XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Action Theater is showing as 800, but Haunt is still at 400. Unfortunately I never got around to try the demo and I'm not sure I want to take a chance on it. Probably it will go on sale again anyway.

Hmmm...Kingdom of Keflings is still listed but when you click the link on the website for the deals it no longer shows up at all. Hopefully this slip up means it will be part of next week's deals...

[quote name='crunchewy']Happy Action Theater is showing as 800, but Haunt is still at 400. Unfortunately I never got around to try the demo and I'm not sure I want to take a chance on it. Probably it will go on sale again anyway.[/QUOTE]

Haunt has been on sale twice in the past month. You'll likely see another sale, but it probably won't be for a while.

[quote name='flybrione']I already have Outland and Clash of Heroes. I would love to get the online achievements done in these games since I already played through and really enjoyed the single player. If anyone wants to play after they purchase just send me a request with Outland or Clash of Heroes in the subject line. Both games are excellent. Thanks[/QUOTE]

PM sent. I really need the 4 player Clash achievement. Any one else feel free to add me. Evening after 10EST I'm almost always available.

-Michael

[quote name='Felder71']Played a little Joy Ride Turbo last night. General impressions below:

It's Kinect Joy Ride with a controller. Which of course, fixes the biggest flaw of Kinect Joy Ride for a much cheaper price.

If you are looking for a solid cart racer, I recommend it. You'll get your $10 worth.[/QUOTE]

Just won a copy of JoyRide :D! Looking forward to checking it out tonight.

[quote name='sp8001']Just won a copy of JoyRide :D! Looking forward to checking it out tonight.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Wonder if any of the guys who sell for cheap won one? I love those guys!

[quote name='MrNEWZ']PM sent. I really need the 4 player Clash achievement. Any one else feel free to add me. Evening after 10EST I'm almost always available.

-Michael[/QUOTE]
Trueachievements.com guys. You can join and set up sessions. Great site for getting those pesky online chievos.

[quote name='wune']In for Beyond Good and Evil HD.
Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I first bought Trenched and DLC (I dont want to call it Iron Brigade) then Beyond Good and Evil HD. I passed up that game once a number of years ago, played the trial and was impressed even for an old title.

Now i'm slightly angry with myself for not picking up the anniversary map pack.

Picked up Outland. Such a good game in the Metroid style gameplay, but with an Ikaruga spin on it. I'm up to the second boss and it has been totally worth the 400msp.

Nothing for me this week. All repeats and games I have. BG & E was a steal at $3 during Black Friday.

The whole camera-unable-to-invert-issue-has got that game on the bottom of my backlog. I'll get to it in 2014....in December

Last edited by a moderator:
I already own Outland (Great Game) and Beyond Good and Evil (Haven't played it yet lol)

I'm considering Might and Magic, but I just don't think that battle system really interests me...

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']I already own Outland (Great Game) and Beyond Good and Evil (Haven't played it yet lol)

I'm considering Might and Magic, but I just don't think that battle system really interests me...[/QUOTE]

I had absolutely no interest in Might and Magic's battle system. I wasn't even going to bother trying it after watching video. I ended up giving it a shot and really, really liked it. Of course I only finished about 2/5 of the game despite liking it I'd so much. I'd rather sit on the couch with it on my laptop/tablet while watching something on my TV. The game is like 25 hours long, slow paced, and I do not care about what's going on with the story. It's just not how I want to play it.

One of these days I'll get it on Steam and finish it, because I do really want to.

I picked up BG&E today, can't believe I missed the BF deal. I already had Outland from the last time it was on sale. Now because I lack self control I'm going to pick up M&M.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='louiedog']I had absolutely no interest in Might and Magic's battle system. I wasn't even going to bother trying it after watching video. I ended up giving it a shot and really, really liked it. Of course I only finished about 2/5 of the game despite liking it I'd so much. I'd rather sit on the couch with it on my laptop/tablet while watching something on my TV. The game is like 25 hours long, slow paced, and I do not care about what's going on with the story. It's just not how I want to play it.

