XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
+1. I have played just a few of RTS games, so i wonder if Red Alert is too noob unfriendly.

I bought B2 day one, i don't regret it. If u don't care about having a disc on ur hands, 800mp is a steal for 2012 best fps and best multiplayer and best character VGA awarded game. U can wait to buy a discounted seasson pass, since it has been on sale already for 1600.
So the season pass has gone on sale before? I wish they would have done that during this sale. They probably didn't because the pass would cost more then the game

Check back a few pages for your answer. I have yet to play Tomb Raider but I absolutely loved my time with Far Cry 3.
I read those posts. Didn't really see a general concesus on which one is a better game. I went with far cry 3 because I'm more a fps kinda guy althought if tomb raider is $10 I might bite.

Ok, quick overview of C&C Red Alert 3.

#1, if you played Halo Wars, and liked it, get it. Its basically plays similarly. I've played most RTS games on 360 (there aren't that many), and for me, its Halo Wars first (its simple and to the point), then Red Alert 3 (similar to Halo Wars, but has three full campaigns, coop on all missions), then everything else.

Red Alert 3 has three full campaigns, so there is a ton of content. It also has coop, so its great to get and play. I played one entire campaign with my brother, and it was incredibly fun. Its obviously an RTS, similar to Startcraft, you build a base, get new/different units per mission, and each mission has weird/interesting mission objectives. I would recommend it if you like RTS games, as this is one of the best examples on how an RTS should work on consoles. The story is played out in live action vidoes like old C&C games, they are clearly exagerated, and it makes it the more fun before entering each mission. Controls are simple, for a console RTS, move commnads/double clikcs are here, the usual. Game can be played rather easy/simple if you are on the easier difficulties, but it can provide a strategy challenge if on harder dificulties. THere are also land, air and even water units (my favorite are the submarines, way OP).

Anyhow. I recommend getting it at $5, if you like the style of game or are interested.
Can you talk about the controls more? You bring up a radial menu by pressing Bumper to build stuff, or how does it work? How do you assign units to a group? On PC, it would be Ctrl+Number, and you press that number to command them, so what's the hotkey on consoles to quickly grab an assigned squad?

If you play co-op without a mic, is there preassigned commands you can use to message your partner?

I only have 34.9 gigs left on my hard drive for my 250 gb xbox and it's only day 1. I'm excited at the same time worried because i'm too lazy to buy more space.

I bought B2 day one, i don't regret it. If u don't care about having a disc on ur hands, 800mp is a steal for 2012 best fps and best multiplayer and best character VGA awarded game. U can wait to buy a discounted seasson pass, since it has been on sale already for 1600.
Just a small correction, but the season pass was on sale for 1800 points, not 1600.

I just traded in my copy of Borderlands 2 last week so this sale is definitely tempting, but the fact that there seems to be so much DLC outside of the season pass just annoys me too much to re-buy anything short of a GOTY edition. And even then, it will probably be too late for me.

Just a small correction, but the season pass was on sale for 1800 points, not 1600.

I just traded in my copy of Borderlands 2 last week so this sale is definitely tempting, but the fact that there seems to be so much DLC outside of the season pass just annoys me too much to re-buy anything short of a GOTY edition. And even then, it will probably be too late for me.
Negative comments about the Season Pass for Borderlands 2 annoy me. You got a ton of content for that pass (more than most season passes) and they never promised anything more than they delivered (as far as I know). That's like going to Chili's to get the 2 for $20 meal and then complaining that you had to pay extra for dessert.

Already picked up Borderlands 2, really debating if I want to get Mass Effect and AC3. My backlog is already like 8-9 games deep, but I honestly don't think we're going to get another sale like this for awhile.
I wish my backlog was that small!

The Backlog Support Group competition #1 has been updated with a list of eligible games.

With Far Cry Classic announced not too long ago for 560 MSP I'm debating getting that versus Far Cry Instincts Predator. I thought I played FCIP on 360 but I guess I played the Xbox version since I don't have any achievements for it and they look monstrous and totally not worth it. Looks like I'll hold out for FCC and hope for the best.

