XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Only $120 worth? I think I blew through my $440 worth I purchased on Black Friday @ Target in 3 months! You saw the "ultimate" GoD sale coming next week, right?

As for the Rock Band songs, yes, they're gone ... and so will be the "Fable III" deal for GOLD members after Sunday!

BTW, I'm going to do some leg-work later tonight for our group, and make the Ultimate list all perty & simplified to edit in the OP ... wish me luck! :)
I have most of those games already, the ones I don't only a few interest me....

• Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 (barely interested)-$15, would buy for $5
  • Crysis 3-$60, not paying any more than $15 for this, so not going to happen
  • Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga-$30, MAYBE $10 not big on this but for $10 I might bite
  • Far Cry Instincts Predator-$20, MAYBE for $5-10, very old and not big on it
  • Hasbro Family Game Night 3-not interested at all
  • Hitman Absolution-$30, $10 or not buying it
  • Kinect Sports 2-no Kinect not interested
  • Monopoly Streets-not interested
  • Prey-$20, $5 or bust
  • WWE 13 GonD-no interested
I own everything else besides those and not many of them are big for me. I hope I can get two or three for the price I want but knowing MS that won't happen.

Since the Xbox One will play Blu Ray discs, would it be safe to say Kojima and Konami can release a MGS collection similar to what is coming out for PS3 next month?   Seems like it might be a good idea to avoid the 1600 point MGS 2 and 3 collection.

Since the Xbox One will play Blu Ray discs, would it be safe to say Kojima and Konami can release a MGS collection similar to what is coming out for PS3 next month? Seems like it might be a good idea to avoid the 1600 point MGS 2 and 3 collection.
Doubtful. Those games run on entirely different engines then what the X1 and PS4 can pull off. Basically if they were to remake those games in HD for X1 I think they'd have to rework them from the ground up and considering Kojima's busy with Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes, that doesn't seem like it'll happen.

there'a a promo for scotiabank on some dashboards, and you can get 100 MSP put into your account automatically by watching an ad, then by giving them your email at the end of it you can get a 100MSP point code emailed to you. i have no idea what regions it's for, i haven't seen it personally (the bank seems canadian based so there you go), just heard about it. but the point codes work on any region, including the hungarian accounts. and it works for multiple accounts, gold or silver. so yeah.

This generation is the first one where people own a ton of stuff digitally on hard drives. For the first time they face the idea that if microsoft decides to make these things unavailable then they will be gone if their drives fail. For a lot of people this means that microsoft needs to either have some form of backwards compatibility or assure customer in writing that they will keep up some form of server, basically forever. They, like you, will make their choices when it comes to that.
My problem here is that when I was buying Nintendo Virtual Console games, MS XBLA games and Games on Demand, I thought it went without saying that I was buying them for that system (Wii or 360) and I'd have been absolutely crazy to assume they'd run on some nebulous unannounced future console (even assuming a future console would ever be made by that manufacturer, or that I'd even buy it). I thought that support for whatever I was buying wasn't guaranteed even the following day, but simply quite likely to last a few years.

But now and again, people come out of the woodwork claiming they bought these download games assuming they'd work on all future consoles until the end of time! :baby:

Being a CAG isn't just about being cheap, IMO. It's about knowing what you're buying. Spend accordingly. :bouncy:

Don't know if this is part of the ultimate sale already but Far Cry 3 is 25£ and Tomb Raider 20£. However, for € countries I believe they are both 30€

My problem here is that when I was buying Nintendo Virtual Console games, MS XBLA games and Games on Demand, I thought it went without saying that I was buying them for that system (Wii or 360) and I'd have been absolutely crazy to assume they'd run on some nebulous unannounced future console (even assuming a future console would ever be made by that manufacturer, or that I'd even buy it). I thought that support for whatever I was buying wasn't guaranteed even the following day, but simply quite likely to last a few years.

But now and again, people come out of the woodwork claiming they bought these download games assuming they'd work on all future consoles until the end of time! :baby:

Being a CAG isn't just about being cheap, IMO. It's about knowing what you're buying. Spend accordingly. :bouncy:
This argument is fine but it counters all comparisons between what the xb1 was going to be & Steam. If console manufacturers want to step forward in to an all download, one-purchase, drm future, then they need to honor purchases made on an account and allow that purchase to be brought along on future console iterations.

If I buy a game on my iPhone, I expect it to work on any new iPhone I buy. If I buy a game on Steam, I can, most of the time, play it on a new pc.

I understand that people do not buy a console to play games from previous generations exclusively, but, in many cases, there are reasons to play older games on modern equipment. Sometimes improvements are made that people can take advantage of in current hardware such as Gamecube games played in higher resolution on the Wii or graphical mods in games that will take advantage of a new graphics card.

