XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the ME3 2 day gold pass would work... I'd rather use that and give the month pass to my main account...

[quote name='Althax']I wonder if the ME3 2 day gold pass would work... I'd rather use that and give the month pass to my main account...[/QUOTE]Nope.

2 day passes never work for Gold XBLA deals.

[quote name='LordVila']FINALLY got the Raptr promo to work. Tried it on three computers and my phone but Xbox wouldn't accept my credit card and kept saying to try later, I also called tech support twice and they said they saw no problems with the card. On a gamble I entered in the free month of XBL I received from the M&Ms promo and sure enough two seconds later I received the codes for the free games. So if anyone is leery about entering there CC info or if you are having problems like I was then you can enter one of those codes and it still counts.[/QUOTE]

Apparently there was an easier way to claim the rewards without entering C.C. information

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321314&page=7

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, do you guys think games randomly get delisted with nobody noticing (because they're not good or popular games)? In stalking someone's Xbox profile, I saw a game on the marketplace called "Coffetime Crosswords" and remembered I always wanted to check it out. So I went to check the price (thinking I might buy it if it's $5) but it appears to be delisted.

I don't ever remember hearing about this one getting delisted.[/QUOTE]

Still haven't caught up with the thread but I did want to post my delisted list:
http://xbldb.com/offer-history/deli...tus=all&min_price=too_much&max_price=too_much

The top is a little messed up since MS started putting the pages for delisted items back up but just no the ability to buy them. I need to update my scanner to no "relist" them.

Does anyone have any thoughts or impressions on Rhythm Party? It kind of looks intriguing, but it doesn't look like it has too many songs.

[quote name='linkbear']Does anyone have any thoughts or impressions on Rhythm Party? It kind of looks intriguing, but it doesn't look like it has too many songs.[/QUOTE]

Try the demo. I blind bought it and played about 5 minutes of it. It's alright. Nothing too engaging, but probably worth $5.

The 21st is the end date for the Microsoft studios sale. Good enough time to demo some games to see if you like them. Unsure if I should get Castle Crashers, I know it has great reviews and such but not sure If I like it enough. Still undecided if I should get the anniversary map pack also...decisions, decisions...

[quote name='linkbear']Does anyone have any thoughts or impressions on Rhythm Party? It kind of looks intriguing, but it doesn't look like it has too many songs.[/QUOTE]

It's one of the few games I would go back to the demo multiple times while waiting for a sale. If a decent workout and turning into a butterfly or robot sound fun to you, than I'd get it. The songs are lacking but it's sort of like an Elite Beat Agents game with you as the actual agent.

Stuck on the 2nd level of Martian Bear already. But I did get a really cool laser and went back and was able to get silver on all the original levels and nab that achievement.

[quote name='Spylon']Still haven't caught up with the thread but I did want to post my delisted list:
http://xbldb.com/offer-history/deli...tus=all&min_price=too_much&max_price=too_much

The top is a little messed up since MS started putting the pages for delisted items back up but just no the ability to buy them. I need to update my scanner to no "relist" them.[/QUOTE]

Wow, "Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader" got delisted. I would have grabbed that if it ever went on sale. No big loss though.

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is gone too.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow, "Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader" got delisted. I would have grabbed that if it ever went on sale. No big loss though.

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is gone too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, also Ion Assault is a game I had been wanting to get but never did and now regret I didn't get it. This sucks, oh well.

It really is dumb they don't put a sale on games that will be delisted soon. Or put a sale on games that are 5+ years old I'm still waiting on a sale for tenchu shadow assault

[quote name='GUNNM']It really is dumb they don't put a sale on games that will be delisted soon. Or put a sale on games that are 5+ years old I'm still waiting on a sale for tenchu shadow assault[/QUOTE]

Having a sale on soon to be delisted games would be nice. From looking at that list I'm glad I had already picked up TMNT: Reshelled.

I now have a massive backlog of XBLA titles I need to play through. Apparently I own Lucidity and Monkey Island but I don't remember buying them.

I know this isn't the trade thread, but I just got The Maw and R-Type from the raptr deal and I'd be willing to trade them, if anyone here is interested shoot me a pm.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow, "Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader" got delisted. I would have grabbed that if it ever went on sale. No big loss though.

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is gone too.[/QUOTE]

Why in the hell was Yugioh delisted? That game was fairly popular and I'm sure sold well. It's not a licensing issue like Turtles b/c Konami owns the Yugioh IP.

Grabbed Trenched... I mean Iron Brigade.

Good stuff for $7.50 before point discounts. Anyone vouch for the DLC being good / worthy?

[quote name='Shifty Effect']The 21st is the end date for the Microsoft studios sale. Good enough time to demo some games to see if you like them. Unsure if I should get Castle Crashers, I know it has great reviews and such but not sure If I like it enough. Still undecided if I should get the anniversary map pack also...decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

Castle Crashers is really fun, easily worth $7.50. If you like beat-em-ups at all you should get it.

