XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if this is part of the ultimate sale already but Far Cry 3 is 25£ and Tomb Raider 20£. However, for € countries I believe they are both 30€
Tomb Raider debuted @ $30 (2400 MSP) in the USA, which I guess was Square Enix's way of blowing off the game after "disappointing" sales of 5.3M in the first month. I'm guessing it'll drop to $20 ... and though I'd want it to go lower, my CAG'ness keeps pulling my attention back the Xbox Rewards punchcard of "buy 5 GoD's @ $19.99 or more, get 1600 MSP back".

BTW, just noticed on the dash that June's markdowns have a picture of "Skulls of the Shogun", but it wasn't a June markdown, so this may be another in the long-standing series of Xbox Marketing jumping the gun. Crossing fingers that it takes a dive to 400 MSP, now that the relationship between MGS & 17-bit Studios (and soon other indie-dev's) has gone sour.

This is ridiculous. I bought a three month Live membership because I thought I would be getting Games On Demand titles. The Netflix, Youtube, Twitch, and Xfinity apps are all terrible. It's like they are completely unaware that they don't have a secure place in the market yet.

Do they even know what Sony gives out on PS+ for free? At this point Club Nintendo Points have a better dollar-to-reward ratio...

This is ridiculous. I bought a three month Live membership because I thought I would be getting Games On Demand titles. The Netflix, Youtube, Twitch, and Xfinity apps are all terrible. It's like they are completely unaware that they don't have a secure place in the market yet.

Do they even know what Sony gives out on PS+ for free? At this point Club Nintendo Points have a better dollar-to-reward ratio...
On the bright side though, 20 MSP on your birthday.......so it's not all bad ;)

All of the complaining about which games are going to be free is weird to me.  Haven't you already played most of the big obvious choices that matter to you?  I'd rather see them select highly regarded games that none of us bought.

All of the complaining about which games are going to be free is weird to me. Haven't you already played most of the big obvious choices that matter to you? I'd rather see them select highly regarded games that none of us bought.
People simply feel Microsoft ballsed up the announcement, mostly. They announce two titles and whether people've played them awhile ago or whatever, they were looking forward to those titles. Instead they got an old tower defense game that, let's face it, is more the realm of mobile games then XBLA.

It's not about complaining about free games for people as much as complaining that Microsoft marketing sucks. People were feeling that Microsoft was going to go after PS+ with this promo but that was expecting way too much. The IGC is much bigger and if they only rolled out one at a time you'd still get crappy small games in between the bigger releases. Sure, some people still like that but most gamers see more value in AAA games(old or not) than arcade titles and they always will.

Don't know how this is confusing

I’d like to share just two of the titles we’re going to offer over the next few months – Assassin’s Creed two, and Halo three

Doesn't sound like...to kick off the program or the first two games will be...

I don't find the announcement confusing. I didn't expect Halo and Assassin's Creed whatever, I don't care if they ever include them. I just expected them to give out something with a bit more market value. I am not looking forward to the games anymore from a value perspective.

On the bright side though, 20 MSP on your birthday.......so it's not all bad ;)
Yeah just got mine in June lol nice to have those 8 cents...not lol...but hey nintendo gave me 50 Stars for my birthday...so I'd say that's pretty equal lol (disney rewards also gave me 50 Points and I think they are the most useful yet...)

Well, MS giving us for free Defense Grid has been a surprise to me, since I didn't expect to be able to download that game at all. In fact I didn't even know of that game's existence until now. Then again, I don't particularly like tower defense games, so I guess I'll 'buy' it, but won't even download it.

It's a pretty lame start for this promotion. Let's see in two more weeks what will be the next 'surprise'.

On the bright side, complaints about a free game are slightly more interesting than pie-in-the-sky predictions for the pricing of the Ultimate sale and complaints about backwards compatibility.

Nice to know that I was right when posting here and on other sites that AC2 and Halo 3 were NEVER confirmed to be the first 2 titles coming to the "Games with Gold" program.

I'm not sure how so many people (specifically pretty much all the video game media sites) got confused by this and I'm not sure why MS didn't correct this bad assumption earlier.

I'll look it up later when I get a chance but in OXM it said "next month" would be Halo 3 and AC 2. I would have expected OXM to get it right though.