Finally, we had reason to expect backwards compatibility. The Wii, 360, & Ps3 all had versions that had some function, if limited, of backwards compatibility. Why should we have expected any different?

Oh what ever did we do when I bought a SNES an couldn't play my NES games on it. Or bought a Saturn and couldn't play my Genesis games on them. Or when I bought my Dreamcast and couldn't play my Saturn games on them...

Whatever, I'm just saying that there's something to be said about an account system that allows you to bring your collection with you. People were all like "Why do people hate XB1 & love Steam?" Other than sales, bringing the collection from one pc to another is why. Microsoft decided to go all drm/digital/download on us without acknowledging our past purchases. I think as consumers this is not what we are used to.
I also don't see why people need to call others babies, not true CAGs, and otherwise be insulting because we were disappointed that the new consoles don't have bc.

I know, and I am sorry for going off topic in this thread, but I think my point is that bc would have been a good thing and people were not stupid to hope for it. I wasn't clear in my last post, but if you think of all the things you have accounts for (Google Play, Kindle, iTunes, Steam, etc.) You bring your purchases with you from device to device. Microsoft & Sony started an account system and it doesn't seem too unreasonable for us to expect it to act the same as the systems set up for apps, music, and ebooks. I also feel if Microsoft or whoever else wants to limit selling rights then they'll need to make bc possible. /.02

Yeah, pumped for this GOD sale. ;)

I hope that Halo 3 is the first free game for July, really want to play through the story of that game again. Going to be interesting to see how the online population rises for it when it does become free.

It's funny.  I've been wanting, but have been dragging my feet on getting a digital version of Dragon Age: Origins.  It looks like the waiting paid off as long as it'll be 10 bucks or lower.  Might pick up Mass Effect and Monopoly Streets as well, depending on price.

there'a a promo for scotiabank on some dashboards, and you can get 100 MSP put into your account automatically by watching an ad, then by giving them your email at the end of it you can get a 100MSP point code emailed to you. i have no idea what regions it's for, i haven't seen it personally (the bank seems canadian based so there you go), just heard about it. but the point codes work on any region, including the hungarian accounts. and it works for multiple accounts, gold or silver. so yeah.
How come noone noticed this post?

What region is it, Canada? Can you confirm this? I may create an account just for the free MSP..

I hope that Halo 3 is the first free game for July, really want to play through the story of that game again. Going to be interesting to see how the online population rises for it when it does become free.
while I on the other hand wish it's AC 2 first because I never played that, but do own Halo 3 already. One of us will be disappointed for 2 weeks :whee:

Oh what ever did we do when I bought a SNES an couldn't play my NES games on it. Or bought a Saturn and couldn't play my Genesis games on them. Or when I bought my Dreamcast and couldn't play my Saturn games on them...
Those systems are also well over 10+ years old. Since that time the Playstation 2, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Wii, Wii-U, Vita, Nintendo DS & 3DS all have BC.

Before that the Sega Genesis (via add on) played Master System games, same with the Game Gear. Gameboy Color & Gameboy advance played the games of their predecessor. The Atari 7800 is older than most people here and that was BC with atari 2600 games.

I'm not personally broken up on the Xbox One not being BC. I'm not worried about losing access to my games or any DRM bullshit thanks to the wonders of piracy.

I know, and I am sorry for going off topic in this thread, but I think my point is that bc would have been a good thing and people were not stupid to hope for it. I wasn't clear in my last post, but if you think of all the things you have accounts for (Google Play, Kindle, iTunes, Steam, etc.) You bring your purchases with you from device to device. Microsoft & Sony started an account system and it doesn't seem too unreasonable for us to expect it to act the same as the systems set up for apps, music, and ebooks. I also feel if Microsoft or whoever else wants to limit selling rights then they'll need to make bc possible. /.02

The thing is that Android phones/tablets, iOS devices, and PC are typically all incremental iterations of their same components, so it's pretty easy to keep them BC from device to device. Because Microsoft wants Windows to be a core part of the OS, they had to change the system architecture and that throws out the chance of easy BC, so you end up in this situation.

I get the desire for it to be BC, but I look at the specs and I can understand why it's not possible at launch.

It's funny. I've been wanting, but have been dragging my feet on getting a digital version of Dragon Age: Origins. It looks like the waiting paid off as long as it'll be 10 bucks or lower. Might pick up Mass Effect and Monopoly Streets as well, depending on price.
Too bad you just didn't pick up the ultimate edition, because it's awesome and totally worth it.

