XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MiraiLink']Damn I didn't think Castle Crashers was ever going to drop again. Bought it a week ago.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that, but it has dropped a million times before today. One million and one was bound to be around the corner.

Actually, if you ever notice that an XBLA game is published by Microsoft Game Studios, I'd recommend holding out for a sale. They have lots of MGS sales.

[quote name='GunstarRed']I also really like Happy Action Theater, although it's certainly not for everyone. I got the 6-people achievement using three THICK chairs and holding up 2 heavy coats. Thin chairs won't work. Yes, I have no friends.[/QUOTE]

That's hilarious. :applause:

[quote name='LordVila']I played the demo of Fusion: Genesis but I just couldn't get into it, maybe I was missing something.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine that the demo is appealing at all. There's way too much going on in that game for the demo to be able to give you an idea of what it entails. Plus, the game starts off slow as hell.

Bit on Iron Brigade (finally) and its DLC. I'm contemplating whether or not to go for the Magic 2012 DLC and the Horde command pack.

[quote name='GunstarRed']
I also really like Happy Action Theater, although it's certainly not for everyone. I got the 6-people achievement using three THICK chairs and holding up 2 heavy coats. Thin chairs won't work. Yes, I have no friends.[/QUOTE]

I don't own thick chairs so I guess I am screwed.

[quote name='Magsec']Bit on Iron Brigade (finally) and its DLC. I'm contemplating whether or not to go for the Magic 2012 DLC and the Horde command pack.[/QUOTE]

Horde Command Pack is fine if you want those achievements but otherwise it is useless. Yes you get the command center and rockets for the Silverback but other than that you can play the maps anyway with the free map pack. If you like the SP stuff RAAM's Shadow is worth 600 points.

Picked up Iron Brigade and its DLC as well as the Trials DLC. 1000 points well spent. Now to buy Sonic Episode 2 tomorrow.

*Kinda surprised Sega didn't put Sonic Episode 1 up for half off. :(

[quote name='GunstarRed']I also really like Happy Action Theater, although it's certainly not for everyone. I got the 6-people achievement using three THICK chairs and holding up 2 heavy coats. Thin chairs won't work. Yes, I have no friends.[/QUOTE]

I had to share this with my wife. Her response: "That's the saddest thing I've ever heard."

What's worse? She did marry ME.

Damn it. Someone help me out. Is Resident Evil 5 for PC a good deal for $10 or do I go for Res Evil 5 Gold for the 360 instead? And what price is good for Res E 5 Gold? Thanks for any comments on this.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Picked up Iron Brigade and its DLC as well as the Trials DLC. 1000 points well spent. Now to buy Sonic Episode 2 tomorrow.

*Kinda surprised Sega didn't put Sonic Episode 1 up for half off. :([/QUOTE]They already put it on sale about 3 or 4 times now, & that's not including the fact they dropped the price to $10. Part of me wants to get Episode 2 now since I'd be only spending $5 since the rest of my MSP were from Xbox Rewards & Bing, but the other part of me KNOWS Sega will have it on sale sooner or later since they love doing those.

[quote name='Zonic505']They already put it on sale about 3 or 4 times now, & that's not including the fact they dropped the price to $10. Part of me wants to get Episode 2 now since I'd be only spending $5 since the rest of my MSP were from Xbox Rewards & Bing, but the other part of me KNOWS Sega will have it on sale sooner or later since they love doing those.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, Sonic 4 Ep. 1 will definitely drop again. I very much enjoyed grabbing it for $4 during the holidays.

How is Happy Action Theater? I heard on the Bombcast that it's fun. edit: I went ahead and got it figuring the kids will like it. I bought a bunch of stuff from this sale. Now the only things I'm thinking about but haven't decided on are the Kinect Sports Season 2 add-ons. I have the base game but I'm just not sure about the add-ons? Opinions?

[quote name='zubalove']Damn it. Someone help me out. Is Resident Evil 5 for PC a good deal for $10 or do I go for Res Evil 5 Gold for the 360 instead? And what price is good for Res E 5 Gold? Thanks for any comments on this.[/QUOTE]
$10 is alright. Just get it on the xbox a lot of people still play the MP

The full sale isn't available on xbox.com? I badly want Trenched, err I mean Iron Brigade but I am not connected to broadband to log on my xbox 360. You guys think they will they eventually put up the rest of the sale on xbox.com?

