XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh is it my turn to chime in Brothers in Arms? It was meh, super meh. The game tries to make a focus on you and your squad mates, but I could give less of a hoot about them since they're literally all interchangeable. Squad commands don't work as well as you'd want them to leaving majority of the grunt work still up to you. The good thing though is for the most part some easy achievements to be had. Otherwise it's nothing to write home about in terms of the vast sea of WW2 shooters.

This will be my 3rd or 4th time owning Creed 3, but with the microsoft store points its worth it, and now I cant get rid of it. Might do Red Alert 3 also since Alert 2 is probably my favorite game ever! Yuri you are the best

Oh is it my turn to chime in Brothers in Arms? It was meh, super meh. The game tries to make a focus on you and your squad mates, but I could give less of a hoot about them since they're literally all interchangeable. Squad commands don't work as well as you'd want them to leaving majority of the grunt work still up to you. The good thing though is for the most part some easy achievements to be had. Otherwise it's nothing to write home about in terms of the vast sea of WW2 shooters.
its also extremely dated. and for people who care about achievements. One of them unlocks on September 21 I believe. And only that day.

OP is updated for now. Tomorrow looks to be pretty hellish at work, but I should be able to get all the new DotW info in the OP by the end of the day tomorrow.

Tempted on a couple games from this sale, but I'm going to at least wait and see what tomorrow brings before I bite on anything.
I don't think I've ever thanked you for keeping up with this now un-wiki'ed thread. You sir, are a Gentlemen and a Scholar, if i were wearing a hat, be sure it would be tipped in your general direction. Thx.

Just bought Divinity II, Crysis, BIA: HH, and Prey by using the points I got from the Mircosoft store $5 for 1200 deal. I think all of that equates to $6 out of pocket. Oh and I got Defense Grid for free. Today is a good day for this cheap ass gamer! Excited to see the rest of the sale prices. Hoping for under $30 for MGRR and Bioshock Infinite. 

its also extremely dated. and for people who care about achievements. One of them unlocks on September 21 I believe. And only that day.
I'll be honest, alot of them I merely just reset the time to get since the game doesn't need you connected to Live to get. Even then, agreed on it being dated.

Very happy the Walking Dead 400 days comes out this Friday. Unless Lego Batman 2 is 800 MSP, all I have to look forward to is the BO 2 dlc tomorrow and said Walking Dead dlc.

Are these deals for the whole week or daily? If I don't buy some games now am I going to miss this chance?
Quoting Major Nelson here:

There will be different titles on-sale at different times during the week, and while I don’t know exactly what will be on sale when or for how much, I’ll tweet out details and make a blog post each time a new groups of titles goes on sale. Here’s the full list of titles that will go on sale over the course of next week:
So yeah it seems likely that you can miss out on some deals...

Are these deals for the whole week or daily? If I don't buy some games now am I going to miss this chance?
They're probably daily from the little that Major Nelson has said about the sale, though it doesn't look like he's posted a full list of what's on sale today and more details to clear up any confusion. He probably thinks this line is as clear as day:

"There will be different titles on-sale at different times during the week"

http://majornelson.com/2013/06/28/xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-preview/

off topic I know, but does anyone know where I can use paypal to get MS point codes online? Obviously don't have time for shipping and I have some paypal burning a hole in my pocket.

Well let's be clear, the games up now should definitely be through tomorrow because of how late they popped up today, no official statement and Microsoft sales weeks usually starting on Tuesdays. But you probably shouldn't wait if you are over 75% sure you want something.

I'm sorry to get off topic, but my hard drive is full, and I know that there are flash memory...things, I don't know I never paid attention, I am really not up to date on this.  Can someone just explain how they work and are there only certain ones I can buy that will work on my slim xbox 360?  I'd appreciate it, the only thing I remember hearing is that you could only have up to 2 16GB or something? 2 total or at one time?  How much $?

Thanks, I don't want to make a seperate thread if someone can reply or PM me, you can insult this stupid post to,  I'm in a good mood   :)

off topic I know, but does anyone know where I can use paypal to get MS point codes online? Obviously don't have time for shipping and I have some paypal burning a hole in my pocket.
you can do that right on xbox.com dude, or you can do that right from your xbox once you add your paypal account on xbox.com.

