XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks bud. Maybe I'll pass on the Cheeve Challenge this week as well.
[/QUOTE]

Two of the Dungeon Fighters achievements are really easy and came fast - Recipe one and playing with two people.
I tried Trenched solo, but this game is meant to be played in co-op. No one plays it. :(
I have all three games this time, so will try to find people for Trenched tonight.

[quote name='Sath666']Two of the Dungeon Fighters achievements are really easy and came fast - Recipe one and playing with two people.
I tried Trenched solo, but this game is meant to be played in co-op. No one plays it. :(
I have all three games this time, so will try to find people for Trenched tonight.[/QUOTE]

My friend and I are looking for players to get sliver or gold on all of the levels on trenched, we are going to try tonight est, do you wanna join us? Gamertag is garrett007. and also how do you get a recipe on dungeon fighter?

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']I asked this quite a while ago...this was the response of Xbox Live Rewards...

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_rewards_support/f/29/t/283482.aspx

not very helpful at all lol asking for every singel Item I might or might not buy[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if you do exactly what the person tells you, you'll find this (granted, it wasn't posted until 7/11):

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_rewards_support/f/29/t/289653.aspx

...which has a complete list of everything that counts toward the reward.

...which includes this

Important note: this list includes content that is both free content (i.e. trailers, demos, etc) and paid content. Only paid content found within this list is eligible. See the FAQs and the full Terms and Conditions for more details. Items in the Parent Title column are, by themselves, NOT eligible.

Pinball FX2 Marvel: Avengers Chronicles

[quote name='garrett007']My friend and I are looking for players to get sliver or gold on all of the levels on trenched, we are going to try tonight est, do you wanna join us? Gamertag is garrett007. and also how do you get a recipe on dungeon fighter?[/QUOTE]

My recipe came from the quest line. I had to disassemble a few things to get the materials for it. There's also a guy that sells them in the second part of town. His require higher materials from the ones I've seen.

[quote name='Derextreme']My recipe came from the quest line. I had to disassemble a few things to get the materials for it. There's also a guy that sells them in the second part of town. His require higher materials from the ones I've seen.[/QUOTE]
I havent had the time to play it that much so I'm still in the first town. Dungeon fighter will be my priority today out of the weekend challenge until tonight.
Thanks for the heads up!

Garrett, I'm down to help you guys tonight with trenched. Let me know if you guys want some help tonight.

BTW- It is possible to get golds on every level solo, volcano was the hardest by far to gold solo, but it can be done.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Garrett, I'm down to help you guys tonight with trenched. Let me know if you guys want some help tonight.

BTW- It is possible to get golds on every level solo, volcano was the hardest by far to gold solo, but it can be done.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I'll message you when I get on, we have some bronze levels we have to do. It shouldn't take too long.

Despite the stiffness and the poor menu system I am really digging Dungeon Fighter. Hopefully they add in more content later on. I wish there was a demo of :ps3: Rainbow Moon so I could try it out before I dropped $15 on it.

[quote name='LordVila']Despite the stiffness and the poor menu system I am really digging Dungeon Fighter. Hopefully they add in more content later on. I wish there was a demo of :ps3: Rainbow Moon so I could try it out before I dropped $15 on it.[/QUOTE]

It's totally worth it man. It's a little cheaper for + members right now also.

if anyone wants help with Trenched just send me a message. I soloed almost everything and can help people get the golds on any level. i'm around most of the day and tonight and all day tomorrow.

gt: lordrex172

[quote name='Brother Daz']Do you guys have the DLC yet? I still need to run through those missions. Those are really tough solo.[/QUOTE]

We do have the dlc and we haven't done that yet, we can do those too

[quote name='Brother Daz']It's totally worth it man. It's a little cheaper for + members right now also.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I don't have PS+. Maybe I can find one of the 30 day codes somewhere to knock the price down a bit.

[quote name='lordrex217']if anyone wants help with Trenched just send me a message. I soloed almost everything and can help people get the golds on any level. i'm around most of the day and tonight and all day tomorrow.

gt: lordrex172[/QUOTE]

Wanna join my group? It is Brother Daz, one of my local friends and I. We are going to be on tonight.

