XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that would be really helpful to people in this thread would be a listing of which games have or are likely to have disc-based DLC you could buy and install later.

I keep wondering "Could I buy (Dragon Age: Origins/Borderlands 2/etc.) here and then buy the (Ultimate Edition/eventual GOTY edition/etc.) from GameStop and install the DLC?" and install them, and a) I don't know and b) have no way of knowing. So expertise would be helpful!
Yes this would work but good luck finding the DA: O UE at a Gamestop, it's pretty hard to find now, even used. Not super hard but you'll have to be willing to drive for it.

One thing that would be really helpful to people in this thread would be a listing of which games have or are likely to have disc-based DLC you could buy and install later.

I keep wondering "Could I buy (Dragon Age: Origins/Borderlands 2/etc.) here and then buy the (Ultimate Edition/eventual GOTY edition/etc.) from GameStop and install the DLC?" and install them, and a) I don't know and b) have no way of knowing. So expertise would be helpful!
That's why this thread exists...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/index.php?showtopic=290765

Any reason why the Krieg DLC for BL 2 is still showing at 800 points instead of 400?
Been wondering the same thing. I think it might be because they still have last weeks sales up as the deal of the week on both Xbox.com and the Xbox dashboard. Hopefully when they get that fixed, the rest of the BL2 DLC will drop to the correct price.

I just wanted to chime in to anyone wondering about Far Cry 3. It is hands down my pick for game of the year. Amazing graphics, engaging and unique story and as good of gameplay you'll find on any modern shooter. At $20 it's a steal, and at half that or more (for those who have cheap ms points/or choose a cheaper marketplace/or BOTH), it's an absolute no brainer.

Negative comments about the Season Pass for Borderlands 2 annoy me. You got a ton of content for that pass (more than most season passes) and they never promised anything more than they delivered (as far as I know). That's like going to Chili's to get the 2 for $20 meal and then complaining that you had to pay extra for dessert.
They delivered more than the promised 4 story DLCs when they added the level cap raise to the pass. Whether they could have made that free for everyone like the 3rd playthrough or not, I don't know. IIRC, they tried to spin it as the console manufacturers (probably Microsoft) required making at least one of those updates non-free, though I imagine they could've made both free on PC if they wanted.

Doesn't matter, I've put a couple hundred hours into the game, and still have to play through the last 3 story DLCs. Had put them off waiting for the level cap raise and didn't want to breeze through them on PT1 with a L50 character just for the achievements, but then other games got in the way. Will get the digital version for the convenience and get Krieg when his sale price shows up on the marketplace.

My only complaint about the BL2 Season Pass was it had a sale before all the content was released. Didn't like it when it happened with Gears 3, either. Expected them to pull the same thing with Gears Judgment, which is why I held off despite the 1600 MSP from getting it at the MS store, but the pass didn't drop in price until the day the final DLC became (publicly) available.

It's just that Connor was nowhere near as interesting as they made him out to be. The story was fairly lackluster and just felt like such a letdown after all the hype.

I don't think I'm alone in hating AC3, and as someone who was loving the series (probably favorite new series of this generation along with Uncharted) I definitely went in with high hopes.

But to list some problems I felt AC3 had: glitches, slow and clunky menus, uninspired environments (not a chance 18th century Boston or New York would be as interesting as Rome, Constantinople, Jerusalem, etc. unless you're a US history buff), story felt like a bit of a mess, new lead character was a bore at best or you hated him and his constant whining. If you have been playing every game in the series, the gameplay and combat will feel like more of the same with little to no improvements. These annual releases really seem to hurt them.

On the positive side: the naval battles were fun, bringing something new to the series, and at least the new AC will focus more on them.

But man, I really did hate Connor.

Far Cry 3 was a huge improvement over FC2. Enemies at outposts don't respawn, so you feel like you're making progress. No more weapons getting "rusty" after minutes of use. And the environment still looks great. Only wish the main characters were a bit more interesting or believable (privileged white kids going Rambo?) and that the crafting menu was quicker to use.
Thanks for the reviews, I'm totally convinced that both ac3 and 18th century America sucked. As for Far Cry, the privileged white kid main characters sound lame in this game and the furthest from the average gamer's demographic. The characters should be broader and random like Dead Island except better.