I just noticed Gatling Gears for 240 MSP isn't in the OP yet...it was mentioned here before...just wanted to mention it again to make people aware =P

Can someone provide steps in creating a HungarianXBL account? It took me over an hour to create a Chinese one when ACIII was free only to have the download hang at 70/80% and stop.

Also how did people find out Hungary had the sales cheaper? Anyone know if other XBL markets have it the same or cheaper?
Make an Hungary email:

https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=64855&mkt=hu-hu&lic=1

Then, an Hungary Xbox live account:

https://live.xbox.com/hu-HU

Buy points (1200 from Amazon works)

Use some fake info, zip code, phone number and those things.

Buy games from your console.

???

Can you talk about the controls more? You bring up a radial menu by pressing Bumper to build stuff, or how does it work? How do you assign units to a group? On PC, it would be Ctrl+Number, and you press that number to command them, so what's the hotkey on consoles to quickly grab an assigned squad?

If you play co-op without a mic, is there preassigned commands you can use to message your partner?
Sure. I played the game a few years ago, so bear with me. The controls are quite similar to Halo Wars. Its a simplified version since its on consoles (I haven't played the PC version of RA3, but I play Starcraft, so I know how complex a PC RTS can get).

It brings up a radial menu when you press the trigger (or whatever the button was) to build buildings, etc. Its simple to select the units/upgrades and to see/upgrade a base that way. Units are selected by groups, or you can select them individually. There is also a select-all-units-on-screen command or a select ALL units command as well. If you leave A button pressed, a big circle for select units faster appears, exactloy like Halo Wars.

I think you can assign units to a group made by you, but I never did it, or don't recall doing it. I think you can, but I cannot remember that details. There are checkpoints so you can assign units to move to them, etc, but probably not as ultra complex as on PC. The d-pad is used to select different groups of units if I recall (again, forgive my memory, its been a while). But no, there isn't the Ctrl+number type of grouping. I didn't feel the game needed it as much since its not aas complex.

I never played the mp, so I can't speak to that. I don't remember any commands that you can issue to a coop partner if you don't have a mic. It was pretty standards / simple way of coop, just add another player and let them go on the same single player mission. I can try it again later today and let you know if you want to. Gives me an excuse to go back and play it. Sorry I cant give any more details.

Borderlands 2 for $10! Made sure to grab that. Now I'm glad I got the Torgue DLC for free a few months ago. I'll wait for a GOTY Edition to come out so I can install all the DLC to my Hard Drive and not have to pay for it.

Yes it is. I picked it up when it was $25 at GameStop and have been enjoying it ever since.
I stopped play wrestling games a couple of years ago and decided to return with WWE 13 and I think it is an amazing game, and is worth the money. It has me looking forward to what they will do for 2K14.

Borderlands 2 is such an amazing game! I have it for ps3. 10 bucks is such a tempting deal. I'm not even sure if I'd play it but its such a great deal!!!

Negative comments about the Season Pass for Borderlands 2 annoy me. You got a ton of content for that pass (more than most season passes) and they never promised anything more than they delivered (as far as I know). That's like going to Chili's to get the 2 for $20 meal and then complaining that you had to pay extra for dessert.
$30 season pass + $20 for two characters at retail prices, for now, and still missing (minor) content for a $60 at release game seems like a valid concern. We're talking a price at which I would be $10 short of buying another game at full retail. At that point, I don't see the value in investing in the DLC for BL2.

which is better to get ac3 or far cry 3?
Far Cry 3. Depending on how sales for the next one go, AC3 may be the game that killed that series.

WWE 13 for $15 bucks is a great deal.
I am really thinking of getting this but I have one question:

When buying the game from the digital store does it also include the online pass, or will I have to spend another 800 points to get that as well? Any clarification on this is greatly appreciated.

I am really thinking of getting this but I have one question:

When buying the game from the digital store does it also include the online pass, or will I have to spend another 800 points to get that as well? Any clarification on this is greatly appreciated.
Online passes are almost always included with digital versions. I can't think of any exceptions to that case. You're good to go with WWE 13 though.

