XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pumped about the sale! I just got KoA for $10 and now I can get the DLC for another $10. Sweet.

[quote name='bh47']38 Studios has closed and is not even patching the game anymore, what are the odds EA will look to produce a GOTY edition for a game that has not sold to their expectations, when they haven't put out GOTY for Mass Effect or Dead Space games?[/QUOTE]

Everything I've heard is that the game sold well, actually. It was their ongoing money pit of an MMO that they were working on that put 38 Studios out of business, not KoA. Still, I doubt we'll see a GOTY because the game itself is even out of print now due to all of the issues with the studio.

I'm hoping we'll see a sequel one day. From what I understand the state of Rhode Island pretty much owns 38 Studios now (38 Studios owes them a ton of money) and maybe they'd look to sell trademarks, assets, etc. to another developer or to EA itself.

Epic owns Big Huge Games (who made Reckoning but was owned by 38 Studios after 38 acquired them from THQ a few years ago.) Rhode Island owns the Amalur IP after 38 Studios defaulted. EA published Reckoning, but Take Two was making a play at Reckoning 2 before the RI Gov. made the comments about how bad 38 Studios' situation was, and T2 left the bargaining table.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Iron Brogade got reduced to 800. Still seems a tad high for me. Has this hit 600? Im on the fence...[/QUOTE]

I think someone said a few pages back it was at 600 for a DOTW.

EDIT:

[quote name='MagmaOasis']I think 800 is a fair price for Iron Brigade. It's a good game. I got it for 600 myself.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Iron Brogade got reduced to 800. Still seems a tad high for me. Has this hit 600? Im on the fence...[/QUOTE]

Also, get acquainted with www.xbldb.com and it will answer all your questions about previous sales.

[quote name='matrix9280']Does it really count as a deal if you have to buy Xbox Live gold for it?[/QUOTE]
Obvious twat is obvious

Waits for my post to be deleted... again :roll:

[quote name='MSUHitman']Epic owns Big Huge Games (who made Reckoning but was owned by 38 Studios after 38 acquired them from THQ a few years ago.) Rhode Island owns the Amalur IP after 38 Studios defaulted. EA published Reckoning, but Take Two was making a play at Reckoning 2 before the RI Gov. made the comments about how bad 38 Studios' situation was, and T2 left the bargaining table.[/QUOTE]

Minor correction, Epic didn't buy Big Huge Games. They just hired some of the old employees to start a new studio.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Obvious twat is obvious

Waits for my post to be deleted... again :roll:[/QUOTE]

LOL probably because you're (I'm assuming) British, and words like
twat
and
cunt
have far more vicious connotations to Americans.

[quote name='destro4eva']Anybody who has played K. of Amular tried out the DLC yet? Curious 2 which DLC to get as I only have 400 points.[/QUOTE]

I played through both DLC last month and had a blast. I enjoyed playing through both of them and though they were both worth it. Personally, I liked the Legend of Dead Kel more. Compared to Teeth of Naros, Dead Kel had more caves/dungeon areas to explore. Teeth of Naros had only one dungeon area that wasn't part of the main quest along with a few areas in the sewers.

Also in Dead Kel you get a Keep as a new house along along with recruiting people to fill in roles at the keep. One can train beasts to be a pets which also give you stat increases in skills, one scavenges shipwrecks and brings backs items (sometimes unique armor and weapons), and another restores paintings that also give stat increases. Once the keep in fully restored, you can sit on the throne and listen to petitions which are just quests. There are also quite a few side quests you can find around the island. Also Captain Brattigan's dialogue is hilarious. :lol:

Teeth of Naros was interesting with the new Kollossea race and it also had a lot of side quests along with the main quest line. Also it had a new city area. Both DLC had alot of new unique armor and weapons. My shadowcaster used the new Privateer Armor and chakrams from Dead Kel.

If anyone gets Dead Kel, there are a couple things about I would like to warn you about. If you happen to want to get the entire unique mage armor called Children of Erathell, as soon as you can go to Souldeep Fasting there is a guard to the right of the entrance that has the boots. Just pickpocket them (use a phase walk potion if you need to) because later in the main quest you should be able to get them but there is a glitch that will make it impossible to pick up unless you have an earlier save. In the Dark Harbor quest, you can get an optional side quest if you successfully persuade a certain character (right before the cave entrance). If you really want to do the quest and get the unique medallion just make a save before the quest. Also the last dungeon area of the main quest line, Akara-Tor, make a save before you go in. You cannot go back in there afterwards and that area has a lot of chests and loot so make sure you have a lot of inventory space. In my game I found parts of unique armor and weapons from the main game when I went through there. Also in the Teeth of Naros, I think you can’t go back into the Hyperian Temple after the main quest line.

