XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those wanting a quick list of stuff on sale.....Discount prices not showing up on xbox.com yet. Can't wait!! I'm gonna be so broke this week :)

Deal of the Week
  • Rayman 3 HD
  • Sine Mora
  • Alan Wake's American Nightmare
  • Limbo
  • Babel Rising
  • Mad Riders
Back to School sale
  • Rock of Ages
  • Stacking
  • Warp
  • Mortal Kombat Arcade
  • Simpson's Arcade
  • Bloodforge
  • Pinball FX 2
  • Sonic Hedgehog Episode I
  • Sonic Hedgehog Episode II
  • Rocket Riot
  • 3D Ultra Minigolf
  • Assault Heroes
  • Assault Heroes 2
  • Carcassone
  • Geometry Wars Evolved 2
  • Raskulls
  • Sam & Max I
  • Sam & Max II
  • Plus a ton of DLC for Tiger Woods 12, Transformers WFC, Joe Danger, Forza 4, etc.

Nice, that's how you should do the deals. In for Rayman 3, Core tables for Pinball FX2 and probably something else. Would like to pick up Stacking, but man played the demo and i got motion sickness after 10 minutes. :(

[quote name='Sath666']Nice, that's how you should do the deals. In for Rayman 3, Core tables for Pinball FX2 and probably something else. Would like to pick up Stacking, but man played the demo and i got motion sickness after 10 minutes. :([/QUOTE]

You hear that about Stacking quite a bit actually. I guess it's the way the doll jumps around everywhere?

fuck...I just bought the rangers pack for Metro 2033...I know it'll only be a 120 point savings at the most,but it still sucks since I haven't even used it yet.

[quote name='biledriver']You hear that about Stacking quite a bit actually. I guess it's the way the doll jumps around everywhere?[/QUOTE]

It's just how the game runs and camera movement. It makes me sick. :(

I have this problem with only few games - this one, Valve titles (HL2, Portal).

[quote name='biledriver']You hear that about Stacking quite a bit actually. I guess it's the way the doll jumps around everywhere?[/QUOTE]
I think it's more the way the doll waddles around. It took me a few minutes to get used to it but then I was fine.

And here's the DLC add ons which are part of the "Back to School" sale. Achievement notes in there for achievement hunters who care like me :)

DLC Add-Ons
Forza 4 Porsche Expansion - ?? MSP (% off) *additional 250 achievement points attainable
Tiger Woods 13: 11 Course Pack - ?? MSP (% off)
Joe Danger: Showtime Content Pack - ?? MSP (% off)
Pinball FX2: Marvel Pack - ?? MSP (% off) *additional 200 achievement points attainable
Metro 2033: Ranger Pack - ?? MSP (% off) *additional 240 achievement points attainable
GH3: Metallica Death Magnetic Album - ?? MSP (% off)
Transformer WFC: Map & Character Pack 2 - ?? MSP (% off)
Transformer WFC: Map & Character Pack 2 - ?? MSP (% off)

F** the avatar shit that's on sale. If someone wants to post that stuff, please do so. I ain't doing it

[quote name='emg28']I think it's more the way the doll waddles around. It took me a few minutes to get used to it but then I was fine.[/QUOTE]

Yea that's what I was trying to describe but failed. The weird waddle movement as you walk seems to be the only thing different from most games but I have definitely read other threads about Stacking giving people fits.

Definitely wouldn't push it for any game but if you were really hung up on playing you could take ginger pills I suppose.

[quote name='Cornelius']Ha ... funny ... not. The DOTW has already been posted, and no game publisher would distract you with the current version when a new version is about to come out in 2 weeks. Keep working on that trolling! :)[/QUOTE]

Well excuse me! I obviously didn't see that the DotW had already been posted, probably because the thread was getting filled with posts about the Special Sale.
A sale on the Borderlands DLC would be a fine, easy promotion for Borderlands 2, like it or not.
Take it easy, dude.

Sales are going live--Sam & Max are 50% off! Years of waiting pay off!

