XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tylerh1701']Sega games go on sale frequently, I expect a couple of those collections to drop in price fairly soon. I'm looking forward to the Monster World one.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I have always wanted to play the Monster World games. Played them a few times as a kid and always wanted to dig deeper.

[quote name='Zonic505']
Sonic Adventure was part of the Dreamcast Collection with Sega Bass Fishing, Crazy Taxi, & Space Channel 5 Part 2 (speaking of which, when's the original gonna be on XBLA/PSN?)[/QUOTE]

That's why you people should never listen to anything I say. ;)

[quote name='Zonic505']Not sure on another Dreamcast Collection. NiGHTS is a Saturn game, which wouldn't work, though maybe they could have JSR, SA2, Nights, & Daytona and call it something like Dreamcast & Saturn Collection.

Sonic Adventure was part of the Dreamcast Collection with Sega Bass Fishing, Crazy Taxi, & Space Channel 5 Part 2 (speaking of which, when's the original gonna be on XBLA/PSN?)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :)

[quote name='ooga']That's why you people should never listen to anything I say. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least you knew NiGHTS was a Saturn game, I didn't even know that.

Really hope that Midway disc comes to the US. I already bought Robotron from someone on another forum, but Smash TV alone would be awesome. Other possibilities (other games once available and now removed) include Gauntlet, Joust, Cyberball 2072, Defender, Paperboy, Tapper and UMK3 (unlikely with the horrible Arcade Kollection already available). Quite the list there.

Unrelated, but I added Feeding Frenzy 2 to my backlog just now. Have 200/200 on the first and am looking forward to plowing through the 2nd one when I hit my backlog hard next year. I think I finally own all the PopCap games I have any interest in. (FF 1 and 2, PvZ, Heavy Weapon and Astro Pop).

[quote name='Zonic505']NiGHTS & Sonic Adventure 2 confirmed for Oct. 5th, 800 MSP each. For 240 MSP, you can get the Battle Mode DLC for SA2, which is the extra maps & characters for multiplayer that were added in the GCN version of the game, along with Chao Karate.

& NiGHTS does come with the Christmas NiGHTS expansion included for free.[/QUOTE]
all i care about is toejam and earl. ill buy nights day 1 but i wont buy sonic until it goes on sale OR if that battle mode dlc works in online multiplayer ill get it day 1 but i doubt they would be unlazy enough to add a feature, they didn't for jet set. jet set will be nice, but i hope tj & e comes out soon, the achievements leaked and that's all i've seen but i think that usually means thegame is pretty much ready

[quote name='Zonic505']Space Channel 5 Part 2 (speaking of which, when's the original gonna be on XBLA/PSN?)[/QUOTE]
Unlikely. Unlike Part 2 the backgrounds in that game aren't rendered in real time, they're FMVs, and if you try to play Part 1 on an HDTV you will see that it looks like complete ass. Porting the game to high resolution would require actually remaking those FMV movies from the ground up.

Hi Guys....please forgive the ignorance demonstrated in this post.
Is it possible for me to buy a downlaod xbxo 360 code--or something--from a CAG user for Smash TV on XBLA to use under my profile?
I realize you no longer can buy Smash TV and other Midway games but the recent discussion on the compilation disc got me thinking.

If so, I'm interested. Please PM me and we can work something out.

Thanks,
Chad

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Unlikely. Unlike Part 2 the backgrounds in that game aren't rendered in real time, they're FMVs, and if you try to play Part 1 on an HDTV you will see that it looks like complete ass. Porting the game to high resolution would require actually remaking those FMV movies from the ground up.[/QUOTE]Ahh, so that's why. I was among the many wondering why Sega went right for the sequel when it was originally announced. Oh well, guess I'll have to find a cheap PS2 version or something.

Now I just hope that Skies of Arcadia makes it, considering they renewed the trademark for it earlier this month (though they might've just done it to secure the rights).

[quote name='chooka1']Hi Guys....please forgive the ignorance demonstrated in this post.
Is it possible for me to buy a downlaod xbxo 360 code--or something--from a CAG user for Smash TV on XBLA to use under my profile?
I realize you no longer can buy Smash TV and other Midway games but the recent discussion on the compilation disc got me thinking.

If so, I'm interested. Please PM me and we can work something out.

Thanks,
Chad[/QUOTE]

You should use the trade forum for this sort of thing. This thread in particular should help you out.

Hoooooly crap, that's a lot of songs. I'm 1/2 tempted to try out RB Blitz, and if I like it, get the songs I want on sale, then wait for Blitz to be on sale.

That's an amazing sale. Unfortunately there's not a lot I want in Rock Band that I don't already have. :lol: Might pick up some of the larger packs like Pixies, Bob Marley, and No Doubt.

just went through that list... I could easily burn 4000 points on songs I'd like to get... but I've already finished Blitz and don't really play RB3 that often... so torn b/c this DLC NEVER goes on sale... hmmm... decisions decisions...

[quote name='Outinthedark']So then...what's the best bang for the buck with this RB sale?[/QUOTE]
Same way you buy normal Rock Band songs, whatever your taste in music is.

