XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Xbox Gods have finally answered my prayers! I've been waiting since Christmas for the Borderlands 2 DLC to go on sale again!

Picked up Prey right away. I forgot all about this game. I'll try Mass Effect when I have more time.

Borderlands 2 - I'm probably the only person not buying this. I didn't like the first game from what I played of it (they should have called the game "Looking Down") but I downloaded the free PS+ edition to give it anther chance. I like to keep certain series on one console unless I love it so much to play it on impulse.

Max Payne 3 - Since it is on sale for one day only, I'll pick it up and sell the disc. As I mentioned before, I bought this at launch for full price (ok, half after trade-ins and gift cards) but I suppose I can put it up on a future lowball.

WWE '13 - Oh come on. Yet another game I buy at launch that goes on sale fast? I feel like I should never buy a game on release day ever again. Not sure if I should buy now or wait closer for 2K14 and see if it goes down to $10.

Ass Creed 3 - Not surprised that Part 2 wasn't for free once this was listed. I'll wait for $10.

Is FarCry Instinct Predator the first game in the series?

Considering Bulletstorm even though I have it on PS3.

Krieg the Psycho is 400? That is tempting really just for the novelty of his skill trees. Could breath fresh life into BL2 for me.  I think I just crossed 180 hours so I have gotten my money's worth. Hmmm...

If I buy the digital version of Borderlands 2, will my save from the disc copy carry over? I finished and traded in the game but I really want to try the DLC, and it's hard to argue with those prices!

Also, thanks to those who pointed out the ME3 Omega sale. Now if only Citadel and Leviathan would go on sale!

Deal Of The Week Discount Dates Price
Borderlands 2 DLC 2-Jul To 8-Jul
Psycho Bandit 400 (50% Off)
Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt 400 (50% Off)
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign Of Carnage 400 (50% Off)
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 200 (50% Off)
Creature Slaughterdome 200 (50% Off)
Captain Scarlett And Her Pirate’s Booty 400 (50% Off)
Mechromancer Pack 400 (50% Off)
Sale prices haven't updated yet for some of the Borderlands stuff...

If I buy the digital version of Borderlands 2, will my save from the disc copy carry over? I finished and traded in the game but I really want to try the DLC, and it's hard to argue with those prices!

Also, thanks to those who pointed out the ME3 Omega sale. Now if only Citadel and Leviathan would go on sale!
yes it will because tis the same game

Picked up Prey right away. I forgot all about this game. I'll try Mass Effect when I have more time.

Borderlands 2 - I'm probably the only person not buying this. I didn't like the first game from what I played of it (they should have called the game "Looking Down") but I downloaded the free PS+ edition to give it anther chance. I like to keep certain series on one console unless I love it so much to play it on impulse.

Max Payne 3 - Since it is on sale for one day only, I'll pick it up and sell the disc. As I mentioned before, I bought this at launch for full price (ok, half after trade-ins and gift cards) but I suppose I can put it up on a future lowball.

WWE '13 - Oh come on. Yet another game I buy at launch that goes on sale fast? I feel like I should never buy a game on release day ever again. Not sure if I should buy now or wait closer for 2K14 and see if it goes down to $10.

Ass Creed 3 - Not surprised that Part 2 wasn't for free once this was listed. I'll wait for $10.

Considering Bulletstorm even though I have it on PS3.
You're not the only person. I thought the first game was really boring and won't buy any game in the series after it.

Bad luck for Microsoft. Apparently my account was locked from purchasing anything on Xbox for some odd reason. Chatted with costumer service, they say they will get back to me in a week. Ha!

I bought State of Decay last week, so its recent. I was also gonna buy every game under $5 and some of the others if the prices were right like BL2. Guess they wont get any of my money, and I was ready to spend $50+ overall.

Is it possible to buy Far Cry 3 through the Marketplace website with points? I see "Buy Game - $19.99" but no option to buy with points, just want to make sure before I click the button.
Yes. Just click buy then there is an option to switch to MSP.

