XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Any feedback on the Fire Pro Wrestling game that's discounted this week? I would love to get some CAG feedback on this.
Very dull. I got it for free and played a fair bit of offline but continued trudging through solely for achievements. Well, that and the entertainment factor from literally spanking opponents. The move unlock system is very bland, and a little frustrating. The upgradeable stats are lackluster and seem to matter little outside of equipping moves and a few differences here and there. Also, it has an unobtainable achievement.

I recommend everyone pass.

I've never bought anything on Happy Wars, but I think that is quite a fine game and a good example of how you can make micro-tranasaction games as best as possible, without the need to actually pay to enjoy.
I still play the crap out of Happy Wars offline (Training). Very good game but has abysmal matchmaking online. I got to around Lvl 30 before giving up on online play mostly. I've never bought anything either, but I can play online and see plenty that do spend, given their outfits and equipment.

I've also gotten a lot of local multiplayer fun out of Harm's Way, honestly.

I bet Spartacus makes a lot of money on micros, though that may be the first free game I pass on.

Have most of the stuff already on sale this week. May have to check out Bloodforge though.

As for Toy Soldiers: Cold War, I already have the first game which I've barely played thanks to all those free promo codes not too long ago. For the sequel, is it just more of the same or does it improve on the first in any way?

Have most of the stuff already on sale this week. May have to check out Bloodforge though.

As for Toy Soldiers: Cold War, I already have the first game which I've barely played thanks to all those free promo codes not too long ago. For the sequel, is it just more of the same or does it improve on the first in any way?
I haven't played it, but remember hearing it was a huge improvement over the first.

I haven't played it, but remember hearing it was a huge improvement over the first.
*Deep Breath*

The original Toy Soldiers is probably my 3rd favorite game on XBLA, after Braid and Super Meat Boy. The original features a full campaign of about 12 campaign levels and 4 difficulty settings. After beating the main Allied Campaign, you actually unlock a full German campaign which features the same 12 levels played from the German side of the battle. Because the field layouts are entirely different, it is essentially a whole new campaign.

Toy Soldiers 1 can be rather challenging at times if you want to play it on normal difficulty or higher, but it was so satisfying when you finally beat the level.

Toy Soldiers: Cold War is the same game but added many many new features. And while most of the added features are really cool, they really brought down the challenge level of the game a lot. A couple of the cool features they added we're co-op (I think, I acutally didn't play any coop) and the ability to zoom with the weapons on your towers.

Another feature added is what basically amounts to a "save-state" feature, where if you failed you could go back to a previous wave and replay the game. Definitely a useful feature, but a lot of the fun of the original TS was replaying and perfecting the early waves as best you can so that you're better prepared for the final waves and bosses. This "save-state" feature made the game much much much easier.

They also added killstreak rewards (such as air strikes and a Rambo-style character who was able to take out whole waves) which, while cool, also nerfed a lot of the challenge out of the game.

They also added some minigames that are mostly irrelevant but good 5-15 minute time wasters. Unfortunately there is only one 13 level campaign in Toy Soldiers:Cold War, so compared to the original's 24 levels, it was almost half as long. I probably spent 25+ hours with Toy Soldiers (loving every minute of it) and maybe 10-12 with TS: Cold War due to its neutered campaign and relative easiness.

The gameplay of both Toy Soldiers games is absolutely phenomenal. It's not a super deep tower defense game, but there's enough variety that strategy is still needed (especially in the first game). Mixing that with the ability to take over the towers and attack your enemies and it gives tower defense a new flavor. You don't have to just set up your towers and watch the results; your aiming and shooting abilities will affect the outcome of the game.

I easily recommend both Toy Soldiers at this price. I enjoyed the original WAY more than the sequel, but Cold War still bring enough to the table to be worth $7.50. If you just want to get your toes wet in the genre, I'd probably recommend checking out Cold War first. Don't get me wrong, the original is hard but it's not tough as nails. But for the original, prepare more of a time investment because there is way more focus on learning the waves, figuring out which towers work best against which types of enemies, and no save-states.