All this talk about far cry 3 being good is tempting to buy. I have a 1600 points card that i ended up buying from the 20.00 bonus amazon credit for trading in 20.00 worth of games, got the card before the promotion expired since i couldn't think of anything else to buy.
Been looking at that points card as a backup for when a deal comes along, i got 1300 points on my account, far cry 3 is soo tempting.

I don't think I've been content with a season pass yet.

Gears 3 was by far the worst investment for a season pass I made.

Borderlands 2 was decent, but nothing to write home about imho.

I enjoy the COD Black Ops 2 and MW3 maps content, but the price is way too high.

I don't think I've been content with a season pass yet.

Gears 3 was by far the worst investment for a season pass I made.

Borderlands 2 was decent, but nothing to write home about imho.

I enjoy the COD Black Ops 2 and MW3 maps content, but the price is way too high.
You must have really high standards.

Quick question. I gameshare with my Dad and normally we complete the download on his xbox 360 before downloading on mine but he has a download limit for his internet. As long as I start the download on his 360 will it "attach" the license or does it have to be completed?

The perfect season pass for CAGs:

$15
25 MP maps
5 playable characters
100+ skins for everything
AT LEAST 3 15+ hour long campaign expansions with 10 new locations, 100 new missions, 50 new characters/enemy types and 20 new items

And free ice cream for life, any kind

$15
25 MP maps
5 playable characters
AT LEAST 3 15+ hour long campaign expansions with 10 new locations, 100 new missions, 50 new characters/enemy types and 20 new items

And free ice cream for life
I only like Blue Bell ice cream. Be specific.

Well, so far I've picked up BL2, Max Payne, and PDZ for nostalgias sake.  Thanks for all the feedback in this thread!  Here's my two cents on the games I've played or currently own:

Far Cry 3:  Easily the best game of last year and my personal favorite FPS ever.  The gameplay is soooo good, there is a ton of stuff to do in the game, and the graphics/animations are fantastic.  I love that there is a Mirrors Edge type feel to the movement.  I'm not saying there's a lot of parkour in the game or anything, but it's definitely the best main character animations I've ever seen in an FPS,  Cannot praise this game enough.

AC3:  I'm not purchasing, as I borrowed it from my nephew so I will play it that way.  However, I had played the game for several hours a few months back and I was very disappointed.  The naval battles were cool, but the game just seemed dull and uninteresting, and the main character just didn't do it for me. The game just seemed to have a lot less polish than previous AC titles.  There was one mission where I had to climb a mountain to get to a meeting, and then assassinate somebody.  I literally just ran the entire time, pressing the attack button, and completed the mission.  Just so lame to me.

Brothers in Arms:  I personally really like the gameplay ideas in the BIA games, and the best version of those gameplay mechanics are in the Hells Highway game.  The cutscenes are unskippable, but the satisfying campaign make it worth it.

Mass Effect:  A classic.  ME2 is a big improvement on the game, but if you haven't played the ME series before it's an easy purchase.

Bulletstorm:  I had a lot of fun with this game.  Great, fluid gameplay and the scoring becomes addicting.  It really makes you think about how you are taking out the enemies rather than just getting headshot after headshot.  Plus, the campaign has several great set pieces in it as well as a decent story, so I'd highly recommend this as a purchase.

I was wondering if I could get some more feedback from you guys as well.  I'm thinking about the WWE game, but I haven't played a wrestling game in a LOOOONGGG time.  I tried some of the ones from a couple years ago, but they didn't do anything for me.  I loved No Mercy and Road to WrestleMania back in the day though.  Still, I don't watch and am not interested in wrestling anymore, so the only feature that would interest me is the attitude area.  Any thoughts on whether this would be a good purchase for me?

$15
25 MP maps
5 playable characters

And free ice cream for life
Still waiting for 50% off ;)

Just added 3 Golden Keys to my new Borderlands 2 =P

Those Shift Codes do still work right now, you have to use them in-game under extras:

5TK3B-CTT9F-TJS3X-WRJ3J-3RJZC

WT53B-55FSC-TT9BR-WR3TT-HH3CB

C3KJJ-5RSJ9-WCSJ6-WRJ3B-R56WX

It would be nice if the mods let a thread for foreign XBL deals stick around so this thread wouldn't be filled with posts about it.

