XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
When have they done a sale like this?

I would need to check the XBLD but it has happened quite often. Hell I got Bioshock for $5 last time and Orange Box and L4D2 for $10. That was a few months ago. Halloween I got Metro for $5.

Correct, they also doubled the accessible storage of USB devices to 32 gb from the previous 16 gb limit sometime last year.
Thanks for the confirmation. I already have one full 32gb stick. I will be pciking up another. It sucks though that I have more than 32gb of games that need to be downloaded. I guess that means I will have to delete some stuff aferall.

I would need to check the XBLD but it has happened quite often. Hell I got Bioshock for $5 last time and Orange Box and L4D2 for $10. That was a few months ago. Halloween I got Metro for $5.
While I don't think it's time to crown Xbox as the king of digital sales or even say they're on par with Steam, I do agree that the 3 or 4 Ultimate Game Sales they've had have been very very good.

Couple of things: Gears is supposedly showing as $30 according to someone on SD. I tried checking the web page for the game, but it wasn't loading properly.

And MS is well aware of the pricing issues people are having and are working to fix it.

Looks like MP3 is dead, as well as most of the deals from yesterday's family sale.  Would it kill them to just readjust all the prices at the same time?

Also, yes, Judgment is showing $30.  Not much of a drop there.

Infinite is $40. Dreams crushed.
dang. oh well, cant win em all. despite lackluster last day, was a great sale.

tomb raider def. worth $20 though. I blazed through it without doing any side quests or tomb exploration, but it is a really well made game (though i felt it borrowed HEAVILY from uncharted series).

Surely judgment would be less though right? I'd like to think so anyways. Bioshock isn't a surprise. Tomb raider is still 30 for me

Back to deciding whether or not to buy Forza.
i was ready to get it based on all the praise here, but tried the demo and it turned me off. do the same and youll probably know if its for you.

X-COM for $20 = great deal, fun game. a bit difficult if youre new to it.

If these are indeed the final sale prices and not some error, then I feel bad about not getting Far Cry 3 when it was on sale.  I'll probably still pick up Tomb Raider, but I was really hoping Bioshock Infinite would've been at least $10 cheaper than this sale price.

Ahhh yes. So they did pretty much blow their load early with the sale. It's ok microsoft, we've all had that problem a few times, bro.

what a disappointing end.  I've been saving my last $15 in point in anticipation for tomb raider or metal gear.  Now I wish I would have picked up Max Paine or AC3 when I had the chance.  They saved the worst deals for last because they knew people would lose confidence in the sale if they ran those up front.  Pretty sneaky, MS. 

If these are indeed the final sale prices and not some error, then I feel bad about not getting Far Cry 3 when it was on sale. I'll probably still pick up Tomb Raider, but I was really hoping Bioshock Infinite would've been at least $10 cheaper than this sale price.
Yeah, 30 bucks would have been good for Bio.

I wish I had gotten Far Cry 3 also. And Borderlands 2.

Oh well, there's always the next sale. I really want to get Bio 1 and 2 on sale. 5 bucks each.

I don't know if these are the right prices as of yet. Maybe so. We can only wait and see. They have never put them up this early...

i was ready to get it based on all the praise here, but tried the demo and it turned me off. do the same and youll probably know if its for you.

X-COM for $20 = great deal, fun game. a bit difficult if youre new to it.
you sound like your like me when it comes to that game, except i bought it for 15 on sale before i had ever tried it, glad i got 19.50 in trade credit from gamestop yesterday and used it to buy a 1600 points card. I bought bulletstorm, wwe 13, crysis, and max payne 3 and still had a few points left, not bad turning 1 game into 4.

Yea I would've bet money that Tomb Raider was gonna be $15 and Metal Gear $20-25. I can't bite on Tomb Raider for that. the used copy will come down soon enough. It's ok though been wanting to pick up Terraria anyways.

This does show the one bad side of this style of sale though. Those who are patient lose out. I too would buy Max Payne 3 right now if it was still up knowing the Tomb Raider price sucks.

I guess now I need to decide if I want Bulletstorm. Was ready to pick it up, but after reading some more thoughts in this thread maybe I should just wait for another $3 retail copy :whistle2:k

Yea I would've bet money that Tomb Raider was gonna be $15 and Metal Gear $20-25. I can't bite on Tomb Raider for that. the used copy will come down soon enough. It's ok though been wanting to pick up Terraria anyways.

This does show the one bad side of this style of sale though. Those who are patient lose out. I too would buy Max Payne 3 right now if it was still up knowing the Tomb Raider price sucks.
Wow, sounds like MS missed out on quite a few sales by scheduling their most disappointed day for last...

I guess now I need to decide if I want Bulletstorm. Was ready to pick it up, but after reading some more thoughts in this thread maybe I should just wait for another $3 retail copy :whistle2:k
I'd buy it. I'm going to once last day of sales go up so I can see the prices.

Should I get L4D2? It's still listed as 29.99 though.

I'm not getting Bio knowing it's 40 bucks. Sad :(

Should I get Crysis and Mass Effect?

Well my points are now safe. Still I picked up FC3, Divinity II, Borderlands 2, LEGO Batman 2, AC III, and Max Payne 3.  Since I am passing on the final day (I already own Absolution Professional Edition) I might pick up Far Cry Instincts Predator for $5. Is it better than FC2? I could not finish that game with its horrible respawning, AI and travel.

Lol not sure why everyone thought Bioshock would be $20 or under...it just hit GoD last week. $40 is only 13.33 if you got in on those cheap points :)

Im not spending $40 in points on a game that will be 15 by new console time, and by that point I will have a new console and still most of my 40 game backlog.

Damn. Was hoping Metal Gear Rising would be $20. I'l be passing on that then...time to pick up Witcher 2 while it's still $10.
same here, i was actually thinking it was definitely going to be under $20 considering what some of these had dropped to...I have 4 of 5 of my punchcard filled and this was gonna be the 5th so I could get 1600 MSP back. Not sure if I want it at $30 or not but ill definitely pick up something for $20 to get my 1600 pts refund :)

Not a great way to end the sale, but at least it was pretty good overall. 

Not buying anything on the final day. Really wanted XCOM, but $20 is too much. 

Added/updated links for tomorrow's deals. Not sure if Bioshock Infinite is the sale price.. (39.99)

Well for what its worth all around I thought it was a good sale. Just nothing I had not played was in this sale. Only thing I really cared for was Tomb Raider but Ill wait till I can get it physical for $20.

I knew everyone was overdreaming with the price on Bioshock though. Im pretty sure they are still going to see a decent amount of sales even at $40. Not everyone out there is a cheapass. I know a couple of people on my friends list who bought it. Its a great game and worth $40 though.

In the end I got Borderlands 2 digital. Even though I still have my physical copy. Just for convenience. And I got the Omega DLC (which im glad FINALLY went on sale). Thinking about getting Krieg the Psycho for BL2. Decisions.

EDIT: So overall my wallet lived and I still have 5000msp. Next week though PSN is going to murder my wallet.  ;)

Bioshock Infinite is one of the better games of this generation, in my opinion.  It was worth it at $60, and I can't say that about a lot of games (maybe Last of Us?)  That said, if you've waited this long, you might as well wait longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back