And the Anniversary pack is worth getting, even though armor abilities kinda break the maps (which is only a problem if you et title update variant, so not often) and power weapon locations aren't very good. But the maps are still good and the best Reach has to offer. Also, the anniversary playlists are filled with bad kids usually so playing on it is fun.

[quote name='LordVila']FINALLY got the Raptr promo to work. Tried it on three computers and my phone but Xbox wouldn't accept my credit card and kept saying to try later, I also called tech support twice and they said they saw no problems with the card. On a gamble I entered in the free month of XBL I received from the M&Ms promo and sure enough two seconds later I received the codes for the free games. So if anyone is leery about entering there CC info or if you are having problems like I was then you can enter one of those codes and it still counts.[/QUOTE]

Yep this is exactly what I did to get mine. Instead of clicking on the 0.00 and having to enter CC info, I clicked on the redeem code underneath used that code from the M&Ms promo.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']
The other thing is...I'd like to get some Indie Games Have 3 in my mind but would round it up to 5 to make it to 400 MSP (all 80 MSP) but doesn't know what to get beside Breath of Death VII, Cthulu saves the World and DLC Quest...[/QUOTE]
Those were my first 3 indy games as well. Cthulu being my favorite. If I may suggest to round out the five, one of the Soulcaster Games I picked up the second one and enjoyed it plan on getting the first one as soon as I have enough points in my extra rewards account. And Dead Pixels, I had a lot more fun with this one then what I was expecting.

Off topic question but since some were talking about delisted titles, has anyone every had trouble re-downloading something off your purchase history that has been delisted?

I ask because remember while back when they were giving out Ghostbusters: SOS for taiwan accounts. I picked it up and downloaded to my last Xbox. Since I've gotten a new one and been transferring everything over from my different accounts, but I can't add this one title to my queue from my purchase history because it's no longer listed on the taiwan marketplace. I've tried to do it through both my Xbox and Xbox.com and it's a no go. I can download everything else from that purchase history ok (PvZ, Daggerdale, some themes) and it lets me play the full game under that profile, just won't let me re-download it so I can transfer the license to a new console.

[quote name='solidus_00']Off topic question but since some were talking about delisted titles, has anyone every had trouble re-downloading something off your purchase history that has been delisted?

I ask because remember while back when they were giving out Ghostbusters: SOS for taiwan accounts. I picked it up and downloaded to my last Xbox. Since I've gotten a new one and been transferring everything over from my different accounts, but I can't add this one title to my queue from my purchase history because it's no longer listed on the taiwan marketplace. I've tried to do it through both my Xbox and Xbox.com and it's a no go. I can download everything else from that purchase history ok (PvZ, Daggerdale, some themes) and it lets me play the full game under that profile, just won't let me re-download it so I can transfer the license to a new console.[/QUOTE]

nope, never had a problem. off the top of my head I redownloaded one of the TMNT games (Reshelled?) awhile back and wasn't a problem, maybe it works different for games not in the US marketplace or something like that?

[quote name='intoxicated662']Yeah, also Ion Assault is a game I had been wanting to get but never did and now regret I didn't get it. This sucks, oh well.[/QUOTE]

I bought Ion Assault two years ago. Nice game. Really curious why the hell got delisted? Maybe because of the poor sales? :S

In the other hand i miss Root Beer Tapper, Smash TV and few others. :'(

Talking about delisted games, TMNT 1989 is still available on EU marketplaces - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/TMNT-1989-Arcade/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410870

Not sure if it was mentioned, but two of those Sega Classics Collections are coming to XBLA on the 23rd, Alex Kidd & Wonder Boy, both for 800 MSP. The other two, Golden Axe & Streets of Rage, will hit the week after, the 30th.

I'm very tempted to get them, but since I know Sega likes to do so many sales & deals, I'm probably going to wait for them to be 1/2 off.

[quote name='Zonic505']Not sure if it was mentioned, but two of those Sega Classics Collections are coming to XBLA on the 23rd, Alex Kidd & Wonder Boy, both for 800 MSP. The other two, Golden Axe & Streets of Rage, will hit the week after, the 30th.

I'm very tempted to get them, but since I know Sega likes to do so many sales & deals, I'm probably going to wait for them to be 1/2 off.[/QUOTE]

man screw you, beat me to the punch by two minutes :cry:, nah but this Alex and Kidd is it a great series? I've never played one before, golden axe and streets of rage on the other hand are the shit, but ive heard all six of those games are on the sonic sega collection for the 360?

[quote name='Zonic505']Not sure if it was mentioned, but two of those Sega Classics Collections are coming to XBLA on the 23rd, Alex Kidd & Wonder Boy, both for 800 MSP. The other two, Golden Axe & Streets of Rage, will hit the week after, the 30th.