Edit: Only disappointment for me is that Sine Mora is only down to 800 : /

[quote name='Dustinator']For those wanting a quick list of stuff on sale.....Discount prices not showing up on xbox.com yet. Can't wait!! I'm gonna be so broke this week :)

Deal of the Week
  • Rayman 3 HD - 400msp (was 800)
  • Sine Mora - 800msp (was 1200)
  • Alan Wake's American Nightmare - 600msp (was 1200)
  • Limbo - 600msp (was 1200)
  • Babel Rising - 400msp (was 800)
  • Mad Riders - 400msp (was 800)
Back to School sale
  • Rock of Ages - 400msp (was 800)
  • Stacking - 300msp (was 1200)
  • Warp - 400msp (was 800)
  • Mortal Kombat Arcade 400msp (was 800)
  • Simpson's Arcade 400msp (was 800)
  • Bloodforge - 600msp (was 1200)
  • Pinball FX 2
  • Sonic Hedgehog Episode I - 400msp (was 800)
  • Sonic Hedgehog Episode II - 600msp (was 1200)
  • Rocket Riot - 200msp (was 800)
  • 3D Ultra Minigolf - 200msp (was 400)
  • Assault Heroes - 200msp (was 400)
  • Assault Heroes 2 - 200msp (was 400)
  • Carcassone
  • Geometry Wars Evolved 2 - 400msp (was 800)
  • Raskulls
  • Sam & Max I - 800msp (was 1600)
  • Sam & Max II - 800msp (was 1600)
  • Plus a ton of DLC for Tiger Woods 12, Transformers WFC, Joe Danger, Forza 4, etc.
[/QUOTE]

Added some prices.

Ok, i'll get some pills while playing Stacking. It's only 300msp lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like XBLDB.com is picking up all the discounts now. New things worth noting -

• Splatters looks like it's the Family Gold Deal of the Week. It's down 50% off at 400 msp.
  • Kinect Central discount is the Just Dance 3 Spring Break Pack at 50%, down to 320 msp
  • More GH/DJ Hero discounts which probably will run for the usual two weeks on sale

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Was just checking the meta critic scores to see if Bloodforge was worth picking up and wow did it get some horrible scores...[/QUOTE]

That was probably before the patch.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Was just checking the meta critic scores to see if Bloodforge was worth picking up and wow did it get some horrible scores...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yamayama']That was probably before the patch.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've heard that a lot. Tyler can vouch for it being an awesome game. Finally picking up this game. My patience has paid off

Is anyone else having massive problems signing in to Live both on the website and console? I haven't been able to for hours and I'd like to pick up some of the great deals.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Is anyone else having massive problems signing in to Live both on the website and console? I haven't been able to for hours and I'd like to pick up some of the great deals.[/QUOTE]

I am getting the error page.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Sales are going live--Sam & Max are 50% off! Years of waiting pay off!

Edit: Only disappointment for me is that Sine Mora is only down to 800 : /[/QUOTE]

Haha me too! I fell in love with Sam & Max BS&T and have been waiting for the first season forever.

Yup error pages, I'll try again in the morning. Probably looking at getting Stacking, Geometry Wars 2 and one of the 200MSP games.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I literally just got disconnected from Live. I can't sign on Xbox.com at all.[/QUOTE]

Same. Thought my internet connection had gone done. :cold:

From xbox live status page -

XBOX LIVE Service
Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

• Signing into Xbox LIVE from an Xbox console
  • Signing into Xbox LIVE from Xbox.com

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience

This was one hour ago. Now cannot load the site at all.

[quote name='Dustinator']For those wanting a quick list of stuff on sale.....Discount prices not showing up on xbox.com yet. Can't wait!! I'm gonna be so broke this week :)

Deal of the Week
  • Rayman 3 HD
  • Sine Mora
  • Alan Wake's American Nightmare
  • Limbo
  • Babel Rising
  • Mad Riders
Back to School sale
  • Rock of Ages
  • Stacking
  • Warp
  • Mortal Kombat Arcade
  • Simpson's Arcade
  • Bloodforge
  • Pinball FX 2
  • Sonic Hedgehog Episode I
  • Sonic Hedgehog Episode II
  • Rocket Riot
  • 3D Ultra Minigolf
  • Assault Heroes
  • Assault Heroes 2
  • Carcassone
  • Geometry Wars Evolved 2
  • Raskulls
  • Sam & Max I
  • Sam & Max II
[/QUOTE]

sweet, I wanted a ton of these things and I'm sure I can afford a lot of it with my 600 msp :( ugh, time to bump my trading thread not gonna have money for everything I wanted before the sales are over unless Bing glitches and gives me 239349383 points

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Crap. With the long holiday weekend, I forgot about the AC:R DLC. Can't get on Live, guess I'm S.O.L. on getting those?[/QUOTE]

the deals usually last a bit for Tuesday, unsure how long

figured out what I want..so mad at being broke/jobless

400 (Simpsons)

400 (Marvel: Vengeance and Virtue Pinball)

400 (Pinball FX2 Core)

600 (Sonic 4 Episode 2)

400 (Geometry Wars Evolved²)

