XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! I was hoping that the Gears 3 pass would be 800Msp but for 1200Msp im going to have to pass since i dont play Gears that much Anyways.Im still hoping for a Saints Row The Third Season Pass Sale.

Edit:Now that i think about I might just get the Gears Season Pass its a pretty good deal. But for the Saints Row 3 SP i hope its 400Msp.

[quote name='HDShadow']Gears of War 3 season pass is $15. Score![/QUOTE]

Great price, prepared to have about 3gb free for all the dlc included in the season pass. I paid 1600 MSP for it @ launch (traded for a code on here) and would recommend it for this sale price!

FYI for anyone planning to play gears online with the DLC, most likely the people that have it are 10X better than those that don't, so if you are not very good at online, prepare to get owned. Lots of great content though included.

[quote name='Turbojugend']Was it more fun hanging around a smelly arcade sinking five bucks worth of quarters into a game you couldn't take home with you?[/QUOTE]

Infinitely. Not having it available at home actually made mediocre games even better. Near the end of the U.S. arcade's life, there were ultra-bad ports of good arcade games to play at-home, which made the arcade versions even that much better.

I really wish Pinball FX2 would go back to the 3 achievements per table formula. I accidentally got the one 50-pointer on PvsZ during my first game...

Wow, this could get expensive...

Definitely getting:
Alan Wake AN
Rayman 3
Warp
Pinball FX Marvel
Metro 2033 Ranger Pack
Forza 4 Porche

Considering:
3D Ultra Minigolf
Assault Heroes
Carcassonne
Geometry Wars
Sam and Max (Both)
Mad Riders

Already own:
Limbo (Awesome)
Bloodforge (Haven't played yet)
Joe Danger (Haven't played)
Rock of Ages (Haven't played)
Raskulls (Haven't played)
Rocket Riot (Awesome)
Stacking (Awesome)

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']

Considering:
3D Ultra Minigolf
Assault Heroes
Carcassonne
Geometry Wars
Sam and Max (Both)
Mad Riders
[/QUOTE]

Get GeoWars and skip others. :p

damn..I have 700 msp now, need 100 more to get both pinball tables.
can anyone spare 100 msp from Bing? I'll totally return it back in like a week when I can get 100 from Bing. would be very thankful for it

grabbed the pinball tables thanks to the generosity of Sath666, he'll be getting his 100 MSP back in a week. can't wait to get some good scores on these tables. now to hope for another Alan Wake sale in the future/for Christmas so I can grab it then/have points by then. on another note, first time I've ever had 0 points in years, weird.

[quote name='Sath666']Get GeoWars and skip others. :p[/QUOTE]

Isn't GeoWars part of that compilation disk Gamestop sells for a $1?
Wouldn't that be a better deal with the addition of other games as well?

[quote name='Wrong']Isn't GeoWars part of that compilation disk Gamestop sells for a $1?
Wouldn't that be a better deal with the addition of other games as well?[/QUOTE]

The first Geometry Wars is part of a compilation disc. I don't recall that being the case for the second game but I could be wrong.

[quote name='Tsel']Wasn't it rumored that Battlefield 3 Premium would be on sale? I don't see it happening, but I hope it does.[/QUOTE]

It wont happen soon, the premium edition bundle is going into stores september 11. Not to mention theres two more dlcs coming out that wont be released well into 2013. I don't see a sale coming on it until next year.

CQ might go on sale soon but it was kind of crappy imo.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Never will buy a Season Pass Day 1 again...was already pissed when the Gears Pass went on Sale on Christmas and not even all the DLC was out ~~[/QUOTE]

Me either, bf3 is the only one who hasnt thrown the early adopters under the bus. And both gow3 and bf3 have content id rather not payed for. For me I'll be waiting and getting the ones I want.

Picked up both Sam and Max games, The Simpsons Arcade, Rock of Ages, Joe Danger, Limbo, Sine Mora, Stacking and Assault Heroes (1 and 2). Will be picking up Plants Vs. Zombies next week... :)

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Never will buy a Season Pass Day 1 again...was already pissed when the Gears Pass went on Sale on Christmas and not even all the DLC was out ~~[/QUOTE]

Epic is dead to me right now. Not because the dlc is on sale but because they took the money and never looked back. They basically left the MP community to fend for themselves after they released the last dlc. Talking about dedicated servers and then locking them behind the dlc was bs. Now they stopped new gears event ribbons making the achievement 10x more a pain in the ass since you never know what week you missed. I am not buying Judgement on release and may never buy it.

[quote name='Wrong']Isn't GeoWars part of that compilation disk Gamestop sells for a $1?
Wouldn't that be a better deal with the addition of other games as well?[/QUOTE]

You can't install the compilation discs. Some people (me as well) prefer to download them.;)

Yep there is a compilation disc for the second game, comes with Lumines and Bomberman Live and also includes a MS Pacman Code + 48 Hour Trial

51RYVXjby1L.jpg

First Game is available on here (includes 1 Month XBL Gold Membership):
5127Z5411WL.jpg

The Arcade Game pack was bundled with a wireless controller. I don't see where Gamestop sells it separately and there are only a couple of auctions on ebay for the disc.