[quote name='tylerh1701']LOL probably because you're (I'm assuming) British, and words like
twat
and
cunt
have far more vicious connotations to Americans.[/QUOTE]

:lol:
Really?? I didn't thing those words were worse over the pond, but I find many points can be driven home with profanity such as that.

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']To anyone on the fence about picking up the two KoA DLC's. Get them. I paid 800 msp each for them and would do it again. I preferred The Legend of Dead Kel but both were very good. This game is great and hopefully someone will pick it up to make a sequel.[/QUOTE]

I was going to snap them up until I hit some reviews up and then my interest waned pretty badly. Plus from people who put 40-50 hours into the main game, said the pay off for getting them just wasn't there, (even though they are nice to look at) and that they were just ignoring side quests in the main game just because there was too much content(?!?) in the main game and they just soldiered on and pushed to get to the end so they wouldn't get burned out.

I was all excited to grab'em too since my Gold expires today, but now, not so much.

I'm the same way, if something starts feeling like its dragging on by the 30-40 hour mark then another 10 hours of DLC isn't something that I'd be interested in, regardless of how good the game is, sounds like a complete product without the DLC. Who knows I might change my mind, but still too much of a good thing, ya...

For those interested in some reviews for both...here ya go. ;)

http://www.destructoid.com/review-amalur-reckoning-the-legend-of-dead-kel-224522.phtml

http://www.destructoid.com/review-kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-teeth-of-naros-226441.phtml

Slipped on the TR Underworld and GH/DJ Hero DLC. Piss. I've been in the habit of seeing what Bing points I can scrape up before biting on these deals, forgetting about the Bing points, forgetting about the deals, kicking myself... rinse, repeat.

Not passing on the Reckoning DLC though. I just started the game a few days ago and - surprisingly generic setting aside - it's been pretty damned fun. It does seem like there is TOO MUCH to do at times, but at least the opposite can't be said. I obsess over going through every dialogue line, every quest, everything in games like these, but I've been skipping a lot of the small talk since there is so much questing and ass-kicking that beckons.

I just bought the DLC for KOA last week at 800 ms pts. As much as I would love 800 points back im not too diappointed since the DLC and the game itself is amazing. If you enjoy the game get the DLC if you dont like the game then dont. Its simple. Don't listen to a "review". Reviews are stupid. A true gamer doesnt just look at reviews. Especially since half the time these "reviews" are by people who dont even play games and are just writers.

So I was looking at the DLC for SR3 and if I was someone who bought the Season pass I would have been pissed. It may have been the worst Season Pass as far value is concerned. You saved $4 off the individual price of the DLC ($24 total). So glad I waited for a sale. It would seem most of the content is already on disk as far as the character and cheats DLC. The only stuff not on disk are:

-Genkibowl VII 123.56 MB
-Gangstas in Space 261.37 MB
-The Trouble with Clones 121.96 MB
-Steelport Gangs Pack 261.37 MB
-Penthouse Pack 261.37 MB
-Witches & Wieners 121.96 MB
-Genki Girl Pack 261.37 MB
-Horror Pack 261.37 MB

Not sure why many of those DLCs are the same size but the total amount of downloadable content is 1.67 GB. The install size for the game is 7.0 GB meaning a GOTY would be almost 9 GB? Anyway, my intended point was a GOTY might not be in the works just because it might require 2 disks. They may be able to compress some of this though to fit on one. Not sure if having 2 disk will discourage a GOTY or not.

Any reason to get the KoA Bonus Armor Pack? Will they pretty much end up useless after 5 hours of play?

Edit: Looks like the weapons and armor will scale to your current level and then never scale again. So I am going to say no buy.

[quote name='sicsonic']Remember that Counter-Strike: GO comes out in a few weeks, and that will most likely kill Hybrid's multiplayer community. But even if it doesn't, the community won't last long. They never do for shooters on XBLA.[/QUOTE]
Summer of Arcade shooters tend to have much better communities than those that are released outside of it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it does better than Counter-Strike.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Kingdoms DLC is the DotW?!?!

