XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
After demoing Rock of Ages, I decided I'm going to buy it because of the awesome Terry Gilliam art style and that it reminds me of Odama for the Gamecube. That will zero out my points but now I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a 800 point code from Amazon to get 3D Minigolf, Carcassone and either Assault Heroes or Rocket Riot (even though I didn't like having to act like I was flicking a booger with the right stick).

Also, I really need to buckle down and go through my XBLA backlog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any tips regarding Rock Band Blitz and adding some cheap songs to my inventory? Are the old games have some sort of import code (I have never played them just see them traded a bunch) so that you can play them on RBB?

[quote name='Outinthedark']Anyone have any tips regarding Rock Band Blitz and adding some cheap songs to my inventory? Are the old games have some sort of import code (I have never played them just see them traded a bunch) so that you can play them on RBB?[/QUOTE]

You can export RB1 songs ($2 at gamestop) from the disc without needing a code. You get about 40 songs after paying a $5 fee.

[quote name='HDShadow']Saints Row the Third is the next season pass. It's for 800 points.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. It's not like I just bought the 3 dlc packs on sale a very short time ago. Oh wait, yes I did.

Oh well no nightblade for me I guess

[quote name='Outinthedark']Anyone have any tips regarding Rock Band Blitz and adding some cheap songs to my inventory? Are the old games have some sort of import code (I have never played them just see them traded a bunch) so that you can play them on RBB?[/QUOTE]

Some Hastings may have Rock Band track packs on sale for $1 when they had their clearance blowout. I got the Metal Track Pack and Track Pack 2 for $5 total. That's about 40 when imported. There's a handful of free songs available as well.

Damn, I wish I would've known about these daily deals.

I bought the Gears season pass last week, full price, and it shows up today for 1200 >_<

And thanks to weird XBL infrastructure I could buy it again at the reduced price. LOL

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Awesome. It's not like I just bought the 3 dlc packs on sale a very short time ago. Oh wait, yes I did.

Oh well no nightblade for me I guess[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. 840 points total for all the DLC.
"it won't go on sale anytime soon again, I'm sure" boy..I was wrong. wish I would've waited, would have liked to have it 40 points cheaper and get the NB pack with it

The cheapest per song is to import the other games. You can import RB1 (about 50 songs) for $5 with the code in any manual and the disc. RB2 has a one time use code and costs $10 for ~50 songs plus two 20 packs (making it ~90 total). Lego Rock Band has a one time use code that lets you import it's set for $10 (I think this one is closer to 45 songs). Green Day is the same, $10 for 45 songs. Other than that, you have to go with the track packs (20 songs each, one time use code in the manual, ACDC, metal, country, country 2, TP vol1, TP vol2, classic rock) or individually downloading songs (from $1 - $2 per song, discounts on packs) from the marketplace. There are a SMALL handful of free tracks through the marketplace, but those are few and far between.

For anything other than RB1 though, you're taking your chances buying used; a lot of people bought the game, maybe played it or not, imported and then traded it in, and the codes are only good once (except RB1).

Besides picking a copy of RB1 dirt cheap and exporting the songs from that one, there was also a trick to getting a new export code from RB2 a few years ago. Not sure if it still works, but if it does then all you have to do is pay the $10. With the export code, you can also get a Xbox code for 20 extra songs here.

[quote name='vamn']Besides picking a copy of RB1 dirt cheap and exporting the songs from that one, there was also a trick to getting a new export code from RB2 a few years ago. Not sure if it still works, but if it does then all you have to do is pay the $10. With the export code, you can also get a Xbox code for 20 extra songs here.[/QUOTE]

that won't work, since EA doesn't support the games anymore. at least I don't believe they do. shame because I really liked EAs support, my RB3 disc was cracked by freak accident and they replaced it for free without proof or payment or anything. they got it to me like..3 days after the request.

[quote name='MRGx']that won't work, since EA doesn't support the games anymore. at least I don't believe they do. shame because I really liked EAs support, my RB3 disc was cracked by freak accident and they replaced it for free without proof or payment or anything. they got it to me like..3 days after the request.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, my info is a few years old :/ It might be worth a shot to give them a call in the off chance that they still do.

Other than exporting from the games and track packs, I'd suggest checking out songs on Rock Band Network. You won't really find any big big name bands on there, but you can find some cool catchy songs for 80 MSP each.

EDIT: Also, here are the available free tracks (lifted from the free marketplace stuff thread)

Rock Band - "Am I Crazy"
Rock Band - "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)"
Rock Band - "Dreaming of Love"
Rock Band - "Headphones On"
Rock Band - "Promised Land"
Rock Band - "Still Alive"
Rock Band - Rock Band Network Megamix 01 (mix of various Rock Band Network songs)
Rock Band 3 - Rock Band Free Pack 01 (9 song pack)

[quote name='MRGx']that won't work, since EA doesn't support the games anymore. at least I don't believe they do. shame because I really liked EAs support, my RB3 disc was cracked by freak accident and they replaced it for free without proof or payment or anything. they got it to me like..3 days after the request.[/QUOTE]

I would like to say that it does still work. Specifically about two weeks ago, I went to EA support, sent them an email saying that my RB2 export code didn't work, and a couple days later, they sent me a new code by email.

