XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='destro4eva']Boo-yah!!! Thanks for adding this! Downloading these now. Cirqus Voltaire is fan-freaking tastic.

2 tables are already on the disc, Funhouse and Medieval Madness. They should of made the new tables (Bride & Cirqus) bundled together so those that already have the disc, don't have to double dip.

Buying these regardless so hopefully we can see Twilight Zone, Monster Bash and others come down the pipe soon.[/QUOTE]

All four of the DLC packs released/announced thus far include one new table and one from the PHOF disc. This way everyone with the disc pays $10 for two new tables instead of $5 for one pack with both. An intentional sales tactic, but then again, games like Pinball Arcade don't have large audiences to begin with, so this is one sure way to make more $. They know us diehard pinball fans will support them no matter what.

[quote name='lockarm']If RollingSkull's spoiler is fake, I'll apologize and take it all back. If true, I'll never hear from him again. On the message boards of the web, I have a zero tolerance policy about spoilers.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's totally fake, I beat the game last week and he's pulling your leg.

Is Deadlight really as awful as everyone is saying it is? I had a blast with the trial and am thinking of picking it up tomorrow. The only thing that bothers me is how short people are saying it is, but if a game is short it doesn't really bother me as long as the experience was worth it.

Played the demo for Deadlight tonight and it felt like the demo for War of the Worlds (which seems to play similar to Limbo).... I enjoyed both, but I'll wait for sales.

I also started playing Lara Croft Guardian of Light this week to see if I want the DLC, and even though I'm enjoying the game I think this run through (plus once more in co-op) will be enough for me.

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']Is Deadlight really as awful as everyone is saying it is? I had a blast with the trial and am thinking of picking it up tomorrow. The only thing that bothers me is how short people are saying it is, but if a game is short it doesn't really bother me as long as the experience was worth it.[/QUOTE]

I'm totally broken recording but read my review

It's got a good story and great graphics, the voice acting is horrible, the game can be beaten under 2 hours easy.

The game is split into 3 parts, the first part is great, the second part is poor, the third part is bad. You're only playing the "good" part for 20-30 mins maximum, probably can cut it down to 12-15 mins if you're not looking for collectables.

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']Is Deadlight really as awful as everyone is saying it is? I had a blast with the trial and am thinking of picking it up tomorrow. The only thing that bothers me is how short people are saying it is, but if a game is short it doesn't really bother me as long as the experience was worth it.[/QUOTE]

I've put about an hour in and I'm a little ways into the 2nd act. I've had fun with it so far, but it's nothing special at all, nor is it challenging. I'm actually finding it kind of sterile. Couldn't really care less about the story, the zombies are super plain, and even the setting really isn't doing anything for me.

If the game is seriously only another hour long, then them charging 1200 for it is ridiculous.

[quote name='seppuku']Played the demo for Deadlight tonight and it felt like the demo for War of the Worlds (which seems to play similar to Limbo).... I enjoyed both, but I'll wait for sales.

I also started playing Lara Croft Guardian of Light this week to see if I want the DLC, and even though I'm enjoying the game I think this run through (plus once more in co-op) will be enough for me.[/QUOTE]

2 run throughs of the game should be way more than enough. It's a really big game, and even though it's fun throughout, I was very ready to be done with it after my first playthrough and collectibles cleanup.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
Anyone want to spoil the story of Deadlight for me?
I know I'll never play it but I'm curious about the twist ending that a few reviews have mentioned.
[/QUOTE]

He goes to DisneyWorld!

[quote name='lockarm']If RollingSkull's spoiler is fake, I'll apologize and take it all back. If true, I'll never hear from him again. On the message boards of the web, I have a zero tolerance policy about spoilers.[/QUOTE]

On new games I can see, I posted something on RE2, I dunno a year or two ago and someone had a fit, I was like seriously....you haven't had time to play a game that came out in 1998 for crying out loud, there, has to be a line drawn sometime, ya know...like if it's been out 2 years give or take, at that time, it should be fair game. Even though some of our backlogs are almost 2 decades at this point, the point still remains, how long is too long before you can talk about something without someone flipping their wig off talking about a games plot points...?