The only real variance is the $9.99/800 MS Point deals. Everything else is pretty much standard. Since a majority of these packs are included in the $.99 singles can mix and match without much discrepancy in the price for the smaller song bundles.

• The Pixies - Doolittle (Album) 14 Tracks $0.71/ppt
  • The Best of The Who Rock Band Edition 12 Tracks $0.83/ppt
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik (Album) 17 Tracks $0.59/ppt
  • The Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape (Album) 12 Tracks $0.83/ppt
  • No Doubt - The Singles 1992-2003 (Album) 13 Tracks $0.77/ppt
  • Guns N’ Roses - Chinese Democracy (Album) 13 Tracks $0.77/ppt
  • Iron Maiden Pack 01 12 Tracks $0.83/ppt
  • The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold as Love (Album) 12 Tracks $0.83/ppt
  • No Doubt Tragic Kingdom: The Complete Album 14 Tracks $0.71/ppt
  • Creedence Clearwater Revival Pack 01 12 Tracks $0.83/ppt
  • Bob Marley - Legend (Album) 13 Tracks $0.77/ppt
  • Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced: Rock Band Edition (Album) 12 Tracks $0.83/ppt
  • $8.99 11 Tracks $0.82/ppt
  • $8.49 10 Tracks $0.85/ppt
  • $7.49 9 Tracks $0.83/ppt
  • $6.99 8 Tracks $0.87/ppt
  • $5.49 7 Tracks $0.78/ppt
  • $4.99 6 Tracks $0.83/ppt
  • $4.49 5 Tracks $0.90/ppt
  • $3.49 4 Tracks $0.87/ppt
  • $2.99 3 Tracks $0.99/ppt

[quote name='hunterr2d2']Starting tomorrow there is a going to be a 50% off sale on most (1100 Songs) of the Rock Band 3/ Rock Band Blitz DLC.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231797

http://www.rockband.com/content-assets/2012/09/RBDLCsaleGraphic.pdf[/QUOTE]
One thing to note is that ALL of the DLC on sale is pre-RB3 meaning it will NOT have harmonies, pro-guitar support or keyboard support. All of these songs will work fine in Rock Band 3, but you just won't have the harmonies, pro guitar or keys options when you select your instruments for the song.

Also, I wonder if this will count as the Deal of the Week or as just a separate sale.

[quote name='chipper_95']One thing to note is that ALL of the DLC on sale is pre-RB3 meaning it will NOT have harmonies, pro-guitar support or keyboard support. All of these songs will work fine in Rock Band 3, but you just won't have the harmonies, pro guitar or keys options when you select your instruments for the song.

Also, I wonder if this will count as the Deal of the Week or as just a separate sale.[/QUOTE]

For the most part this is true, but some of the older songs do have pro-guitar upgrade packs you can opt to buy. Also, some of the Pearl Jam and Green Day songs (not sure about any others) do support vocal harmonies.

Thanks for the heads up on that myfreeaddons thing at xbldb. Grabbed all the free rock band tracks. I take it those are the ones you have to play for that one RBW goal?

ok so what's wrong with bejeweled blitz? i played the demo, it seemed ok. the twist mode gave me a headache so i will not play that, but classic seemed alright. is it always timed that short? but the important question i have is, is the online community big for it? the only reason i'd get it is to be able to play online for a few games whenever i felt like it once in a while. can you always get a game? or is it dead like bubble bobble?

[quote name='SonicXtreme']ok so what's wrong with bejeweled blitz? i played the demo, it seemed ok. the twist mode gave me a headache so i will not play that, but classic seemed alright. is it always timed that short? but the important question i have is, is the online community big for it? the only reason i'd get it is to be able to play online for a few games whenever i felt like it once in a while. can you always get a game? or is it dead like bubble bobble?[/QUOTE]

I'd make an account on Facebook and play it there. It's free. Or get it for your iOS device (or probably Android - I presume it's there).

[quote name='crunchewy']I'd make an account on Facebook and play it there. It's free. Or get it for your iOS device (or probably Android - I presume it's there).[/QUOTE]
well to me

[quote name='Sath666']For anyone who is interested in Midway delisted games, disc compilation is coming in November.

https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/247553366325092352[/QUOTE]Interestingly, the GameStop link no longer works. Guess they put the listing up before they were actually suppose to.

Anyways, if it's suppose to contain all the delisted Midway games, I'm going to assume it'll have the following:

- Robotron: 2084
- Cyberball: 2072
- Defender
- Gauntlet
- Joust
- Paperboy
- Root Beer Tapper
- Smash TV

Not sure if the MK games would be included along with them, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did since it'd fit the "Arcade Origins" thing going on.

I hope the Rock Band stuff isn't the only deal this week. I'm not fond of what, to me, is a glorified version of "Simon".

No disrespect to those who like it, but I'm hoping for other deals this week.

[quote name='Sychophantom']I hope the Rock Band stuff isn't the only deal this week. I'm not fond of what, to me, is a glorified version of "Simon".

No disrespect to those who like it, but I'm hoping for other deals this week.[/QUOTE]

No disrespect taken. FWIW I feel like Call of Duty is just a glorified version of Wolfenstein. :p

Because of the way this was announced and the fact that the sale spans multiple platforms I think it's pretty safe to say this will be open to everyone and there will be different content for the regular DotW.