I just played the trial, which cut me off when boss tank was moving to phase 3. Not sure if that was intentional or just out of time. Also not sure why I heard Cold War wasn't as good as the first. The trial was great. I really like the original, and there are some nice improvements in Cold War - such as co-op, better aiming with turrets, better descriptions of the trade offs w/ upgrading, and because of the later setting the guided missles have better maneuverability, you get night vision modes, you can run around as Rambo w/ a rocket laucher and m60 instead of just as tanks (assuming you do get remote control tanks in full version aswell tho), and helicopters. I thought it was a neat touch that in the r/c heli, there were battery pickups to prolong your flight time. Not sure if tanks and jets will have that limitation; in the orginal those types survived as long as they could. With tanks you also had a 30 sec or so window to pop out and mess w/ turrets before it would reset.

If you didn't get in on the free original, some nice person might still have a few codes (not me, gave away extras long ago). Otherwise, you should try out the demos and buy them. Totally worth 600 pts each, it's only a shame the dlc isn't on sale as well as I like these games a lot and would jump on more levels and turret types.

have the penny arcade games EVER been on sale before? With both episodes 3 & 4 being widely accepted as the better duo in the quadrilogy and the fact that the first duo is near ancient status on the market place im extremely surprised that they are still 800 msp... i do realize that they were alot more before, but that was like 3-4 years ago and i dont recall them ever being on sale.

have the penny arcade games EVER been on sale before? With both episodes 3 & 4 being widely accepted as the better duo in the quadrilogy and the fact that the first duo is near ancient status on the market place im extremely surprised that they are still 800 msp... i do realize that they were alot more before, but that was like 3-4 years ago and i dont recall them ever being on sale.
XBLDB el Savior:

http://xbldb.com/offers/002-52f

http://xbldb.com/offers/001-e7f

They've been on sale and had permanent price drops, though the XBLA versions have gone on sale far less than the PC and PSN versions have.

XBLDB el Savior:

http://xbldb.com/offers/002-52f

http://xbldb.com/offers/001-e7f

They've been on sale and had permanent price drops, though the XBLA versions have gone on sale far less than the PC and PSN versions have.
dont you honestly feel like its time for another drop by now though? If we can get amazing quality for these titles' sequels for less i kinda feel miffed that these havnt dropped to 400 msp since they came out. I knew they were 800...

I already have the first two games, so I don't need them to go on sale. I'd say they're better than at least the third episode, as I still haven't finished that while I went right through the first two episodes.

I can't recommend Spelunky enough. It is one of my favorite games of all time, anyone that likes platformers should definitely own it. It might be difficult and frustrating at first but, like with any other game, the more you play it the easier it'll get. And since the levels are randomly generated it has a ton of replay value.

And I have agree with everything Tyler said about Toy Soldiers. It's a great game.

Well it looks like about half the deals from last week's DotW as well as about half of the Sega sale are still live, which is rare for this late in the afternoon.  Good for stragglers that want to get in on some last second sales, bad for me because I'd like to remove them from the OP and be done with it...

Just a heads up, the prototype for Spelunky is free to download on PC. Its very basic graphically, so anyone interested should have no problem running it, and should give you an idea of what to expect in the XBLA game. Not sure how expansive the demo is, so just thought I'd throw it out there ;)

Just a heads up, the prototype for Spelunky is free to download on PC. Its very basic graphically, so anyone interested should have no problem running it, and should give you an idea of what to expect in the XBLA game. Not sure how expansive the demo is, so just thought I'd throw it out there ;)
Isn't the full Spelunky game free on PC? Is that what you're talking about?

Isn't the full Spelunky game free on PC? Is that what you're talking about?
the free version is missing a lot of the features, as well as the improved graphics of the XBLA version. Its mostly the same core gameplay, but feels less polished (to me at least), but still worth a try if you want more of a taste (or just something free to play). Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://spelunkyworld.com/original.html

I already have the first two games, so I don't need them to go on sale. I'd say they're better than at least the third episode, as I still haven't finished that while I went right through the first two episodes.
No way... you didnt like the 3rd episode? Do you think its because it was different from the first two?

