming from a fan of puzzle, platforming, adventure, and action games.

Got that rewards VIP exclusive email.

It's a fucking image that someone could photoshop themselves into since its just a gamer pic and your user, if they were desperate enough, and some lousy stats.

Bullshit.

Oh well, at least Limbo is finally going on sale soon.

It's a fucking image that someone could photoshop themselves into since its just a gamer pic and your user, if they were desperate enough, and some lousy stats.

Bullshit.

not really that great of a discount IMO, since you've been able to get the XBLA triple pack for $10 pretty regularly. I guess if you have discount/bing points it's a decent price, but 400 seems like the price it should be on sale for.

I played 3 levels of limbo after I bought it. Wasn't impressed but itself opinion. I guess it was hyped up and I thought it was going to b more than it is. U should buy the triple pack at a used electronics store and get it with 2 other games for 5 or 10$

Yep, and you're supposed to have that problem.

Bullshit.

Were you honestly expecting anything else? That's usually what VIPs get.

So how well did Daytona age? I'm not really a fan of the original or a racing fan in general. Just trying to check some items off my SEGA list. Easy cheevos don't hurt either. The only two titles I don't already have from this sale are that and Jet Grind Radio. Not picking up the latter due to control issues.

So how well did Daytona age? I'm not really a fan of the original or a racing fan in general. Just trying to check some items off my SEGA list. Easy cheevos don't hurt either. The only two titles I don't already have from this sale are that and Jet Grind Radio. Not picking up the latter due to control issues.
Still better suited for the arcade just like when it originally came out. Otherwise when you play it now it's a pretty bare bones in the simplest form kind of racer without much depth. The easy 200/200 does help in putting up with alot of the problems though if that's what you're going for, but this isn't one of those games you're going to constantly revisit unless you have super nostalgic memories of playing it growing up.

Grabbed Sonic Adventure, the DX upgrade, and Sonic Unleashed. I have Unleashed on my Wii, but it was outsourced (Dimps might have been in charge), so it plays differently, has less stages, and you can't walk around the towns. After playing the 360 version I've decided it's much better, but not quite as good as Colors or Generations.

Bethesda confirmed permanent price drops on games and DLC. I believe the OP has most of these noted but just in case:

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/06/21/new-prices-for-digital-content/

Serious Sam Collection officially coming July 13:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n13750/serious-sam-collection-release-date-and-screens.htm

Last time I checked Amazon listed it at $39.99 so I'd wait for a sale.

Heres my problem, I have only 600 MSP and i want:

The Cave, Limbo, and Sine Mora

I enjoy all those kinds of game genres, but i can only buy 1 this week (thx Sonic generations, and rent)

Whats everyone's thoughts on these?

I enjoy all those kinds of game genres, but i can only buy 1 this week (thx Sonic generations, and rent)

I'd say pass on Limbo. Simply because I hated Limbo. Otherwise, Sega has sales or price drops at a pretty reasonable pace, so I think The Cave will be on sale again. So I'd say Sine Mora not only because I enjoy shoot em ups and good Suda games, but worse comes to worse I'm sure you could probably find that Limbo/Splosion Man/Trials HD 3 pack for under $10 if you really wanted to play Limbo.

Limbo is my favorite of those 3. I've only put about an hour into Sine Mora, it's pretty good too.

I'd say pass on Limbo. Simply because I hated Limbo. Otherwise, Sega has sales or price drops at a pretty reasonable pace, so I think The Cave will be on sale again. So I'd say Sine Mora not only because I enjoy shoot em ups and good Suda games, but worse comes to worse I'm sure you could probably find that Limbo/Splosion Man/Trials HD 3 pack for under $10 if you really wanted to play Limbo.
I was also thinking Sine Mora as well. Limbo is the only game i don't own off the triple xbla pack (hence why i haven't bought that). The Cave has been on my mind for awhile, but it may be something that a steam sale would eventually have too. Thx for the input. BTW i also LOVE Shmups, so i know i wont be disappointed either way.

I was also thinking Sine Mora as well. Limbo is the only game i don't own off the triple xbla pack (hence why i haven't bought that). The Cave has been on my mind for awhile, but it may be something that a steam sale would eventually have too. Thx for the input. BTW i also LOVE Shmups, so i know i wont be disappointed either way.
Also just note I am of the small minority on this whole site I think who hated Limbo. Though I also say Sine Mora simply because what Microsoft puts on sale in terms of what they publish is so damn inconsistent. At least with Limbo there are other means you can go through to find a deal on it, but Microsoft has such a weird way in choosing what goes on sale off their vast publisher library that it makes it risky to see if another sale for Sine Mora comes to 360 again. Case in point, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tootie are owned by Microsoft, but are super rarely put on sale.

