XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
so wait... is there going to be a DotW separate from this? And holy crap, i have been at work all day and this is the only thread i follow... i missed 219 messages?!

Typically this is the way it plays out.

New titles added the night before they last until the wee hours of the next morning. In other words these will last until at least 11:59 pm tomorrow night.

Tomorrow evening around 730-8 the next days batch will start to pop up. It goes on like this until the sale ends.

Other vets this is about right, correct?
I still firmly think out of this batch of games on sale right now, most (if not all) of the 11 games, will be available all week long, with daily sales coinciding with this base sale (that lasts all week) that will only last a day per exclusive batch of games. I base this sales idea according to the last big GOD sale they had in the past. So if im wrong and this sale today is not an "all-weeker" buy what you want now or you'll regret it. But im sure most of these games will be up for the next 7 days. (DON'T FORGET last time games were dropping 1 day early, they were doing the same exact promo im mentioning)

this info is wrong. i'm in the US of A, and just made a swiss account, and added 400 msp. i bought crysis, which went thru with no problem. but dragon age origins says i'm in the wrong region, and won't purchase either on pc or xbox. so unless i'm missing something there i can't do anything. hm. anything i can do with 240 swiss points and a north american xbox, anybody? is bulletstorm literally my only option?
Okay, I made a mistake. Canada is Region Free (Someone tried it on a Japanese xbox and I tried it on a PAL xbox). Switzerland is Region Locked. I would say wait until tomorrow before spending the 240 Swiss points.

Damn! Divinity 2 I bought in December 2011 for $15 at Amazon and I STILL haven't opened it. :( Oh well at least I got the soundtrack with it...

Just grab them if you want them.

It's all opinionated but I'd say Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 1 and Bulletstorm are the best bets if you somehow haven't played them yet.

Divinity 2 grab if you have any interest because eBay/Amazon marketplace prices are quite a bit higher compared to what you will pay.

Assassins Creed 3 is pretty cheap compared to the current market price of $25-$30.

Everything else seems around that price or cheaper, correct me If I'm wrong. 

Okay, I made a mistake. Canada is Region Free (Someone tried it on a Japanese xbox and I tried it on a PAL xbox). Switzerland is Region Locked. I would say wait until tomorrow before spending the 240 Swiss points.
good idea, i'll wait, then just get pdz in the US if nothing else good shows up, i doubt anything else would be that cheap and i don't really like bulletstorm/prey. thanks for your list anyway, it is very helpful besides that hiccup :). DA:O isn't 160 points in canada, is it?

i have no interest in the next gen systems, gonna stay mostly pc unless an eventual exclusive i need comes out, but as it looks now i won't be going next gen for a long time. so perfect time to grab divinity 2 and crysis, relive my first days of xbox live with PDZ multiplayer.

good idea, i'll wait, then just get pdz in the US if nothing else good shows up, i doubt anything else would be that cheap and i don't really like bulletstorm/prey. thanks for your list anyway, it is very helpful besides that hiccup :). DA:O isn't 160 points in canada, is it?
360MSP in Canada. 320MSP in Australia.

If I have Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition can I pick up the digital copy for 5 dollars and copy over all the DLC from the 2nd disc and then trade in my disc copy? 

360MSP in Canada. Need to double check Hong Kong for pricing.
thanks, i only have 240 so i'll prob end up with perfect dark zero. my first xbox game. it had awful SP, but was one of the best online multiplayer shooters i've ever played, with tons of customizable options and match types. if anyone else picks up PDZ, add me on live, 'doctor angus md', gonna try to get some online games going this week. it's like a return to 2005, who's coming with me :p

edit: also everyone should have mass effect for $5. easily a top 3 game of this generation.

The thread exploded when they announced Defense Grid as the first free game for July instead of Halo 3 or AC2.
The thread exploded when they announced Defense Grid as the first free game for July instead of Halo 3 or AC2.

i saw that... decided to skip all of it because it made me a little ill to see so many people whine like that over a free game, one we didnt know that was going to be offered too...

well, ill be saving these points as it stands now. Alot of great deals, but nothing outshines the thought of finally getting to play Dragonborn DLC and i have the points to pull the trigger on it now, im just waiting to see if there happens to be a sale on it or not announced for this week or next week.