[quote name='uncle5555']On new games I can see, I posted something on RE2, I dunno a year or two ago and someone had a fit, I was like seriously....you haven't had time to play a game that came out in 1998 for crying out loud, there, has to be a line drawn sometime, ya know...like if it's been out 2 years give or take, at that time, it should be fair game. Even though some of our backlogs are almost 2 decades at this point, the point still remains, how long is too long before you can talk about something without someone flipping their wig off talking about a games plot points...?[/QUOTE]

Idk I think there should be a note for spoiler warnings cause I mean it'd be the same thing with movies. There's plenty of great movies I haven't seen cause I get caught up with newer stuff but still always want to go back to others. If I happen to run across a post that tells me the ending or whatever then I can get kinda upset. With that in mind, I've played RE2, 3, 4, 5 but never played the original lol. Always wanted to play the gamecube version but never got around to it (and now don't own a gamecube anymore).

Ha! I've never seen anyone with a negative feedback score before.

Also, I have no doubt the morons who run the XBL Rewards program screwed up the details. They always manage to.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Did they delete the post with the list of eligible content? yamayama's link points to a "Group Not Found" message.[/QUOTE]

It's still in that forum somewhere. It has just been buried by a shit-ton of posts from morons who don't understand that they A) Need 100 points before anything will deposit and B) deposits are made in the middle of the month.

[quote name='Outinthedark']Ha! I've never seen anyone with a negative feedback score before.[/QUOTE]

LOL

[quote name='GUNNM']How long until we need thumb print ID to log on?[/QUOTE]
Smart glass use with phone and tablet is right around the corner...

[quote name='tylerh1701']It's still in that forum somewhere. It has just been buried by a shit-ton of posts from morons who don't understand that they A) Need 100 points before anything will deposit and B) deposits are made in the middle of the month.

LOL[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bumping my post in the rewards forums Tyler. I'm going to buy the game anyways since it goes to charity but it would have been nice to know if it counted towards the rewards so I could buy something else that's 800 or more MSP...

[quote name='yamayama']Thanks for bumping my post in the rewards forums Tyler. I'm going to buy the game anyways since it goes to charity but it would have been nice to know if it counted towards the rewards so I could buy something else that's 800 or more MSP...[/QUOTE]

Bumped it up for you to.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It's still in that forum somewhere. It has just been buried by a shit-ton of posts...[/QUOTE]
Is it? Doesn't appear to be stickied anymore. And, not showing up in my forums favorites either.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Are other people still having issues with the Chain Reaction this week? Tried a few times to get UNO and still no luck.[/QUOTE]

I tried as well this afternoon and no luck.

Edit: Just tried again, and this time I deleted Uno off of my hard drive. Still pops up with the "offer not available" error.

[quote name='cthomer5000']That's what Valve says. I'll believe it when i see it.[/QUOTE]
According to their twitter they still stick to friday but the time will be random.

[quote name='GUNNM']According to their twitter they still stick to friday but the time will be random.[/QUOTE]

it will be out by the time you wake up. Now I can only hope no ahcievements are added.

[quote name='NoDAK']Is it? Doesn't appear to be stickied anymore. And, not showing up in my forums favorites either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not stickied anymore though you're right.

I'll dig up the link and post it tomorrow.

Would it be worth it to buy a used L4D2 then the 560msp dlc. It like like 2 games in one right?

Too bad I never really got into L4D games. Class3 sounds so awesome. Look it up.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Would it be worth it to buy a used L4D2 then the 560msp dlc. It like like 2 games in one right?

Too bad I never really got into L4D games. Class3 sounds so awesome. Look it up.[/QUOTE]
So you never got into the L4D games yet, you're asking if you should buy the game.

Huh. I Kinda think you answered your own question.

I just bought the Tomb Raider Underworld DLC. Is the Lara Croft: Guardian of Light DLC worth it at this price? I'm not sure if challenge maps and Legacy of Kain characters are worth $2.50 each ($7.50 if I buy all three).