One of these days I'll get it on Steam and finish it, because I do really want to.[/QUOTE]

I believe it was released on the DS if memory serves correctly.

Played a demo of Clash of Heroes and it's a type of game that I can see myself having fun with, but I'm gonna have to skip it. It's just that the frequency of the loading screen is too much. You load before a battle, after a battle, and before and after a cutscene. It was a deal breaker for me.

Buying both Sega Vintage Collections today and probably will skip Golden Axe and Streets of Rage ones, since i already got these games on Sega Ultimate collection disc.

btw I hope at some point playxbla give away Rocket Knight codes.

[quote name='Raziel-Freya']Someone else is going to buy Joy Ride Turbo? I'm downloading it right now I hope it's a fun kart game like the Sonic one :)[/QUOTE]

I won a copy on Monday so I'll be around, although probably not these weekend. So far, it's been fun. Think Kinect Joy Ride with a controller. For $10, it's worth it. For the eventual $5 sale, it's a steal.

I might get Joy Ride Turbo, but I have the feeling it'll be on sale sooner or later (same goes for the Sega Vintage Collections). & I've already got a HUGE backlog of 10+ games as it is already. Though I'm interested in hearing if it's good or not.

Playing Revenge of Shinobi on Sega Vintage collection really makes me wanna track down a first run printing of the genesis version. This pink Spiderman junk sucks.

[quote name='Zonic505']I might get Joy Ride Turbo, but I have the feeling it'll be on sale sooner or later (same goes for the Sega Vintage Collections). & I've already got a HUGE backlog of 10+ games as it is already. Though I'm interested in hearing if it's good or not.[/QUOTE]

My experience with kart racers since Super Mario Kart for the SNES has been very limited, so my opinion might not be worth much, but after a few hours with it Joy Ride Turbo seems better than any of the others that I've demoed on the service. It's also a bit too easy against the AI. I look forward to trying it out online where hopefully I won't be in first place for the entire race and actually get to use the weapons a bit more. There aren't a ton of tracks and despite there being a couple of dozen cars, none of them feel that much different. Still, it's fun to play and if you want a kart racer on XBLA, this is probably the best you'll do. I do think the online will be the final judge though.

This week's DOTW is literally all the games I have been waiting for another drop!

I am super excited, I never pick up every item from the DOTW but I have this time. I am especially looking forward to Clash of the Heroes.

I'm tempted by BG&EHD. With the recent announcement that the game's sequel is getting done for next gen consoles and I haven't played the original before, I'm interested.

I've heard it's a cult hit. How long is it? How good is it?

[quote name='Wargamer']
I've heard it's a cult hit. How long is it? How good is it?[/QUOTE]

About 10-15 hours to finish up everything. Very good.

Ugh, another week of games that have been on sale time and time again. How about some sales on some new games. I dont expect it often but it would be nice every once in awhile, to see them pick some newer games. In all honesty, I don't know why I even check the sales anymore. I really don't. Its just one disappointing sale after another.

[quote name='Wargamer']I'm tempted by BG&EHD. With the recent announcement that the game's sequel is getting done for next gen consoles and I haven't played the original before, I'm interested.

I've heard it's a cult hit. How long is it? How good is it?[/QUOTE]

Its one of my favorite games from the original Xbox generation. The HD upgrade just makes it that much better. I cant give BG&E a higher recommendation. Just an all around great game.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Ugh, another week of games that have been on sale time and time again. How about some sales on some new games. I dont expect it often but it would be nice every once in awhile, to see them pick some newer games. In all honesty, I don't know why I even check the sales anymore. I really don't. Its just one disappointing sale after another.[/QUOTE]

