XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MRGx']Black Ops is on sale 3038 points, down from 4000 not much of a deal[/QUOTE]

Oh well guess I'm going to sleep then. I was staying up hoping they would F up and make it 4.99 for a bit until they caught it.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Wow, Forgotten Sands for 400 points is a surprise. Totally bought and downloading now. 4.6 GBs.[/QUOTE]

I kinda want it but the other PoP is way better from what I hear. but thats something to keep in mind

[quote name='MRGx']I kinda want it but the other PoP is way better from what I hear. but thats something to keep in mind[/QUOTE]

PoP was a reboot, felt quite different, female partner, where as forgotten sands is more similar to Sands of Time, which is arguably the best PoP game ever made. So I prefer that style gameplay mechanic.

Now, what else to get, Kameo, Conan, Bionic Commando? hmm...Oh, and Sonic CD.

[quote name='DEDLY CUKE']Bionic Commando is still at $19.99. Wanted to buy it before bed, but looks like I have to wait now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that, I thought BC was one of the confirmed titles? So was regular PoP. A mistake, maybe?

I hope they aren't mistakes. I'm waiting before I pick anything up just incase. really hope both PoP go on sale/stay on sale and BC goes down.

[quote name='MRGx']I kinda want it but the other PoP is way better from what I hear. but thats something to keep in mind[/QUOTE]

The Wii version? I don't think so. Too much Wiimote bullshit added on. It is longer, though, by a bit. The 360/PS3 version has much better platforming and combat, though.

So far, I grabbed Tornado Outbreak and SOnic 4 Episode 1...Any thoughts on Sonic Adventure and if the DX Uprgade is worth it. I'll be honest, I never really played much of it when it first came out for the Dreamcast. I was actually kinda disgruntled it went to 3D. Am I missing a gem of a game. Would love to hear some feedback on it.

I know the 2008 Prince of Persia has it's fans, but IMO, it's by far the worst of the modern PoP games. Other than the lovely graphics, everything it does is done much better by the other games, especially the horrible combat system. PoP is still worth playing, but if you're only going to get one, The Forgotten Sands is much, much better.

[quote name='Zbornak']I know the 2008 Prince of Persia has it's fans, but IMO, it's by far the worst of the modern PoP games. Other than the lovely graphics, everything it does is done much better by the other games, especially the horrible combat system. PoP is still worth playing, but if you're only going to get one, The Forgotten Sands is much, much better.[/QUOTE]

Oh you meant the 2008 spin-off one. That one is more like a movie than a game. All actions are mapped to the four face buttons and you just tap them whenever an obstacle calls for it. It's extremely easy, too. Kind of a shallow game. Still fun, sure, but PoP:TFS is much closer to the Sands series of last generation (except its story was is awful).

[quote name='Rollobobo']So far, I grabbed Tornado Outbreak and SOnic 4 Episode 1...Any thoughts on Sonic Adventure and if the DX Uprgade is worth it. I'll be honest, I never really played much of it when it first came out for the Dreamcast. I was actually kinda disgruntled it went to 3D. Am I missing a gem of a game. Would love to hear some feedback on it.[/QUOTE]Simply put, you're gonna hear some VERY mixed reactions. Some people think the game hasn't aged very well, mainly some parts like Big the Cat (which I totally agree with) & the voice acting, but I've still been able to get some enjoyment out of it replaying it for the 3rd time (Dreamcast, then GCN, & XBLA). I think the demo lets you try out each of the 6 characters, so I would really suggest playing that in order to see if you can stand playing as each character.

As for the DX Package, it's okay, but the fact they removed the Game Gear games that were rewards for completing missions/emblems kind of sucks. Also, the fact your reward for all 130 emblems is just Metal Sonic is a huge bummer since he's literally just a reskin.

[quote name='garrett007']These games are gonna kill my 250 gb HDD I only have 40gb left. I gotta make some room[/QUOTE]

People keep forgetting that when you buy a downloadable game that doesn't mean you have to download it right away. If you're low on HD space wait until you're ready to play, download, play, then delete. I'm down to 60/250 GBs myself, but I'm only grabbing a couple of these games. Tornado, Conan and possibly Blazing Angels.

