XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox disappoints once again. Though I've come to learn not to believe anything anyone from this cheap company says.

Get ready to pay 1600 MSPS for games like Prey tomorrow in the "Ultimate Game Sale". Lol.

So im guessing Microsoft took back the free Defense Grid? Its showing up for 800Msp in the marketplace, Oh well I was not that interested in the game anyways.

So im guessing Microsoft took back the free Defense Grid? Its showing up for 800Msp in the marketplace, Oh well I was not that interested in the game anyways.
It never showed up that I saw. Been watching it.

Ironically, I've played Halo 3 and don't care about AC2 (or if I did would have played it by now), but I might have played Defense Grid for a little bit. Easy, come, easy go.

It never showed up that I saw. Been watching it.

Ironically, I've played Halo 3 and don't care about AC2 (or if I did would have played it by now), but I might have played Defense Grid for a little bit. Easy, come, easy go.
Oh ok I thought it was already free before and after all the complaints they took it down. If it ends up still being free ill probably play it to get some achievements in it.

I remember a few years ago (I think it was a few, someone can remind me) when they used XBLA games as their apologies. Off the top of my head I recall carcassonne and undertow. I think they were for Xbox live going down for a day. Who knows, I'm old so it could have been for anything.

In the OXM issue I talked about, they never retracted what they said about Halo and AC. Although in this new issue it says, "unannounced" games in a small side column. So someone eventually told them they also had the wrong impression from E3.

According to Major Nelson, Defense Grid will be available for free "soon". Technical issues and such.

I agree with a lot of you that this isn't the most impressive selection to really get the Games With Gold going.  Free is free and there's no reason to complain about that, but it does seem an odd choice.  I wonder if this was the game they decided to go with to avoid taking some steam away from the Ultimate Game Sale this week. 

I imagine half the people complaining about Defense Grid haven't even played it. IMHO its a very fun Tower Defense game.

As a side note, I would like to say it shocks me people are complaining about something given to them for free, but I am not. This is what the world has come to and its sad. I dont want to hear how sony does this or this compnay does that, if you prefer the way one is doing it over the other, then switch.

I imagine half the people complaining about Defense Grid haven't even played it. IMHO its a very fun Tower Defense game.

As a side note, I would like to say it shocks me people are complaining about something given to them for free, but I am not. This is what the world has come to and its sad. I dont want to hear how sony does this or this compnay does that, if you prefer the way one is doing it over the other, then switch.
It's NOT FREE you're paying for xbox live gold in order to get the games. That being said this could honestly be worse, we could be getting UNO for free.

Sidenote: Why do people feel the need to defend corporations? They have PR and lawyers they don't need you guys. Trust me, no company is looking out for the consumer, all they want is your $$$.

I find it hard to believe he would go to Zynga. Aren't they circling the toilet?
Yeah, but one has to look at motivations.

1. Microsoft could be looking for a change. Their XBox One reveal hasn't gone well, and in some cases companies want to shift around their public faces in light of bad PR. Many of their "grand plans" had to be abandoned, and I'm sure he was involved in coming up with them. This may be a result of him being pushed out.

2. It might be his choice. Once you reach a point where you are satisfied financially (not everyone has an insatiable desire to accumulate wealth). He may be seeking a good challenge. He is very well off now, and gather more and more money isn't always rewarding. If he rescues them it would be quite an accomplishment.

3. It might be a combination of both. It is as good a time as any to make a change for MS. They are facing some bad PR, so a bold move is what they may think they need to get the public to think they have really switched gears.

It's NOT FREE you're paying for xbox live gold in order to get the games. That being said this could honestly be worse, we cold be getting UNO for free.

Sidenote: Why do people feel the need to defend corporations? They have PR and lawyers they don't need you guys. Trust me, no company is looking out for the consumer, all they want is your $$$.
That's only true if you paid for live simply to get the free games. Personally, I just reupped one month for the $1 promo. I'll definitely get my $1 worth using Hulu Plus, Netflix, and Xfinity, even if I don't play a single game online this month, which is probable. So the games, for me, are a bonus.

Too bad Ms is not actually serious about this Games for gold seeing as how its only temporary. Just trying to find a solution to make their service not look like ass compared to ps+

That's only true if you paid for live simply to get the free games. Personally, I just reupped one month for the $1 promo. I'll definitely get my $1 worth using Hulu Plus, Netflix, and Xfinity, even if I don't play a single game online this month, which is probable. So the games, for me, are a bonus.
Wow you're lucky that was a good deal, I never even heard of a 1 month for 1 dollar promo.

hope this sale is like last one 

dirt 2 $5

orange box $10

fallout 3 $ 5...went to gamestop got goty copy used downloaded all the dlc and took it back :)

street fighter 4 ae $10

those are the games i got last sale  

It's NOT FREE you're paying for xbox live gold in order to get the games. That being said this could honestly be worse, we could be getting UNO for free.