[quote name='mitch079']The Arcade Game pack was bundled with a wireless controller. I don't see where Gamestop sells it separately and there are only a couple of auctions on ebay for the disc.[/QUOTE]

Well we could buy it seperate over here...in stores and via amazon...got it for 3 bucks in store lol

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Yep there is a compilation disc for the second game, comes with Lumines and Bomberman Live and also includes a MS Pacman Code + 48 Hour Trial

51RYVXjby1L.jpg

First Game is available on here (includes 1 Month XBL Gold Membership):
5127Z5411WL.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link or SKU number for that compllation disc with Geo Wars 2, Bomberman, and Lumines Live?

I tried searching gamestops website and cant find it.

Pulled the trigger on Alan Wake: A.N. and the Marvel V&V tables for Pinball FX2.
I also bought the Plants vs Zombies table for full pop, showing devs some love.

I found the XBLA controller bundle on amazon but it is way overpriced. It never dropped in price which is probably why I never bought it.

amzn .to/O2kQ9r

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Any opinion on Aasualt Heroes 1 vs 2?[/QUOTE]

Assault Heroes is much more fun than 2 IMO. Apparently the developers took some criticisms about part 1 being too short to heart, even though the length was perfect for an arcade-style shooter. So part 2 is like 3-4 times as long, but it just feels extremely padded out and boring. It's stretching a good idea too thin, despite the new vehicles and such. There are so many more interesting twin-stick shooters available nowadays, why commit to an uninspired one that lacks personality?

I think I am passing on anymore pinball. I'd rather wait and see if it comes to the windows 8 version eventually. I would get more used out of there. Did pick up Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II though. I have less than 300 left on my 320 GB hd and don't want to erase anything so I am picking what I download now carefully.

[quote name='Kerig']I really wish Pinball FX2 would go back to the 3 achievements per table formula.[/QUOTE]

This can't happen unless Microsoft decides to raise the cap of 99 achievements per title.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']This can't happen unless Microsoft decides to raise the cap of 99 achievements per title.[/QUOTE]

And yet there is Orange Box..but I guess Microsoft can bend their own rules if they want to lol

[quote name='Rollobobo']Do you have a link or SKU number for that compllation disc with Geo Wars 2, Bomberman, and Lumines Live?

I tried searching gamestops website and cant find it.[/QUOTE]

The case itself doesn't have a number maybe that's the problem, also I think they just took them out the package and sold both seperately...

[quote name='eastx']Assault Heroes is much more fun than 2 IMO. Apparently the developers took some criticisms about part 1 being too short to heart, even though the length was perfect for an arcade-style shooter. So part 2 is like 3-4 times as long, but it just feels extremely padded out and boring. It's stretching a good idea too thin, despite the new vehicles and such. There are so many more interesting twin-stick shooters available nowadays, why commit to an uninspired one that lacks personality?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I know what you mean.

I was completely out of HD space so I wound up buying a bunch of 16 gig memory sticks and transferred a bunch of games off my main HD, thanks to the advice of a fellow CAG member (thanks!). So I am finally able to buy some games again. Went a little crazy and picked up a bunch of new stuff. From the sale I picked up Sonic 4 Ep 2, Assault Heroes, Assault Heroes 2, Babel Rising, Geometry Wars, Rayman 3 HD, Mad Riders, Raskulls, Rocket Riot & 3D Minigolf. Also picked up Mask of the Ninja, Spelunky, Dogfight 1942, the 3 - 2 pack upgrades for Pinball Arcade, The Plants Vs Zombies Table for Pinball FX2, Dust an Elysian Tale, Minecraft, AwsomeNauts, and too many add ons to list. Blew through like 14k points in a matter of an hour. Gotta love XBox live Arcade!

[quote name='cancerman1120']Epic is dead to me right now. Not because the dlc is on sale but because they took the money and never looked back. They basically left the MP community to fend for themselves after they released the last dlc. Talking about dedicated servers and then locking them behind the dlc was bs. Now they stopped new gears event ribbons making the achievement 10x more a pain in the ass since you never know what week you missed. I am not buying Judgement on release and may never buy it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. I was a huge Gears MP fan until they decided to basically force people to pay for the dedicated servers. It's practically impossible to connect to ranked matches w/o them. That Judgement crap looks like a filler title until Gears 4.

what gears 4?! haha..Not many people even play Ranked matches anymore on gears 3 and the online community for it is very low, especially for a high profile series. I mainly play quick match and that usually is smooth

they completely fucked the online community with Gears 3. i just play horde now, and even that should've had playlists so I don't play the same maps all the time. sigh.

I'm actually pretty surprised I still get matched with bots on GOW 3 at night the MP community on it is pretty low also depends on what game mode you choose.

"Plants vs. Zombies - Gold Price: 600 ($7.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic(89) - Trailer #3 / #4"

PvZ is not on PopCap Volume 2. :roll:

[quote name='yamayama']"Plants vs. Zombies - Gold Price: 600 ($7.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic(89) - Trailer #3 / #4"

PvZ is not on PopCap Volume 2. :roll:[/QUOTE]

:roll:

popcap-hits-vol-2-xbox-360.jpg

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']The case itself doesn't have a number maybe that's the problem, also I think they just took them out the package and sold both seperately...[/QUOTE]

Damn...
I actually tried calling around a few stores a most stores kept trying to tell me its a complilation disc, but they continue to say you also get the original Geo Wars and Texas Hold'em poker and yada yada yada....I politely tell them that i NOT the one I am looking for and they act like I dont know what I'm talking about. Friggin Gamestop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back