XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I've bit on

- Borderlands 2
- Monopoly Streets

I still might get Lego Batman 2, because I love the Lego Star Wars games and the first one for the most part, too.

I was going to go with Hasbro Game Night, but I read that the online support for that had been removed. Not that I would've played that online very much, but it was still a nice option. Is that actually the case?
I didn't see Family Game Night 3 specifically mentioned on this list: http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates I know they shut down the original (waaay more popular) Family Night games last April. But then, this is EA we're talking about...

I want to buy one of the Lego games to mess around with. Of all them I've only played one of the original star wars ones several years back. So for someone who's not already bored with the mechanics, what do you guys recommend, Batman 2 or LOTR? I'm pretty indifferent between the licenses, just want to know which game is more fun / higher quality.
I would go with Lego Lord of the Rings. It is extremely fun, and it has a lot of replay value. If you are a fan of the movies like I am, you will love this game.

Sorry if this has been asked already but when do yesterday's sales go dead? I'm at work right now and I can either buy them online or wait till I get home (around 5pm EST) to buy it via dashboard.

Sorry if this has been asked already but when do yesterday's sales go dead? I'm at work right now and I can either buy them online or wait till I get home (around 5pm EST) to buy it via dashboard.
I dunno cagbro but id buy whatever you want now just in case.

[quote name="Dragunz" post="10876057" timestamp="1372857436"]Sorry if this has been asked already but when do yesterday's sales go dead? I'm at work right now and I can either buy them online or wait till I get home (around 5pm EST) to buy it via dashboard.[/quote

Buy now. They typically go back up sometime mid-morning the following day.

I really wanted to get Assassin's Creed 3, but with all the criticism and the fact that Assassin's Creed 2 is coming to us for free, 800 msp would have been the price to draw me in. I was so looking forward to cracking some lobster-back shells with a hatchet though...

I'm really enjoying all of the action in Sleeping Dogs right now. Is the melee combat in Assassin's Creed games similar? Is there a lot time spent in Ass Creed games doing non-action-y stuff?

By the way, 240 msp is a great price for Gatling Gears. It's a fun twin stick shooter, and playing local co-op can be a blast.

Picked up Borderlands 2 last night and sooooo glad I did. For some reason I has a tough time getting into the original, but B2 is a blast. Aside from Portal, I don't think I've ever laughed much playing video game.

Story and everything is much improved from the original IMO.

Undecided on Monopoly Streets. Hard to justify blowing 800 MSP for it... but I'm craving to play it!! UGH.
In the same boat. I played a full game trial on PSN and it was pretty cool, but it has just refused to drop in price. I've never seen a disc copy go cheaper than $20.. well, I've got the rest of the day to figure it out.

Ugh. The OP needs to be a wiki again. I was going to add GS values for DLCs on sale. 

Also, before any of you jump on Family Game Night 3, be aware there is a bundle (on one disc) that has Family Game Night 2 (formerly Wii-exclusive, not found separately as a GoD or its own disc) and 3. http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Family-Game-Night-Xbox-360/dp/B00559XGXO

Family Game Night 2 (again, not available any other way aside from some of it being DLC for the first game) comes with Operation and Bop-It (not available as DLC) and Connect 4, Jenga & Pictureka.

Also, for those that care, it FGN3 and FGN2/3 each have their own achievement lists worth 1000GS each.

As for me, this sale is killing my wallet. I had just enough points to finally get Psychonauts (which I didn't know got re-added to the Marketplace until recently) and I had to spend them on BL2 and bought more for the DLC. I'm probably gonna pick up Family Game Night 3 since I have 5 younger siblings who come by and Monopoly Streets for myself. Also looking forward to getting Tomb Raider for the gf, and MGR: Revengeance (if it's >$20) since the DLC is on sale next week (even though it's missing some of the PS3 stuff : ( ) as well as some of the Dishonored DLC. Will probably pick up Prey, D2: DKSaga, FC: Instincts Predator (never played a FC game and figured it's the best way to start since 3 will be sub-$20 on disc by the time I'm done and yes, I know Classic is on its way), and maybe C&C. I think I have all the other GoDs I want, though I'll pick up L4D2 or Orange Box again for the hell of it if they're $5.

Since I don't have any of the MEs, I figure I can wait 'till a proper ME3 DLC sale to pick up Omega (since it's the worst of the bunch anyways based on all the reading I've done on the subject).

Hoping for good prices on Judgment (I have to say they planned that Season Pass sale pretty well), Crysis 3 & X-com, but not expecting much.

Kicking myself for being too late to pick up cheap MS points. Anyone think retail or Amazon/Newegg/MS Store will start giving mass discounts to clear out the codes?

So far I've picked up Borderlands 2, waiting on Orange box since I've wanted to show my wife the absolute genius of Portal, will probably get Crysis and Prey also...phew, there go my cheap points!  Hope Ducktales arrives at only 1200 or so.

...and the family games day kills the thread. As we wait for the good stuff to come back, I'm debating Revengeance but the reviews make me think it'd have to be $10. It sounds super short in every review I read. Anybody play it? I haven't heard much enthusiasm in here about it being in the sale.

Picked up so far:

Monopoly Streets

Borderlands 2

Prey

Dragon Age Origins

Perfect Dark Zero

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga

+ Gatling Gears (XBLA)

Debating on:

LEGO Lord of the Rings (assuming the disc version will be the same price or cheaper with time)

Wanting (if the price is right):

X-Com: Enemy Unknown

Witcher 2

The Orange Box

Crysis 3 (loved the multiplayer demo)

any way i can purchase a game and not download it right away .   i dont have my hard drive with me so i have no room for any game but i dont want to miss these deals.

any way i can purchase a game and not download it right away . i dont have my hard drive with me so i have no room for any game but i dont want to miss these deals.
You can purchase them via the website (once logged into your Live account). They'll be available for download any time after you've paid for them.

any way i can purchase a game and not download it right away . i dont have my hard drive with me so i have no room for any game but i dont want to miss these deals.
You only need to complete the checkout process, not download it, to own the game. You can even just go on xbox.com and buy it there without touching the console. You can then download and delete the game as many times as you want in the future.