So much right said here.

Assassin’s Creed 3 - $14.99
Bioshock Infinite 
Borderlands 2 
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway - $4.99
Bulletstorm - $4.99
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 - $4.99
Crysis - $4.99
Crysis 3 
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga - $4.99
Dragon Age Origins - $4.99
Far Cry 3 
Far Cry Instincts Predator 
Forza Horizon 
Gears Judgement 
Hasbro Family Game Night 3 
Hitman Absolution 
Kinect Sports 2 
Left 4 Dead 2 
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes 
Lego Lord of the Rings 
Mass Effect - $4.99
Max Payne 3 - $9.99
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence 
Monopoly Streets 
Perfect Dark Zero - $2.99
Prey - $2.99
Rockstar Table Tennis 
The Orange Box 
Tomb Raider 
Witcher 2 
WWE 13 GonD 
X-com: Enemy Unknown

Dragon Age: Origins, Command and Conquer, Divinity II, and Brothers in Arms are 400 MSP as well. 

Wow those are some nice prices. Too bad I own them all and 1000 all of them already. Mass Effect for $5 is a steal. Please everyone buy it. Even Crysis for $5 is a steal.

Crysis is 400msp on US and 160 msp on Hungarian marketplace.

Max Payne 3 was 400 MSP before over here... 160 MSP on the HU marketplace =P

Dang, looks like I need to finally create a Hungarian account. Remind me again, which MSP amounts are region free?

I Love looking at the deals people posting so far and thinking "Oh that's a great deal I think --oh wait, I own that one too."

They're saving UNO for next time. This month it's Defense Grid and UNO. Next month is unofficially called "Irony Month." They're giving out Super Meatboy and Fez.

In November, MS is going all out. They're going with a Rare Launch Month and giving out Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo to remind players why they waited in line 8 years ago in the freezing cold. As a bonus, they're offering to add a new background sound effect to each title to replicate the original launch experience. This may sound a lot like a loud, high-pitched fan squealing, but in fact this is "The Launch Day Surprise Effect." You cannot adjust the volume of the sound. If you lower the volume of your TV and are using Kinect, the webcam will detect the movement of your hand and the proximity of an IR device, assume you are lowering the volume, and increase the volume of the fan squeal to keep the "The Launch Day Surprise Effect" at equivalent levels.

Also, a part of the November festivities is having your games randomly fail in what they're lovingly calling, "The RROD Effect." If you wait the mandatory one day, you will again have access to your games.

If your system enters "The RROD Effect," the only thing it will do for you is boot up to a "Preorder Xbox One" screen. There, you can preorder one of many amazing bundles of the Xbox One Day One console and then choose three of the amazing launch window titles for you to have digitally downloaded to your system on your first log in. If you choose to preorder an Xbox One at this screen, "The RROD Effect" will end to allow you to continue enjoying your Xbox experience. Each bundle includes an Xbox One, three digitally downloaded games, the heartfelt appreciation of Microsoft, and only costs you $699.99*. The mathematicians among you might think that's odd because it costs more than the price of the console plus three games, but remember you're also getting the heartfelt thanks of Microsoft, which is a priceless gift. Also, you're regaining access to your Xbox 360, which has to be worth something, right?

However, if you try to reboot the system and get around "The RROD Effect" without a preorder for an Xbox One being attached to your Live account, the counter will reset and you will start again at 24 hours. Be aware, "The Launch Day Surprise Effect" will also be activated after an hour of waiting through "The RROD Effect."

Microsoft: Giving you the Xbox you need. Not the Xbox you want.

*Please allow six weeks for your Xbox One to be delivered after launch. Not available in all countries or states. Not all games allowed for all ages. Beware falling pianos. Don't run with scissors unless being chased by a zombie. The Surgeon General requires us to advise you that limited studies into the preorders of Xbox One suggest a possible link between preordering Xbones and lives filled with regret. As a corporation, any "heartfelt appreciation" asserted by Microsoft in advertising is in fact not "heartfelt" at all. Corporations have no hearts. "Heartfelt" is therefore established to be a metaphor for the expression of an emotional state that may or may not actually be felt by Microsoft. Don't forget to floss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back