[quote name='ooga']People keep forgetting that when you buy a downloadable game that doesn't mean you have to download it right away. If you're low on HD space wait until you're ready to play, download, play, then delete. I'm down to 60/250 GBs myself, but I'm only grabbing a couple of these games. Tornado, Conan and possibly Blazing Angels.[/QUOTE]

I know that is what I used to do on my ps3 until I upgraded the HDD, but 250 is the max for the old 360's

[quote name='garrett007']I know that is what I used to do on my ps3 until I upgraded the HDD, but 250 is the max for the old 360's[/QUOTE]

60/250 = 60 GBs free out of 250 GBs. :)
It's nice to have all your games installed, but it's totally unnecessary. 250 gbs should be enough for anyone.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']oh shit its that one. That PoP is better from what Ive heard, but now its 400 MSP instead of 320. Not a big deal, but still.[/QUOTE]

I think the 320 would've been a typo as well had it been the other game since it is priced at $19.99 not $14.99.

[quote name='ooga']I think the 320 would've been a typo as well had it been the other game since it is priced at $19.99 not $14.99.[/QUOTE]

probably right, luckily my copy of kinect sports came with 160 MSP, so I have just enough for PoP and Magic 2013. :applause: Good xbox week for me.

Well im kinda glad it turned out to be this one because this one is like a reboot to the series. I tried to play the original series on ps2 years ago but I couldnt get into it. Hopefully thats not the case here.

Picked up Virtua Tennis. Now, I've got to figure out what else to get. I was going to grab Virtua Fighter, but seeing that it doesn't have Quest mode really sucks, so I'd rather wait for it to go on sale. Don't know what to get...

Picked up tornado outbreak, virtua tennis 2009, PoP forgotten sands, and Conan. I doubt I'll pick up anything else, unless something was missed.

I love all the Prince of Persia games from Sands of Time on. (The earlier ones are too Nintendohard for me)

So I recommend it.

I will grab a game for my kid (she's 7). It sounds like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is the one I should pick over Bolt or Meet the Robinsons. Correct?

[quote name='Teancum']Red Dead Redemption is an absolute steal at 1200 MSP. If I hadn't already completed it long ago I'd buy it.[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with you.

Summer of Arcade

Date Title Price (MS Points)
July 18 Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD 1200
July 25 Wreckateer 800
August 1 Deadlight 1200
August 8 Hybrid 1200
August 15 Dust: An Elysian Tail 1200

Damn Bionic Commando is still showing 19.99 and its one of the main games I was looking forward to.

So far I picked up Blazing Angels, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Dark Void, Meet the Robinsons, Open Season, and Surf's Up.

I all ready have Alone in the Dark, Bolt, Conan, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, both Prince of Persia GoD, and Viva Pinata Party Animals.

I'll get Bionic Commando if it ever updates. Maybe Facebreaker but probably not since they closed the online servers.

I guess I might as well mention it here since people talk about Xbox Rewards, but starting this fall, there'll be a new way to earn rewards based on your achievements, which sounds kind of similar to Raptr Rewards. Hopefully, there'll be some more info about this soon.

As for Summer of Arcade, really only care about THPS HD (so hoping cameo characters & cheats return), but I think I'm gonna wait for that to be $10 or less. Might also check out the demo for Dusk: An Elysian Tale as well & get that if I like it & goes on sale as well.

Was hoping to see Dust or Deadlight come in at 800msp, but not surprised that they didn't. I'll be passing on all of them until a sale or get a chance to grab them on the trading thread.

[quote name='louiedog']Summer of Arcade

Date Title Price (MS Points)
July 18 Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD 1200
July 25 Wreckateer 800
August 1 Deadlight 1200
August 8 Hybrid 1200
August 15 Dust: An Elysian Tail 1200[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty excited for Dust and Deadlight. Played the Dust demo on one game event month ago and i was blown away. :)
Shame it's the last game in this list.

Picked up Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatball.Does anyone know if GRAW has Co-op (campaign) me and a couple buddies are looking for a good coop game in this sale and thats the one that we might get.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Major Nelson posted that Prince of Persia is supposed to be 3.99, he said don't purchase it until it gets updated[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but he also lists the game's normal price at $14.99 and not $19.99. XBLDB.com doesn't have any record of it dropping to $14.99. Unless that's supposed to happen today, I think Major Nelson may have made a mistake. Yes, it's worth waiting just be sure, but I'm not so sure that it's going to happen.

[quote name='louiedog']Yeah, but he also lists the game's normal price at $14.99 and not $19.99. XBLDB.com doesn't have any record of it dropping to $14.99. Unless that's supposed to happen today, I think Major Nelson may have made a mistake. Sure, it's worth waiting just be sure, but I'm not so sure that it's going to happen.[/QUOTE]

He probably just forgot to switch that price in his post though, either way I would still suggest waiting till later in the day or tomorrow to see if it does

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back