I just cant fathom a reason for them being as much as they are with the other two being half that price and being reviewed better. I think the 3rd one even outsold the first two combined didnt it? I might have just made that up...

I dunno... im dying to play them all the way through now that i have finished the third one, i hate playing things out of order but i gained a new found respect for penny arcade through the 3rd title.

I should probably add that im a huge fan of zeboyd games and have participated in all of their kickstarters they have done, gladly at that.

No way... you didnt like the 3rd episode? Do you think its because it was different from the first two?

I just cant fathom a reason for them being as much as they are with the other two being half that price and being reviewed better. I think the 3rd one even outsold the first two combined didnt it? I might have just made that up...

I dunno... im dying to play them all the way through now that i have finished the third one, i hate playing things out of order but i gained a new found respect for penny arcade through the 3rd title.

I should probably add that im a huge fan of zeboyd games and have participated in all of their kickstarters they have done, gladly at that.
I didn't say that I didn't like the third episode, just that I liked the first two episodes more than it. The first two episodes have a better pace to them than the third, which is probably mostly due to them having an adventure game aspect to them with puzzles mixed in.

I would be surprised if the third episode outsold the first two since the first episode had the best-selling launch on XBLA at the time of its release and being on PC and PSN with more frequent sales just adds to that.

Hope no one minds me posting this - as I think it's rather relevant with the current XBL Gold sale - but the Game Deal Daily website is showing the Gunstringer DLC code with (not 100% sure) a possible Fruit Ninja Kinect code for $5 on their website.

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=1857

Does anyone know if the Gunstringer on Game Deal Daily website comes with a Fruit Ninja Kinect code or not? The picture on their website seems to show that it does. If that is the case it would be way cheaper to grab them both for $5 off of there if you are interested in Fruit Ninja Kinect. But once again I have no clue if it just shows the standard XBOX 360 retail cover (mistakenly or not). I know that I did buy a physical DLC code card from K-Mart of the Gunstringer and it did come with Fruit Ninja Kinect so it might be that that's what they're selling and for $5 it's a steal IMHO.

EDIT: As someone mentioned below it's just Gunstringer - still not bad for $5. Probably one of the best Kinect games.

It's a pretty lean week when the game I'm even remotely considering is Sonic free riders.
Haha that's what I was thinking earlier today as well. The games in this week's DotW are actually pretty damn good, it's just that they've all been on sale many many times already.

And Sonic Free Riders is still a pass for me at 800. I'd debate it harder if it was 400.

I've heard nothing, but awful things about Sonic Free Riders on Kinect. I Mean Sonic Riders was already a terrible Sonic series as it was on Gamecube/PS2/XBox, but on Kinect the thing is unresponsive to the point of being comparable to Totemball. I Wouldn't take that game even for free.

And Sonic Free Riders is still a pass for me at 800. I'd debate it harder if it was 400.
I bought Sonic Free Riders brand new retail for $3. I sorely wish I could invent a time machine, head back to that moment and punch myself in the nards prior to parting with those $3 if that settles the debate for you. It's fairly unfun to the point at which it's almost broken. I'm sure if I spent time with it I could figure out the right motions to properly control this but to just jump in and play it's terrible at telling you what to do. And don't get me started on the menu interface, it has to be the worst worst menu out of any Kinect game I've played. Don't even bother doing anything but voice commands, the problem is that you have to know the voice command for certain options as it doesn't actually give them to you until they're actually selected - which is pointless. Basically expect something along the lines of one of those Burger King give-away games. It's a game you have to invest a fair bit of time to actually figure out how to properly use and there's much better games out there for you to invest that time with. And don't get me started on the theme song - it drives me crazy. Worst J-Pop song ever!