Bad luck for Microsoft. Apparently my account was locked from purchasing anything on Xbox for some odd reason. Chatted with costumer service, they say they will get back to me in a week. Ha!

I bought State of Decay last week, so its recent. I was also gonna buy every game under $5 and some of the others if the prices were right like BL2. Guess they wont get any of my money, and I was ready to spend $50+ overall.
Man i hope Microsoft survives that blow

Fast? the game has been out at least 9 months. if you didn't play the shit out of it you shouldn't have gotten it on release. plus, the game resells for over 30 on ebay.

i think i'm gonna buy wwe 13 and bl2 on the swiss mp and sell my discs. easily $50 in profit, and since i know my 360 won't ever get sold at this point, better off condensing the clutter for the future. my disc space is crying though. i guess i'll keep my eyes peeled for a good deal on 32gb flash cards, because i don't think i want to upgrade the HDD at this point. what's a good price point to look for on those?

also it doesn't matter for me since i already have the mp code, but does wwe 13 digital come with the online play? so if my friend buys it he can play against me without purchasing online axxess for $10 or whatever it is? (not the season pass, the one you need to play online)

I'm pretty sure this was answered last night, but around what time will these daily deals end? I want to get Borderlands 2 but I'm waiting to see if my amazon gift cards will get posted today.

Is it possible to buy Far Cry 3 through the Marketplace website with points? I see "Buy Game - $19.99" but no option to buy with points, just want to make sure before I click the button.
Click "Download to Xbox 360" then "Use Microsoft Points" then "Confirm".

Go on Xbox.com and do a Chat with Xbox Support. The agent unlocked mine while we were chatting.

I forgot I sold my disc copy of the original Mass Effect. Looks like I'm buying that too. Really tempted by Borderlands 2 even though I have my premium edition disc copy. I wish I had a crystal ball to see what the prices for the rest of the week would be.

You think WWE 13 went on sale "fast"? It came out in October. I got it for $25 through Amazon Black Friday sales and I thought that was great. (Have since traded it in, considering the GoD rebuy, but probably won't pull the trigger.)

Yes, Far Cry Instincts: Predator is an HD remake of the first Far Cry with some added stuff.

Is BL2 worth buying if I didn't like the first BL? Were the upgrades incremental or do they make the experience better? My major problems with the first BL was that the story was super fractured and mostly irrelevant and that there was no radio at all. Since I played it single player (will do the same with this one) that lead to long stretches of driving between missions with nothing going on except poor Halo-inspired driving mechanics.

I'm pretty sure this was answered last night, but around what time will these daily deals end? I want to get Borderlands 2 but I'm waiting to see if my amazon gift cards will get posted today.
Around midnight, they can sometimes stay for a few hours after that, but don't count on it.

You think WWE 13 went on sale "fast"? It came out in October. I got it for $25 through Amazon Black Friday sales and I thought that was great. (Have since traded it in, considering the GoD rebuy, but probably won't pull the trigger.)

Yes, Far Cry Instincts: Predator is an HD remake of the first Far Cry with some added stuff.
Not an "HD remake" just a remake with some added stuff. I played the original and it was very HD, way past 1080p even back then.

Is BL2 worth buying if I didn't like the first BL? Were the upgrades incremental or do they make the experience better? My major problems with the first BL was that the story was super fractured and mostly irrelevant and that there was no radio at all. Since I played it single player (will do the same with this one) that lead to long stretches of driving between missions with nothing going on except poor Halo-inspired driving mechanics.
If those were your biggest complaints then you'll probably enjoy it. There is an actual relevant story now that goes pretty in depth if you're willing to learn the background info on everything. There still isn't a radio in the car, but you don't have to drive everywhere as much and there aren't as many wide open/empty areas to go through. Most of them Re usually full of bandits driving their cars so you have a bigger focus on vehicular combat and there is a loot caravan to track down.