I'm very tempted to get them, but since I know Sega likes to do so many sales & deals, I'm probably going to wait for them to be 1/2 off.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused, is Alex Kidd and Wonder Boy in one collection? Or are they 2 different collections?

And if they are 2, which games are in which collection?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

Is Wonder Boy cool? I've never really heard of it?

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Apparently there was an easier way to claim the rewards without entering C.C. information

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321314&page=7[/QUOTE]
[quote name='solidus_00']Yep this is exactly what I did to get mine. Instead of clicking on the 0.00 and having to enter CC info, I clicked on the redeem code underneath used that code from the M&Ms promo.[/QUOTE]
Heh. So looks like the only conditions that Raptr Rewards checks is that initially you have a Silver XBL account linked to the tracker and then later you have a Gold XBL account linked. Doesn't seem to matter how your membership status was upgraded or even if they're the same gamertag.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Worms + the DLC here I come! This is a great sale, I may have to grab a few of the Kinect games as well...hmmmm[/QUOTE]
Couldn't help noticing your gamerscore. If unobtainable achievements are a dealbreaker for you, be aware that the Single-player Pack contains one (Clock Watching - 20g).

[quote name='NoDAK']Couldn't help noticing your gamerscore. If unobtainable achievements are a dealbreaker for you, be aware that the Single-player Pack contains one (Clock Watching - 20g).[/QUOTE]

So 127,000 is the magic number for being noticed now? [looks at his score] Hmmm...

[quote name='NoDAK']
Couldn't help noticing your gamerscore. If unobtainable achievements are a dealbreaker for you, be aware that the Single-player Pack contains one (Clock Watching - 20g).[/QUOTE]

Ah, I do like getting achievements but in reality I really just play a lot of games and don't have that many maxed, so I'll end up getting it since I loved Worms 3D on the Xbox. Thanks for the heads up though, that is still kind of a bummer :/

[quote name='MrNEWZ']So 127,000 is the magic number for being noticed now? [looks at his score] Hmmm...[/QUOTE]

I usually see people pointing out people with over 100,000 or such, but it's all good. I just enjoy playing my 360 and it would appear that you do as well :p

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm confused, is Alex Kidd and Wonder Boy in one collection? Or are they 2 different collections?

And if they are 2, which games are in which collection?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

Is Wonder Boy cool? I've never really heard of it?[/QUOTE]

3 Pack for the collections? And the Alex Kidd one has Super Hang On? I know Sega always has sales and these would probably get one as well at some point, but I'll make an exception for Super Hang On.

The first two packs seem nice, but I can't understand why Sega is bothering with the second two. Golden Axe I-III and Streets of Rage 1-3 are already on the Ultimate Genesis collection.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Is Wonder Boy cool? I've never really heard of it?[/QUOTE]

It was cool for it's time. I used to play Monster Land on my Amiga 20 years ago and it was a lot of fun. I can't imagine the game style holding up too well these days, but I am grabbing it out of nostalgia.

[quote name='airco']The first two packs seem nice, but I can't understand why Sega is bothering with the second two. Golden Axe I-III and Streets of Rage 1-3 are already on the Ultimate Genesis collection.[/QUOTE]

To get money from achievement whores.
BTW, Golden Axe 1 in this collection is the arcade version not the genesis one.

[quote name='krashhole']Golden Axe was a great game back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Too bad that day was back in 1989. I put so much money into that game back then in the arcades. :)

Let's not forget about Contra and Donkey Kong! Or even better, Mario when it first came out. Those were the good ol days for sure!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Wow. Now were just getting off topic. Is Rise of the Martian Bear worth it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you get a lot of new weapons and an increased level cap. The new levels are very difficult though, especially in solo play.

[quote name='officerrickyross222']havent got to the trial yet. but is fable heroes worth it ?[/QUOTE]

I had fun with the first couple levels of Fable Heroes, though the combat is pretty generic. (Walk, press X, walk, press X...)

I don't think it's worth $10, but if it shows up on DotW I'd say grab it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, you get a lot of new weapons and an increased level cap. The new levels are very difficult though, especially in solo play.

I had fun with the first couple levels of Fable Heroes, though the combat is pretty generic. (Walk, press X, walk, press X...)

I don't think it's worth $10, but if it shows up on DotW I'd say grab it.[/QUOTE]

thx gonna try the demo in a few, hope i like it

[quote name='tylerh1701']That's cool, the game is not too bad. Way better than that shitty Reshelled one they did.[/QUOTE]

hey its not that bad, but thats coming from someone who didnt play the original. I enjoyed the remake. I played it with my lil brother and I had a good time and the achievements werent even that hard.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']My location is finally acceptable by Xbox Live's TOS.[/QUOTE]
Did they tell you why they were hatin' on the Buckeye state?

[quote name='chuckie88']Did they tell you why they were hatin' on the Buckeye state?[/QUOTE]
I think it had to do with the OH part clashing with their list of banned words, so I'm guessing that they made an exception in their list for people in Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back