XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
got some pinball tables for 400 msp thanks to not winning tht scratch game.
how do you win in that?
do you have to have all the pics matching or something?

I'll def be getting Shoot Many Robots. What can I say, I'm a loot-fiend >:D Also picking up Trine 2; absolutely loved the demo. I downloaded the trials for GCI and Nexuiz, but have yet to play them.

I'm assuming GCI's community is still active, but how about Nexuiz's? I mean, for 200 MSP, I don't think it'd be THAT big of a loss even if it is utter crap, but I want to be able to enjoy the crap with others, hehe. I played Monday Night Combat well after the community tapered off, so if either game is anything like MNC or better, I'm all for 'em.

Wow Trine 2, finally a game on sale that I was legitimately waiting for. All in all its been a rough couple weeks for my Xbox hard drive. I only had 18 Gigs left on my hard drive and I purchased Conan (on demand), Trine 2, The Marvel Pinball set, The Mass Effect 3 expanded ending, and the Skyrim add on. I wiped out half of the space I had left. Now I am down to roughly 9 gigs left. Man oh man how I wish MS would release larger sized hard drives.

By the way, 1600 points for a 500MB Skyrim add on? Anyone else feel a bit ripped off by that price? I had to have it but it should have been 800-1200 points tops.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Wow Trine 2, finally a game on sale that I was legitimately waiting for. All in all its been a rough couple weeks for my Xbox hard drive. I only had 18 Gigs left on my hard drive and I purchased Conan (on demand), Trine 2, The Marvel Pinball set, The Mass Effect 3 expanded ending, and the Skyrim add on. I wiped out half of the space I had left. Now I am down to roughly 9 gigs left. Man oh man how I wish MS would release larger sized hard drives.

By the way, 1600 points for a 500MB Skyrim add on? Anyone else feel a bit ripped off by that price? I had to have it but it should have been 800-1200 points tops.[/QUOTE]

Given how much Bethesda packs into games, I don't feel ripped off. Also, on your HDD problem, get 2 16gig sticks and plug them in. That's a cheap way to get 32 gigs.

Dunno if this was posted, but I noticed on the Kinect channel that the DLC for Once Upon a Monster is on sale for 200 msp. I just got the game from BB when it was on sale in March, and decided to crack the wrapper and inside was a 480 msp code.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']How is Trine 2? Isn't there a Wii U port of it coming? Is it better to wait for that (since it's supposed to be enchanced) or pick this up now?[/QUOTE]

You can bet the WiiU version won't go on sale for $7.50. Nintendo sucks at digital sales.

[quote name='eastx']You can bet the WiiU version won't go on sale for $7.50. Nintendo sucks at digital sales.[/QUOTE]

Too true. Perhaps I'll pick this up now, so I can play it though the summer, and come winter if the enhanced version looks good I'll double dip.

[quote name='PanzerDSS']Given how much Bethesda packs into games, I don't feel ripped off. Also, on your HDD problem, get 2 16gig sticks and plug them in. That's a cheap way to get 32 gigs.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I hadn't even thought of that. That will at least give me a few more months before I run out of space. Thanks!

Yeah, Bethesda does a great job with their games and I haven't felt ripped off with any of their previous titles or releases....well, maybe the horse armor but then again they never tried charging 20 dollars for an add on before. They have already made sickening amounts of money from this game so to see them now try and charge people 20 bucks for a 500mb add on....well, it just rings the wrong way with me and I am one of the most outspoken fans of Bethesda on the continent. This should have been 15 bucks at the most and I guarantee they would have made LOADS of money even at that price level. imo, 20 bucks is just taking advantage.

By the way, I wonder how much money MS paid to get Ep2 for Walking Dead a full 1 day ahead of the PS3 and PC, lol. That has to be the lamest exclusivity deal I have ever seen. Or maybe my perception of this whole thing is just skewed. Maybe 1 day is a big deal to some people. I will be too busy with Mass Effect 3 and my Marvel Pinball to get to Ep2 today so I guess it makes no difference to me.

So I know this isn't really the right thread, but any gold deals on MS points right now? Looking to pick up Dawnguard and a few of the deals in this thread but wanna know if points are on the cheap anywhere. Thanks guys!