I just wanted to pop in to say FRAK YEAH! First DotW in FOREVER that I'm all over! What a great surprise![/QUOTE]

That's pretty close to what my reaction was. I was just saying to myself less than 48 hours ago, "I'd love to see this DLC on sale, too bad I'll be waiting forever, hooray!"

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Summer of Arcade shooters tend to have much better communities than those that are released outside of it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it does better than Counter-Strike.[/QUOTE]

There's only been one, right? MNC?

As someone stated above me, it's been 600. So I'll wait until it goes on sale again for 600 or maybe even 400.

I have to say, while the KoA DLC is nice (I plan to get it even though I don't have the game yet), I'm pretty disappointed that no games other than Bejeweled 3 are on sale. Is it just because of the Summer of Arcade stuff going on? The past few months have been nothing after nothing that interest me. Plus, I'm concerned with no new avatar stuff. Only because I dig those stupid little turds and I fear that maybe Microsoft will start backing away from them like they did premium themes because the 'Next'Box won't use avatars as they are now. Just a paranoid thought from a hardcore Xbox fanboy. -end rant-

[quote name='cancerman1120']Any reason to get the KoA Bonus Armor Pack? Will they pretty much end up useless after 5 hours of play?

Edit: Looks like the weapons and armor will scale to your current level and then never scale again. So I am going to say no buy.[/QUOTE]
You can buy it now, but wait to open the chest until you're a higher level.

[quote name='tylerh1701']There's only been one, right? MNC?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but it shows that shooters not named Battlefield can do well on XBLA in a good promotional spot.

You absolutely don't need the extra weapons and armor in KoA at all, especially if you're getting the two expansions. I had more problems managing the heaps and heaps of excellent and/or unique gear I found in the game than I did with anything else. The game is a lootfest as it is.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I was looking at the DLC for SR3 and if I was someone who bought the Season pass I would have been pissed. It may have been the worst Season Pass as far value is concerned. You saved $4 off the individual price of the DLC ($24 total). So glad I waited for a sale. It would seem most of the content is already on disk as far as the character and cheats DLC. The only stuff not on disk are:

-Genkibowl VII 123.56 MB
-Gangstas in Space 261.37 MB
-The Trouble with Clones 121.96 MB
-Steelport Gangs Pack 261.37 MB
-Penthouse Pack 261.37 MB
-Witches & Wieners 121.96 MB
-Genki Girl Pack 261.37 MB
-Horror Pack 261.37 MB

Not sure why many of those DLCs are the same size but the total amount of downloadable content is 1.67 GB. The install size for the game is 7.0 GB meaning a GOTY would be almost 9 GB? Anyway, my intended point was a GOTY might not be in the works just because it might require 2 disks. They may be able to compress some of this though to fit on one. Not sure if having 2 disk will discourage a GOTY or not.[/QUOTE]

Stuff with the same size are just activation keys tied to the same content drop. Those packs all have each other and they aren't redownloaded.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Stuff with the same size are just activation keys tied to the same content drop. Those packs all have each other and they aren't redownloaded.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was something like that. Wonderful that DLC now has DLC inside of itself.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Summer of Arcade shooters tend to have much better communities than those that are released outside of it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it does better than Counter-Strike.[/QUOTE]

That's your opinion, but my opinion is that you're crazy. There's no way Hybrid's community will be bigger then C-S', even when you consider most of the community plays on the PC over the 360 anyway.

[quote name='sicsonic']That's your opinion, but my opinion is that you're crazy. There's no way Hybrid's community will be bigger then C-S', even when you consider most of the community plays on the PC over the 360 anyway.[/QUOTE]

It's not even that but just how awful Hybrid is.

Played the beta for about 15 minutes before deleting it from my hard drive.

Hybrid makes Nexuiz look like Monday Night Combat.

20% off for Radiant Silvergun? That's a pussy ass discount but I'll still probably grab it. Man I wish they did more 50% discounts on the "loser" games for the scratch and match app.

Amalur this week and Deus Ex next week is awesome. I haven't bought stuff on sale two weeks in a row in a while.
I imagine most people have the Deus Ex DLC though so Saint's Row will be the big topic next week.