I really wanted to get Assassin's Creed 3, but with all the criticism and the fact that Assassin's Creed 2 is coming to us for free, 800 msp would have been the price to draw me in. I was so looking forward to cracking some lobster-back shells with a hatchet though...

I'm really enjoying all of the action in Sleeping Dogs right now. Is the melee combat in Assassin's Creed games similar? Is there a lot time spent in Ass Creed games doing non-action-y stuff?

By the way, 240 msp is a great price for Gatling Gears. It's a fun twin stick shooter, and playing local co-op can be a blast.
I've only played AC2, but as far as combat goes it really isn't that similar to Sleeping Dogs. Yes it does have the attack/wait for enemy to turn red to counter mechanic, but it's a lot slower paced and isn't focused on as much. The best parts I always felt were when you were sneaking across rooftops to try and assassinate someone, and really didn't like the head to head combat (not sure what else to call it). I'd say you are almost always doing something action-y, but a lot of that is parkour running across rooftops and occasionally you have to take it slow and follow people. I enjoyed 2 quite a bit, but I expect by the time I get through Brotherhood/Revelations/3 I would be more than sick of the franchise. If you like Dan Brown-est conspiracy stories you will probably have a blast with the games.

Just my thoughts on it, I'd wait to try 2 (what most consider the pinnacle of the series) before you drop coin on one of the sequels :)

I haven't seen very many people say this, but I will pretty much re-confirm everything that has been said by anyone who has played it.

The Orange Box is worth full video game price.

If it costs $5, there is no debate.

If it costs $10, there is no debate.

Hopefully not a repost, but Borderlands 2 is still $10, good for procrastinators such as myself!

There is no ultimate sale ad anywhere on my Xbox ... Refreshed for 2 hrs
all the deals lately have been buried deep in the dashboard lately. Took me forever just to find out where the DotW had gone off to, but I haven't seen anything promoting the UGS anywhere either. Seems like a poor move on Microsoft's part :cry:

I haven't seen very many people say this, but I will pretty much re-confirm everything that has been said by anyone who has played it.

I can't agree but that's because I already own the standalone Portal and dislike online multiplayer. So that leaves Half Life 2 as the only thing in the package for me, and since I have no nostalgia for the game it simply has never held up for me. Wouldn't pay $5 for it considering the other games available at that price.

My dashboard has it on the main page and on the main games page.
Mine, too. Front and center, in the largest space available. Used an image from BL2 yesterday which made it even easier to buy BL2. Too bad the website is acting up today, but at least it's early in the day. They've had a surprising number of issues of late.

The main XBox site is throwing errors for me. I can log in (slowly) and then it lags horribly and then goes to the XBox error page w/ the shrugging avatar. I got all the way to the Crysis page one time then it bombed.

I'll try again tonight.

So far I've gotten Borderlands 2 (sold my physical copy on ebay for 20$ buy it now and it sold in 10 minutes :), farcry instincts, and red alert 3. Normally when I buy physical, I pop it in the console so it shows up in my gamerscore list. It's nice, when there is a great deal on something, to be able to search for it to find out if I already own it. Well I must have forgotten to do that with Red Alert 3. I was looking for my borderlands 2 disc in my binder, and came across the disc for red alert 3 lol. It's on ebay now too :)

I own the orange box, but if it drops to 5$, that's going on ebay too.

Didn't buy Gears Judgement physical, but if its 10$, I'll be getting that. 10$ has been my sweet spot for games, since my backlog is mountainous.

Here's hoping the bottom doesn't drop out on these great deals, keep up the momentum Microsoft.

I'm wondering if I buy a game on xbox.com, remove it from my queue on the website, will it cancel the "game sharing" we've all been doing? I.E. download to the first xbox, re-download to second xbox so 2 people can play.

A little off topic, but has anyone tried using a flash drive or external drive with 2x32 GB partitions on it? I wonder if it would still count as 1 drive for the 2 drive limit, if it read both partitions at all.

i still have to beat on my digital back log 

orange box ..from last sale 

dirt 2 ..last sale 

shadow complex ..had it for years never touched it 

outland ..years never touched it 

Wanting Monopoly Streets and LEGO Lord of the Rings... but the disc version of the games can be had for either the same or a little more (used).

But then again.... I'm up to my eyeballs in MSP.

Decisions, decisions...
Where are you seeing Monopoly Streets that cheap? GS price is $35 used and unlike LFD & other high cost older used games I'm sure Streets is OoP.

Anybody else going to Xbox.com, clicking Log In in the top right and get errors back from MS? I'm getting "error 401" or an error w/ an avatar.

I'm getting this error both on my computer and on my phone. It's not a network issue w/ me. Something's up on their end.

Where are you seeing Monopoly Streets that cheap? GS price is $35 used and unlike LFD & other high cost older used games I'm sure Streets is OoP.
Saw it at Target for $12 on clearance, have seen it pop up several times on eBay from $11-15. That was the only thing holding me back given I could always sell it if I didn't enjoy it.

It's definitely not easy to find it for around $10, but if you look hard enough (and you're patient) you can find a decent deal on it. They may be OOP, but there's enough floating around out there that can be had a reasonable price given the demand isn't THAT high. I mean.. it is a virtual board game. :p

I might be on the 1% here but I personally found Half Life to be boring. I have tried to beat the game at least five times and always get bored half way through the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back