EDIT: I just finished watching the 3rd season of Game of Thrones and I utterly regret not buying the game on sale last week. Huge mistake. I know it's not a great game but I so want to be transported into that world again right now and at least it is known for having a good story if not average to poor gameplay. Plus at 2.5 gb it would have been a small fit for a GoD game. Sigh. More reasons to invent time machines and punch myself in the nards I suppose.

Hope no one minds me posting this - as I think it's rather relevant with the current XBL Gold sale - but the Game Deal Daily website is showing the Gunstringer DLC code with (not 100% sure) a possible Fruit Ninja Kinect code for $5 on their website.

Does anyone know if the Gunstringer on Game Deal Daily website comes with a Fruit Ninja Kinect code or not? The picture on their website seems to show that it does. If that is the case it would be way cheaper to grab them both for $5 off of there if you are interested in Fruit Ninja Kinect. But once again I have no clue if it just shows the standard XBOX 360 retail cover (mistakenly or not). I know that I did buy a physical DLC code card from K-Mart of the Gunstringer and it did come with Fruit Ninja Kinect so it might be that that's what they're selling and for $5 it's a steal IMHO.
I recall when they first offered it a long time ago on gamedealdaily. It was $10 without Fruit Ninja included. The site made a point of clarifying that. It seems like it would be the same product as then, but their site doesn't make any mention of it either way. I'm guessing it's not included.

Picked up Toy Soldiers: Cold War for this week. As others mentioned, many of these titles went on sale before but it's a good week nevertheless.

I'm considering Limbo (even though I have it already via Playstation Plus) and the MGS 2 and 3 collection.

EDIT: I just finished watching the 3rd season of Game of Thrones and I utterly regret not buying the game on sale last week. Huge mistake. I know it's not a great game but I so want to be transported into that world again right now and at least it is known for having a good story if not average to poor gameplay. Plus at 2.5 gb it would have been a small fit for a GoD game. Sigh. More reasons to invent time machines and punch myself in the nards I suppose.
If you can find a blockbuster near you, mine had a copy of the game for 14.99, with the 50% off sale, thats less than $8.

I sorely wish I could invent a time machine, head back to that moment and punch myself in the nards

More reasons to invent time machines and punch myself in the nards I suppose.
But if you did that, the future you, or present you in the future that goes back to punch yourself in the nards, would slowly be rendered sterile, meaning that you couldn't have any children with your future wife, meaning that your last act as a time-traveller would most likely be to go back into your future self's past and stop yourself from inventing a time machine so you couldn't punch yourself in the nards over trivial things, thus you will never invent one to do so. =\

Skonson, the Microsoft store has Game of Thrones for $12.99 for today if you are fiendin for some Game of Thrones. Just got me some Lollipop, Chainsaw that is, since there is nothing for me this week. can't wait until tuesday maybe Major will announce another 4th of July sale like last year.

Skonson, the Microsoft store has Game of Thrones for $12.99 for today if you are fiendin for some Game of Thrones. Just got me some Lollipop, Chainsaw that is, since there is nothing for me this week. can't wait until tuesday maybe Major will announce another 4th of July sale like last year.
I wish. I live in Australia, the worst country on Earth to be a console gamer. We didn't even have the Sunny Day sale here on GoD games the other week. And within two days we've banned both State of Decay and Saint's Row IV from releasing here. But at least the government here is modelled after King's Landing out of Game of Thrones, just turfed the sitting prime minister a couple of months before the coming election and instated a South Park character instead. Oi!

But if you did that, the future you, or present you in the future that goes back to punch yourself in the nards, would slowly be rendered sterile, meaning that you couldn't have any children with your future wife, meaning that your last act as a time-traveller would most likely be to go back into your future self's past and stop yourself from inventing a time machine so you couldn't punch yourself in the nards over trivial things, thus you will never invent one to do so. =\
Sigh. That was so confusing that I just said nuts to this and punched myself without the need for time travel. Was still heaps more fun than Sonic Free Riders.

You can always read the books! Seriously, they're way better than the show, and the show is pretty great. Although book four kind of sucks, but still has its moments.