Does anybody know the prices for the games in the Ultimate Sale yet?
  • Assassin’s Creed 3| $39.99 | 3200 MSP |
  • BioShock Infinite| $59.99 | 4800 MSP|
  • Borderlands 2| $39.99 | 3200 MSP |2400 MSP
  • Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway| $29.99 | 3200 MSP|
  • Bulletstorm| $19.99 | 1600 MSP|1040 MSP
  • Command and Conquer Red Alert 3| $14.99 | 1200 MSP|
  • Crysis| $19.99 | 1600 MSP|800 MSP
  • Crysis 3| $59.99 | 4800 MSP|
  • Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga| $29.99 | 3200 MSP|
  • Dragon Age Origins| $14.99 | 1200 MSP|800 MSP
  • Far Cry 3| $59.99 | 4800 MSP|3600 MSP
  • Far Cry Instincts Predator| $19.99 | 1600 MSP|
  • Forza Horizon| $39.99 | 3200 MSP|
  • Gears of War: Judgment| $39.99 | 3200 MSP|
  • Hasbro Family Game Night 3| $29.99 | 2400 MSP|1200 MSP
  • Hitman: Absolution| $29.99 | 2400 MSP|1600 MSP
  • Kinect Sports 2| $29.99 | 2400 MSP|1200 MSP
  • Left 4 Dead 2| $29.99 | 2400 MSP|800 MSP
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes| $19.99 | 1600 MSP|
  • Lego Lord of the Rings| $29.99 | 2400 MSP|
  • Mass Effect| $14.99 | 1200 MSP|
  • Max Payne 3| $39.99 | 3200 MSP|1200 MSP
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengence| $49.99 | 4000 MSP|
  • Monopoly Streets| $29.99 | 2400 MSP|1600 MSP
  • Perfect Dark Zero| $14.99 | 1200 MSP|400 MSP
  • Prey| $19.99 | 1600 MSP|1200 MSP
  • Rockstar Table Tennis| $14.99 | 1200 MSP|400 MSP
  • The Orange Box| $19.99 | 1600 MSP|800 MSP
  • Tomb Raider| $29.99 | 2400 MSP|
  • The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings| $39.99 | 3200 MSP|
  • WWE 13| $59.99 | 4800 MSP|3200 MSP
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown| $39.99 | 3200 MSP|

I hear!

Assassin’s Creed 3| $39.99 | 3200 MSP |
BioShock Infinite| $59.99 | 4800 MSP|
Borderlands 2| $39.99 | 3200 MSP | 2400 MSP
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway| $29.99 | 3200 MSP|
Bulletstorm| $19.99 | 1600 MSP| 1040 MSP
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3| $14.99 | 1200 MSP|
Crysis| $19.99 | 1600 MSP| 800 MSP
Crysis 3| $59.99 | 4800 MSP|
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga| $29.99 | 3200 MSP|
Dragon Age Origins| $14.99 | 1200 MSP| 800 MSP
Far Cry 3| $59.99 | 4800 MSP| 3600 MSP
Far Cry Instincts Predator| $19.99 | 1600 MSP|
Forza Horizon| $39.99 | 3200 MSP|
Gears of War: Judgment| $39.99 | 3200 MSP|
Hasbro Family Game Night 3| $29.99 | 2400 MSP| 1200 MSP
Hitman: Absolution| $29.99 | 2400 MSP| 1600 MSP
Kinect Sports 2| $29.99 | 2400 MSP| 1200 MSP
Left 4 Dead 2| $29.99 | 2400 MSP| 800 MSP
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes| $19.99 | 1600 MSP|
Lego Lord of the Rings| $29.99 | 2400 MSP|
Mass Effect| $14.99 | 1200 MSP|
Max Payne 3| $39.99 | 3200 MSP| 1200 MSP
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence| $49.99 | 4000 MSP|
Monopoly Streets| $29.99 | 2400 MSP| 1600 MSP
Perfect Dark Zero| $14.99 | 1200 MSP| 400 MSP
Prey| $19.99 | 1600 MSP| 1200 MSP
Rockstar Table Tennis| $14.99 | 1200 MSP| 400 MSP
The Orange Box| $19.99 | 1600 MSP| 800 MSP
Tomb Raider| $29.99 | 2400 MSP|
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings| $39.99 | 3200 MSP|
WWE 13| $59.99 | 4800 MSP| 3200 MSP
XCOM: Enemy Unknown| $39.99 | 3200 MSP|

I hear!
beat me to the punch, i was gonna post some of these, but i got to get ready for work :p

People simply feel Microsoft ballsed up the announcement, mostly. They announce two titles and whether people've played them awhile ago or whatever, they were looking forward to those titles. Instead they got an old tower defense game that, let's face it, is more the realm of mobile games then XBLA.