[quote name='garrett007']Wanna join my group? It is Brother Daz, one of my local friends and I. We are going to be on tonight.[/QUOTE]

Sure. When I get home tonight I'll send you a message.

Thanks for answering my question about the FX2 tables, n8rockerasu. Will be buying the Avengers Chronicles pack for sure then. :)

I also need to get through a bunch of the levels on Trenched / Iron Brigade so if anyone needs a partner please message me. :(

I didn't realize how easy the online achievement (for the Cheeve Challenge) was for Dungeon Fighter, so I think I'm gonna go for it, I think I can hit level 20 over the weekend. It really helps that I'm enjoying the game so far.

Good luck! I'd be tempted to pick up trenched and go for it myself, if I wasn't moving this weekend. Really want to be playing dungeon fighter right now though, lol.

Well seeing as the Summer of Arcade is starting this week guess i'll be saving microsoft points until September. Most likely there will be repeat sales until the Summer of Arcade is over with.

:(

Wow, Dungeon Fighter is so blatantly... I want to say it's very anime, but that's not what anime has been. It feels like a parody of a kids fighting anime.

[quote name='lordrex217']Sure. When I get home tonight I'll send you a message.[/QUOTE]

I'll help too. I already have the achievement for 10 missions co-op, so I'm done with this week's challenge. We'll try for the gold levels.
One thing though, the game gives me motion sickness. I managed to make it through all those levels lat night somehow. Hopefully I can do the same tonight. Add me to the group if you wish: MrZombieChicken

.... and I STILL can't download Ninja Gaiden Black. I've deleted system cache, system profile, and talked to two different Xbox reps and the problem remains. Now they want to switch me to their "T3" team for further actions.

To those who are able to download Ninja Gaiden, how the heck are you doing it?

[quote name='RollingSkull']Wow, Dungeon Fighter is so blatantly... I want to say it's very anime, but that's not what anime has been. It feels like a parody of a kids fighting anime.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I kinda started the hype for that game and after playing the demo, im not impressed. Guardian Heroes is by far better than this game. I might bite when it hits 400 MSP

[quote name='Cage017'].... and I STILL can't download Ninja Gaiden Black. I've deleted system cache, system profile, and talked to two different Xbox reps and the problem remains. Now they want to switch me to their "T3" team for further actions.

To those who are able to download Ninja Gaiden, how the heck are you doing it?[/QUOTE]starting at the dashboard:
settings
system
storage
hard drive
games and apps
at the bottom you should see ninja gaiden black with a yellow exclamation. this is an unfinished (and possibly corrupt) download. delete this before you try to download it again.

other than those steps, sounds like you have tried everything i have done. i will reply if i think of anything else. good luck!

I'm up to level 11 in Dungeon Fighter. To be honest, it's starting to feel like a grind. There's just not quite enough variety for me, which I guess is true about most beat 'em ups (which has never been my favorite genre). I think if I can get another 4 or so levels tonight, I'll make it no problem.

For those that have done a Cheeve Challenge before, I just need to email them at the PlayXBLA address with my gamertag after I get this last achievement?

[quote name='tylerh1701']

For those that have done a Cheeve Challenge before, I just need to email them at the PlayXBLA address with my gamertag after I get this last achievement?[/QUOTE]

Yes

20$ for JoJo? What the hell o_O

I'll still buy it...but damn....does it have something extra or something? Or is it just overpriced due to all the hoops the likely had to go through for licensing.

That's my only guess. Like I said, Namco's making that new JoJo game for the PS3, so it seems that they should have the licensing for said series. Considering they probably were working on the game for some time, who knows what kind of legal stuff Capcom had to go through to get not only the license from Shonen Jump, but possibly Namco as well. I can't recall a time which two companies had the rights to the same franchise to make a game at the same time.

It was mentioned it'll have both the original graphics & upgraded HD visual, though not sure if that means just a filter or redrawn sprites), plus it sounds like it'll be a port of the Dreamcast version, considering one of the achievements involves beating Story or Challenge Mode w/o using any continues. Though they didn't say if it's based on the console or arcade version.