[quote name='sicsonic']That's your opinion, but my opinion is that you're crazy. There's no way Hybrid's community will be bigger then C-S', even when you consider most of the community plays on the PC over the 360 anyway.[/QUOTE]
Of the three versions, the XBLA version is getting the least amount of promotion at the moment, which puts it at a disadvantage compared to the Summer of Arcade title that is getting plenty of it.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Thank god Deus Ex DLC is FINALLY on sale again, been holding out for 50%![/QUOTE]

Agreed! I passed on it the last time it was on sale but I wont make that mistake again.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Epic owns Big Huge Games (who made Reckoning but was owned by 38 Studios after 38 acquired them from THQ a few years ago.) Rhode Island owns the Amalur IP after 38 Studios defaulted. EA published Reckoning, but Take Two was making a play at Reckoning 2 before the RI Gov. made the comments about how bad 38 Studios' situation was, and T2 left the bargaining table.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget the massive senior management at that DEVELOPER, including VP's of Marketing, Sales, Business Development, etc ... and whole departments of people who didn't do software development. For a game development company, they sure looked like they were trying to be an instant publisher, or at least head out on their own once "KoA: Reckoning" broke all the sales charts. :)

So is the Sales and Special App not worth to get due to some bug? I dont have any of the Bioshock 2 DLC and thought it was a good deal.

Question about Ikaruga -

Is it beatable for an average (or worse) shmup player like me to get through Ikaruga (i.e. are there infinite lives or infinite continues or anything)?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Question about Ikaruga -

Is it beatable for an average (or worse) shmup player like me to get through Ikaruga (i.e. are there infinite lives or infinite continues or anything)?[/QUOTE]

You start off with limited continues. Each hour you've played gives you an additional continue to use per game. After 8 hours of gameplay you unlock unlimited continues.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']I just bought the DLC for KOA last week at 800 ms pts. As much as I would love 800 points back im not too diappointed since the DLC and the game itself is amazing. If you enjoy the game get the DLC if you dont like the game then dont. Its simple. Don't listen to a "review". Reviews are stupid. A true gamer doesnt just look at reviews. Especially since half the time these "reviews" are by people who dont even play games and are just writers.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know where to begin with this one... :wall:

[quote name='abhinav']I don't even know where to begin with this one... :wall:[/QUOTE]
I Imagine him going on about how science is a tool of the devil next.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Question about Ikaruga -

Is it beatable for an average (or worse) shmup player like me to get through Ikaruga (i.e. are there infinite lives or infinite continues or anything)?[/QUOTE]

I bought it a while ago and noticed I couldn't get past the first or second stage. I don't know, maybe I was binge drinking that week.

This week's DOTW are actually decent, though half off a dead studio's DLC doesn't really qualify as a deal in my mind.

Kingdoms of Amalur is a really fun game, played through it with the Chakrams whatnot. Very fun and easy to get into.

[quote name='c2thaj']

Hybrid makes Nexuiz look like Monday Night Combat.[/QUOTE]

Yikes, that's scary. Because Nexuiz might be once of the worst XBLA games ever released. I'd rather play Yaris.

[quote name='Thrinn']You start off with limited continues. Each hour you've played gives you an additional continue to use per game. After 8 hours of gameplay you unlock unlimited continues.[/QUOTE]

Cool. That sounds pretty fair. I will NEED infinite continues to beat the game.

[quote name='abhinav']I don't even know where to begin with this one... :wall:[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah it was absolutely awful.

I am surprised the DLC for Amalur. I just finished the game this weekend, so it is great getting the DLC now...just when I thought it was safe to move away from dealing with Fae.

Edit: what is wrong with Microsoft? They made me update my info yet it will take them a month to implement those changes.

Picking up the KoA dlc(but not the weapon bundle) and the SR3 stuff. Don't have either game yet, but I'll get em eventually. Oh the backlog grows once again.....

[quote name='bardockkun']I Imagine him going on about how science is a tool of the devil next.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. :D Yes, that guy's comment was pretty crazy (and insulting).

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Going to pick up the KoA DLC this week. Now I just have to find a cheap copy of the game itself...[/QUOTE]

Best Buy? $10 if you're a Gamer's Club Unlocked member. $15 if not, since you'll have to buy the magazine to get the coupon.

[quote name='Tsel']Best Buy? $10 if you're a Gamer's Club Unlocked member. $15 if not, since you'll have to buy the magazine to get the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Knew about the $10 for unlocked, didn't know I could snag for $15 without. Might be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back