Pardon my ignorance but for these free games on the Xbox One countdown will they be available for the duration of the time?

Like will Fable 3 not be free anymore after midnight tonight or can I still download it say Tuesday?

Pardon my ignorance but for these free games on the Xbox One countdown will they be available for the duration of the time?

Like will Fable 3 not be free anymore after midnight tonight or can I still download it say Tuesday?
I get the impression you won't be able to download/buy it on Tuesday, you could "buy" it now then just cancel the download and the download it at a later date.

Ugh, thats confusing, basically buy today, download whenever.

I don't have Gold yet. I put in an order with New Egg for a digital download code but it hasn't come through yet. I just placed it ab an hour ago so I hope it arrives before midnight.

You are really comparing apples to oranges here. They are allowing you to keep your account , it just isn't possible for the games to work on the new architecture without building an emulator. I am completely fine with this as I would much prefer them focus on next gen and leave this gen behind.

Technically Microsoft wants to implement the same thing as your examples, unfortunately very few people wanted it. None of those allow you to sell/trade/lend your games.

It would be very easy to see how the new consoles will keep the same architecture for the next 20 years and only increasing CPU/GPU/MEM when needed. So we will likely see a Onev2, Onev3, etc. versus a new architecture. This will allow for BC.

Furthermore if the x86 processor is replaced with something else on PC then it is doubtful your Steam games will work on the next gen replacement. Also, Steam/Valve doesn't build hardware so it isn't really fair to compare them to Sony and Microsoft in that regards...

I have a first gen ipad that apple no longer supports and it is stuck at iOS5 which does keep me from playing a lot of the latest games and some apps/games that use to work on it no longer do. There will be a time in the next couple years where hardly nothing will play on it.

The thing is that Android phones/tablets, iOS devices, and PC are typically all incremental iterations of their same components, so it's pretty easy to keep them BC from device to device. Because Microsoft wants Windows to be a core part of the OS, they had to change the system architecture and that throws out the chance of easy BC, so you end up in this situation.

I get the desire for it to be BC, but I look at the specs and I can understand why it's not possible at launch.
I recall both Microsoft and Sony stating the change of architecture was based on feedback/demand from developers. It isn't clear to me that Sony is really offering BC of my existing library. It appears that I may have to purchase my disc games again in order to play them, still not sure how that will end up though. I don't really care either way as I don't need BC. I rarely if ever go back and play ten year old games, or replay anything for that matter. I don't even have enough time to play all of my current games.

Well as long as ACII is part of it at some point. I traded my disk copy of it since I knew we were getting it. I already have defense grid. Something tells me this games with gold won't be too great for many people.

Edit: Major Nelson just tweeted that Halo 3 and ACII are part of the program but no date has been set. I SWEAR they said next month would be both those games during the E3 conference.  I might have to go look at the tape. Not that it matters really.

well thats highly disappointing after they said Halo 3 and Assassins Creed 2 would kick it off.
Maybe that was all assumption. I'm now worried that they consider those to be the headliners that would sell us on this promotion.

I was paid up on Live beyond the end date for this anyway, so it's all bonus for me. It would just be nice if they made it a little bit more exciting.

they never said anything about Halo 3 / AC 2 going first, just they were part of the program. I have defense grid on steam already, but hey free is free

they never said anything about Halo 3 / AC 2 going first, just they were part of the program. I have defense grid on steam already, but hey free is free
Yep I just went back to look. He said "I just want to share 2 of the titles we are going offer over the NEXT FEW MONTHS". So I was wrong also.

Pretty disappointing, but hey its better than not getting anything at all. Hoping its like 1 GoD and 1 Arcade a month type deal now that we know arcade games are involved.

I knew about the Arcade games being included a couple of days ago, via @lifelower and the official Games with Gold FAQ, and I'm still surprised that AC or Halo weren't one of the first games:

vF31oHJ.png

Having said that, Defense Grid is a great little game with a ton of content and a shitload of replay value.

From their E3 Press Conference:

"To kickoff that program, I'd like to share just two of the titles we're going to offer over the next few months: Assassin's Creed II and Halo 3."

I don't fault anybody for thinking they were saying that those would be the first two titles, but I'm guessing that they're going to be the most high profile titles amongst all of the games offered.

Technically, Fable III was the first game in this program, but they ignored the opportunity to announce that that was available for free during the show. The first news that I saw about that thought it was a glitch and encouraged people to get it while it's free. I'm not surprised XBLA's part of the group of free games.

Hmmm im interested in Bioshock Infinite and tomb raider for the games on demand sale. Tomb raider is already at 30, so maybe 20? But if Bioshock is 30 i might get that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back