Beyond that it takes everything that was good about the first one and improves upon it. Better weapon variety, more enemy types, better skill trees, and a lot of cool stuff to find hidden throughout the game.

Only ME3 Omega is discounted, and it's not gold exclusive so MAYBE it's a special sale or a price drop.

Also, come BL2 DLCs are 50% off along with Gatling Gears and some Rocksmith DLCs, but BL2 DLCs are gold-only
It's the special Kinect Central sale according to Major Nelson's post. One Kinect thing is on sale each week there.

It sucks that the only DLC for Borderlands 2 that isn't on sale is the Tiny Tina one, was looking forward to playing that. Oh, and the collector's edition pack and the skins, but those aren't really important :p

The story is a lot more fleshed out than in BL1. But they're very similar overall; if you just didn't like playing the first one I don't think BL2 will change your mind.

I should probably finally buy the Mechromancer. Maybe. Wish the season pass was on sale. I had actually dropped a fiver to preorder BL2 "way back in the day" but never got access to the Premiere Club (and the Mechromancer, by association) - but then again, I didn't get the game at release either. So I wonder aloud if I was entitled to it or not.

It sucks that the only DLC for Borderlands 2 that isn't on sale is the Tiny Tina one, was looking forward to playing that. Oh, and the collector's edition pack and the skins, but those aren't really important :p
Did you really expect the DLC to be on sale one week after it came out?

If somebody hadn't given me the steelbook from the PS3 version of the UVH Edition (which will hold a 360 disk just fine but not the manual) then I would do this sale but I love having that steelbook on my shelf.

I should probably finally buy the Mechromancer. Maybe. Wish the season pass was on sale. I had actually dropped a fiver to preorder BL2 "way back in the day" but never got access to the Premiere Club (and the Mechromancer, by association) - but then again, I didn't get the game at release either. So I wonder aloud if I was entitled to it or not.
The premiere club isn't anything special anyways, the golden guns you get help you through the first half hour or so, after that you find plenty of guns that are better. And the one Golden key doesn't really feel special now that ere have been so many SHIFT codes released.

I highly recommend the Mechromancer :D it takes a bit to get used to her Anarchy skill, but once you get a good set-up with your skills, it balances out pretty quickly.

buying that character was one of the few xbl purchases i regret. the game comes with 4 characters to play through, and each has like 100 hrs of gameplay if you care to do it. its a little different than the other characters, but really all it does is give you a robot that plays the game for you. only good for achievement whores imo.

and wow, capsized is finally coming to xbla. too bad i already got it in an indie bundle for like 10% of what it'll cost here. perfect example of a game being ported waaaaaaay too late.

MS is really bringing it with these sale prices. It's a shame I own so many of these games already. Only thing on my radar is Monopoly and Forza (would have to be sub $10).

Capsized was originally due out on XBLA in December 2011. It's not about it being ported way too late, they must have either run into publisher troubles or hit a wall with the Xbox Live Arcade team at MS.
yeah, that's what i meant, it was due out forever and a day ago. sucks for the dev team because it's a great game but it's definitely going to have awful XBLA sales since alot of people awaiting its release (like myself) figured it'd probably never get finalized and just got it on PC. even moreso because it's a low tech game that can run on really old hardware.

hell i searched like 2 months ago to see if there was any news about it and all i could find then was stuff about it coming out in 2011, couldn't find any news of the xbox version still being released at a later date, it seemed like it just vanished

Kinda off-topic, but does anybody know how reliable the Xbox.com mobile site is? I'm going on a camping trip tomorrow through Saturday and I'll only have my iPhone with me but I'd love to pick up a couple games that will be in the daily sales.

Threw the ME3 Omega DLC in the OP and title since that's a pretty big deal to a lot of people.  Most of the OP is updated with the deals, but not actually links.  I'll get those in later when the prices actually drop and xbldb picks them up.

Also, seeing as we're closing in on post 10,000, I'll be closing down this thread later in the week and starting a new on.  Probably on Friday, just a heads up since this thread will probably be very popular all week

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back