Far Cry 3, hands down.

$30 season pass + $20 for two characters at retail prices, for now, and still missing (minor) content for a $60 at release game seems like a valid concern. We're talking a price at which I would be $10 short of buying another game at full retail. At that point, I don't see the value in investing in the DLC for BL2.

Far Cry 3. Depending on how sales for the next one go, AC3 may be the game that killed that series.
Thanks far cry it is but im curious about the reasons why ac3 may kill the series without spoiling the story

Thanks far cry it is but im curious about the reasons why ac3 may kill the series without spoiling the story
It's just that Connor was nowhere near as interesting as they made him out to be. The story was fairly lackluster and just felt like such a letdown after all the hype.

I know myself and several others that have put more time into Borderlands 2 (with or without DLC) than most other games. Obviously, we are talking about an opinion and preference, so each to his own as far as how much value they get out, but I spent much more time with the main game than most other games and then doubled that with the DLC. So my opinion is that the DLC is worth as much as many full retail games. That being said, if you don't love a particular game, then buying any DLC for that game rarely makes sense.

My argument is that it is unfair for people to complain about addition content not included in the season pass simply because their concept and definition of "season pass" appears to be like a pre-order GOTY version.

The two characters are cosmetic and have nothing to do with the original game. For the original $30 season pass it is very worth it. Besides your getting everything cheaper right now. I honestly do not see your argument at all.

And I do hope that you get it for the same price I did on Black Friday ($15). Or hell if you can get it cheaper that'll be even better :D
I was going to buy the Limited Edition on Amazon but when I heard it was going to be on sale, I said screw it. I can just buy the VIP pass with the MSP laying around and still get it cheaper.

I know myself and several others that have put more time into Borderlands 2 (with or without DLC) than most other games. Obviously, we are talking about an opinion and preference, so each to his own as far as how much value they get out, but I spent much more time with the main game than most other games and then doubled that with the DLC. So my opinion is that the DLC is worth as much as many full retail games. That being said, if you don't love a particular game, then buying any DLC for that game rarely makes sense.

My argument is that it is unfair for people to complain about addition content not included in the season pass simply because their concept and definition of "season pass" appears to be like a pre-order GOTY version.
Well said. $60 for the game day one was so worth it. No regrets. And that season pass. Best season pass ever. To complain about the prices they are at now is pretty dumb.

Got about 100+ hours of enjoyable gaming out of BL2.

I don't think I'm alone in hating AC3, and as someone who was loving the series (probably favorite new series of this generation along with Uncharted) I definitely went in with high hopes.

But to list some problems I felt AC3 had: glitches, slow and clunky menus, uninspired environments (not a chance 18th century Boston or New York would be as interesting as Rome, Constantinople, Jerusalem, etc. unless you're a US history buff), story felt like a bit of a mess, new lead character was a bore at best or you hated him and his constant whining. If you have been playing every game in the series, the gameplay and combat will feel like more of the same with little to no improvements. These annual releases really seem to hurt them.

On the positive side: the naval battles were fun, bringing something new to the series, and at least the new AC will focus more on them.

But man, I really did hate Connor.

Far Cry 3 was a huge improvement over FC2. Enemies at outposts don't respawn, so you feel like you're making progress. No more weapons getting "rusty" after minutes of use. And the environment still looks great. Only wish the main characters were a bit more interesting or believable (privileged white kids going Rambo?) and that the crafting menu was quicker to use.

ok so this is a little off topic but where do you find the gamestop trade in values or did they remove it?Wanted to trade some stuff in for MS points

The two characters are cosmetic and have nothing to do with the original game. For the original $30 season pass it is very worth it. Besides your getting everything cheaper right now. I honestly do not see your argument at all.
I wouldn't say they're cosmetic. They add two new skill trees and thus 2-3 new play styles each. That's 50% more on top of vanilla. And it was lame to not include them in the season pass. Usually only cosmetic DLC isn't included in them. I'd maybe understand Mechromancer since she was a pre-order bonus of sorts, but the Psycho came out before the final piece of the season pass.

i bought prey and mass effect so far, i want far cry 3 but at 20.00 and my huge backlog, dont want to buy it just yet. I see people wanting forza horizon, i bought it when it was on sale for 15.00 and i played it for a few hrs, not my kind of game. I'm gonna look into trading that 1 in somewhere.
Anyone have any input on Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway? debating on getting that 1.

