XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
By Dust you mean an Elysian Tail? What has to be patched? I finished it twice and had no problem at all with it.
The game froze on me then booted me to the desktop. Haven't played it since.

I heard bitching in this thread about the game having requirements in order to unlock shortcuts.

Man, gamers are quite spoiled with these easy games nowadays, aren't they? :D
It's not about being spoiled it's being too old for this $hit. I don't have time to fight through frustrating games nor do I have the stress levels to survive it. I play games purely for relaxation and fun these days. Challenge is a turn off. If I want frustration I'll go to work.

People play games for different reasons so if spelunky's difficulty turns you on that's fine. I used to enjoy conquering games. Not anymore. I just want to experience them now.

Edit: :)

Next week, the Xbox Live Marketplace will kick off their “Ultimate Game Sale” and they sent over this list of upcoming titles that are scheduled to be on sale. There will be different titles on-sale at different times during the week, and while I don’t know exactly what will be on sale when or for how much, I’ll tweet out details and make a blog post each time a new groups of titles goes on sale. Here’s the full list of titles that will go on sale over the course of next week:

• Assassin’s Creed 3
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Borderlands 2
  • Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway
  • Bulletstorm
  • Command and Conquer Red Alert 3
  • Crysis
  • Crysis 3
  • Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Far Cry 3
  • Far Cry Instincts Predator
  • Forza Horizon
  • Gears Judgement
  • Hasbro Family Game Night 3
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Kinect Sports 2
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes
  • Lego Lord of the Rings
  • Mass Effect
  • Max Payne 3
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
  • Monopoly Streets
  • Perfect Dark Zero
  • Prey
  • Rockstar Table Tennis
  • The Orange Box
  • Tomb Raider
  • Witcher 2
  • WWE 13 GonD
  • X-com: Enemy Unknown
via Major Nelson

Edit: Ninja'd by Louie.
I was shocked that it had been on his blog for 25 minutes without anyone posting it and I even triple checked to make sure I hadn't missed it. Then I hit submit and yours showed up. It's funny that after that time we were within seconds of each other.

I was shocked that it had been on his blog for 25 minutes without anyone posting it and I even triple checked to make sure I hadn't missed it. Then I hit submit and yours showed up. It's funny that after that time we were within seconds of each other.
My thoughts exactly. I saw it on Twitter and thought for sure it would have been mentioned in this thread.

well looks like I may be needing some more MSP. Hopefully we see some huge discounts like the last sale, would love to see stuff like Bulletstorm and Crysis drop to $5 :)

Some good games in that list.  Hopefully they actually go on sale instead of just cutting the prices to make them more like what you can get them for at retail.

Man I hope some of those games get good discounts of like 67% or more. I counted 10 games that I'm interested in and I have a small stash of points burning a hole in my pocket.

Judgement will be like 40 I'd guess. If it was 15 or less I might pick up that P.O.S. out of respect for the series not the game itself. When your game sucks so hard everyone went back to the one before it and put it up in the top 20 on LIVE while its sequel fell out of the top 20 you know you made a shitty game.

So I'm interested in the Legos, Forza Horizon, and Judgement if it gets to 15 or less which it won't. The rest I mildly care about but those are my wants.

That Summer sale sounds nice! I'm looking at ACIII, Crysis 3, LEGO LOTR, Monopoly Streets, FCIP and Prey. Most likely the newer games will still be too much but I'd be down for Prey at $5 and others at $10.

I wish microsoft would remember to throw Banjo Tooie on sale someday :( I think its been like three years since it went on sale and I had to pass on it since I had no money.

Them and their Games on Demand sales. I would much prefer and XBLA blowout sale...
I'd prefer a DLC blowout sale. Things such as Crysis DLC, Dead Space DLC, Mass Effect DLC, Bulletstorm DLC.

Not big into buying arcades. Digital games to me are only good if they are super cheap or for the 3DS or VITA.

EDIT:Just realized all the DLCs I mentioned were games published by EA. Of course! Now I see why it rarely sees sales!

Maybe will get Tomb Raider if is dirty cheap. Other than that, meh i have played most of these already.

Still waiting for Runner 2 sale. :(

Yup, its back. (NEXT WEEK) EDIT: Link to blog post: http://majornelson.com/2013/06/28/xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-preview/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MajorNelson+%28Major+Nelson+%28Xbox%29%29

Major Nelson just recently posted some of the games that will be discounted:

Assassin’s Creed 3 
BioShock Infinite 
Borderlands 2 
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway 
Bulletstorm 
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 
Crysis 
Crysis 3 
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga 
Dragon Age Origins 
Far Cry 3 
Far Cry Instincts Predator 
Forza Horizon 
Gears of War: Judgment 
Hasbro Family Game Night 3 
Hitman: Absolution 
Kinect Sports 2 
Left 4 Dead 2 
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes 
Lego Lord of the Rings 
Mass Effect 
Max Payne 3 
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence 
Monopoly Streets 
Perfect Dark Zero 
Prey 
Rockstar Table Tennis 
The Orange Box 
Tomb Raider 
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings
WWE 13
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Not sure on the prices or when though. 

Let's hope they apply the same discount from USA prices to other countries.

Waiting for Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, Far Cry 3, Crysis, Gears Judgment.

That last sale was actually pretty damn good, hopefully this one is as well. Thanks for the heads up OP
No problem! I'll be sure to update this thread whenever Microsoft reveals the games and prices and when they go up. It'll probably be like the last time, a group of games each day and only for that day.

Anyone else having issues with Magic 2014?  Either they changed the rules or it's glitched cause the cpu is doing things I didn't think you could do.  Had them summon a creature during their block phase.  Huh?  Maybe I don't know the true rules because I've never had this happen during the other 3 magic games.