[quote name='XxLady_AthenaxX']I'll def be getting Shoot Many Robots. What can I say, I'm a loot-fiend >:D Also picking up Trine 2; absolutely loved the demo. I downloaded the trials for GCI and Nexuiz, but have yet to play them.

I'm assuming GCI's community is still active, but how about Nexuiz's? I mean, for 200 MSP, I don't think it'd be THAT big of a loss even if it is utter crap, but I want to be able to enjoy the crap with others, hehe. I played Monday Night Combat well after the community tapered off, so if either game is anything like MNC or better, I'm all for 'em.[/QUOTE]

I played Nexuiz yesterday and for at least the time being because of the sale, there are plenty of people playing it.

[quote name='freakord']COD packs no longer on sale? What's the deal on that? where they never on sale to begin with?[/QUOTE]

I had to....
276619_205667889494462_7502323_n.jpg

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Played the demo for Shoot Many Robots and it wasn't really for me. I didnt hate it, but i didnt really enjoy it either. 200-240 MSP is a better price for me. Looks like i dont need to buy any points for awhile, since I already own the black ops dlc and mw3 sux donkey balls (Yet I still play it).[/QUOTE]

It's a much better multiplayer game than single player.

Definitely worth $5 if you have at least one other person to play with.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Wow Trine 2, finally a game on sale that I was legitimately waiting for. All in all its been a rough couple weeks for my Xbox hard drive. I only had 18 Gigs left on my hard drive and I purchased Conan (on demand), Trine 2, The Marvel Pinball set, The Mass Effect 3 expanded ending, and the Skyrim add on. I wiped out half of the space I had left. Now I am down to roughly 9 gigs left. Man oh man how I wish MS would release larger sized hard drives.

By the way, 1600 points for a 500MB Skyrim add on? Anyone else feel a bit ripped off by that price? I had to have it but it should have been 800-1200 points tops.[/QUOTE]

Used original model 360 HDs are 50% off at Gamestop through today (6-27). I picked up a 250 GB for $35.

[quote name='Felder71']Not sure if I should laugh or cry. Either way, Neuxiz sucks.[/QUOTE]

I played one game last night and already glad I bought it. Soundtrack by Rafael Saadiq and right there, worth 200 msp alone. Reminds me of the old school FPS games like Quake and Doom. Online seems stable.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I had to....[/QUOTE]

HA!

Reading Comprehension F- for me. I could have swore I saw it up on majornelson.com yesterday.

[quote name='freakord']HA!

Reading Comprehension F- for me. I could have swore I saw it up on majornelson.com yesterday.[/QUOTE]

its all good bro. Its a sale that many have been waiting for and can't wait for either.

I'm tempted to buy the GoD version of Borderlands. I already have all of the expansions from when I bought the Game of the Year version previously. There are still a couple expansions I have left to finish (Claptrap and Secret Armory). I've seen a used copy on sale several times for 9.99 so I'm trying to decide if it is better to wait for a sale on a used copy that I could potentially resell or get the digital version. Any advice? I will say though it was pretty nice this morning playing the digital version of Tornado Outbreak.

[quote name='LordVila']I've seen a used copy on sale several times for 9.99 so I'm trying to decide if it is better to wait for a sale on a used copy that I could potentially resell or get the digital version. Any advice? I will say though it was pretty nice this morning playing the digital version of Tornado Outbreak.[/QUOTE]

I purchased the GOD of Borderlands a while back and don't regret it. While I am usually against digital copies of games, I didn't regret this as the 2nd is coming out and your trade options on Borderlands will be even more limited.