It's not about complaining about free games for people as much as complaining that Microsoft marketing sucks. People were feeling that Microsoft was going to go after PS+ with this promo but that was expecting way too much. The IGC is much bigger and if they only rolled out one at a time you'd still get crappy small games in between the bigger releases. Sure, some people still like that but most gamers see more value in AAA games(old or not) than arcade titles and they always will.
I just wonder how many people complaining about Xbox have actually experienced PS+ themselves. As someone who has been subscribing to PS+ since the summer it started, I know it frequently seems impressive, but in practice, I almost never actually play any of the free games. The majority of the free games fall into 1 of 2 categories for me...games I already bought or games I didn't buy because I didn't want to play them in the first place.

There are definitely exceptions from time to time, but I get most of my value from PS+ from the discounts. So when I see people saying they want Xbox Live to be more like PS+ because of the free games, I tend to believe that it would end up the same.

I will point out that PS+ had a few day 1 free games like The Simpsons, Awesomenauts, & Stacking...now stuff like that is something a little more worthy of online service envy.

The wording they used during the press conference was pretty poor and easily confusing if you didn't obsess about how it was said when reporting on it.

"To kickoff that program, I'd like to share just two of the titles we're going to offer over the next few months: Assassin's Creed II and Halo 3."

Who talks about kicking off the program by announcing two titles that are not kicking off the program? Imagine if Sony announced upcoming PS+ titles that weren't actually going to be out for another three months instead of within the next month.
It's just more MS doublespeak. Even worse what this tells us is that Halo 3 and Assassins Creed 2 might possibly be the best titles they are going to offer.

Funny to think people were comparing this to PS+ and saying the games were going to probably get better as the program rolls on. :rofl:

Hmm, judging by those prices I guess we can expect 1600 points for Divinity. That was only title I was interested in, but I was hoping for 800.

Wow, 1200 points for Prey, I thought that would be a cert for 400 points.

L4D2 is a good deal at 800, considering it's tricky to get a 2nd hand copy these days.

Ah those sales are really lame so far. Though L4D2 and Orange Box are nice prices, sadly they were already on sale for that before.

Makes me think Tomb Raider is going to be $25, not even $15 or $20. Which is gonna suck.

since Crysis is 800 msp, (a pass) that only leaves only one other game i want, C&C Red Alert 3, and it better be 400 MSP. lol.

Edit: seeing how as Prey is astoundingly 1200 MSP i highly doubt C&C: RA3 will hit 400 MSP. And Yes Orange Box and L4D2 are a steal at those prices.

Here we go. I couldn't find my oxm, but I found it online. It's the same as what their magazine had printed.

"Mehdi also announces an update to Xbox Live Gold, where you can download two games to keep each month. The first two free games will be Assassin's Creed II and Halo 3."

http://www.oxmonline.com/e3-2013-microsoft-press-briefing-highlights

Great game for it's time, outdated now. Not bad for nostalgia purposes.

Just my opinion anyway.
anyone know if PDZ has any online activity this week? let me know if it does; i'd drive down to gamestop and drop $2 on a copy if there's people to play with online again. those first few months of 360, all i did was play PDZ online. great online game. horrible story mode. any good hungarian prices?

Great game for it's time, outdated now. Not bad for nostalgia purposes.

Just my opinion anyway.
Great launch title, pretty under rated. Well, the MP was anyways, just my opinion.

But It's $2 used at Gamestop, and I got it for $1 years ago at Hollywood video. If you don't mind the used route It's a lot cheaper. But for $5 you can't go wrong if you want a digital copy.

Yeesh.  I'm hesitant to get my hopes up for a $20 Tomb Raider based on those current sales.  $20 seems pretty reasonable given the PSN sales and cheap prices for a used disc. 

Those aren't the prices.  The sale won't start until tonight/tomorrow depending on how soon they post the update.

Here we go. I couldn't find my oxm, but I found it online. It's the same as what their magazine had printed.