I'm sorry to get off topic, but my hard drive is full, and I know that there are flash memory...things, I don't know I never paid attention, I am really not up to date on this. Can someone just explain how they work and are there only certain ones I can buy that will work on my slim xbox 360? I'd appreciate it, the only thing I remember hearing is that you could only have up to 2 16GB or something? 2 total or at one time? How much $?

Thanks, I don't want to make a seperate thread if someone can reply or PM me, you can insult this stupid post to, I'm in a good mood :)
Nearly any USB thumb drive should work and the max memory limit is 32GB. Meaning if you have a 64GB flash drive, the 360 will only use up 32GB and that's it (it's a dumb restriction, we know) and there's no particular limit to how many thumb drives you can use as long as there's a USB slot for it on your 360.

Also DON'T get the XBox 360 USB flash drive's since they waaaaay overprice.

wish xbox have sales like this weekly....damn near steam good if i do say so myself...

wish xbox have sales like this weekly....damn near steam good if i do say so myself...</p>
What could have been if only people didn't complain so much about a digital Xbox One

So I guess I should just grab the games I can right now incase they aren't on sale tomorrow?

Typically this is the way it plays out.

New titles added the night before they last until the wee hours of the next morning. In other words these will last until at least 11:59 pm tomorrow night.

Tomorrow evening around 730-8 the next days batch will start to pop up. It goes on like this until the sale ends.

Other vets this is about right, correct?

It makes me so sad that Max Payne 3 became so cheap so quickly. I bought the game for $60 when it first came out. Great game nevertheless.

Great minds think alike. I did the same.
Took me 3 years to get the achievment. My 2 cents on BIA:HH is if you like the first two and have not played this one as of yet... its really not worth it. Loved the series but you can clearly tell Gearbox didn't give a hoot about the series anymore. *Looks at that new BIA title* :drool: .

From what I remember the game had terrible A.I, glitches and felt like subpar game compared to the others.

Just got BulletStorm. How are Prey and PDZ? I already have most of the games there but those.
Prey is awesome, I picked it up on a whim because it was $2.99 used at GameStop and I had a blast playing it. It adds some cool mechanics to the first person shooting, and the way everything is designed and having the spirit abilities ,ales it stand out among a. Lot of other shooters.

Also, the portals and anti-gravity areas shake things up as well.

I'm sorry to get off topic, but my hard drive is full, and I know that there are flash memory...things, I don't know I never paid attention, I am really not up to date on this. Can someone just explain how they work and are there only certain ones I can buy that will work on my slim xbox 360? I'd appreciate it, the only thing I remember hearing is that you could only have up to 2 16GB or something? 2 total or at one time? How much $?

Thanks, I don't want to make a seperate thread if someone can reply or PM me, you can insult this stupid post to, I'm in a good mood :)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/224888-xbox-360-usb-compatibility-thread/

There are recommendations in that thread near the end.

Since tomorrow is the official start date of the sale, it's pretty safe to assume that these sales will last through tomorrow night, and there is a possibility another game or two might be added tomorrow.

So if you aren't able to get them today you'll still have tomorrow

Sorry if this has been asked, but I have not been able to find an answer. If it has been answered, please forgive me ;)

I am getting ready to do my big trade in of stuff to Gamestop with my 50% coupon. Anyway, Borderlands 2 is on the chopping block, but I only want to trade it in if I can get a digital copy to do what I want. 

In my household I purchase on my secondary xbox and download a second copy on my primary 360 so two people can play the same game on two different consoles at the same time.

I read somewhere that this "sharing" didn't work with the downloadable copy of Borderlands 2. Does anyone know if this is really the case? I don't want to essentially trade a hard copy for a digital copy if I don't get the benefits of the digital copy. 

Thanks. 

What could have been if only people didn't complain so much about a digital Xbox One
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. They have a really good sale maybe 2 or 3 times a year... and we are winding down time on 360 here... so maybe we'll get a few more bargains (used game prices in general have been CRATERING lately, so they pretty much have to start offering bargains on 360 games or there will be almost no purchases on older games at all). I certainly don't think digital prices have been anywhere close to favorable when you look at the big picture.

There's definitely a few here that could be a steal at $3 or $5, and $15 is very promising for Assassin's Creed 3 (so maybe some of the more recent games will be $15 or $20)... but sales like this are still few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back