[quote name='LordVila']I'm tempted to buy the GoD version of Borderlands. I already have all of the expansions from when I bought the Game of the Year version previously. There are still a couple expansions I have left to finish (Claptrap and Secret Armory). I've seen a used copy on sale several times for 9.99 so I'm trying to decide if it is better to wait for a sale on a used copy that I could potentially resell or get the digital version. Any advice? I will say though it was pretty nice this morning playing the digital version of Tornado Outbreak.[/QUOTE]
i have the GOD one and was gonna buy the digi copy just for convenience, but i realized that when the second one comes out in september, i'll probably never play borderlands 1 again. so for that reason i'm holding out and will probably just hawk my GOTY edition in a few months rather than buy the GOD one and be stuck with it when i'll never touch it again after that point.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Seems that you can try the Scratch & Match game every day, though I'm wondering what the hell each of those images are supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

i think you gotta match three in a row or some shit. If you have additional gt's on your console, they too can play. Have to be us accounts though. As for that game I metioned, ima check that link out and will def. try the demo day 1. If i like it, day 1 buy for me

[quote name='Turbojugend']Holy crap, that Dungeon Fighter game looks amazing. Is it currently available on XBLA?[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's kind of been a DNF and was supposed to come out a year or two ago. But a achivement list out I think it's coming soon. (all they said was 2012)

[quote name='reddjoey']XBLA, Leftovers, Promos, & Drops

[IMG-L=6565]20105[/IMG-L]Xbox Live Arcade:

6/20
-Magic 2013 - 800 Microsoft Points

.[/QUOTE]

"Last edited by reddjoey; 06-13-2012 at 09:26 PM.. "

I can help with that. Here are some upcoming games and as usual there is a promotion with Summer of Arcade.

07/04 Spelunky / Bellator: MMA Onslaught
07/11 Quantum Conundrum
07/18 Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD
07/25 Wreckateer

08/01 Deadlight
08/08 Hybrid
08/15 Dust: An Elysian Tail

[quote name='yamayama']"Last edited by reddjoey; 06-13-2012 at 09:26 PM.. "

I can help with that. Here are some upcoming games and as usual there is a promotion with Summer of Arcade.

07/11 Quantum Conundrum
07/25 Wreckateer

08/01 Deadlight
08/08 Hybrid
[/QUOTE]

Ha, I was just coming here to update that.

Thanks again everyone for the patience with me. These last two semesters have been really tough on me. I can't seem to get a decent schedule that allows me enough time to study, attend class, work and then have free time to do things like this thread and games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yamayama']"Last edited by reddjoey; 06-13-2012 at 09:26 PM.. "

07/11 Quantum Conundrum
07/25 Wreckateer

08/01 Deadlight
08/08 Hybrid
[/QUOTE]

You know you could've posted this in the OP yourself, right?

[quote name='ooga']You know you could've posted this in the OP yourself, right?[/QUOTE]

No I couldn't.

That information is stored on the second post. Which is not wikified.

Anyways, thanks for updating RJ.

[quote name='ooga']You know you could've posted this in the OP yourself, right?[/QUOTE]

That section's in the 2nd post of the thread, doesn't look like anyone but reddjoey or a mod can edit it.

[quote name='yamayama']No I couldn't.

That information is stored on the second post. Which is not wikified.

Anyways, thanks for updating RJ.[/QUOTE]

Doh! True. Didn't think about that.

[quote name='ooga']Doh! True. Didn't think about that.[/QUOTE]

Heh, it's all good. RJ does a better job than I would have done anyways.

Provides xbox.com links and prices. :applause:

Thanks again RJ and I hope everything is going good in school. Keep up the good work.

Anyone know how the online community for Nexuiz is? 200 points is a pretty tempting price for the game, but most XBLA online shooters tend to have almost a non-existent community like 2 weeks after its initial release.

[quote name='KiySeph']Anyone know how the online community for Nexuiz is? 200 points is a pretty tempting price for the game, but most XBLA online shooters tend to have almost a non-existent community like 2 weeks after its initial release.
[/QUOTE]

It's virtually dead, the game offers very little in terms of content and playability.

I didn't want to purchase Nexuiz at first, but a friend got it and so I got it too so we could play online together and some of the achievements are easy. There is still an active community for it and during the trial, you can still find matches online (even also after purchasing the game there are still matches to be found as well). We could set up some matches also on cag via the 360 game thread if need be. For 200 msp i'd say get it.

[quote name='GUNNM']Anyone know when gears of war for PC dropped in price? Used to be $20 now it's $15 might buy it[/QUOTE]

Gears PC is still $20. Spylon's site shows the Games on Demand Gears 1 for 360 dropped to $15 on 3/27.

http://xbldb.com/offers/002-33c

I might've bit if it was the PC version that dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back