And the GoT game was fun and is definitely worth it at $10, but missing it is nothing you should be punching yourself in the nards about.

Can any American people here that have played  Spartacus: Legends confirm if there is gore or not?

I live in Australia and have heard from some people in Australia there is no gore, so I am thinking our version has been edited.

Can any American people here that have played Spartacus: Legends confirm if there is gore or not?

I live in Australia and have heard from some people in Australia there is no gore, so I am thinking our version has been edited.
Yea it's a bloodbath.

Australians and Germans. Man, y'all always get screwed.

Yeah, I'm debating of Game of Thrones, KOA and Fallout NV from the Microsoft store before it ends. I plan to build a PC down the road but I already have the KOA DLCs. Can anyone confirm that those are good deals or should I hold off?

How was last years 4th of July sale? I can't remember it.

Yeah, I'm debating of Game of Thrones, KOA and Fallout NV from the Microsoft store before it ends. I plan to build a PC down the road but I already have the KOA DLCs. Can anyone confirm that those are good deals or should I hold off?

How was last years 4th of July sale? I can't remember it.
FO NVU, seems to be a low price (i think target had it for $9.99 once), or of you're the type that doesn't care to support the Dev then snag a new/used copy of vanilla version and borrow the DLC disc from a friend as all DLC is on a seperate disc.

KOA has been $10 or less multiple times. Just depends on if you want to wait for a better sale or spending slightly more to get it now matters.

I've never really paid attention to the GoT game so can't comment on its price.

Soooo, if next week's sale would be Trials Evo, Fez, Super Meat Boy, Shadow Complex, The Dishwasher, Braid, Bomberman Live, Alien Hominid, and Outland that'd be great, thanks MS. 

Soooo, if next week's sale would be Trials Evo, Fez, Super Meat Boy, Shadow Complex, The Dishwasher, Braid, Bomberman Live, Alien Hominid, and Outland that'd be great, thanks MS.
Yeah, no thanks MS. I'd prefer something a little bit more recent.

Spelunky is the best platformer this generation and you are a bad person if you don't buy it.
I consider Spelunky to be unfairly frustrating. I understand the random level generation was something to extend the replayability of the game, but did they have to make it so fucking hard?

Spelunky is the best platformer this generation and you are a bad person if you don't buy it.
I must be a terrible person because not only didn't I get it, but I hated it. The only thing I liked was killing that shopkeeper.

Now that we got something blue last week (Sonic), we need something old and something new. I say Mass Effect 2 DLC and Mass Effect 3 DLC.

I must be a terrible person because not only didn't I get it, but I hated it. The only thing I liked was killing that shopkeeper.

Now that we got something blue last week (Sonic), we need something old and something new. I say Mass Effect 2 DLC and Mass Effect 3 DLC.
I agree with everything you said.

Oh and Im a bad person.

I was your guinea pig. It's just Gunstringer.

I'd get Spelunky but I think it'll be a better fit on Vita. Has Bayonetta ever been on sale? I see it on Amazon for $22 but I wouldn't mind spending 1600 points to get it on GoD. 

EDIT: Looks like it's been the same price since it first arrived http://xbldb.com/offers/002-b65

Yes, we need ME3 DLC on sale for once!

Spartacus is indeed enjoyable and by enjoyable I mean the game can't connect to servers and thus you can't do anything besides get error messages.

I was your guinea pig. It's just Gunstringer.
Sorry to lead you down an uncertain path. Still I think $5 for Gunstringer on it's own is a huge deal and worth every penny so I hope you're not too upset about not getting Fruit Ninja Kinect. As much as I like Halfbrick Studios, I don't think Fruit Ninja is a great Kinect game, it's the loading time that kills it for me. With a game like that I think it needs to load instantly as it's not something you can play for more than 10 minutes at a time and when you need 2-3 minutes to load it, it kinda defeats the purpose. Gunstringer is awesome though. Speaking about Twisted Pixel I am very very worried for Lococycle, the footage from E3 looks underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back