[quote name='MRGx']I feel your pain. 840 points total for all the DLC.
"it won't go on sale anytime soon again, I'm sure" boy..I was wrong. wish I would've waited, would have liked to have it 40 points cheaper and get the NB pack with it[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as I'm sure many other gamers are. 40 points is only 50 cents I believe so I don't feel too bad, but getting that extra NB pack would've been nice.

Hopefully they do a season pass sale for Max Payne 3 for the final day then I'll have all the ones I want.

I'm cheap as hell so I'm not looking to invest a ton outside of the import codes. I'm sure I can snag some on the cheap. Will just wait for some MSP deals and roll it together nice and easy. RBB reminds me a lot of Audiosurf.

[quote name='Outinthedark']I'm cheap as hell so I'm not looking to invest a ton outside of the import codes. I'm sure I can snag some on the cheap. Will just wait for some MSP deals and roll it together nice and easy. RBB reminds me a lot of Audiosurf.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you're going for the 150/300 songs achievements. Someone said the RBN songs don't work so avoid those. I just picked up Green Day Rock Band for $10 off Amazon and then paid the $10 export fee. If you don't already have a ton of tracks then it'll be expensive any way you cut it.

Here's a link to the Saints Row The Third season pass:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Season-Pass/86378a16-3e0b-4e65-8fa7-1272e8bf6b47?cid=SLink

[quote name='Cleaner7']I'm assuming you're going for the 150/300 songs achievements. Someone said the RBN songs don't work so avoid those. I just picked up Green Day Rock Band for $10 off Amazon and then paid the $10 export fee. If you don't already have a ton of tracks then it'll be expensive any way you cut it.

Here's a link to the Saints Row The Third season pass:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Season-Pass/86378a16-3e0b-4e65-8fa7-1272e8bf6b47?cid=SLink[/QUOTE]

Not specifically no, just want some more song to play :)

damn I'm 90 points short of 600 for Alan Wake, anyone know a way to get 100 MSP? I just did the Bing rewards to get to 510. Will probably just have to buy another 400 MSP

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']damn I'm 90 points short of 600 for Alan Wake, anyone know a way to get 100 MSP? I just did the Bing rewards to get to 510. Will probably just have to buy another 400 MSP[/QUOTE]

Buy them off a CAG.

[quote name='HDShadow']Saints Row the Third is the next season pass. It's for 800 points.[/QUOTE]

You just cannot win. Buy the packs on sale and then 3 weeks later they put the pass on sale. Whoever controls the DLC sales is a fucking masochist.

[quote name='Outinthedark']RBB reminds me a lot of Audiosurf.[/QUOTE]

Funny, most people who have played Frequency or Amplitude on the PS2 used to say Audiosurf reminded them of those titles, which were made by none other than Harmonix (the ones who made Rock Band Blitz)

The song selection was very limited though, back before the days of DLC and import codes. It's now come full circle back to the good ol' days before plastic instruments.

[quote name='GUNNM']You're out an extra 40 points and got to play them 3 weeks earlier.[/QUOTE]

Season pass also has the Nyte Blayde Pack which is 240 points so it is more like 280. That is not the point though. I could care less about the 40 points. It is the timing of the sales. 4 months apart would be fine but 3 weeks is just stupid. Not the first time they have done this recently either. Most CAGs are not playing DLC they buy right away with the backlogs people have accumulated.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You just cannot win. Buy the packs on sale and then 3 weeks later they put the pass on sale. Whoever controls the DLC sales is a fucking masochist.[/QUOTE]

the la noire is worse. dlc on sale then right after season pass on sale

[quote name='cancerman1120']Most CAGs are not playing DLC they buy right away with the backlogs people have accumulated.[/QUOTE]

truth, I barely started the DLC a few days after getting it then my save got damaged somehow and haven't bothered with it since then. really regret buying the DLC because of the pass sale, but I'll get over it.

I went ahead and bought the saints row 3 season pass for 800 points. I don't even own the game yet but have plans to get it this holiday season on the cheap. I'm considering the gears 3 season pass, anyone know if the dlc there is worth it?