I did enjoy Soul Reaver on the Dreamcast though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What do Bionic Commando, Missile Command, Command & Conquer, Commanders: Attack of the Genos, Pinball FX/Arcade, Wing Commander, Wolf of the Battlefield, TNT Racers, etc. have to do with sports? I also thought the Fire Pro Wrestling game wasn't out yet or may have even been cancelled at this point, but it counts if you have a time machine.[/QUOTE]
Here's how the list works. Pay very close attention, because I'll explain it once ...

ePrize, LLC is a very big Marketing agency. They do everything from Xbox Live Marketplace to casserole dinners, and whatever is between those 2 extremes. ePrize also knows how to run reward programs, so regardless if you're sending in UPC symbols or clicking on ads, they can count you!

ePrize also runs the Rewards program for Xbox Marketplace because once an ad campaign starts, Xbox folks won't touch it, because that ship has already sailed, and all attention is shifted to plan the next great ad campaign to pull in point-motivated gamers ... like the "Sales & Specials+" app (smirk!).

ePrize puts some junior DBA on the project. They're told "scrape everything that's been defined in the system", and don't spend time whether or not it's released, whether or not it costs points, or whether or not you get 100% of the items in your SQL query, as long as it's an effort ... but don't expect the junior DBA to know anything about games. So this person pulls all games in the "Strategy and Simulation" group (because everyone knows "chess" is a sport, right?), and while doing so, also grabs the strategy games like "Command & Conquer". But then this person, thinking they're helping gamers, says "uh oh, it grabbed 'Command & Conquer' which must be a sports game, so I'd better also grab anything with 'command' in it!", and so "Bionic Commando" gets sucked in.

And remember how I said ePrize knows as much about casseroles as they do Xbox Live? Well, how would a mega-corporation counting UPC symbols know what games are out there vs. what's coming in 2 weeks?

They don't.

So they let the junior DBA grab everything relevant from the list of titles, including games with 0 purchases, like "NBA Live 11". Nobody really cares that much, because it's impossible for you to SPEND on it, and it's far more important they're all-inclusive rather than too-restrictive, otherwise you end up like those who didn't get credit for buying the Batman avatar suit from "The Dark Knight Rises", because it wasn't available at the start of July, and now their team has to do all that research to see who bought it to verify that they qualify for the measly 240pt reward ... so save money on labor, and just include as much as you can. And if a few extra get in like "Conflict: Denied Ops", then that's good for the gamers, nobody at ePrize has to spend countless hours researching games ... when they'd rather be at home making soup, or at a bar celebrating "Thursday", or gossiping about the Kardashians ... and everybody wins.

So I hope that explains a little bit about the world of large companies hiring specialized companies to do their "rewards" programs, even if the results are less than understandable. :)

Anyone picking up BFBC2 or who has it and wants to play it online, drop me an XBL invite (ianoid). My hours to play are weird, but dammit if I don't really want to take a BF3 break with some BFBC2. Miss that game online! It has some awesome maps, including vietnam. Wish they'd release all those for BF3 as an expansion.

[quote name='Outinthedark']Ha! I've never seen anyone with a negative feedback score before.[/QUOTE]
I'm not proud of it. I welched on a bunch of lowball bids because I was too busy being emo and overreacting to some real life personal nonsense.

[quote name='NoDAK']Is it? Doesn't appear to be stickied anymore. And, not showing up in my forums favorites either.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, it's not stickied anymore though you're right.

I'll dig up the link and post it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Here it is, it works for me anyway.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_rewards_support/f/29/t/302283.aspx

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I'm not proud of it. I welched on a bunch of lowball bids because I was too busy being emo and overreacting to some real life personal nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Good on ya for taking personal responsibility for your mistakes. It's a rare trait.

[quote name='Outinthedark']For anyone thinking about picking up Deadlight. I completed the game with 85% of the collectables in 2:01:57. Quite short but the experience is well worth it. Great story arc and finale.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you beat me. I was at 84% at the 2:05:13 mark when I beat it. I still have to go back and find the rest of the collectibles.

I don't think that time includes cutscenes, and I know it doesn't include time spent going back to pick up all the collectibles. Overall I think Deadlight will take about 3 1/2 - 4 hours of gaming to complete 100% and get all the achievements and avatar awards.

