XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, so many games to choose from. Probably passing on Crysis, but am still debating Bulletstorm (retail has regularly been around the same price though). Now Borderlands 2 since it's the cheapest I've seen it for 360. I didn't particularly enjoy the first as much as I thought I would, but I heard 2 makes a ton of improvements. Can anyone vouch for it being any good single player? 

Man, so many games to choose from. Probably passing on Crysis, but am still debating Bulletstorm (retail has regularly been around the same price though). Now Borderlands 2 since it's the cheapest I've seen it for 360. I didn't particularly enjoy the first as much as I thought I would, but I heard 2 makes a ton of improvements. Can anyone vouch for it being any good single player?
I don't think you'd like 2 if you didn't like 1. They were very very similar IMO.

I know trying to get a recommendation right now might be a fools errand, but I've never played Crysis in my life and I'm wondering if that experience still holds up today. I've always been somewhat hesitant because it strikes me as a "love it or hate it vehemently" kind of game, but 5 bucks, the ability to earn achievements and play it with my controller has me very, very interested. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Dude, you don't know what your missing. The gameplay is way better than part 2.The game still very holds up to todays standards in FPS.

Borderlands 2 was much better than the first.  It's still fun single player, but if you don't buy DLC for it, you may quickly get burned out on doing the same missions over and over for different characters/different difficulties.  It's worth the $10 in my opinion.

I don't think you'd like 2 if you didn't like 1. They were very very similar IMO.
hmm, guess I should probably pass then. Reviews say the writing is a lot better though, which was one of the reasons I disliked 1 (got bored with the lack of any real story). Guess I will have to think about it some more :whistle2:k

2 and 3 are great, but honestly ME1 is the only story driven game this generation i played where i wasn't just snoozing during cutscenes waiting impatiently for more gameplay, the story actually was better than the gameplay (the gameplay is good too but the story is god tier).

98% of the story based games i play i'm just bored in cutscenes wishing i was either playing the game or watching a movie with some good writing in it instead. i guess i'm just an old school gamer in that regard, stories in games just always seem like D-tier movies to me but ME1 was on the level of star wars imo. ME1 is the truth. sorry for opinions.
I fully agree. Just finished ME3 the other day and that's exactly what it was like. I didn't care about the cutscenes anymore and to be honest there's just a lot of running around places (especially towards the end where you literally have to almost crawl about a mile - most boring gameplay ever). ME1 was my favorite of the bunch and felt more like an RPG. The other games should have just dropped all the armour and weapon upgrades as they just seemed pointless to me and just given me 3 or 4 weapons and just declared itself a shooter. The storylines were never quite as good as ME1. For some reason people think ME2 is the best of the trilogy but I'm with you ME1 was the pinnacle of storytelling in that series. The rest were just decent sequels where you got to see how the gang got back together.

Grabbed BL2 and FC: IP. Sitting on the fence with Command and Conquer, but it's easy to find that on disc super cheap. Sigh - damn you MS, the backlog grows.

From what I've heard of Borderlands 2 it makes a few improvements from BL1 (though I haven't played it). More varied environments and automatic pickups of money and ammo by walking over it so you don't have to spend 1/2 the game looking at the ground. I also hear that big difference is that it actually has one of the best bosses and storylines in games of the last few years, which is what turned me off of BL1 as it just ended up being a random lootfest with nothing behind it. So I figure for $10 it's worth it if you like a more story-driven game.

I got bored and cooked up potential US prices for the games that will go on sale later this week. 

I remembered something about every title being at least 50% off, but I could be completely wrong.

However, that's what I based these prices off of compared to their current Games on Demand prices: A potential high price of 50% off, and a potential low price around 75-80% off. I considered the current discounts, current new and used prices for disc versions, and whether the GoD versions have been on sale before.

I didn't give MS too much credit since it looks like they're getting cheap games out of the way, so many of these could be a few bucks lower/higher than my guesses.

Take these with a grain of salt!

$60 Games: 2400-1200 MSP (as low as 75% off)
BioShock Infinite - $25
Crysis 3 - $20
Far Cry 3 - $20
WWE 13 - $15 (part of the weekly sale, not a daily)

$50 Games: 2000-1000 MSP (as low as 75% off)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence - $20

$40 Games: 1600-800 MSP (as low as 75% off)
Borderlands 2 - $10
Forza Horizon - $15
Gears of War: Judgment - $15
The Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings - $10
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - $15

$30 Games: 1200-400 MSP (as low as 83% off) 
Hasbro Family Game Night 3 - $5
Hitman: Absolution - $10
Kinect Sports 2 - $5
Left 4 Dead 2 - $10
Lego Lord of the Rings - $5
Monopoly Streets - $5
Tomb Raider - $15

$20 Games: 800-240 MSP (as low as 85% off)
Far Cry Instincts Predator - $5
Lego Batman 2 DC Superheroes - $5
The Orange Box - $10

$15 Games: 600-240 MSP (as low as 80% off) 
Rockstar Table Tennis - $3

Edit: Looks like Far Cry 3, WWE '13 and Borderlands 2 were on the mark, this could get fun  :)

Soooo many pages so excuse me if this has already been asked and answered, but any idea what the sale price will be for XCOM?