QFT!!! Get these foreign discussion outta here. Thread clogger.

Crysis, BL2 AND Mass effect are steals people, snatching em up!!! Picking up Divinity because its so damn cheap and I'm a sucker for D&D stuff.

I was wondering if I could get some more feedback from you guys as well. I'm thinking about the WWE game, but I haven't played a wrestling game in a LOOOONGGG time. I tried some of the ones from a couple years ago, but they didn't do anything for me. I loved No Mercy and Road to WrestleMania back in the day though. Still, I don't watch and am not interested in wrestling anymore, so the only feature that would interest me is the attitude area. Any thoughts on whether this would be a good purchase for me?
As I said before in a recent thread, WWE 13 was the game that brought me back to playing wrestling games, the attitude although is as detailed is really fun and nostalgic for old wrestling fans and informative for new ones. The gameplay is easy to learn imo and feels the same as the early SvR games. I can do nothing but praise WWE 13 for the sheer fun, even if the online servers is a turd with lag and connection issues. Universe mode is fun as well, everyone should try out even though I would of prefered GM mode from SvR 2006, and 2007.

Just added 3 Golden Keys to my new Borderlands 2 =P
Those Shift Codes do still work right now, you have to use them in-game under extras:

5TK3B-CTT9F-TJS3X-WRJ3J-3RJZC
WT53B-55FSC-TT9BR-WR3TT-HH3CB
C3KJJ-5RSJ9-WCSJ6-WRJ3B-R56WX
Here's the link to the SHIFT code thread, you have to go to the last page for the most recent ones, most of the codes in the OP have expired.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/294676-free-shift-codes-for-borderlands-2-good-for-limited-time-dec-17-get-five-keys/

And here's an archive of still active codes, it goes back to when they first started giving them out. Just scroll to the spreadsheet at the bottom

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

Thank you! (Though I'll note that thread hasn't been updated in months, and doesn't have answers to my two specific questions...)
He does actually answer the Dragon Age question in that first post with the vanilla being compatible. Borderlands 2 on the other hand is too early to tell.

Thank you! (Though I'll note that thread hasn't been updated in months, and doesn't have answers to my two specific questions...)
For your twos pacific questions, if you can get your hands on a copy of the DA:O ultimate edition, you could just install the DLC from the second disc and play it with the digital copy.

As for Borderlands 2, I suggest getting the DLC now while it's on sale, because it'll either be a while before they make a GOTY edition (they're thinking about doing another season of DLC) or when it comes out it will be more expensive than just buying the on sale DLC, the game and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, plus the GOTY may not include the DLC that wasn't part of the season pass.

From the OP:

"Full list of games still to come (prices not confirmed):"

How did you miss out on Dirt 2? It was clearly advertised as a full week sale from the beginning and was in the OP of this thread as well.
I just missed it and during that time I was pretty damn sick, so I wasn't around much. Shoot, I hope they offer it again, but with the recent release of GRID 2 I don't think Codemasters will distract away from that game. I could be wrong though.

About Borderlands 2, anyone know which of the DLC's is the best? I liked the look of the pirate DLC but I am hearing that some of them include entirely new characters? I can't get all of them. Unfortunately, I don't have a ton of space of my Xbox 360.

Any opinions? Also, if you'd like to play BL2 with me sometime, I'm GameVerb on Xbox Live.

Here's the link to the SHIFT code thread, you have to go to the last page for the most recent ones, most of the codes in the OP have expired.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/294676-free-shift-codes-for-borderlands-2-good-for-limited-time-dec-17-get-five-keys/

And here's an archive of still active codes, it goes back to when they first started giving them out. Just scroll to the spreadsheet at the bottom

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key
Woo thanks! thats nice =D just found those 3 but didn't know some of them are still active =)

I just missed it and during that time I was pretty damn sick, so I wasn't around much. Shoot, I hope they offer it again, but with the recent release of GRID 2 I don't think Codemasters will distract away from that game. I could be wrong though.