Its too bad not all of the GOW DLC isn't on sale kinda odd but an awesome price for those who don't have it. Horde is also on sale for 400 doesn't really add much besides well obviously horde things...

I don't see it listed here but the gunstringer dlc is also on sale. Reel big shootin' is 50% off 120 points, down from 240) and el diablo's Mexican adventure is 25% off (240 down from 320).

[quote name='GunstarRed']
I also really like Happy Action Theater, although it's certainly not for everyone. I got the 6-people achievement using three THICK chairs and holding up 2 heavy coats. Thin chairs won't work. Yes, I have no friends.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the other day that we should have a thread where people list both their proudest and most shameful achievements.

[quote name='Palinn']I have Gunstringer but haven't gotten around to playing it. Is the game fun enough to add the Real Big Shootin DLC?[/QUOTE]

The game is surprisingly long, and there is already free DLC with the wavy tubeman chronicles. I would say pass on Real Big Shooting since it's a straight-up shooting gallery as well. No story aspect im aware of.

Is Beyond Good and Evil worth the sales price if I own the PS2 version already? I also owned it on Gamecube a few years back and traded it in for some reason (I made it to the point after Paige is kidnapped and you're with that soldier or whatever).

The 3 Halo Reach map pack are all 50% off this week on LIVE, just a heads up. They did a good job bringing back Halo 1&2 multiplayer in the Anniversary pack.

Boy, you spend one day cleaning out the dust on your PC and MS drops a bomb on the OP. I'm working on it between homework cleaning up the office. I'll try and be done with it before tomorrow.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Is Beyond Good and Evil worth the sales price if I own the PS2 version already? I also owned it on Gamecube a few years back and traded it in for some reason (I made it to the point after Paige is kidnapped and you're with that soldier or whatever).[/QUOTE]

I know from playing the demo that it's the same game, but HD-ified. Classic game and I hear around the net that they are making #2. Just a rumor I think but it makes me want to buy it, maybe on another sale...ahh forget it, I will buy it when it goes on sale again.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Is Beyond Good and Evil worth the sales price if I own the PS2 version already? I also owned it on Gamecube a few years back and traded it in for some reason (I made it to the point after Paige is kidnapped and you're with that soldier or whatever).[/QUOTE]

It looks a little nicer and has achievements, but it's the same game. If I knew for sure that the next Xbox would be backwards compatible with XBLA games I'd say yes because I do think it's the best version. As it is, since you already own it on another system, the window where it's useful to you might be small.

[quote name='reddjoey']Boy, you spend one day cleaning out the dust on your PC and MS drops a bomb on the OP. I'm working on it between homework cleaning up the office. I'll try and be done with it before tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

reddjoey, i thought the this thread was wikified? so it would accept input from the community?

[quote name='basis']reddjoey, i thought the this thread was wikified? so it would accept input from the community?[/QUOTE]

It's been discussed and it was a 50-50 split.

[quote name='Blaster man']I don't see it listed here but the gunstringer dlc is also on sale. Reel big shootin' is 50% off 120 points, down from 240) and el diablo's Mexican adventure is 25% off (240 down from 320).[/QUOTE]
El Diablo has always been 240 points. It was never 320 points.

If people want to assist in the OP can't they just pm redjoey a properly formatted op?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KtMack23']If people won't to assist in the OP can't they just pm redjoey a properly formatted op?[/QUOTE]

True. Some people have in the past and it was super helpful. Spylon's site also does the markup for the forum, so that is helpful too.

I knew I was saving these points for something. Definitely getting Iron Brigade and Happy Action Theatre and possibly the KS2 DLC.

Played some Iron Brigade earlier and it seems like it will be hard to play just solo. Made it to the 3rd level and I did alright, but it did get rather hectic.

Would be awesome to have some partners to co-op this with. It is up to 4 people in total, which seems like it could be a blast.

Come on people hit me up!!

[quote name='cthomer5000']I was thinking the other day that we should have a thread where people list both their proudest and most shameful achievements.[/QUOTE]

I live in California and had one of my relatives in Scotland purchase and mail me My Horse and Me 2. It's region free but was never published in NA. I remember it took me 8 hours to get the full 1000 gamerscore and everytime I played that game, I had friends sending me chat invites and each conversation was "dude, what the fuck are you playing? I don't know if I want to be your friend anymore....."