The deals really are great though, if i thought for a second that TF2 in the orange box would breathe again i would buy it for 240 msp... portal alone is worth that

Ok so Max Payne 3 apparently 800 MSP but Switzerland shows up as 160MSP... any way for me to get it at that price? I have an U.S. account that I've had for years now... change it to swiss and back? if so then how? or make a new one and add points? I was gonna jump on it for 800 but now feel jipped (even the UK is 520, Norway 360)

i saw that... decided to skip all of it because it made me a little ill to see so many people whine like that over a free game, one we didnt know that was going to be offered too...
You made the right decision, it was just a lot of people (me included) spouting their two cents, and it's not really worth reading at this point.

[customspoiler="Opinion"]And I agree with your sentiments about the free game and the whining.[/customspoiler]

Stupid question: Will the games play faster when purchased as "Games on Demand" (no disc is required), rather than simply installing the disc to the hard drive and leaving it in the tray?

edit: also everyone should have mass effect for $5. easily a top 3 game of this generation.
Why would you put easily in there? Most everyone I know considers it the third best game...in it's own series. That's just an opinion and not even a real popular one. I will say though that it sells for a pretty high amount used still so it's a good deal in that regard.

Noob question: can I still play the downloaded Mass Effect after my gold membership expires? I always buy physical copy of games before this. Thanks.

Well, I grabbed Max Payne, which is awesome because I bought it during the Gamefly sale and had to get a refund because it never arrived. 

Question: I just now saw that Saints Row the Third got reduced to $30.  Is the game worth it at that price?

Noob question: can I still play the downloaded Mass Effect after my gold membership expires? I always buy physical copy of games before this. Thanks.
Yes.

Question: I just now saw that Saints Row the Third got reduced to $30. Is the game worth it at that price?
IMO yes although it seems like you should be able to get it much cheaper elsewhere. I know I didn't pay more than $20 for it over a year ago (Gamefly sale maybe?) although searching around the net this actually seems like a good price. Whatever you do don't buy the dlc though. Biggest ripoff dlc I ever purchased. $20 for an hour to an hour and a half of gameplay to beat it and max out the achievements.

Why would you put easily in there? Most everyone I know considers it the third best game...in it's own series. That's just an opinion and not even a real popular one. I will say though that it sells for a pretty high amount used still so it's a good deal in that regard.
2 and 3 are great, but honestly ME1 is the only story driven game this generation i played where i wasn't just snoozing during cutscenes waiting impatiently for more gameplay, the story actually was better than the gameplay (the gameplay is good too but the story is god tier).

98% of the story based games i play i'm just bored in cutscenes wishing i was either playing the game or watching a movie with some good writing in it instead. i guess i'm just an old school gamer in that regard, stories in games just always seem like D-tier movies to me but ME1 was on the level of star wars imo. ME1 is the truth. sorry for opinions.

Man, these are pretty damn good deals.  Mass Effect for $5 is an insta-purchase to have that digitally and not have to take the disc out of the Collectors Edition case.  I would have picked up Divinity TDKS for $5 without hesitation but AC3 at $15 surprised me and now I'm worried about having points for the rest of the week.  Damn good sale, nice job Microsoft. 

Stupid question: Will the games play faster when purchased as "Games on Demand" (no disc is required), rather than simply installing the disc to the hard drive and leaving it in the tray?
Nope, same speed after disc authentication is performed.

Does anyone know if these games might still count toward the Xbox Rewards GoD punch card? If so imma buy at least 4. :p
No, because each game for that promotion must be $19.99/1600 points or more. Also if you're buying games for the main purpose of saving money, you're doing it wrong.

Well, I grabbed Max Payne, which is awesome because I bought it during the Gamefly sale and had to get a refund because it never arrived.

Question: I just now saw that Saints Row the Third got reduced to $30. Is the game worth it at that price?
It's free with Playstation Plus.... Love my ps3!!! :)

Mass Effect is a technical piece of shit. The framerate is terrible, the game constantly freezes for a few seconds when auto-saving, and the textures popping in all of the time is annoying. It was only for the story that I endured all of that crap to beat the game and I'm not the sort of player that gets bugged by small visual issues. They fucked up rushing that game out to an early launch for the holidays when it should've launched in mid-2008.