600 (Alan Wake's American Nightmare)

now to figure out what I want most/what I wanna spend my 600 on

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Crap. With the long holiday weekend, I forgot about the AC:R DLC. Can't get on Live, guess I'm S.O.L. on getting those?[/QUOTE]

the deals usually last a bit for Tuesday, unsure how long

figured out what I want..so mad at being broke/jobless

400 (Simpsons)

400 (Marvel: Vengeance and Virtue Pinball)

400 (Pinball FX2 Core)

600 (Sonic 4 Episode 2)

400 (Geometry Wars Evolved²)

600 (Alan Wake's American Nightmare)

now to figure out what I want most/what I wanna spend my 600 on

[quote name='MRGx']
now to figure out what I want most/what I wanna spend my 600 on[/QUOTE]

GeoWars 2 and Rocket Riot are good combo for 600msp. :)

Those 2 sale lists have me drooling all over my keyboard... I've been dying to see Warp go on sale, plus I've been eyeing the Vengeance & Virtue pack for PBFX2. There's quite a few repeats, but also a lot of new stuff that has never gone on sale.

Any idea how long the Back to School sale will last? I'm just not sure if I need to run out today to pick up some points or if it can wait until Friday, at least.

[quote name='Sath666']GeoWars 2 and Rocket Riot are good combo for 600msp. :)[/QUOTE]

never heard of Rocket Riot but GeoWars 2 has been on my "wishlist" for ages, but so has Pinball FX2 Core and Simpsons. I just hope this back to school sale lasts the month, gives me time to get bing stuff done and at least gain a *little* bit of points

[quote name='MRGx']never heard of Rocket Riot but GeoWars 2 has been on my "wishlist" for ages, but so has Pinball FX2 Core and Simpsons. I just hope this back to school sale lasts the month, gives me time to get bing stuff done and at least gain a *little* bit of points[/QUOTE]

Simpsons is not as good as you remember it, believe me. Plus the online co-op is really laggy. It's a Backbone port.

[quote name='Sath666']Simpsons is not as good as you remember it, believe me. Plus the online co-op is really laggy. It's a Backbone port.[/QUOTE]

well, thats good to keep in mind. thanks for the info, in a desperate attempt I even bumped my Bing topic over at referrals, I don't think I've ever seen a sale I cared about so much in years

[quote name='Sath666']Simpsons is not as good as you remember it, believe me. Plus the online co-op is really laggy. It's a Backbone port.[/QUOTE]

I never played the original, but I played through it when I got it for free on PS+ and thought it was pretty awful. It's obvious that the developers had no idea what The Simpsons was and just randomly stuck Simpsons sprites into an average beat-em-up game. Rocket Riot is a lot of fun, though, at least until it gets super-hard.

[quote name='Gabrius']Anyone else getting an error when trying to access xbox.com?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I get a Runtime Error. No problems accessing the marketplace from my 360 though.

[quote name='Gabrius']Anyone else getting an error when trying to access xbox.com?[/QUOTE]

Same here. Which sucks since there's a lot on sale I'm considering buying. I often forget to buy things on sale if I don't buy them on Tuesday. I hope xbox.com comes back before I forget.

[quote name='nCogNeato']Same here. Which sucks since there's a lot on sale I'm considering buying. I often forget to buy things on sale if I don't buy them on Tuesday. I hope xbox.com comes back before I forget.[/QUOTE]

Just a quick and dirty idea.
Set as home page the first page of this thread, and I bet that you will never forget the sales again :lol:

Wow, a sale where I want a ton of stuff! Pays to wait. Think I'll get Rayman HD, Sonic 4 Ep. 2, and possibly the Marvel: Vengeance & Virtue pack for Pinball FX2.

Would've gotten Sine Mora, but I'm still waiting for that PSN version with the additional character.

[quote name='Sanges99']Major Nelson's got next week's sales up, and GOD releases, y'know... if anyone is feeling frisky about the OP. *nudge nudge* Know what I mean, know what I mean? ;)

MajorNelson.com[/QUOTE]

Another Pop Cap sale? Seriously?

Good thing I ordered some MSP from the ebay deal the other day. Planning on getting:

Rayman 3
Alan Wake
Stacking
Sonic Episode II
Pinball FX2 Core
Pinball FX2 PvZ table
Metro 2033 DLC

Any other suggestions?

[quote name='ooga']Another Pop Cap sale? Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Haha this stuff is on sale almost every day.

Mark of the Ninja for 800msp? Wasn't supposed to be 1200? If this is correct price i'm buying it. :)

Glad i waited for some of the 800msp tables for Pinball FX2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back