Also just note I am of the small minority on this whole site I think who hated Limbo. Though I also say Sine Mora simply because what Microsoft puts on sale in terms of what they publish is so damn inconsistent. At least with Limbo there are other means you can go through to find a deal on it, but Microsoft has such a weird way in choosing what goes on sale off their vast publisher library that it makes it risky to see if another sale for Sine Mora comes to 360 again. Case in point, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tootie are owned by Microsoft, but are super rarely put on sale.
I didn't find Limbo appealing as well. What we need is Shadow Complex 2, dammit.

I'm actually dying to play through Limbo, and i know another sale for it on XBLA is a rare treat, same goes with Sine Mora. The Cave, i'd probably rather have on PC because its adventure/puzzle/platforming mechanics, are better suited to a mouse/keyboard combo. I guess since i have a week to play through demos of both Limbo, and Sine Mora i'll have time to decide. The cave can wait for now.

I hate the last minute transition of "Great XBLA sale" to "Good XBLA sale". (another reason to hate Mondays i guess) :cry:

I'm actually dying to play through Limbo, and i know another sale for it on XBLA is a rare treat, same goes with Sine Mora. The Cave, i'd probably rather have on PC because its adventure/puzzle/platforming mechanics, are better suited to a mouse/keyboard combo. I guess since i have a week to play through demos of both Limbo, and Sine Mora i'll have time to decide. The cave can wait for now.

I hate the last minute transition of "Great XBLA sale" to "Good XBLA sale". (another reason to hate Mondays i guess) :cry:
I know this is off topic for the XBL thread, but because you mentioned you wouldn't mind getting it on Steam, I thought you might be interested in this:

Sine Mora - Historical Low: $2.49 at GreenMan Gaming on May 15, 2013

Limbo - Historical Low: $2.49 at Steam on Apr 11, 2013

The Cave - Historical Low: $4.99 at Amazon US on May 16, 2013

Just something to consider, though it sounds like you've mostly made up your mind :)

I caved and bought Guardian Heroes for $2. I wasn't planning on it but after replaying the trial I gave in. My friend and I have been on a co-op binge lately so it should be right up our alley.

My favorite of those 3 is Sine Mora without a doubt, though difficult, it's a great game (In fact, I don't like the others two).

does the rocksmith DLC ever go on sale historically? i got it today bc bestbuy had new copies for $30. i've never been able to play the tabs for reptilia well, so i'm a little interested in the strokes and a couple of the foo fighters songs. i wish the game just said string names instead of colours or had the option to have tab numbers fly at you instead of the fretboard, but it's def geared towards people who've never played before so i get the choices the developers made.

edit: damn just saw the prices for the first time and this shits expensive. even with 66% off points i'm not crazy about it. def only gonna consider songs that the tabs give me trouble of like reptilia. i can't imagine anyone would pay $3 a song to learn some blink 182 haha.

I know this is off topic for the XBL thread, but because you mentioned you wouldn't mind getting it on Steam, I thought you might be interested in this:

Sine Mora - Historical Low: $2.49 at GreenMan Gaming on May 15, 2013

Limbo - Historical Low: $2.49 at Steam on Apr 11, 2013

The Cave - Historical Low: $4.99 at Amazon US on May 16, 2013

Just something to consider, though it sounds like you've mostly made up your mind :)
Limbo and The Cave work pretty well on my PC, via Steam. I could wait for a proper sale on there. But Sine More chugs even on my current PC. I'll probably pickup Sine Mora tomorrow on XBLA, but i'd rather have a flawless experience for all three on my trusty Xbox, that's why i was considering The Cave Tonight, and skipping a few bucks off of rent for Limbo and Sine Mora. Or being the cheap ass i am, just buying one, and wait for the next sale in a few months/years.

Decisions Decisions...

Sadly, I own everything in the Microsoft Studios sale list that I'm interested in. The best I can hope for next week is some 80msp Fruit Ninja Kinect DLC so I can work on 100% completion...

Sine Mora is great, but it's also very challenging for a side-scrolling shmup. There's a lot going on, and the levels are long. It's not your classic Gradius-style game, more or less strategy combined with reflexes.

But the achievements for the DLC may not unlock with the disc version, just read a thread about it on X360a.org.
they are glitched in general don't buy sa1 DX upgrade expecting to get achievements, i have the digi version and i didn't even get them. all you really get is a metal sonic skin. not worth the bandwidth. (ok i know there's more but that's literally the highlight of it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back