How much do you guys think Xcom, WWE '13 and Hitman: Absolution will be?

Especially Hitman, I was actually gonna buy it yesterday and it's currently 20$ in stores so how much do you think it'll be?

I've been waiting since I picked up those super-cheap points when the XBone was announced. Very happy to see it. Wonder how big of a discount we can expect?
Yeah same here haha.

Well it's $39.99 right now. I only have $30 worth of points so I hope less than that haha

Time to go check which games are region free...

Gotta love me some Hungary Market sales. It has a nice side effect of teaching me Hungarian!

That last sale was actually pretty damn good, hopefully this one is as well. Thanks for the heads up OP
Exactly, all the people dissing MS's sales clearly haven't been paying attention lately. Sure they're not Steam-level but I'm happy with them and would have liked to see if MS improved them with the way the XB1 was originally supposed to go...

Exactly, all the people dissing MS's sales clearly haven't been paying attention lately. Sure they're not Steam-level but I'm happy with them and would have liked to see if MS improved them with the way the XB1 was originally supposed to go...
The only problem is, the last sale, the low prices were for really old games. The majority of the games listed are more recent games. Sure games like Prey and Table Tennis will be pretty cheap, but the games are what, 6 years or so old? All of the games like AC III, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, etc. will probably be the same price each game has been on sale for at retail. So AC III might be 1600 ($19.99) and a game like Tomb Raider might be around 2400 ($29.99).

Just saying...unless they actually go a lot lower than what people have been able to get via retail (like $10 lower), I just don't see how it could be considered a good deal for a lot of people unless you're just dying to buy Table Tennis.

The only problem is, the last sale, the low prices were for really old games. The majority of the games listed are more recent games. Sure games like Prey and Table Tennis will be pretty cheap, but the games are what, 6 years or so old? All of the games like AC III, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, etc. will probably be the same price each game has been on sale for at retail. So AC III might be 1600 ($19.99) and a game like Tomb Raider might be around 2400 ($29.99).

Just saying...unless they actually go a lot lower than what people have been able to get via retail (like $10 lower), I just don't see how it could be considered a good deal for a lot of people unless you're just dying to buy Table Tennis.

If I'm not mistaken tomb raider is already at 30 on live.

Well, i think the only thing i would bite on for sure would be ACIII for $15 or less... i have 1300 msp stockpiled from the Bing Rewards (im a real cheap ass gamer folks, i dont pay for shit lol) that im saving to get Dragonborn DLC with but if ACIII drops to 1200 or below im gonna have to push the skyrim DLC back.

Everything else is either meh or i have it already. If prey drops to 5 bucks i demand that everyone here that doesnt have it ... changes that.

No word on the XBLA sale next week yet either... i cant think of anything that would cause me to drop my points, but a sale on Darkstalkers and/or JoJo' would probably make me take the plunge, that and anything else SNK... I still need Neo-Geo Battle Colliseum

If I'm not mistaken tomb raider is already at 30 on live.
That it is.

So putting a $30 game on sale for $30 seems pretty farfetched. But a part of me doesn't put it past M$
Don't forget that many people got in on the 1200 MSP for $5 meaning that all the games have an additional 66% off.

So if Tomb Raider goes on sale for $20 then they would be effectively getting it for $6.67. Tell me a B&M store that ha it at that price?

*%^#... I was hoping to save my points for the games I KNEW I was gonna get at launch of the ONE. Hopefully this can be like the last sale where I traded in L4D2 for like $20, and spent like 600 msp for it digitally. Otherwise I have 6 games on that list, and some are still sealed (Tomb Raider, MGR:R)

That it is.

So putting a $30 game on sale for $30 seems pretty farfetched. But a part of me doesn't put it past M$
Don't forget that many people got in on the 1200 MSP for $5 meaning that all the games have an additional 66% off.

So if Tomb Raider goes on sale for $20 then they would be effectively getting it for $6.67. Tell me a B&M store that ha it at that price?
But not everyone that owns a 360 jumped in on that MS point deal. So even then the amount of people who got in on that and got a ton of points isn't nearly as much as people who just buy points from Gamestop or where ever. So it's still possible for them to mark it down more, but we'll see, Microsoft and hyped up sales usually ends in heavy sighing.

But not everyone that owns a 360 jumped in on that MS point deal. So even then the amount of people who got in on that and got a ton of points isn't nearly as much as people who just buy points from Gamestop or where ever. So it's still possible for them to mark it down more, but we'll see, Microsoft and hyped up sales usually ends in heavy sighing.
Even if you didn't get in on the 1200 MSP for $5, there's usually a sale of 25% off on MSP (1600 for $15, 1600 +400 for $20 etc). Meaning that you can knock 25% off the price. So TR for $15 is still the cheapest I've seen

Not really feeling the list of games. I'm  most likely going to buy Lego Batman 2. I'm 1000% sure it will be 800 MSP. Now I have to figure out if I want a physical copy or digital.

Sounds like they're doing a set of games each day for a week again.

Can anyone think of a reason they can't just put all the titles on sale at once?

I hate waiting around or missing a good deal and this shotgun approach would eliminate that.

I'm interested in maybe Crysis 3, Forza Horizon, Metal Gear Rising, and some more. Don't think my bank account can survive considering how much I spent last time the Ultimate Sale happened.

Sounds like they're doing a set of games each day for a week again.

Can anyone think of a reason they can't just put all the titles on sale at once?

I hate waiting around or missing a good deal and this shotgun approach would eliminate that.

I'm interested in maybe Crysis 3, Forza Horizon, Metal Gear Rising, and some more. Don't think my bank account can survive considering how much I spent last time the Ultimate Sale happened.
To keep the hype up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back