[quote name='kulaguy']I would like to say that it does still work. Specifically about two weeks ago, I went to EA support, sent them an email saying that my RB2 export code didn't work, and a couple days later, they sent me a new code by email.[/QUOTE]
Tried that today and got a code in less than an hour. :bouncy: Actually assumed it was an automated "new case" email and didn't open it straight away. :lol:

[quote name='Blaster man']I went ahead and bought the saints row 3 season pass for 800 points. I don't even own the game yet but have plans to get it this holiday season on the cheap. I'm considering the gears 3 season pass, anyone know if the dlc there is worth it?[/QUOTE]

There's one campaign DLC, and the rest of it is multiplayer maps and skins. Personally, I would have preferred more campaign content. Online multiplayer is so-so, but that may just be me.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']damn I'm 90 points short of 600 for Alan Wake, anyone know a way to get 100 MSP? I just did the Bing rewards to get to 510. Will probably just have to buy another 400 MSP[/QUOTE]

Kinect Sports and that Xbox 3 pack (with Trails HD, Limbo, and Splosion man) each have a card inside for 120 points.

Maybe you bought them cheap as Best Buy like me. :)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Kinect Sports and that Xbox 3 pack (with Trails HD, Limbo, and Splosion man) each have a card inside for 120 points.

Maybe you bought them cheap as Best Buy like me. :)[/QUOTE]

Limbo Triple Pack is 160 MSP ;)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']?[/QUOTE]

Some are saying that the Limbo pack comes with a code for 160 MSP.

[quote name='bomberbadj']There's one campaign DLC, and the rest of it is multiplayer maps and skins. Personally, I would have preferred more campaign content. Online multiplayer is so-so, but that may just be me.[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks for the info, I guess I'll just pass on that one.

Hey, guys, sorry if this has been asked before but does the Saints Row 3 Season Pass include all the DLC I need to complete the game as far as achievements are concerned? I've already completed the main game but lack the DLC achievements and really wanna see this game added to my completed games list, especially since I bought this from Gamefly during the sale they were having recently. Thanks ahead of time. :)

[quote name='DeLane79']Hey, guys, sorry if this has been asked before but does the Saints Row 3 Season Pass include all the DLC I need to complete the game as far as achievements are concerned?[/QUOTE]

Just as far as additional achievements are concerned? Yes. Here's a list of the achievements, including which DLC pack offers which of the additional achievements: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/saints-row-3/guide/

[quote name='DeLane79']Hey, guys, sorry if this has been asked before but does the Saints Row 3 Season Pass include all the DLC I need to complete the game as far as achievements are concerned? I've already completed the main game but lack the DLC achievements and really wanna see this game added to my completed games list, especially since I bought this from Gamefly during the sale they were having recently. Thanks ahead of time. :)[/QUOTE]

I got the season pass for free when I preordered the game from thq. I can say this for anybody that pays money for saints row dlc, i feel sorry for you. it's the most piss poor crap i have ever played. I got it free and i feel ripped off. 3 dlc packs that can take a grand total of 90 minutes to beat. So $10 for 90 minutes of gameplay? i would pass seriously

Voliton/THQ needs to step there game up for Saints Row 4. I loved Saints 1 and 2 ( is the best in series) 3 was good but was lacking the polish that 2 had.

Gears of war 3 season pass...don't get me started on that. I bought it full price and the 4 dlc were good ...when the online worked...never again will i purchase a "Season Pass"

sorry that's my rant

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']I got the season pass for free when I preordered the game from thq. I can say this for anybody that pays money for saints row dlc, i feel sorry for you. it's the most piss poor crap i have ever played. I got it free and i feel ripped off. 3 dlc packs that can take a grand total of 90 minutes to beat. So $10 for 90 minutes of gameplay? i would pass seriously

Voliton/THQ needs to step there game up for Saints Row 4. I loved Saints 1 and 2 ( is the best in series) 3 was good but was lacking the polish that 2 had.

sorry that's my rant[/QUOTE]

No problem; that's been my issue with most DLC (I'm not a fan of DLC in general) but I figure I have some extra msp and this'll probably be the cheapest these DLCs will ever be sooo yeah... might as well bite.

I'm sad about missing the GoW3 pass, but it seems like one of the most obvious picks for the holiday deals later in the year, so I'll cry harder when I miss it then.

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']I got the season pass for free when I preordered the game from thq. I can say this for anybody that pays money for saints row dlc, i feel sorry for you. it's the most piss poor crap i have ever played. I got it free and i feel ripped off. 3 dlc packs that can take a grand total of 90 minutes to beat. So $10 for 90 minutes of gameplay? i would pass seriously

Gears of war 3 season pass...don't get me started on that. I bought it full price and the 4 dlc were good ...when the online worked...never again will i purchase a "Season Pass"
[/QUOTE]
Couldn't agree more about the SR3 pass. I paid full price a few months ago, such a huge ripoff. I wouldn't even consider it at $10 either after playing it.
Gears however was absolutely worth it imo. Played for a good couple of months every day and never had any problems with the online.

[quote name='Lemstar']Does anyone know if this can be installed and run off the HD without the disc in?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know all disc installs (except 2nd disc extra content) require the disc to play them. I'm fairly certain this follows that rule. I can confirm when I get home later and pop the disc in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back