So what exactly are the differences between Far Cry: Instincts Predator and the upcoming Far Cry Classic?

Snagged BL2 this afternoon; this is actually my first GoD purchase.  With the cheap points I got from the MS store fiasco last month, and the pretty awesome sale prices we've seen so far, I decided to bite.  I got two of those codes from MS, so I've got another $20 to burn.  I'm going to wait and see what prices drop in the next day or two before I decide on a few more purchases, however.  I would LOVE to see Bioshock at $20, but if not I'll probably just grab a few of the $5 or $10 titles.

Sheesh. I paid $80 at release for Borderlands 2 and the Season Pass and I feel like I got a great deal for the sheer amount of content and replayability in that game. $10 for the base game is a ridiculous value. If you don't want to pay more for the additional character classes, then don't! There are four perfectly good characters in the base game.

Far Cry 3 is really fun btw.

I wouldn't say they're cosmetic. They add two new skill trees and thus 2-3 new play styles each. That's 50% more on top of vanilla. And it was lame to not include them in the season pass. Usually only cosmetic DLC isn't included in them. I'd maybe understand Mechromancer since she was a pre-order bonus of sorts, but the Psycho came out before the final piece of the season pass.
Maybe not exactly cosmetic. But they are not needed to enjoy the game. And if those characters were included in the season pass then the season pass should of been $40. Because four DLCs for $30 is already a bargain if you dont know how much typical DLC cost these days. And to throw in the characters as well for $30? Cmon now be reasonable.

And alot of you are abusing the foreign policy to get the game for 400 msp. Like 800 isnt cheap enough. And people still have doubts. :rofl:

Just enjoy the game. Buy it and play it.

With Far Cry Classic announced not too long ago for 560 MSP I'm debating getting that versus Far Cry Instincts Predator. I thought I played FCIP on 360 but I guess I played the Xbox version since I don't have any achievements for it and they look monstrous and totally not worth it. Looks like I'll hold out for FCC and hope for the best.

So what exactly are the differences between Far Cry: Instincts Predator and the upcoming Far Cry Classic?
FC Instincts Predator is poor remake of the first game. The island is few times smaller and the game is linear. AI of the enemies is also toned down. All of this, because of the first xbox hardware limitations. I see absolutely no reason why one would buy it, when the original game is coming at reasonable price.

Any input on the ME3 Omega DLC? Worth it?
For the sale price yes especially if you want the achievements and to complete Aria's story. Many of us in the 360 forum have been waiting for this to go on sale as it's the worst of the 4 ME 3 DLC expansions but it's not bad just not worth $15.

One thing I hate about DLC is that it's mostly come down to overpriced multiplayer maps, weapon skins, and 2 hour long mini games with a story that somewhat connects to the main game. Then when a game like Bordelrands 2 comes along with great DLC that has hours of playtime, a tons of new equipment, characters and story, and people freak out about it saying it's not worth it, when it's the same price as the cheap DLC that is offered for most other games. I don't get it.

One thing that would be really helpful to people in this thread would be a listing of which games have or are likely to have disc-based DLC you could buy and install later.

I keep wondering "Could I buy (Dragon Age: Origins/Borderlands 2/etc.) here and then buy the (Ultimate Edition/eventual GOTY edition/etc.) from GameStop and install the DLC?" and install them, and a) I don't know and b) have no way of knowing. So expertise would be helpful!

One thing I hate about DLC is that it's mostly come down to overpriced multiplayer maps, weapon skins, and 2 hour long mini games with a story that somewhat connects to the main game. Then when a game like Bordelrands 2 comes along with great DLC that has hours of playtime, a tons of new equipment, characters and story, and people freak out about it saying it's not worth it, when it's the same price as the cheap DLC that is offered for most other games. I don't get it.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back