Edit: Oh post above me is giving a good guess  :bouncy:

. Debating if I should jump on Far Cry 3, let me hear it guys.
Far Cry 3 features some instafail stealth sequences which seem out of place. Also, there's a lot of hunting if you want upgrades. I honestly felt like I was playing Cabela's Island Hunts while just trying to get the resources to hold more ammo and cash. Generally it wasn't for me, but I'm usually in the minority among my friends on it.

http://majornelson.com/2013/07/01/xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-starts-today-2/

The games change out every day from 7/2 to 7/5. The games that are out now last until 7/8.

July 2nd Offers - Regular - Sale Price - Save - Savings

Assassin’s Creed 3 - $39.99 - $14.99 - $25.00 - 63%

Borderlands 2 - $39.99 - $9.99 - $30.00 - 75%

Far Cry 3 - $59.99 - $19.99 - $40.00 - 67%

Max Payne 3 - $39.99 - $9.99 - $30.00 - 75%

A couple of games are missing from the OP for the list games that are going until 7/8.

Far Cry Instincts Predator - $19.99 - $4.99 - $15.00 - 75%

WWE ’13 - $59.99 - $14.99 - $45.00 - 75%

Thanks to all that responded to my question about Borderlands 2 license.

Rereading the conversation that got me confused in the first place, it seems it is the season pass that has issues being shared, well, at least I hope that's what I read. Anyway, I'm still waiting on my new/used/cowboom xbox to come in, so I won't be able to confirm if the sharing works until later in the week. 

I decided against Dragon Age. I don't have that great of an interest in it, and a disc copy is roughly the same price. After seeing Borderlands 2 come in at $10, I think I'm better off hanging on to the points I would have spent on DA:O and seeing what other deals show up.

Crysis is definitely worth it for $5, for those who were asking. It holds up, but there were definitely improvements made in C2 that I miss when playing the original. The tagging system was infinitely better in the sequels.

Major Nelson just posted the sale for July 2nd on his blog. We have to wait to see what the other games prices are.

BOJON4jCMAApsQG.png

I have plenty of points after the 1200 for $5 sale. Only thing tempting me now is AC3, but I passed for less on PC. Regardless I will be keeping an eye on the sale.

These prices are really ridiculous. I wonder if MS plans to keep it up cause that would be cool every once in awhile. Regardless still nothing for me. Great prices though. I just own everything i am interested in. Only thing I may get and really looking like it will hit $15-$20 is Tomb Raider.

I just sold my WWE 13, but gonna wait out rebuying that to see the other prices.

Bioshock cant go below 3200 right? That would be pretty crazy

Wow that's a really good deal for Borderlands 2! Prices showing up for me at the moment, thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Grabbed Borderlands 2, had to refresh a couple of times to get the price to show up correctly. Debating if I should jump on Far Cry 3, let me hear it guys.
I enjoyed almost every second of Far Cry 3 and felt my 40 dollars spent on it was completely justified. I despised Far Cry 1 and 2 as my PERSONAL opinion of them is that they were compilations of engine and tech demos (Oh look, we made fire spread) that had some shoddy game and game mechanics slapped on them and shipped as game.

Far Cry 3 on the other, seemed to harness all the promise of its engine and very impressive technical feats and combine with a game and mechanics that I actually wanted to sit down and play for HOURS on end. The story is an excellent slice of gonzo entertainment and I found myself reacting to things in the game genuinely. The hunting CAN be tedious, but I found it to be a small complaint when compared to the sheer thrills I was experiencing most of the time. The game also empowered me to be stealthy in ways other games never have. Chaining melee kills for more XP, hiding mere feet away from guards as you scout and tag enemies and prepare to assault an outpost, and how the tension ratchets up when you are caught by surprise by a roving jeep or infantry patrol, and of course the various ways fire and nature itself can be harnessed into a deadlier set of weaponry that a gun was all very VERY exciting to me which was doubly impressive considering earlier this year I had about written off the current gen in as far as it's capability to deliver NEW and exciting experiences to me. Far Cry 3, for me, is on a very short list of must-play first person shooters for this generation (and for me personally, must-play games of this generation.)

Sorry for the run-on sentences. Hope this helped someone out there.

Quick question. I have the Dragon age ultimate edition. Will there be any problems if I download the digital version of the game and use my DLC from the ultimate edition install disc?

These prices are really ridiculous. I wonder if MS plans to keep it up cause that would be cool every once in awhile. Regardless still nothing for me. Great prices though. I just own everything i am interested in. Only thing I may get and really looking like it will hit $15-$20 is Tomb Raider.
Same here. Prices are fantastic but there really isn't anything I'm too interested in. I'm trying to clear out my backlog but if I do buy something I intend on playing it within a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back