Assassin's Creed III for $15 was a steal. Haven't seen it that cheap even when there were crazy retail deals on it. Even though it's kind of a terrible game...I like all the other AC games enough to push through and finish it.

I'm hoping for good deals on Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider. BINfinite I'm only expecting to go down to like...$40 but Tomb Raider is already $30. Maybe that'll go down to like $20 or $25.

Does that include being able to just install the Awakening expansion, too?
I think so. The Awakening "expansion" is just a giant piece of DLC. For the Ultimate Edition, Disc 1 was just Dragon Age: Origins and Disc 2 was just Awakenings + DLC, correct? If that's the case, then yeah you can just install Awakening and play with the Origins disc

I still have never played a Mass Effect game but being the achievement junkie I am it looks like a pretty big grind to get them all.

I just bought Tomb Raider last week for $30 on a whim.  Really great game and easily the best Tomb Raider yet but I'm kicking myself for not waiting a week to get it.

I'm gonna get Bulletstorm and  Tomb Raider.............Thanks to Best Buy and Microsoft Store I have plenty of points to splurge

I know trying to get a recommendation right now might be a fools errand, but I've never played Crysis in my life and I'm wondering if that experience still holds up today.  I've always been somewhat hesitant because it strikes me as a "love it or hate it vehemently" kind of game, but 5 bucks, the ability to earn achievements and play it with my controller has me very, very interested.  Thanks in advance for any advice!

I know trying to get a recommendation right now might be a fools errand, but I've never played Crysis in my life and I'm wondering if that experience still holds up today. I've always been somewhat hesitant because it strikes me as a "love it or hate it vehemently" kind of game, but 5 bucks, the ability to earn achievements and play it with my controller has me very, very interested. Thanks in advance for any advice!
It's much better then it's two recent sequels if that helps. Think of it a bit like Far Cry meets Predator.

I know trying to get a recommendation right now might be a fools errand, but I've never played Crysis in my life and I'm wondering if that experience still holds up today. I've always been somewhat hesitant because it strikes me as a "love it or hate it vehemently" kind of game, but 5 bucks, the ability to earn achievements and play it with my controller has me very, very interested. Thanks in advance for any advice!
I absolutely hated Crysis. Most people I know loved it. It really requires some use of stealth and I'm more of a gung ho run into battle kind of guy, so I died ALOT. So ya I think it is kind of a love it or hate it kind of game. For $5 it's hard to go wrong though.

I was just watching walkthroughs on youtube of Crysis. It holds up well visually and is pretty typical shooter stuff but with the added suit perks that you can use or not. It definitely seems a good $5 investment especially since, unlike the other titles, it will never go down in used price for physical either.

I really hope Bioshock and Tomb Raider are on sale in the same day, because im only likely to buy one, and i dont want to pass on tomb raider at possibly 20 dollars thinking bioshock might be 30, and it ends up being 40-50 and i dont get either. Id also be mad if i bought tomb raider and then found out bioshock was only 30. So. yeah.

I wish I knew all the prices so I could allocate my funds accordingly :) some things I'm thinking about but might regret buying if other games are cheap on the list later on.

Assassin's Creed III for $15 was a steal. Haven't seen it that cheap even when there were crazy retail deals on it. Even though it's kind of a terrible game...I like all the other AC games enough to push through and finish it.
There seems to be quite a bit of DLC for Assassin's Creed 3. Thinking about getting the GoD deal but am wondering about a possible GOTY collection someday.

I don't particularly care for military style shooters, but I really enjoyed Crysis 1.  It had enough cool features to differentiate it from some of the more rote FPS campaigns that I've played.  I paid $10 for it and don't regret it one bit.  

Neogaf is reporting that Far Cry 3 is $20, WWE 13 is $15 and Borderlands 2 is $10.
Wow that's a really good deal for Borderlands 2! Prices showing up for me at the moment, thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Grabbed Borderlands 2, had to refresh a couple of times to get the price to show up correctly. Debating if I should jump on Far Cry 3, let me hear it guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back