[quote name='Zonic505']Interestingly, the GameStop link no longer works. Guess they put the listing up before they were actually suppose to.

Anyways, if it's suppose to contain all the delisted Midway games, I'm going to assume it'll have the following:

- Robotron: 2084
- Cyberball: 2072
- Defender
- Gauntlet
- Joust
- Paperboy
- Root Beer Tapper
- Smash TV

Not sure if the MK games would be included along with them, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did since it'd fit the "Arcade Origins" thing going on.[/QUOTE]

I already have Robotron and Joust, but I'll buy it for the others. My kids will be thrilled that it has Gauntlet. Would be nice if they added some new (to Xbox) games, like Gauntlet 2, but that's probably a pipe dream.

Any idea on what GoD may get the discount this week? Also is anyone having issues concerning the DoTW in conjunction with the Beta? I can only access the gold deals through the app or Xbox.com, otherwise under fames on the dash it has an icon still professing that the Babel Riwing game is still on sale.

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Any idea on what GoD may get the discount this week? Also is anyone having issues concerning the DoTW in conjunction with the Beta? I can only access the gold deals through the app or Xbox.com, otherwise under fames on the dash it has an icon still professing that the Babel Riwing game is still on sale.[/QUOTE]
Yeah the dotw is all jacked up for us in the beta.

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Any idea on what GoD may get the discount this week? Also is anyone having issues concerning the DoTW in conjunction with the Beta? I can only access the gold deals through the app or Xbox.com, otherwise under fames on the dash it has an icon still professing that the Babel Riwing game is still on sale.[/QUOTE]
that's why i still never used my code lol. old dash is so slow but at least i can get all the discounts. its so stupid that sonic went down to 400 but the other games from dreamcast collection didn't. i need crazy taxi and i sold dc collection bc only those 2 games were worth playing on it anyway and they'd be better off the HD, and CT is worth 800 but sonic adventure is 400? if anything people would likely pay more for sonic

[quote name='Sychophantom']I hope the Rock Band stuff isn't the only deal this week. I'm not fond of what, to me, is a glorified version of "Simon".

No disrespect to those who like it, but I'm hoping for other deals this week.[/QUOTE]

I think Chrono is probably right, I don't think MS will make this Rock Band sale the DotW because then it locks it behind Gold and since Rock Band is advertising this stuff independently, I don't think they'd want that to happen.

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Any idea on what GoD may get the discount this week? [/QUOTE]

RE4 99% off ;)

I'm in the Beta and yeah, they had issues with the previous BTS sale where only page 1 of 4 would show, while pages 2, 3 and 4 would just show the infinite spinning circle. They took it all down and just had Babel Rising showing up in the traditional sale spot, which is no longer even on sale. Guess they never got around to updating it for the Popcap stuff this week.

I've just been keeping up with sales online and just go find the game in the marketplace and purchase it that way.

[quote name='BigMack9737']I'm in the Beta and yeah, they had issues with the previous BTS sale where only page 1 of 4 would show, while pages 2, 3 and 4 would just show the infinite spinning circle. They took it all down and just had Babel Rising showing up in the traditional sale spot, which is no longer even on sale. Guess they never got around to updating it for the Popcap stuff this week.

I've just been keeping up with sales online and just go find the game in the marketplace and purchase it that way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was doing that for the most part as well. I just knew some weekly GoD sales (the 25-33% 1 week drops) weren't showing up. Hopefully they get it taken care of. Had a weird glitch where my Xbox froze after leaving the sales and specials app as well.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Isn't Smash TV infamous for having an unobtainable achievement? I wonder if this release will fix that.[/QUOTE]From my understanding, there's one achievement ("Game Master") that's glitched, which is the one you get for beating the game under default settings without using a continue.

Maybe we'll get lucky & they'll put more than just the delisted XBLA games on there, considering they did 3 of those compilation discs (Midway Treasures) on PS2/Xbox/GCN.

Per the old Dash the GOD game this week is Batman Arkham Asylum but it never dropped. It still says $29.99 even when buying thru the dash and like you said xbldb did not catch it.

[quote name='Spylon']Whoa, that is really going to overload the xbldb history. The site should be fine but other sales may be lost in between the Rock Band sale.[/QUOTE]
Just like any DLC add-on that isn't Rock Band in the marketplace! :D

[quote name='Exu']Just like any DLC add-on that isn't Rock Band in the marketplace! :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah this should be no different, but there will ~1000 price drops tomorrow so finding the 5 or so non Rock band ones in that list may be hard. I'm trying to see if I can scan the Rock Band ones first. That will put them at the end of the history.

It would be nice if Microsoft chose to send out random emails wanting feedback on the beta to improve it as they go. They may be and it just wasn't knowledge to me, I just hope it gets better.

[quote name='franscodelamrte']It would be nice if Microsoft chose to send out random emails wanting feedback on the beta to improve it as they go. They may be and it just wasn't knowledge to me, I just hope it gets better.[/QUOTE]

There's a whole forum for users to post their feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back