The worst was when I was almost done(I played it at the crack of dawn so my wife never saw it) and she walked into the room at 6am and saw me three ft away from the tv screen washing my horse for an achievement. Oh the shame

I just PM'd RedJoey a link in case he wants to use it to help speed up his updating the OP, but in the meantime I put everything on sale together in a single list with links (I hope it is everything anyway) on my site if anyone is looking for that.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I just PM'd RedJoey a link in case he wants to use it to help speed up his updating the OP, but in the meantime I put everything on sale together in a single list with links (I hope it is everything anyway) on my site if anyone is looking for that.[/QUOTE]

I think the OP should be good to go now except for next weeks sale that I left off since this week is rather large.

What great timing; I was going to get DFHAT anyway for a party this weekend, and now it's an even better deal. Will also finally get Iron Brigade and the DLC.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Played some Iron Brigade earlier and it seems like it will be hard to play just solo. Made it to the 3rd level and I did alright, but it did get rather hectic.

Would be awesome to have some partners to co-op this with. It is up to 4 people in total, which seems like it could be a blast.

Come on people hit me up!![/QUOTE]

Everything can be done solo with gold medals. Just takes a bit of grinding to get better weapons and turrets. But yeah 4 player co-op is definitely the way to go. Add me if you want and I can give you a hand (this goes for anyone). I love that game!!!

[quote name='Dustinator']The worst was when I was almost done(I played it at the crack of dawn so my wife never saw it) and she walked into the room at 6am and saw me three ft away from the tv screen washing my horse for an achievement. Oh the shame[/QUOTE]

I was laughing, till I realized the same game is in my backlog...

Well it's either MH&M2 or the Hannah Montana game (which I hated because of the stacked cans we had to tip over with base balls) - that gets my friends all laughing at me.

[quote name='Dustinator']I live in California and had one of my relatives in Scotland purchase and mail me My Horse and Me 2. It's region free but was never published in NA. I remember it took me 8 hours to get the full 1000 gamerscore and everytime I played that game, I had friends sending me chat invites and each conversation was "dude, what the fuck are you playing? I don't know if I want to be your friend anymore....."

The worst was when I was almost done(I played it at the crack of dawn so my wife never saw it) and she walked into the room at 6am and saw me three ft away from the tv screen washing my horse for an achievement. Oh the shame[/QUOTE]

:rofl:That is the most hilarious thing ever.

Dammit I just got Raam's Shadow for 760MS points during the March sale. Why do they do these semi-sales and then real sales. Oh well, it is the best DLC i have played in a while so I can't complain. Too bad they keep putting Horde Command Pack on sale and not the other two.

Finally going to spend some points on Castle Crashers and probably Trials DLC.

Neat microsoft sale, might pick some stuff up. Looks like I'm going to stay up for a while. and Sonic 4 Ep II comes out in a few hours aww yeah

Played some Iron Brigade/Trenched with a friend tonight. At first the game is kind of slow, but once you figure out loadouts and get different chassis it became alot of fun.

[quote name='bardockkun']El Diablo has always been 240 points. It was never 320 points.[/QUOTE]

Really? I saw that listed as the priceon a site when I googled it.

Any opinion on kinect sports season 2 stuff? $5 for both seems pretty good but is it worth it?

Also, any opinion on haunt, leedmees, or hole in the wall?

What about orcs must die? Seems a little odd.

[quote name='Blaster man']Really? I saw that listed as the priceon a site when I googled it.

Any opinion on kinect sports season 2 stuff? $5 for both seems pretty good but is it worth it?

Also, any opinion on haunt, leedmees, or hole in the wall?

What about orcs must die? Seems a little odd.[/QUOTE]

For $5, I'm a fan of Haunt. It's kind of easy but generally atmospheric and some decent humor to boot. In general, you could think of it like a first person Luigi's Mansion. And it seems to work well in the confines of the Kinect.

[quote name='Dustinator']I live in California and had one of my relatives in Scotland purchase and mail me My Horse and Me 2. It's region free but was never published in NA. I remember it took me 8 hours to get the full 1000 gamerscore and everytime I played that game, I had friends sending me chat invites and each conversation was "dude, what the fuck are you playing? I don't know if I want to be your friend anymore....."

The worst was when I was almost done(I played it at the crack of dawn so my wife never saw it) and she walked into the room at 6am and saw me three ft away from the tv screen washing my horse for an achievement. Oh the shame[/QUOTE]

I hope "washing your horse" is a euphemism for something else other than what this story implies. Of course that would make your playing this game even more disturbing. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back