"Mehdi also announces an update to Xbox Live Gold, where you can download two games to keep each month. The first two free games will be Assassin's Creed II and Halo 3."

http://www.oxmonline.com/e3-2013-microsoft-press-briefing-highlights
Bad reporting. Plenty of "journalists" reported the same thing when it's clear as day that he said, to kick it off, here's a couple of the games we will be offering in the next few months. All the kingdom of nerds heard was "free games", "Halo 3", and "Assassin's Creed 2", and let their imaginations carry them away. If those are the two games they chose to highlight in the presentation, then is it any wonder they're giving away Defense Grid?

So people are mad because they didn't read the press release properly and thought AC2 and Halo 3 would be first. 

They're also mad that Microsoft is giving away free games that aren't as good as they think even though everyone got excited for a free doritos crash course 2 and this spartan legend game. 

And they're also upset because we have defense grid, AC2, Halo3 and those aren't good enough yet forgetting that Fable 3 was actually the first game in this promotion and is the most recent of the games so far. 

Oh and the usual that gold sucks and there is no benefit to it.  Heaven forbid you pay $35 a year to play online and get special sales...

I really don't mind the complaining...it's just the double standard for the complaints that confuses me...

Bad reporting. Plenty of "journalists" reported the same thing when it's clear as day that he said, to kick it off, here's a couple of the games we will be offering in the next few months. All the kingdom of nerds heard was "free games", "Halo 3", and "Assassin's Creed 2", and let their imaginations carry them away. If those are the two games they chose to highlight in the presentation, then is it any wonder they're giving away Defense Grid?
So if we comb your post history we will definately see you clearly stating the games would come sometime in the next 6 month? In fact before defense grid dropped is there a source that reported this correctly? Quit being an apologist and admit Microsoft intended for people to believe this is how they were kicking off the service.

Microsoft is frackin cheap they can't even give away cheap, old games they have to give a lame arcade game.

So if we comb your post history we will definately see you clearly stating the games would come sometime in the next 6 month? In fact before defense grid dropped is there a source that reported this correctly? Quit being an apologist and admit Microsoft intended for people to believe this is how they were kicking off the service.
You do realize the service "kicked off" the same day as the show, with Fable III.

Oh, and everyone seems to be ignoring the number of arcade games given out by PS+

So people are mad because they didn't read the press release properly and thought AC2 and Halo 3 would be first.

They're also mad that Microsoft is giving away free games that aren't as good as they think even though everyone got excited for a free doritos crash course 2 and this spartan legend game.

And they're also upset because we have defense grid, AC2, Halo3 and those aren't good enough yet forgetting that Fable 3 was actually the first game in this promotion and is the most recent of the games so far.

Oh and the usual that gold sucks and there is no benefit to it. Heaven forbid you pay $35 a year to play online and get special sales...

I really don't mind the complaining...it's just the double standard for the complaints that confuses me...
Way to over simplify the situation. People are mad because they were deceived. And no one reported this correctly, because again Microsoft announced it in a way to be perceived that way. Even an official Xbox magazine reported they would be the first 2 titles. Damn apologists are sickening.

I already have Defense Grid, but I bought it using one of my secondary accounts. I guess this will at least give me a chance to hook it up to my main account. All's good. No one should feel entitled to complain about freebies. If you don't like it, ask for a refund.

I've never heard anyone say L4D2 holds up as a solo game. Anybody that would dispute that? It seems to be the only decent deal out of the first set. Everything else is cheaper used.

Well except for The Orange Box but since I have Portal and wouldn't play Team Fortress that package ends up just being for Half Life 2.

I've never heard anyone say L4D2 holds up as a solo game. Anybody that would dispute that? It seems to be the only decent deal out of the first set. Everything else is cheaper used.

Well except for The Orange Box but since I have Portal and wouldn't play Team Fortress that package ends up just being for Half Life 2.
there's no reason to play it solo, just play it online with randoms at least. better to have people to yell at when they do dumb shit then to just bang your head against the wall when the AI does it.

there's no reason to play it solo, just play it online with randoms at least. better to have people to yell at when they do dumb shit then to just bang your head against the wall when the AI does it.
I'm only on xbox live again currently because of a promo, I won't be renewing it.

Those aren't the prices. The sale won't start until tonight/tomorrow depending on how soon they post the update.
Ya... that list looks suspiciously like the table I posted at SD, which I ripped off from Rockabye (tho I did give credit). The red numbers are from previous sales, which I combed xbldb for. Otherwise it was just a nice list of the current prices to have an idea what 50% off would get you. Where's a Tuesday Morning pic when you need one? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back