I'd disagree with most here, in that I thought the 2nd Act was a lot better than the first. But to me the game was really mundane. There was never any challenge, no progression, and the story never did that much for me. The game was never bad, but it doesn't do anything special. It's completely average, which was surprising because in the past SoA has done a good job highlighting the top tier of gaming on XBLA.

I'd probably recommend it if it ever goes on sale for 600msp or less, but 1200 is highway robbery.

For those discussing Deadlight completion time, the leaderboards do not include deaths.

I.E. if you play for 22 seconds and get to a checkpoint, every time you respawn at that checkpoint, your time resets to those 22 seconds. So yeah, if you spend 10 seconds on getting from the checkpoint to the end of the chapter, your recorded time will be 32 seconds - even if you spent 10 hours dying/idling before you completed the chapter.

[quote name='Terrificy']For those discussing Deadlight completion time, the leaderboards do not include deaths.

I.E. if you play for 22 seconds and get to a checkpoint, every time you respawn at that checkpoint, your time resets to those 22 seconds. So yeah, if you spend 10 seconds on getting from the checkpoint to the end of the chapter, your recorded time will be 32 seconds - even if you spent 10 hours dying/idling before you completed the chapter.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty sure about this, but not positive. Still, most players should be able to complete everything in 4 hours (real time, not in game time) easy.

[quote name='GUNNM']Still no L4D2 maybe next friday? :)[/QUOTE]
fuck me, are you serious?? I just got home with a MS points card, was excited to download it today.:cry:

[quote name='tylerh1701']I was pretty sure about this, but not positive. Still, most players should be able to complete everything in 4 hours (real time, not in game time) easy.[/QUOTE]

Without looking up any collectibles I imagine my 100% time was a little under this. I finished at 85% and 1:48. Anyone using a guide can probably complete this game in 2.5-3 hours. It's good for people who love points.

[quote name='Brother Daz']fuck me, are you serious?? I just got home with a MS points card, was excited to download it today.:cry:[/QUOTE]

its showing up on the game's menu. They said some shit about depending on where yu live, it could be releasing at different times. I dunno. Since I cant find a used copy anywhere for cheap, this might become my first mahor GOD purchase (aside from $5 PoP :applause:).

[quote name='Royal High Knight']its showing up on the game's menu. They said some shit about depending on where yu live, it could be releasing at different times. I dunno. Since I cant find a used copy anywhere for cheap, this might become my first mahor GOD purchase (aside from $5 PoP :applause:).[/QUOTE]
oh ok, thanks. I had trouble finding a used copy for cheap also. Decided to just buy it new from walmart a couple days ago for $30. Still pissed off at myself for selling my $10 copy from black friday.

In regards to L4D2 somebody in the xbox forums mentioned the tweet from the dev team supposedly being a typo and it should have said 2pm. Since they are on the west coast, I am giving it till 5pm tonight before I completely give up hope on today.

[quote name='Cornelius']Here's how the list works. Pay very close attention, because I'll explain it once ...
So I hope that explains a little bit about the world of large companies hiring specialized companies to do their "rewards" programs, even if the results are less than understandable. :)[/QUOTE]

Nicely said, Cornelius! BTW, I had the pleasure of meeting Cornelius here last week and he's a very smart guy. I only wish we'd gotten more than one picture together because I totally blinked in the one that random guy took!

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I'm not proud of it. I welched on a bunch of lowball bids because I was too busy being emo and overreacting to some real life personal nonsense.[/QUOTE]

You could also apologize to the people you inconvenienced. Would be the right thing to do.

Just downloaded cold stream form the downloads menu on left 4 dead 2. Also it's free :D It's a 1.34gb download. Don't know if it was supposed to be free or not but better download it now if it is a mistake.

Edit, It stops at 99% and says the download can't complete. :/ Guess we have to wait for it to work still.

[quote name='Insane dead']Just downloaded cold stream form the downloads menu on left 4 dead 2. Also it's free :D It's a 1.34gb download. Don't know if it was supposed to be free or not but better download it now if it is a mistake.[/QUOTE]

Just got it for free too awesome stuff.

EDIT: Some errors right now, but went ahead and made a post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back