Hopefully, considering it's only a month away until release, we'll get some more info soon.

[quote name='dgwillia006']20$ for JoJo? What the hell o_O

I'll still buy it...but damn....does it have something extra or something? Or is it just overpriced due to all the hoops the likely had to go through for licensing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah $20 is ridiculous. I like the game, but I think I'm going to pass or wait till a sale. CAPCOM is getting quite bold lately and they are going to be losing customers by overcharging or of course, putting DLC on disc and charging us for them. :cry:

[quote name='Rollobobo']Yeah $20 is ridiculous. I like the game, but I think I'm going to pass or wait till a sale. CAPCOM is getting quite bold lately and they are going to be losing customers by overcharging or of course, putting DLC on disc and charging us for them. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was the only way for them to release the game at all. We don't know the details, so it's too early to condemn them for it. True HD redrawn graphics would certainly justify a bit of extra cost, even if it'll still be pricier than some people will pay for downloadable games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm up to level 11 in Dungeon Fighter. To be honest, it's starting to feel like a grind. There's just not quite enough variety for me, which I guess is true about most beat 'em ups (which has never been my favorite genre). I think if I can get another 4 or so levels tonight, I'll make it no problem.

For those that have done a Cheeve Challenge before, I just need to email them at the PlayXBLA address with my gamertag after I get this last achievement?[/QUOTE]

I stopped at level 10 lol. Game is repetitive as hell. I would be more motivated to finish it if we know, which games are the rewards. Don't want another Joe Danger copy haha.

[quote name='Sath666']I stopped at level 10 lol. Game is repetitive as hell. I would be more motivated to finish it if we know, which games are the rewards. Don't want another Joe Danger copy haha.[/QUOTE]

Ya, judging by what keeps showing up on the trade thread, the rewards have been awful.

That being said, I've always wanted to complete at least one of these Cheeve Challenges, and this is my best chance yet (well last week was my best chance, but I was out of town so I couldn't get the 1 Spelunky achievements I needed).

I'm at 15, pretty close to 16. I got a bitchin Katana which has made things a little bit more fun. But yes, it's repetitive. I wonder how close I am to the end.

I now understand the weekend cheeve challenge is really a challenge. I am already feeling the sting of the grind to level 20 on Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall of Hendon Myre. The grind, I kind of expected from a Korean MMO-ish game, but I am really noticing the "free to play"-ness quality, and even as a huge fan of brawler games, Dungeon Fighter still lacks for me.

Now I hope to get two more achievements from Iron Brigade on Sunday, and I hope they are not as time consuming. I feel it would be asking too much of a person to play 10 missions with me, so I guess it will have to be getting silver and gold on all the missions, which sounds like a pain especially when I am awful at tower defense games the first time I play them. Just a little over 24 more hours left and I don't want to tap out when I am just 2 achievements off. If I had known how time consuming the challenge was, I may have preferred to tackle my backlog at my normal pace.

[quote name='Zonic505']JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD finally officially confirmed. Coming August 22nd for 1,600 MSP.

Wonder why the high price. Part of me wants to wait, but considering it's licensed, who knows how long it'll stay up, especially with Namco making that All-Stars Battle game for PS3.[/QUOTE]

I do enjoy Jojo's, and I was quite hyped about the announcement. Yet now with the 1600MSP price, I am feeling the sting of my money no longer stretching far on Xbox. I already feel I made a bad decision on a uncommon purchase at full release price of Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall of Hendon Myre knowing I paid for a gimped version of a free game, which I learned recently I do not take as much enjoyment as someone told me I would of the game. I even passed on Spelunky, which is also a free to play gone paid on XBLA. I guess it is unfair for me to compare getting a 1600MSP card to buying an iTunes card, but I remember Bulletwitch had free costume DLC and stage remixes for 20MSP a stage, which made it seem like a Microsoft points card seem to allow me to get a lot. Now with XBLA titles and some DLC reaching price points of 1200MSP-1600MSP, my one 1600MSP card seems to tell me "you only get one thing."

In the end, it was my fault for making a bad gamble on a title to pay full release for. I may still go for Jojo's, just because it's Jojo's and I enjoyed it back in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back