Not to give you too much grief but were you out of town last week? The selection may not have been to your liking but many people, including myself, had been waiting a very long time for Trenched to go on sale and last week was the first time it had done so. I'm fairly certain last week's sale was the first time in weeks for a first time discount but it was there none the less. Do people really need to complain so soon after a sale ends? At least complain in a couple more weeks if nothing new shows up. Sheesh.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Not to give you too much grief but were you out of town last week? The selection may not have been to your liking but many people, including myself, had been waiting a very long time for Trenched to go on sale and last week was the first time it had done so. I'm fairly certain last week's sale was the first time in weeks for a first time discount but it was there none the less. Do people really need to complain so soon after a sale ends? At least complain in a couple more weeks if nothing new shows up. Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

Fully agreed. Somebody always pops up and complains about the old deals immediately after a sale that had fresh games in it...

[quote name='eastx']Fully agreed. Somebody always pops up and complains about the old deals immediately after a sale that had fresh games in it...[/QUOTE]

Also even if those games are repeat deals, this is an awesome deal of the week with good games in it, I already did own them from earlier deals yes but nonetheless very good deals here...

Tomorrow two XBLIG will be on sale through the Because We May indie game promotion. They are Blocks That Matter and Pingvinas. Both are normally $3 but I don't know what the sale prices will be. There are a ton of other games for a variety of platforms as well.

[quote name='louiedog']Tomorrow two XBLIG will be on sale through the Because We May indie game promotion. They are Blocks That Matter and Pingvinas. Both are normally $3 but I don't know what the sale prices will be. There are a ton of other games for a variety of platforms as well.[/QUOTE]

On the Xbox page it shows Pingvinas as 80 MSP already. Is this the sale price then?

[quote name='louiedog']Tomorrow two XBLIG will be on sale through the Because We May indie game promotion. They are Blocks That Matter and Pingvinas. Both are normally $3 but I don't know what the sale prices will be. There are a ton of other games for a variety of platforms as well.[/QUOTE]

If you click the items both show up for 80 MSP right now =P lol

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']If you click the items both show up for 80 MSP right now =P lol[/QUOTE]

Perhaps they already flipped their switches. As of today Microsoft is allowing indie devs to alter their game pricing more frequently.

[quote name='destro4eva']Clash of Heroes M&M is fantastic, total steal at 600 space bucks. Buy it people.[/QUOTE]

I tried the demo, hated the kiddie anime art style, and just wished they had ported a real Might and Magic game instead of this spinoff.

I'll stick with Heroes V on the PC.

On another note...when looking at the steam sales for tomorrow on this site...I wish they would also reduce Games like Penny Arcade for Xbox then...or other titles that are on XBLA too... ._.

[quote name='ooga']I'll stick to Heroes III on the PC. ;)[/QUOTE]

Best Heroes Game ever!!! =D

Thinking about getting Beyond Good and Evil HD. Played the demo last night and it seems like a pretty good game. Does the game have a pretty good story? And about how long is it?

[quote name='krashhole']Thinking about getting Beyond Good and Evil HD. Played the demo last night and it seems like a pretty good game. Does the game have a pretty good story? And about how long is it?[/QUOTE]

Very good story. takes about 10-15 hours.

[quote name='ooga']Very good story. takes about 10-15 hours.[/QUOTE]
Sweet! It's not like I need another game right now, but 400msp for what looks like a really good game is just too hard to pass up. I know you can relate to "not being able to pass up a deal" :lol::lol:

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Ugh, another week of games that have been on sale time and time again. How about some sales on some new games. I dont expect it often but it would be nice every once in awhile, to see them pick some newer games. In all honesty, I don't know why I even check the sales anymore. I really don't. Its just one disappointing sale after another.

Its one of my favorite games from the original Xbox generation. The HD upgrade just makes it that much better. I cant give BG&E a higher recommendation. Just an all around great game.[/QUOTE]
Another week of retarded statements that have been posted time and time again. How about some retarded statements on some new retarded subjects. I dont expect it often but it would be nice every once in awhile, to see them pick some newer retarded subjects to post about. In all honesty, I don't know why I even check the posts anymore. I really don't. Its just one disappointing retard after another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back