About Borderlands 2, anyone know which of the DLC's is the best? I liked the look of the pirate DLC but I am hearing that some of them include entirely new characters? I can't get all of them. Unfortunately, I don't have a ton of space of my Xbox 360.

Any opinions? Also, if you'd like to play BL2 with me sometime, I'm GameVerb on Xbox Live.
The best is Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, which isn't on sale because it just released last week. As for the three that are on sale, Captain Scarlet is the first pack (not sure if it matters what order you play them in) but I've heard Torgue's Campaign of Carnage is the best of the three. And the Mechromancer Pack and the Psycho Pack are each a playable character with entirely new skill trees and play styles. The Psycho pack is the most different because he focuses on damaging yourself to activate skills and he has some focus on melee.

The creature slaughter dome is just an arena to fight monsters in to get some loot and experience, and the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack is the level cap increase and third play through option.

let it be tomb raider pop-up on sale today. i really want to play it. btw is TR even long?
The story isn't too long, but the game makes you want to explore and find everything so that adds a lot of time to your play through. And you can revisit everything later on so it depends on how much you like exploring.

let it be tomb raider pop-up on sale today. i really want to play it. btw is TR even long?
Tomb Raider is amazing! I think the length is slightly longer than average, about 10-12 hours, but I cannot say enough positive about that game. I did a second playthrough as soon as I finished.

Took me 19 hours to get all but 2 multiplayer achievements which are just to much of a grind for me, a chunk of that was nothing but collectibles and boosting mulitplayer achievements though. Really great game and easily the best Tomb Raider but I personally don't see any replay value in it unlike someone else who posted.

He does actually answer the Dragon Age question in that first post with the vanilla being compatible. Borderlands 2 on the other hand is too early to tell.
Yeah, that's on me. Read better, self! (Thanks.)

For your twos pacific questions, if you can get your hands on a copy of the DA:O ultimate edition, you could just install the DLC from the second disc and play it with the digital copy.

As for Borderlands 2, I suggest getting the DLC now while it's on sale, because it'll either be a while before they make a GOTY edition (they're thinking about doing another season of DLC) or when it comes out it will be more expensive than just buying the on sale DLC, the game and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, plus the GOTY may not include the DLC that wasn't part of the season pass.
That's what I'm thinking about doing with Borderlands 2, except I don't care quite enough to go through the single-player alone and my Internet connection is just unreliable enough to make online co-op a pain.

Damn, it must really be that good. Makes me more anxious to play it.
I loved it and im not much of a fan of Tomb Raider. It has a lot of collectibles but it isnt stupid like most other games with collectibles...it actually keeps track of everything and offers ways to show you where they are on the map. It also lets you fast travel to all the different areas and no collectibles are missable.

Yeah, that's on me. Read better, self! (Thanks.)

That's what I'm thinking about doing with Borderlands 2, except I don't care quite enough to go through the single-player alone and my Internet connection is just unreliable enough to make online co-op a pain.
It's not bad solo, that's how I've had to play it for the most part and I still find it extremely fun.

The best is Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, which isn't on sale because it just released last week. As for the three that are on sale, Captain Scarlet is the first pack (not sure if it matters what order you play them in) but I've heard Torgue's Campaign of Carnage is the best of the three. And the Mechromancer Pack and the Psycho Pack are each a playable character with entirely new skill trees and play styles. The Psycho pack is the most different because he focuses on damaging yourself to activate skills and he has some focus on melee.

The creature slaughter dome is just an arena to fight monsters in to get some loot and experience, and the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack is the level cap increase and third play through option.
Alright, great. Thanks for the info. I played this game obsessively with a good group of guys but unfortunately they ended up in military training. Had a blast with the Zero character and with all of the variety of games I play, I still have yet to finish BL2 (I know, insane). So I'd like to jump back into it.

I'm just crossing my fingers we'll see very similar titles like the last sale. Totally regret some of the purchases I missed out on.

Crysis for $5 seems like a steal. Anyone else agree? Thing is this all adds up, especially considering the games around the corner and the fact I'd like to reserve my remaining points for upcoming DLC's for GTA5, Battlefield 4, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back